Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:51:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BEAM | Mimblewimble | Private | Scalable | No ICO | No Pre Mine  (Read 77189 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (14 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
mrshaw070

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 08:51:54 PM

Question for miners, when mining on AMD cards, do you prefer Ethereum-like clock / voltage settings or Cryptonite-like clock settings?

I dont change my settings much, these days I only optimize for minimum power draw. Which has minimal impact to the hashrate it seems

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 09:00:48 AM

I am using leafpool. Better than spark and getting more coins. Lower fee

Links please? ...

Even though my 'interesting' post was deleted, I ask this out of pure interest in the project.

Seems some people don't like other projects being interested in this one. Let's mine Smiley

#crysx

YIY Company

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 12:50:42 PM

About the Vulnerability Team Beam discovered on January 9th, 2019.  
https://medium.com/beam-mw/team-beam-discovered-a-critical-vulnerability-in-beam-wallet-658f2c0344e2

WHY THE FUCK would you release a fix with the same version number!!!!

That is fucking retarded at best and scammer tactics at worst.

And this should be in the topic !!! Are you trying to hide this?

Team Beam discovered a critical vulnerability in Beam wallet
Go to the profile of Beam Privacy
Beam Privacy
Jan 10

January 9th, 2019, 08:20 PM (GMT)

Our Dev. Team discovered a Critical Vulnerability in Beam Wallet on January 9th, 2019, at 08:20 PM (GMT).

The vulnerability affects all previously released Beam Wallets both Desktop and CLI.

So far, we are not aware of Beam’s users being affected by this vulnerability.

We are working with various providers in the ecosystem to upgrade their systems.
Updates

The vulnerability has been fixed immediately
    Updated binaries can be downloaded from the website and the website only
    Please do not use wallets built from Source Code since the Vulnerability Fix was not committed to a public branch to avoid disclosure

Required actions

Do not delete the database or any other wallet data.

The vulnerability does not affect wallet data, secret keys or passwords.

All Beam users are required to follow the procedure below quickly.

Stop your currently running Beam Wallets immediately.
    Uninstall or delete your Beam Wallet application and executables from all machines. Please, do not remove the database or any other wallet data.
    Make sure the application was deleted. Check the documentation for the location of Wallet app files.
    Download the Beam Wallet from the website. It will have an identical version number as previously published archives. Make sure the SHA256 of the archive matches with the one published on the website.
    Install the new application.

We will publish as soon as possible the results of our investigation together with a full transcript of the solutions we applied to solve the issue.

If you find any kind of bug, issue or vulnerability, related to the one we face today or not, please make sure to reach us as soon as possible via email: security@beam.mw or submit an issue on Github.

Thanks for your patience and your understanding. Team Beam will continue with your help to build a confidential, comprehensive and secure ecosystem.

AND the bolded needs to be emphasized! You guys are gonna make the scam section pretty fast with this response.
Nothing works in these purses ... coins come but transaction failed ... Angry
pengi

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 05:07:50 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2019, 07:13:05 PM by pengi

I was mining beam for fun with my one card, but the wallet, sparkool and everything arround is, just terrible.
I have transfered the matured mined coins from the sparkpool, but even after 24 hours the coins didn't arrived. It showed in the wallet, that they are being transfered. I had active miner and opened wallet for about 24 hours, but the coins didn't arrived. After about 24 hours during the night my computer was restarted after f** automatic windows update. Great... But after the restart I found, that the transfer had a failed status in the wallet. I found in the thread, that there has been some security iussues and new wallet has to be downloaded, so I have made a copy of the old wallet and followed the steps on the site in order to instal the fixed version. Afterwards I have tried to restore my old wallet, entered the 12 words, password etc. Aaaand. Nothing Smiley Wallet wasn't restored and the coins are missing. I just wanted to share my experience with you guys.

Edit> I managed to somehow get the wallet back, but the transaction stil shows as failed and I have 0 Beams in my wallet
YIY Company

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 09:04:40 PM

I was mining beam for fun with my one card, but the wallet, sparkool and everything arround is, just terrible.
I have transfered the matured mined coins from the sparkpool, but even after 24 hours the coins didn't arrived. It showed in the wallet, that they are being transfered. I had active miner and opened wallet for about 24 hours, but the coins didn't arrived. After about 24 hours during the night my computer was restarted after f** automatic windows update. Great... But after the restart I found, that the transfer had a failed status in the wallet. I found in the thread, that there has been some security iussues and new wallet has to be downloaded, so I have made a copy of the old wallet and followed the steps on the site in order to instal the fixed version. Afterwards I have tried to restore my old wallet, entered the 12 words, password etc. Aaaand. Nothing Smiley Wallet wasn't restored and the coins are missing. I just wanted to share my experience with you guys.

Edit> I managed to somehow get the wallet back, but the transaction stil shows as failed and I have 0 Beams in my wallet
I have something similar with your situation. I installed a wallet with different versions on three PCs ... as a result, none of them work ... When I install a new wallet and restore the database, I always write that I have 8.5 https://i.imgur.com/8I5ZUAz.pngcoins. I tried to deduce these coins, but everything was empty ... As for me, that is an error in hotbit.io
Papa_Panda

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 10:10:36 PM

Beam Wallet stole grandmas! How to return? Yesterday I watched were RECEIVING, and today one of the trance status is Canceled 1.045, and others. Failed 2.34, HOW TO SHAKE THE BABKS FROM HIM? (the address that Failed 2.34 should still come there)
Downloaded from the office. Beam-Wallet-1.0.4028.exe site
Attachments
rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 10:13:43 PM

Due to beam being very new tech, it's always advisable to ensure that your wallet is at the correct block-height before initiating any send or receive.

I learned this tonight when I had a wallet stuck at a block previous to the current block Smiley
cryptolad

Activity: 131

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 12:38:02 AM

Beam Wallet stole grandmas! How to return? Yesterday I watched were RECEIVING, and today one of the trance status is Canceled 1.045, and others. Failed 2.34, HOW TO SHAKE THE BABKS FROM HIM? (the address that Failed 2.34 should still come there)
Attachments

you're using the beta version
YIY Company

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 01:38:26 AM

For testing, let's conduct a micco transaction between us ?! My wallet for the test: 8c39e729ed5db4149a2a8c179868462f54c053817e1ff44e68c5ea6addd8701f7
I have a version installed: Beam-Wallet-1.0.3976.exe
tonight did a complete removal. downloaded from the same version, and installed. After I installed a new wallet and I understand the synchronization. Well, after all made the restoration of the wallet. As a result, the coins in the account and wallets, too ...
That's when I try to bring hotbit to the stock exchange, then I’m writing that the transaction was successful ... But what happens in the Explorer block https://explorer.beam.mw/block/0b91fbe395832bfae99eb2ae482716a546ddd601f938a0ebda2ef18bdd1325ae
As a result, after 30 minutes, the Exchange credited me with coins! Roll Eyes
YIY Company

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 02:24:49 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2019, 02:40:46 AM by YIY Company

Attachments

1. Save the file wallet.db
2. Delete the full folder C:/Users/YourName/AppData/Local/Beam Wallet
3. Uninstall "BEAM" Applications.
4. Delete the full folder C:\Program Files\Beam
5. Restart pc.
6. Download and install version of beam-wallet-1.0.3976.exe
7. Create a new wallet and run.
8. Close the wallet.
9. Replace the file "wallet.db" (previously saved) in the folder: C:/Users/YourName/AppData/Local/Beam Wallet
10. Кun wallets and insert your old password.
End Smiley

My wallet for the test: 8c39e729ed5db4149a2a8c179868462f54c053817e1ff44e68c5ea6addd8701f7
Jarek85

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 08:02:40 AM

Hello to all, want to describe situation with Sparkpool.com and Beam coin. Mined Beam coin on Sparkpool.com 1 day by 5 rigs, then happened vulnerability in beam wallet, and my coins was sent on expired address. I try to understand what to do, and support in discord tell me that my coins is on the Spark Pool. I spoke with support Spark Pool in Discord with cz(SparkPool)#7214. He told me that my coins , and coins a lot of ppl who also did that , send Beam coins on expire address, would be resend just at 20-24 th of January. I am asking why so long, and he described me that they prepare for the new coin Green, sorry about remembering another project. So, they prepare for the new Scam ppl. I think they just sell our coins more expensive and will buy them after 2 weeks with x/5 price. Last few days Beam's price stay cheaper, so in few weeks it would be cost 20-30 cents. And Spark Pool use legal method for Robbing ppl. There is not my fault with the "vulnerability in beam wallet" we are just miner's. What's the problem to give us our coins right now or ASAP? And why support of Spark Pool told me something like : "We cant give ur coins soon because we prepare for Green coin". Is that normally? Later friend in discord told me, that he tried  to mine Beam coin on Spark Pool, but they even doesn't publish block which they mined. With this post i try to warning ppl about Scam and lier Spark Pool, don't mine on this Pool - because they can get ur coins when they want. And give u back them when u don't need them. I am asking the dev's of Beam coin control the Pool or warning ppl by themself, because right now Spark Pool Stole coins, and we cant do anything with them. How can we believe Beam project if u let the lier pools steal ppl? Dont delete this post plz, because mining is the one of the main part of Beam's coin life. And ppl must to know about mining pool ( and especially SparkPool - thats they just Legal Robbers) . If u need proofs i can put it there. I have the dialogue in discord with the support of the pool. Idk which links i can use for adding in Bitcointalk.
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 09:22:36 AM

Attachments

1. Save the file wallet.db
2. Delete the full folder C:/Users/YourName/AppData/Local/Beam Wallet
3. Uninstall "BEAM" Applications.
4. Delete the full folder C:\Program Files\Beam
5. Restart pc.
6. Download and install version of beam-wallet-1.0.3976.exe
7. Create a new wallet and run.
8. Close the wallet.
9. Replace the file "wallet.db" (previously saved) in the folder: C:/Users/YourName/AppData/Local/Beam Wallet
10. Кun wallets and insert your old password.
End Smiley

My wallet for the test: 8c39e729ed5db4149a2a8c179868462f54c053817e1ff44e68c5ea6addd8701f7

I'am getting confused with this instructions. So someone with wallet 1.0.4028 should downgrade back to 1.03.3976???
percenter

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 10:48:00 AM

Hello to all, want to describe situation with Sparkpool.com and Beam coin. Mined Beam coin on Sparkpool.com 1 day by 5 rigs, then happened vulnerability in beam wallet, and my coins was sent on expired address. I try to understand what to do, and support in discord tell me that my coins is on the Spark Pool. I spoke with support Spark Pool in Discord with cz(SparkPool)#7214. He told me that my coins , and coins a lot of ppl who also did that , send Beam coins on expire address, would be resend just at 20-24 th of January. I am asking why so long, and he described me that they prepare for the new coin Green, sorry about remembering another project. So, they prepare for the new Scam ppl. I think they just sell our coins more expensive and will buy them after 2 weeks with x/5 price. Last few days Beam's price stay cheaper, so in few weeks it would be cost 20-30 cents. And Spark Pool use legal method for Robbing ppl. There is not my fault with the "vulnerability in beam wallet" we are just miner's. What's the problem to give us our coins right now or ASAP? And why support of Spark Pool told me something like : "We cant give ur coins soon because we prepare for Green coin". Is that normally? Later friend in discord told me, that he tried  to mine Beam coin on Spark Pool, but they even doesn't publish block which they mined. With this post i try to warning ppl about Scam and lier Spark Pool, don't mine on this Pool - because they can get ur coins when they want. And give u back them when u don't need them. I am asking the dev's of Beam coin control the Pool or warning ppl by themself, because right now Spark Pool Stole coins, and we cant do anything with them. How can we believe Beam project if u let the lier pools steal ppl? Dont delete this post plz, because mining is the one of the main part of Beam's coin life. And ppl must to know about mining pool ( and especially SparkPool - thats they just Legal Robbers) . If u need proofs i can put it there. I have the dialogue in discord with the support of the pool. Idk which links i can use for adding in Bitcointalk.

Why are you so nervous? Personally, I received coins twice and I have no problems with this pool.
Yes, I have a few coins on their pool, which I have not yet received, but it is my fault that I mined these coins for a temporary address.
Poole makes ustugu on the return of coins to a new address, but it is not automatically and not in one moment.
Network Beam new and on the pool there is still no automatic transfer of your coins. All you need to do is calm down and not panic.
Spark pool helps not only those who mine the beam, but also other networks. Calm down and wait.
Jarek85

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 11:50:12 AM

2 weeks is long period, this coins would cost nothing when i accept them. Right now they didn't give US our coins because they are busy - preparing for another project. That's not a service , the most thing is get coins and sell them when they cost something, in 2 weeks they waste more than half of price. There is no reason to calm down and wait, i am warning all ppl about these lier pool, if u have some problems, nobody can helped them. Ppl must know that, and think twice before mining on these pool. I have problems with another exchanges and pools also , but this service is the worst, ppl must wait their coins, for 2 weeks , because pool is preparing for the new project to earn money. And they didn't care about our problems.
percenter

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 12:18:08 PM

2 weeks is long period, this coins would cost nothing when i accept them. Right now they didn't give US our coins because they are busy - preparing for another project. That's not a service , the most thing is get coins and sell them when they cost something, in 2 weeks they waste more than half of price. There is no reason to calm down and wait, i am warning all ppl about these lier pool, if u have some problems, nobody can helped them. Ppl must know that, and think twice before mining on these pool. I have problems with another exchanges and pools also , but this service is the worst, ppl must wait their coins, for 2 weeks , because pool is preparing for the new project to earn money. And they didn't care about our problems.

I understand you, but now Beam on an unpopular stock exchange.
If you sell these coins for $ 1, then later, when the coin appears on another (some big stock exchange),
you will regret selling it so cheaply. I think that the coin will cost 5 dollars (or 7-8% from ZCash price),
so I have not sold my coins. Good Luck!
mcfom
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 01:19:07 PM

Where this coin can be bought at this moment ? I see discussion where someone wants to sell at $1 that looks nice offer. I just joined telegram but till need time to understand what has been discussed. A coin with such features and lot of positive hype is really cheap at this price and looks good investing opportunity without any doubt.
percenter

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 05:44:04 PM

Where this coin can be bought at this moment ? I see discussion where someone wants to sell at $1 that looks nice offer. I just joined telegram but till need time to understand what has been discussed. A coin with such features and lot of positive hype is really cheap at this price and looks good investing opportunity without any doubt.

here for example
https://www.hotbit.io/exchange?symbol=BEAM_BTC
after we go to coinmarketcap and whattomine
price of this coin be increase, but this is my opinion.
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 07:19:28 PM

here for example
https://www.hotbit./exchange?symbol=BEAM_BTC

do not use Hotbit
LeonidSosnovskiy

Activity: 105

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 07:38:22 PM

here for example

do not use Hotbit
Why?
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 07:44:24 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

here for example

do not use Hotbit
Why?

the majority of their volume is fake.
they have a min cashout of 500Beam
they demanded a fee of 0.3ETH to allow a deposit of 0.23ETH from me.

avoid Hotbit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: