Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:33:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Andreas Antonopolous raising funds for Dorian Nakamoto  (Read 20578 times)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 4386

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:37:07 PM

I think in a few days she will be unemployed

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:44:16 PM

he should use the money for sueing the shit out of that idiot journalist  Angry

Truth is the new hatespeech.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:45:27 PM

Gah, I'm not seeing any replies to my request/suggestion to get cash over to Dorian asap.

As I said this isn't Western Union - this is Bitcoin!

Cash out the BTC collected so far, someone write a cheque and deliver it to his house. Today.

Better yet, if anyone knows the journalist who bought him lunch, try to get in contact with him as a way form a line of trust direct to Dorian. Let him know the people from "bitcom" are mad about the way he has been abused by newsweek and want to help Smiley

There is already over $13k - cash out $10k now and get it to him.

It would be more than awesome for bitcoin to say we collect $10k in a few hours and a few hours later it was in his hands.

Isn't that part of the the whole concept of bitcoin?

cut him a cheque?
so why rush to cash out today, then use a banking form of money transmission (the cheque) that takes days to process.
far easier to do a face to face exchange for dollar, then knock on his door

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:46:33 PM

ROFL

Yet another money grab scheme?

This people never cease to amaze me of how easy they give it up their money to such schemes.

The news was surely just published to allow yet another "Bitcoin Jesus" to collect money under the disguise of a noble cause.

The Bitcoin user base is becoming a whole pathetic mass of fools ready to provide money to fictional entities.
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:54:58 PM

The Bitcoin user base is becoming a whole pathetic mass of fools ready to provide money to fictional entities.

Who do you believe is the fictional entity?  Andreas, Dorian, someone else?

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:55:20 PM

LOL - I suppose we could view this as being a positive though - the BTC user base is expanding and so, as a sample of the population from which it is drawn, is more accurately representing that population  Cheesy
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:56:44 PM

ROFL

Yet another money grab scheme?

This people never cease to amaze me of how easy they give it up their money to such schemes.

The news was surely just published to allow yet another "Bitcoin Jesus" to collect money under the disguise of a noble cause.

This coming from a guy who very readily accepted 2BTC for 10 minutes "work"  Grin

Not so critical when you are on the recieving end?

Why don't you put it to good use and send it to an old, ill man looking after his 93 year old mother?

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
7queue

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:02:11 PM

Dang, more model trains for him!

8 )

8 )
retrend

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:02:59 PM

That would be such an immensely convoluted plan.

Nice work Andreas, good shout, you would have to think this money will more than make up for the trouble Dorian has been caused.
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:06:15 PM

Who do you believe is the fictional entity?  Andreas, Dorian, someone else?

The Dorian S. Nakamoto which needs to be compensated for the supposedly grief he is undergoing.

At this point the media created a fictional character based on the real character.
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:11:59 PM

This coming from a guy who very readily accepted 2BTC for 10 minutes "work"  Grin

Why don't you put it to good use and send it to an old, ill man looking after his 93 year old mother?

Because I have a whole family to look after? Anyway, I am extremely generous but not unwise. I give money to people when I am sure they really need.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 4386

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Roll Eyes

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
The Avenger

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:15:00 PM

Because I have a whole family to look after? Anyway, I am extremely generous but not unwise. I give money to people when I am sure they really need.
You *don't know* if Dorian needs it or not, so why come here and tell everyone they are fools? That's not extremely generous by any means, it's quite the opposite.

"I am not The Avenger"
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:19:45 PM

Donation sent!
MNDan

Activity: 287
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:23:24 PM

Sent!
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:26:39 PM

You *don't know* if Dorian needs it or not, so why come here and tell everyone they are fools? That's not extremely generous by any means, it's quite the opposite.

OK, I agree with you. I do not really know if the REAL Dorian S. Nakamoto really needs money for a genuine purpose. However, this is not about the REAL Dorian, but the FICTIONAL Dorian. Do you even know if the news article is addressing the truth of the matter? Based on my life experience I am sure that news articles are never accurate when the underlying purpose is to cause sensationalism. Personally, I do not trust in the news source due the lack of verifiable evidence to support what was claimed.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:34:15 PM

Giving Bitcoin to worthy causes that will gain positive press is important if only for selfish reasons as a community.  Put it this way, we are all major "stock" holders in the Bitcoin corporation.  We are not really spending any money on advertising.  The only advertising we have been getting lately is some "great" news like CEO's committing suicide and Mt. Gox going down and so on.  If we can collectively throw a small amount of coin into something that will generate positive press, we are all benefit greatly from that!  Plus we can do a potentially good deed in the process.  It really is a "win/win" situation for us to do these sorts of things.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:40:51 PM

Giving Bitcoin to worthy causes that will gain positive press is important if only for selfish reasons as a community.  Put it this way, we are all major "stock" holders in the Bitcoin corporation.  We are not really spending any money on advertising.  The only advertising we have been getting lately is some "great" news like CEO's committing suicide and Mt. Gox going down and so on.  If we can collectively throw a small amount of coin into something that will generate positive press, we are all benefit greatly from that!  Plus we can do a potentially good deed in the process.  It really is a "win/win" situation for us to do these sorts of things

ROFL.

No, you are certainly not "major stock holders in the Bitcoin corporation".

The only winner in this situation is who will end with the collected funds, which is certainly not the people donating neither the REAL Dorian S. Nakamoto.
The Avenger

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:41:07 PM

OK, I agree with you. I do not really know if the REAL Dorian S. Nakamoto really needs money for a genuine purpose. However, this is not about the REAL Dorian, but the FICTIONAL Dorian. Do you even know if the news article is addressing the truth of the matter? Based on my life experience I am sure that news articles are never accurate when the underlying purpose is to cause sensationalism. Personally, I do not trust in the news source due the lack of verifiable evidence to support what was claimed.
All I see is this old guy who is reported to have had a stroke, looks after his 93 year old mother and wants to be left alone but is being hounded by the press. Is that not really the only facts we have?

If he is "bitcoin satoshi", which I personally doubt, he has not cashed out his coins and so is not some eccentric millionaire pretending to be poor.

If he is not "bitcoin satoshi", which I personally feel is more likely (but make up your own mind), he does not seem undeserving of a little help.

That's all. For now, at least give him the benefit of the doubt, rather than putting everyone off helping.

If it's a total scam, no one is going to miss the $10 they donate. If it's not, the money is well spent.

I just hope Andreas/people will consider getting the cash raised over to him quickly - not in 3 weeks time.

Otherwise, it leaves him open to being cornered by some crappy news channel who offer him $10k for his story and he has no choice but to accept  Undecided

"I am not The Avenger"
The Avenger

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:43:18 PM

The only winner in this situation is who will end with the collected funds, which is certainly not the people donating neither the REAL Dorian S. Nakamoto.

HOW DO YOU KNOW??

It's being organised by someone most people in the bitcoin community know, so there is no reason to think it will not happen as promised.

You are just being an total ass making this statement  Angry

"I am not The Avenger"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: