Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:04:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Andreas Antonopolous raising funds for Dorian Nakamoto  (Read 20578 times)
CryptoKilla

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:51:09 PM

Nice job!

Get Free Bitcoin on Crypto Account!   24/7 CryptoCurrency Trading   ▷ Check
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 10:52:56 PM

The only winner in this situation is who will end with the collected funds, which is certainly not the people donating neither the REAL Dorian S. Nakamoto.

HOW DO YOU KNOW??

It's being organised by someone most people in the bitcoin community know, so there is no reason to think it will not happen as promised.

You are just being an total ass making this statement  Angry

The only way to deal with trolls is to ignore them.

On that note, I was glad to toss a few crumbs in on this. Worst case scenario a few dollars are lost, best case an undeserving media pinata gets a bailout. I think it's a fantastic idea, and what great press for the community!!
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:54:45 PM

Great move by Andreas A. It might even get him a private chat with the great man himself. Grin

I donated. If he's not Satoshi, the guy deserves a few $. If he is Satoshi, the coins will go to a good cause (I'm assuming the real Satoshi won't accept the coins Wink).
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:55:30 PM

People are so naive...

I know, right? Believing everything they hear without seeing any real evidence to support it. It's crazy!

Right?  People believe in a big bang and that we evolved from fish without seeing any real evidence too!  Crazy!

What you mean with "no evidence we evolved from fish"? See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagon

Small donation sent, to use phrase received via email some time ago "little cent sent via btc now ok" (Chinese people, I guess)  Grin

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
~Coinseeker~

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:59:23 PM

Donating to the uber rich?   Shocked  Not much different than corporate welfare.  Shameless pandering at it's finest by Andreas M. Antonopoulos. Roll Eyes
zetaray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:59:51 PM

I think Dorian deserves some coins, but I don't have much coins to donate.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
CryptoKilla

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:00:46 PM

WTG Andreas!!

Get Free Bitcoin on Crypto Account!   24/7 CryptoCurrency Trading   ▷ Check
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 11:11:44 PM

I think Dorian deserves some coins, but I don't have much coins to donate.

Glass half empty, eh? Young padawan evolve, you must.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 11:23:31 PM

One would have thought security expert like Antonopolous would have signed the OP with a PGP key or something for a project such as this.  Oh well, go figure...

I don't know of the OP is Andreas, but at least check the entire post.

EDIT: Find the donation address and the terms, signed by my PGP key, at the pastebin below
http://pastebin.com/4MHvpaeN

Nope, I'm not Andreas, but I did backtrack the info before I posted this and Andreas is tweeting about it also, as others have noted.

https://twitter.com/aantonop

Now, I have a serious fucking problem!

I just learnt that you're NOT Andreas, but made the mistake, as many others probably have, that you were, giving the first line of your OP.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ztjmg/andreas_im_fundraising_for_dorian_nakamoto/

Hi everyone, Andreas M. Antonopoulos here.
I'm fundraising for Dorian Nakamoto, the person named in the newsweak article.

<snip>

I safely assumed (at least thought so) that since quote tags weren't use, you were indeed Andreas. Hell, I even spend about an hour looking over my posts to see if I've accidently ever crossed you, believing then that you were Andreas, a Bitcoiner I admire.

I'm a little pissed off right now!
corebob

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:23:56 PM

As I detest garbage journalism I find this fund raising quite clever. Nice move  Grin
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:24:31 PM

All I see is this old guy who is reported to have had a stroke, looks after his 93 year old mother and wants to be left alone but is being hounded by the press. Is that not really the only facts we have?

What you see is a screen displaying doctored data with the primarily purpose to cause an expected reaction in your mind. You are not seeing the real character in your front, you are seeing the display of your computer where you read what you want to believe. You did not collected and scrutinized the data for yourself, you merely was told what happened.

If he is "bitcoin satoshi", which I personally doubt, he has not cashed out his coins and so is not some eccentric millionaire pretending to be poor.

If he is the Satoshi Nakamoto which developed the original Bitcoin software (and assuming he is also Dorian), then he could care less for his mother. I would certainly use that funds to help my mother. Would you not?

If he is not "bitcoin satoshi", which I personally feel is more likely (but make up your own mind), he does not seem undeserving of a little help.

Yeah, sure. However, what make you think he was not doing well before his privacy being completely busted? What make you think that ten of thousands of USD will provide him a better situation? Do you think everyone like to share with the whole world their grief? What make you think that money will buy his healthiness? Do you think more publicity from a bunch of deluded people is going to make him and his mother suffer less?

That's all. For now, at least give him the benefit of the doubt, rather than putting everyone off helping.

Who should have the benefit of the doubt?

f it's a total scam, no one is going to miss the $10 they donate. If it's not, the money is well spent.

It is not a scam, it is just a money grab scheme.

I just hope Andreas/people will consider getting the cash raised over to him quickly - not in 3 weeks time.

LoL

Pre-order of donations, brilliant!

That is a traditional way to do business around here!

Otherwise, it leaves him open to being cornered by some crappy news channel who offer him $10k for his story and he has no choice but to accept  Undecided
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:27:50 PM

To those crying about this, wonder idea here... gtfo then. No one is making you donate. Bitcoin needs anything positive right now it can get.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:38:50 PM

All I see is this old guy who is reported to have had a stroke, looks after his 93 year old mother and wants to be left alone but is being hounded by the press. Is that not really the only facts we have?

What you see is a screen displaying doctored data with the primarily purpose to cause an expected reaction in your mind. You are not seeing the real character in your front, you are seeing the display of your computer where you read what you want to believe. You did not collected and scrutinized the data for yourself, you merely was reported what happened.

That's an insult asshole. I saw an old man looking confused and upset, not "displaying doctored data". You are talking complete shit, who do you think you are fooling with this? Your grasp on reality appears to be very thin, stop trolling this thread and look in the mirror. Look deep. Scrutinise yourself for the logic that donations going to you (i.e. your personal "money grab scheme") and your family are totally legit, but to anyone else - it's some false, horrid matrix style illusion of deception. Wake up and stop deluding yourself. And stop trying to delude and get in the way of other people making a free choice to do what they believe is some good in this world.

To those crying about this, wonder idea here... gtfo then. No one is making you donate. Bitcoin needs anything positive right now it can get.
+100 (to the first two sentences)

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:39:42 PM

Yeah, I know, I know. It is all about Bitcoin and not really about to provide what someone really needs. You are not telling me anything new. I am sure there is plenty of people already expecting this media hype will increase the BTC price to inflate their stash and satisfy their greed.
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:45:23 PM

You lovely attitude is putting me in a generous mood.  I think I'll keep donating:

https://blockchain.info/tx/f8d3247cca5f655ea63866396f8b965d38bd051a63480d5f25e0fad64fcbb4b9

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:46:35 PM

That's an insult asshole. I saw an old man looking confused and upset, not "displaying doctored data". You are talking complete shit, who do you think you are fooling with this? Your grasp on reality appears to be very thin, stop trolling this thread and look in the mirror. Look deep. Scrutinise yourself for the logic that donations going to you (i.e. your personal "money grab scheme") and your family are totally legit, but to anyone else - it's some false, horrid matrix style illusion of deception. Wake up and stop deluding yourself. And stop trying to delude and get in the way of other people making a free choice to do what they believe is some good in this world.

Yawn...

Undecided

Look like you got emotional, d00d. This shows how easy you can be manipulated by mere words. You are wasting your time trying to lecture me about things I am well versed.
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:48:21 PM

Yawn...

If you keep this up, I'll do it again:

https://blockchain.info/tx/c3be3587f93d31d0897c11462e9e69e5e627d54e9cdeb93580522c46fe577302

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 4386

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:50:07 PM

Ahhh, the sweet silence of the ignore button

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:51:02 PM

Just that... Why no more? Come on, d00d! Show us you have the power. Send more, much more. What are you waiting for?

Here is a new challenge: 1,000,000 USD in donations to generate a super hype and create a huge influx of Bitcoin adopters!

Go go go!

To the moon!
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:53:02 PM

just gave him 5 bones!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: