Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:05:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are you selling your altcoins so soon?  (Read 70068 times)
juragankambing (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:41:04 AM

I here and see that a lot of people are selling their altcoins for this reason or for that reason. In some cases I here that people are even spending their altcoins to buy Bitcoin. Now that one really has me confused. To me it’s way to early to be selling your altcoins. It’s like selling an original painting before it even gains in value or while it is still gaining in value. What smart investor does that unless they are selling out of fear or because they are desperate. For me I am holding all of my coins for now because it is way to early to even think about selling your altcoins; what say you?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oioioi

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 02:31:59 PM

it's not a wrong thing, for people who have a high level of patience to get high prices, but for my experience, I don't really need very high prices and wait for a long time for that, a little profit and appropriate prices have become a satisfaction, rather than having to wait and end stressed because the price does not go up

- CoinAnalyst - UNDERSTANDING CRYPTOCURRENCIES -
-  Maximize your trading profit with the CoinAnalyst A.I. Platform  -
dhemasm

Activity: 1829
Merit: 134

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:10:42 PM

Actually the answer is simple in my opinion, first because there are altcoins that have better prospects in the future and we run out of fund to buy these coins, finally we sell the coins. Second, this will always happen in the project that has just been completed, the bounty hunters sell their coins. Every person has different Answers, some are waiting to get a bigger profit or someone is selling early for gain the profit.
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:08:41 PM

One thing we are not realizing is that everyone can sale at anytime they desire
Sale depends on

1. When you bought your product
2. When you received it either from airdrop or bounty
3. What type of coin Hodler you are
4. The type of investor you are
RandyMagnum

Activity: 662
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:13:10 PM

I here and see that a lot of people are selling their altcoins for this reason or for that reason. In some cases I here that people are even spending their altcoins to buy Bitcoin. Now that one really has me confused. To me it’s way to early to be selling your altcoins. It’s like selling an original painting before it even gains in value or while it is still gaining in value. What smart investor does that unless they are selling out of fear or because they are desperate. For me I am holding all of my coins for now because it is way to early to even think about selling your altcoins; what say you?

Sometimes it's not easy to do nothing and wait especially when a lot of altcoins are growing but not yours.  Smiley All the sellings are in hope to catch the luck.
kenman

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:33:20 PM

yes i totally agree. the phenomena of crypto will reviel itself in a full measure inly after some time; make sure you have enough patience and then you will be rewarded beyond your dreams

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:34:51 PM

i never did that fault. but some people sell their alts early when huge BTC dump happens. yes we can minimize the loss by holding in BTC. but if you are longterm holder and holding them in wallet then its not good idea to sell it and buy again. just hold and buy the dip. thats why we need some TUSD in reserve to buy in huge dips.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
prashanta
Copper Member

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:36:23 PM

yeah always i sell my getting bounty reward as soon as possible when those token or coin listed any exchange. because i found that all bounty payment if i hold for long time that will down trend always that why i sell immediately.
Troysen

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:37:36 PM

I want to think that they are people who need that money for some emergency and not ignorants who know nothing of the market and will miss the next bull run, maybe like me they participated in many ICOs as happens to me sometimes and decided to sell a little to have more room for the crucials investment.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:38:49 PM

It's totally understandable why people are selling their holdings. Many of them made their original purchase in December 2017, that means they really paid a high premium for their coins of choice.

Now by selling their holdings they are just hoping to break even, cannot blame them doing that.

Also, life sometimes throws you some urgent issues that really need money to get solved.

hsyncl

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 07:39:53 PM

The fact that they sold it right away is because they actually spent no money. Because there is no cost, they count everything that comes. That's why they sell early and turn to another.

│      H U B R I S O N E      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
│    ◆    Equity share crowdfund    ◆    Tokens    ◆    Built with Stellar & OMG    ◆    1,000+ Members    ◆    │
▐▐    Whitepaper    ▌▌       Telegram       │       Twitter       │       Instagram       │       LinkedIn       │
erox

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:48:35 PM

The problem is that all people care about personal gain. That's normal. No one wants to incur losses, so close the "short positions".

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE
Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:55:58 PM

I think there are not so many people left that sells their altcoins. Mostly holders left in the market. That is why the prices are more or less constant comparing with before.
Cryptodiscuss

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:26:41 PM

That's strange question. Those people who sold any coin in december/january are in much better position than those who didn't!
And there are still coins that hit big gains after successful ICO and listing on exchanges, so why wouldn't people take some profit from their good investments?
crimsongoth

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 08:50:37 PM

I don't think I'm going to sell any of the altcoins that I've got as long as I don't get my targeted profit. Blockchain technology will eventually find its well-deserved place.
Bunk67

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:53:54 PM

I own my coins and i determine what i want to do with my coins is what i have worked for and invested in i decide what i do with my coin in my mind

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
Sanmark

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:57:31 PM

I don't think I'm going to sell any of the altcoins that I've got as long as I don't get my targeted profit. Blockchain technology will eventually find its well-deserved place.

This is true. But what do you think how many coins that are now on cmc are gonna exist when that happen? i'm pretty sure not many of them!

Word of Mouth Pro   │▌ https://wmpro.io ▐│
A Blockchain based Reputation and Rating Ecosystem
Lighthouze

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:58:08 PM

Everyone in crypto has their own strategy. Some people prefer to hodl a large percentage of their portfolio in BTC which is like the base currency. Some people prefer to hodl more alts. It's simply a case of what works for you.

For me, I only hodl alts that have huge prospect and not some shitcoins without value. A large fraction of my portfolio is in Bitcoin and this is for me is how I preserve my funds. Again, I sell the tokens with low prospects and hodl the good ones

imusify.com  ❰  Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  BACKED BY NEO
max6575

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 09:32:31 PM

to collects of spares on exchange as might the difference to shows with relative on returns with the profit as nominal of exchange on notables with the chance on transmission with the credit to personal wallet.
and manage to begins with one of same or similar plan on trading and collects of future returns as progress on drawing with projection.

memhak1105

Activity: 84

i love cryptocurrency

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:34:38 PM

i think humans have dream for be quickly rich. and they buy hearing all coins when expensive. and that coins dumped they are selling. and they are losting them all money.

♦ SIMDAQ-Learn how to trade profitable! ♦

❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰❰ ♦ SIMDAQ ♦ ❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱
Learn how to trade profitable!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: