Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:44:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the Real Risks of Crypto?  (Read 22050 times)
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:31:27 PM

What do you guys think are the real risks of cryptocurrencies and are there any ways of overcoming them? I've attached a good article below that covers a lot of the solutions to what people consider problematic at the moment, and it essentially says most of the risks are down to the user and not the technology (i.e. lack of education). Am interested to hear your opinions.

The interesting article: https://medium.com/@DDhopn/what-are-the-risks-of-buying-crypto-ff1c991a6c83

P.S. I am heavily involved in crypto, just keeping an open mind
We sometimes complicate things for ourselves, which is why we are the main actors behind this risks we see and get exposed to. Some have even done it to the extent that, they are not ready to learn from their mistakes, despite making a lot of it. One of which is embedded in our nature, which is the desire to acquire more and sometimes driven by greed and selfishness.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KolayZdun

Activity: 434
Merit: 12

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:23:53 AM

What do you guys think are the real risks of cryptocurrencies and are there any ways of overcoming them? I've attached a good article below that covers a lot of the solutions to what people consider problematic at the moment, and it essentially says most of the risks are down to the user and not the technology (i.e. lack of education). Am interested to hear your opinions.

The interesting article: https://medium.com/@DDhopn/what-are-the-risks-of-buying-crypto-ff1c991a6c83

To be honest, there are very few real risks. And the main risks-the loss of money only through their own fault. Do not blame the cryptocurrency market, it is not always to blame for your mistakes

Gypsy.Danger
Copper Member

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

CryptoMarketAds

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:59:36 PM

There are many risk key points on investment on cryptocurrency, namely your cryptocurrency if not much of a security, it can be exposed on a hacker and can possible stole your funds. Or if you invest on a coin and turns out to wreck also, you go to a zero start. The worst is you can be a potential victim of a many scam ico projects.

abubakar.tapo

Activity: 109

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:26:09 PM

Crypto currencies have a high risk. There is no guarantee that market participants will make a profit after an investment. The greatest risk for a participant, if he does not have much experience in cryptography, is very risky to invest significant amounts in the crypto market. The best will happen in cryptography, if a cryptographic insurance system appears at the global level.
Monro3000

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 06:28:30 PM

Here the question is not about risks, but about money. If you want to give up the money and go into crypto, this is one option. But if you are looking for profits, then now is a very risky time, both for buying and selling cryptocurrency.

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 04:26:23 PM

I think the main risk in cryptocurrency market is that cryptos is not a money. You have an under-regulated market, too independent and so it has a lot of scams and criminals. But at the same time you can keep tokens in safe.
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 04:37:21 PM

I believe that there is always a risk in any investment particularly in cryptocurrencies since there are scam ICO's in the crypto market that are uncontrollable on the side of the forum's admin. I think the most important thing to do atleast to minimize any risk is to gain more knowledge and understanding about cryptocurrency. Research and study the ICO or the existing altcoin you wish to invest. Analyze properly the market trend before you proceed with your investment.

The real Risk in the market is the Risk of losing your investment if the market  not favorable to your choice on investment, the market is very Volatile, will never know on what will happen on the next trading market. We've seen the ups and down on the market preview, the unexpected drops on some coin just recently was never predicted by experts on the market, they gave us all possible scensaio on what to expect or just an speculation, the most crucial are the confidence level of consumer's on the market. plus the negative news about crypto, the regulation issue had affected the performance of the crypto, all of this can be considered risk factor.
Nivelir

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 05:00:34 PM

The real risks are only that today, to a greater degree, people simply lose their money on the fact that they hope for cryptocurrencies, and as we understand cryptocurrencies, this is a high-risk market and you should evaluate the risks and accept them.
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 05:30:02 PM

I think the highest risk involved in crypto is hacking leading to loss of funds. For example, leaving your coins or tokens on exchanges and when the exchange is hacked, you lose funds. Another big risk is the fluctuating market, which may reduce the value of your holdings. Scam projects are also a big issue in crypto space.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
seggardinggins

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 06:15:27 PM

The real risks are only that today, to a greater degree, people simply lose their money on the fact that they hope for cryptocurrencies, and as we understand cryptocurrencies, this is a high-risk market and you should evaluate the risks and accept them.
yes,the risk in crypto is very large, but this is what makes crypto very profitable, therefore we must be able to minimize the risk by being careful when choosing coins or ICO and also always monitoring market movements and coins because any decline or increase can be our weapon for benefit from crypto.
ceipodfesttweez

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 06:27:23 PM

Need to sell a crypto now?
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 06:36:50 PM

The risks involved in cryptocurrencies is that,  you are not sure you are making profit or a loss. You will never know the coin you are investigating in will become successful or not.

HarrisonErnest

Activity: 188

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 06:43:53 PM

The most real risks of crypto is the competition each token faces against each other. IF your project, vision and white paper are better than your competitors' you'll win. Paragon is not the only cannabis coin, however its project is just so unique it is the best amongst all cannabis tokens.
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 06:45:37 PM

Great stuff. I read fluently. Bookmarked for detailed study. Well, about financial risks, I think they exist everywhere.

que91

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 06:46:31 PM

I also think the riskest thing is that anyone join this world without having any experience or knowledge about cryptocurrency then they'll easily fall into shitcoin or shit project then they'll lose their money Smiley. But it's not the only risky thing in this world.
e@symode

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 03:31:27 PM

The most important thing is that there is always a risk of losing your deposit. This is the most important thing that can happen to you, of course this is the final situation, there are still very small risks, but they still lead to this.
regexlove

Activity: 608

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 06:41:16 PM

The biggest risks are for people who do not know how to manage their deposits and manage risks, because the coins are now highly volatile and they will be like this for a very long time but the people who earn in the market have not decreased.
ckorbba

Activity: 672
Merit: 144

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 12:24:41 PM

I think there is one big crypto risk - volatility! Many people came on the market in January 2018 and invest their money in crypto and now their portfolio 90% reduced... Of course u can make money on crypto, but u have to spend all your time here..
I do not even know how to express my indignation. I can only bring an example of the fact that in my wallet the volume of certain coins should have been about $ 1,000 for the price of ico. But today there are only 60 dollars.
gulshan1

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 12:39:12 PM

Big volatility is the big risk in the crypto which scares the small investors to invest for earning. Due to this reason, thousands people don't like to crypto and keep away from this. But in future, these people will also invest in the crypto.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Idoe

Activity: 334

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 12:50:07 PM

One of the big risks of crypto is losing, so many people invest and at the wrong time then there is no patience and throw and leave crypto.
This unpreparedness is fatal and feels like a failure.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: