Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:18:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are you selling your altcoins so soon?  (Read 70066 times)
Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 01:27:16 AM

I think the main reason for us is money. I only sell my altcoin if I need money to spend my life, but when I have money I will buy back to recover the number of tokens that I have held.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anisoptera

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:58:20 AM

I'm not selling anything in this year, for me, this year is only to get more coins into my portfolio and I will sell them not earlier than in 2020.

Thefrolly

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 05:28:05 PM

I here and see that a lot of people are selling their altcoins for this reason or for that reason. In some cases I here that people are even spending their altcoins to buy Bitcoin. Now that one really has me confused. To me it’s way to early to be selling your altcoins. It’s like selling an original painting before it even gains in value or while it is still gaining in value. What smart investor does that unless they are selling out of fear or because they are desperate. For me I am holding all of my coins for now because it is way to early to even think about selling your altcoins; what say you?

I am not selling my altcoins but the only altcoins that I would qualify that I sold was no exactly sold and turned into fiat, I just exchanged it for a better altcoin since I felt there was nothing better coming the way of the first altcoin but besides that, there is no kind of selling that I am doing but if I had to guess why people were selling, my guess would be fear.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
RoryDennis

Activity: 156
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 05:38:12 PM

I here and see that a lot of people are selling their altcoins for this reason or for that reason. In some cases I here that people are even spending their altcoins to buy Bitcoin. Now that one really has me confused. To me it’s way to early to be selling your altcoins. It’s like selling an original painting before it even gains in value or while it is still gaining in value. What smart investor does that unless they are selling out of fear or because they are desperate. For me I am holding all of my coins for now because it is way to early to even think about selling your altcoins; what say you?

You should not sell your altcoins soon. Wait for the right time. It is for sure that your coins shall rise in value and earnings. Go for paragon, ripple and stellar.
Gabah56

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 05:40:34 PM

because I'm afraid that the price will drop sharply. and my main reason is. want to play it so that I get additional benefits from the altcoins that I have

_____VIMee_____
The VIMee Social Platform
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 10:44:16 PM

This is not bad to sell my altcoin to spend money in my real life. A man can sell his tokens without any reason, I do not understand why people keep trying to impose something on other's decision! No one wants to sell in a huge loss but people are selling because they had to! No one can ensure what will happen at the end of this year, but I don't want to stay poor by holding my all money in coins.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Zdraste16

Activity: 442
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 05:40:43 PM

Many actually sell their tokens as soon as they are received in their wallet.  And they sell them on very dubious exchanges, at a very low price.  Some do this because they really need this money, and they have no other options.  Someone just does not believe in the project, and sell until the token has not reached the bottom.
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 06:10:18 PM

This is not bad to sell my altcoin to spend money in my real life. A man can sell his tokens without any reason, I do not understand why people keep trying to impose something on other's decision! No one wants to sell in a huge loss but people are selling because they had to! No one can ensure what will happen at the end of this year, but I don't want to stay poor by holding my all money in coins.
I recently prefer long-term storage of all my coins. It makes no sense to sell something, because all prices are unworthy of attention.Nevertheless, if you need money, then you have to turn a blind eye to it.
Galantin

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 06:14:45 PM

There is another reason for this. Many have already experienced Shitkoins. And when they enter the stock exchange, people sell them and invest in more interesting projects. It's simple. This is the strategy of many hunters.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
frost_wind

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 06:18:20 PM

Market is bearish now and people just want to safe their money . Most altcoins lose 5-20% of their capitalization every day , so it's much profitable to sell them as soon as possible .  If the market were bullish, then people would buy altcoins instead of sell them.

Cryptomilz
Copper Member

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 06:26:26 PM

Everyone has got their different strategy in this space. For some, they prefer to sell their altcoins quicker and convert to Bitcoin which for me isn't such a bad idea. So for them, it simply a case of accumulating more BTC through alts. Some also would rather convert to fiat as fast as they can especially in times like this when there's so much uncertainty in the market
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 06:38:53 PM

I am not convinced that selling your tokens at a cheap price makes you successful. I believe being successful involves holding your coin and selling it at a better price during the bull run.

doroshok2

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 06:41:35 PM

I agree with you. It makes no sense to sell altcoins, at a time when the cryptocurrency market has fallen very much. You will only incur losses if you sell now or exchange your altcoins.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Sri rahayu

Activity: 795
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 07:24:48 PM

I am not convinced that selling your tokens at a cheap price makes you successful. I believe being successful involves holding your coin and selling it at a better price during the bull run.
All choices are in their own hands, as said OP, they sure have their reasons, and the main reason is that they fear the tokens they hold will have no price, if they think their tokens will be expensive, it is impossible that they will sell them at cheap prices. IMO

I agree with you. It makes no sense to sell altcoins, at a time when the cryptocurrency market has fallen very much. You will only incur losses if you sell now or exchange your altcoins.
But I don't agree with you, why do you hold it until the price drops badly? You must pay attention to your tokens, immediately sell your tokens and buy again at cheaper prices than you sell, even though it doesn't make a profit, it can at least reduce your losses. But the decision is in your own hands and I do not recommend you do it.
Blyssaely

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 07:50:05 PM

I see that some of them will now grow and I will lose my money if I will sell them in the next year
CaMeRoNy

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 08:39:18 PM

For some people it is simply necessary, and someone sells because it is only here with the purpose of obtaining some benefits and as soon as he gets to earn some amount he will bring it. Now many people panic and they will withdraw more money from the cryptocurrency market.

adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 08:44:54 PM

This usually happens when people see that the price of bitcoin is falling. When the price of bitcoin starts to fall, the price of altcoins also starts to take a dip, but much deeper dip than bitcoin. Thus, as soon as they see any sight of red signs in bitcoin, they start selling all their altcoins as soon as possible. This causes further price dropping of the altcoin, which is more or less like the domino affect.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
prokurovt
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:44:12 PM

People have small panic in a recession. It lies in the fact that all by and large think that you can make good money only on investments in bitcoin. But it's definitely not. Even take the top 100 altcoins. There is something to work on and earn.

✘  EXCOLONY   |▌  YOUR PLEASURE IS OUR INNOVATION
|███   White Paper  [  JOIN our ICO  ]  ANN Thread   ███|
Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Github  |  Reddit
lappa1414
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

IRONX

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:55:49 PM

People have small panic in a recession. It lies in the fact that all by and large think that you can make good money only on investments in bitcoin. But it's definitely not. Even take the top 100 altcoins. There is something to work on and earn.

Panic the can be and a small, but panic in large numbers. Unknowingly making it worse for yourself. Sell, instead of stocking up on good altcoins.

yobo2020

Activity: 156

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:00:50 PM

the main reason I do sell my altcoin soon , is either I received the token from airdrop or bounty campaign.  No matter how much  I sell it am still at the profit side due to the fact that I don't use my money to purchase it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: