Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:17:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the Real Risks of Crypto?  (Read 22050 times)
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 01:06:42 PM

I think there is one big crypto risk - volatility! Many people came on the market in January 2018 and invest their money in crypto and now their portfolio 90% reduced... Of course u can make money on crypto, but u have to spend all your time here..
I do not even know how to express my indignation. I can only bring an example of the fact that in my wallet the volume of certain coins should have been about $ 1,000 for the price of ico. But today there are only 60 dollars.
Your example shows the current worst trend of crypto markets and I guess you are choosing cryptos and ICOs carefully for your investment. The risk while investing in cryptos always there but you must take time to do your own research and analysis so that you may not need to get panic in this down market. If the coins and ICOs you have invested are good for long term holding then you do not need to worry about.

Yes, with the long-term holding we can eliminate most of the real risk of cryptos. Because only in short-term, the total crypto market is looking down but by this time next year they must be having new peaks where most of the reputed cryptos will be trading around.  Risk management is not an easy science. But with respect to cryptos, we can easily eliminate most of the risks by simply choosing long-term prospects coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
evanescence

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 01:08:10 PM

What do you guys think are the real risks of cryptocurrencies and are there any ways of overcoming them? I've attached a good article below that covers a lot of the solutions to what people consider problematic at the moment, and it essentially says most of the risks are down to the user and not the technology (i.e. lack of education). Am interested to hear your opinions.

The interesting article: https://medium.com/@DDhopn/what-are-the-risks-of-buying-crypto-ff1c991a6c83

P.S. I am heavily involved in crypto, just keeping an open mind
these are not the risks of crypto, these are the risks of BUYING and HODLING crypto.
You can support crypto without owning any.
And considering that buying crypto is gambling, the risks should be pretty obvious even if you hadn't read the article.

gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 08:27:17 AM

I think the collapse of the market is not a risk, the only one is the threat from hackers who want to steal and also the issue of crypto legality from the government which is likely to be banned.
imToken

Activity: 392
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 09:05:38 AM

It will always be the user and not the technology. The lack of knowledge and understanding is really what drives the risks in any kind of industry. Let us have an anology: for instance you would want to learn how to drive a motorbike the risk of being in an accident is not to be blamed to the bike but rather your knowledge and experience on how to drive it.

Users can expose flaws in the technology but if the flaws aren't there in the first place then there's nothing for them to expose. The biggest risk for investors is always loss of capital, aside from that I don't really see any risks.
Yes, the technical flaw is that cryptocurrency is the most deadly, but the probability of this happening is almost zero. Especially if the main coin depreciates sharply in the event of a loophole, the probability is very small. Vulnerabilities in trading platforms are usually more likely to occur.

jimmymagz_071988
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 09:22:16 AM

You are not comppletely right here, remember that business itself is defined as a pool of of risk, and i think that even living on this earth is a risk in my opinion.No venture no success, if you enter into a business for instance, you either stand to gain or loss; and those that venture in cryptos, entered to make money but they can also experience lost. I think risk taking is generally a win or loose thing in every business.
elite070
Copper Member

Activity: 112

www.codex.one

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 09:36:28 AM

What do you guys think are the real risks of cryptocurrencies and are there any ways of overcoming them? I've attached a good article below that covers a lot of the solutions to what people consider problematic at the moment, and it essentially says most of the risks are down to the user and not the technology (i.e. lack of education). Am interested to hear your opinions.

The interesting article: https://medium.com/@DDhopn/what-are-the-risks-of-buying-crypto-ff1c991a6c83

P.S. I am heavily involved in crypto, just keeping an open mind

I think another real risk in cryptocurrency today is the exposure of anonymity by providing unnecessary KYC to different ICO's without really figuring out if it is legit or not. This might put our lives in risk.

wxganz

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 08:54:40 AM

Thank you for the good article. I agree with you. People make business! This principle also works in the cryptro
industry. WE are to blame for the fact that we can not imagine cryptocurrencies without speculative properties. We are to blame for the fact that we do not develop new properties of the blockchain. And we are to blame for the fact that less and less people believe in cryptocurrencies. Since we create ICO scam projects. Of course there are risks as in any business without risk is impossible.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
KOF97

Activity: 359

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 08:56:54 AM

I think the biggest risk of crypto comes from hackers. Almost all major exchanges have been attacked by hackers, which has led many to question the security of crypto.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
kiranarora

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 11:23:28 AM

There is no risk to be seen in crypto buiseness in right way. For this, work should be done in a smooth manner.
chakhigh

Activity: 616

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 02:05:33 PM

I think the real risks of cryptocurrencies are loss of one's investment when he doesn't know the good/bad project. Plus, I see high price volatility as something negative for short-term investors. But, it is no problem for a long-term holder. Mostly, there has to be a stable price solution for the volatility issue. Gigzi is one of the best solution, IMOP. It uses "tokenized precious metals" model to make its crypto-assets more stable in the long-run.

Stervyatnik

Activity: 249
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 01:17:40 PM

Cryptocurrency will always be subject to risks, and I am 100% sure that they are not always associated with people!
Goodvalony

Activity: 616
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:09:54 PM

loads of Risks are involved in the crypto business. just like every other financial business. there are ups and down. if you are not profiting, you will be loosing. in crypto, you need to do your own research before investing. try and seek out from your(financial adverser)if you have any. also try and reach out to professionals before investing.
the risk involves is that you will lose your money when you invest in scam project.
qomariah95

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:20:30 PM

A big risk in crypto is probably a loss, if you play in trading (buying and selling). Because if you are inconsistent or selfish, you might lose a lot of money. That is probably one of the risks in crypto. There are very many risks in actual crypto. But I explained just one.

sangalangdavid

Activity: 443

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:42:56 PM

There are many risks when it comes to crypto especially being scammed. If you are not careful and wise enough, your investment would be wasted or lost in a matter of few clicks.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:50:22 PM

A big risk in crypto is probably a loss, if you play in trading (buying and selling). Because if you are inconsistent or selfish, you might lose a lot of money. That is probably one of the risks in crypto. There are very many risks in actual crypto. But I explained just one.
On any investment then risk would be always there. As long you do risk up money just to earn money then its always been accompanied with risk even the simpliest decisions in life do require it.

There are many risks when it comes to crypto especially being scammed. If you are not careful and wise enough, your investment would be wasted or lost in a matter of few clicks.
Being scammed or hacked is always been the risk aside from losing money.So there are lots of things to be spot on if you do like yourself to lessen such loss.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
great.crypto.finansist

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 08:16:42 PM

In my opinion, the risk of crypto is that a bad impact can have just how long the period of instability and the fall of the crypto market will last. If the whole 2019 year is not interesting for investors, then we can lose the crypto.
KKH84

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 02:58:18 PM

One of the big risks of crypto is losing, so many people invest and at the wrong time then there is no patience and throw and leave crypto.
This unpreparedness is fatal and feels like a failure.

You're right, friend, the lack of experience in trading will have a bad effect, by looking for sources of information about crypto will provide vigilance to the state of the exchange from now, later and in the future.
NickoOrteras

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 03:21:18 PM

The cryptocurrency risk curve is its downfall because if the price drops in coins, especially the bitcoin will eventually lose the cryptocurrency and another is token holders and investors because if bitcoin hits them they are blunt.
delarossa

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

MINTER

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2018, 03:30:28 PM

People are too afraid of the high risks because they think that cryptocurrency is insecure and prone to crime. in fact they don't really know how crypto works and how the rules are. that is a reasonable reaction in my opinion.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
CryptoToxicAvenger

Activity: 644
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 03:33:08 PM

I think cryptocurrency has some risks, such as high volatility and unpredictability of the market. But in General, we have to think about our own actions. We must assess our own risks and be ready for anything. That is why it is necessary to invest in cryptocurrency only what is not terrible to lose.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: