Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:40:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the Real Risks of Crypto?  (Read 22050 times)
centhiniz

Activity: 292
Merit: 10

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 11:03:23 PM

In any type of business, there's always risks and if you are smart enough, you know a way of minimize your risk.
Cryptocurrency can make someone a wealthy person if you follow the rules and you are patient enough, you are going to be successful at the end.
yes indeed the risk is always in all businesses including crypto, in my opinion the biggest risk in crypto is the large number of frauds that occur and we cannot report to the police because there is no legal guarantee from the government, everything can be overcome but if there is a loss, we must handle it ourselves

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dabenko

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 11:27:50 PM

The real risk of crypto currency is nothing far more than our ignorance.
What you already know is yours.
So most times, we fall victim, because we do not know.
Most times, those who make good it big, achieve that fit, because they know.
lutfi-hasan

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 11:43:47 PM

There is a huge risk in Crypto, one of which is a large loss due to a very rapid decline in prices so that when a beginner investor is advised to learn more about the Crypto world, because the risk is very big.
mcTether

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2019, 11:48:36 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2019, 12:15:38 AM by mcTether

What do you guys think are the real risks of cryptocurrencies and are there any ways of overcoming them? I've attached a good article below that covers a lot of the solutions to what people consider problematic at the moment, and it essentially says most of the risks are down to the user and not the technology (i.e. lack of education). Am interested to hear your opinions.

The interesting article: https://medium.com/@DDhopn/what-are-the-risks-of-buying-crypto-ff1c991a6c83

P.S. I am heavily involved in crypto, just keeping an open mind
The greatest or number one risk of cryptocurrency is the fact that it is unpredictable. That is the reason your portfolio can worth 5,00 USD today, and reduce drastically to 1,000 USD within 24hrs. So volatile.
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 11:55:14 PM

The most obvious risk is that you can lose your coins. Because crypto is not backed by law, lost coins or lost private keys cannot be returned. So always pay attention to the address before sending a coin.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 03:00:01 PM

There are many risks,  can steal all your savings, investments in cryptocurrency, you can lose everything if the project you invested in turns out to be a scam, a state ban can be, and much more, there are many risks.
The main thing to believe that none of this will happen

At the current period of time we see that Bitcoin is falling. Of course tha is pity thing. And it is difficult to say how long this fall will continue. I think it will last another two weeks at most. And then the growth will begin.
ArtemSergeevich

Activity: 243

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 03:22:14 PM

It will always be the user and not the technology. The lack of knowledge and understanding is really what drives the risks in any kind of industry. Let us have an anology: for instance you would want to learn how to drive a motorbike the risk of being in an accident is not to be blamed to the bike but rather your knowledge and experience on how to drive it.
I really liked your comparison. I agree that the cryptocurrency itself is not dangerous, dangerous our not meaningful action. I believe that there are many people who earn on cryptocurrency market and all others have to aspire to it.
Peacemaker1994

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 03:24:35 PM

My major risk I am very worried about in cryptocurrency is the rate of scam
Scam has gotten good grounds on cryptocurrency and this has made investors skeptical about cryptocurrency
Jannyh
Copper Member

Activity: 994
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2019, 03:46:44 PM

Every business have it's good and bad side, the positive and the negative, for crypto, the positive is so sweet, it can give you a very huge profit but what i consider as the real risk is the volatility in the crypto market.

kingpin4321

Merit: 14

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 04:09:10 PM

Cryptocurrency has various risks.
But one of my major risk and in a way is a good thing is that cryptocurrency is decentralized which means it is not under any regulations
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 04:12:15 PM

Cryptocurrency has various risks.
But one of my major risk and in a way is a good thing is that cryptocurrency is decentralized which means it is not under any regulations

From the fact that the cryptocurrency has no rules. There are more and more fraudsters. That calls to create more rules. So it's hard to say which path is better for cryptocurrency today.

mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2019, 04:15:05 PM

the tech side looks like a profit and excess. but indeed there are flaws in the user of such understanding was lacking basic mistakes causing and could eventually harm. the real risk that often occurs and also because of the factor of human resources or the individual itself.

MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 04:56:17 PM

In 2017 when everyone was crazy and wanted to buy every cryptocurrency and the price was not important because FOMO effect, we didn't listen expert advices that crypto is a bubble and we can lose a lot of money here. And that is the risk, that we loose money Wink.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
dolcefarniente

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 05:08:47 PM

Cryptography is a new side of our lives. Most do not even have a complete and clear idea of what it really is. People have heard that here you can earn a lot and quickly and they do not care that you can also lose everything quickly. Not wanting to do a detailed risk analysis is a major risk.
Wolfwar

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 06:29:14 PM

Cryptography is a new side of our lives. Most do not even have a complete and clear idea of what it really is. People have heard that here you can earn a lot and quickly and they do not care that you can also lose everything quickly. Not wanting to do a detailed risk analysis is a major risk.
If we analyze all the risks that a cryptocurrency carries for a simple user, yes, then we can surely say that the cryptocurrency will not be used among all of humanity. Cryptocurrency will remain currency in certain areas of human life. Not only risks, but also certain difficulties in the use of cryptocurrencies make it very inaccessible for most people.
dabenko

Merit: 11

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 10:41:13 PM

The team risk of cryptocurrency in my opinion, is attached more to pur inability to learn and gather good knowledge.
I would have said adequate knowledge, but no knowledge is adequate, except you feel you have known all and you need not to know again.
avarnet

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 10:48:06 PM

the risk must be accepted by the investors in my opinion the real risk that is obtained is only a loss of time and of course if we do not get a profit loss of capital we will also feel of course
Maady
Copper Member

Activity: 104

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 11:31:51 AM

The most obvious risk is that you can lose your coins. Because crypto is not backed by law, lost coins or lost private keys cannot be returned. So always pay attention to the address before sending a coin.

We can avoid this risk by taking simple precautions. don't share your private keys with anyone. keep them safe just like you keep your fiat. use trezor and paper wallet. don't put all your portfolio in exchanges.
LUGHUL

Activity: 387
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 12:29:16 PM

All businesses have risks, as well as cryptocurrency. In my view there are some risks in cryptocurrency. First the prices are very volatile, and secondly there is no clear regulation to regulate cryptocurrency.

▼ mindsync.ai ▼
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
△ Join now △
ttg43

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 01:06:01 PM

If the high prices do not come, no problem. I am a sensible person and why not say, who likes the risks. I know I can wake up one day and I lose all my money invested.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: