Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:08:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the Real Risks of Crypto?  (Read 22050 times)
Matcuda

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 07:01:19 PM

It is obvious to everyone that the higher the potential earnings, the higher the risk, and in the cryptocurrency you can earn a lot, therefore you can also lose a lot

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeKingCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 07:04:00 PM

The risk in cryptocurrency and the benefit of cryptocurrency is 50/50, and in this case, we should have to be careful because of too much scam in cryptocurrency these days.
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 07:23:30 PM

The risk in cryptocurrency and the benefit of cryptocurrency is 50/50, and in this case, we should have to be careful because of too much scam in cryptocurrency these days.
I think that the risks are much more than the possibility of earning. And it's not just a scam or hackers. also not very predictable impact of the news

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
VPScreator

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 11:11:53 PM

In cryptocurrencies there are quite a lot of dangerous moments that are still relevant but perhaps they will be eliminated in the future.  I do not take for example the volatility of the market, the unstable situation with the ICO and a large number of scams in the ICO market and also not taking into account the fairly frequent wallet hacks and less often, but much more significant hacking exchanges.

trns.txt

Activity: 171
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 11:28:11 PM

The big risk of crypto is losing our money and being crazy.
So far, I think that some people lose their big amount of money as the capital and they are crazy because of it.
That is why, to avoid this condition, we must be more ready about involved in crypto, crypto is full of risk, but this is also promising. This is addictive. That is why we must be more careful and smarter here.
coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 11:49:00 PM

I also think that  lack of understanding the new technology is a big problem and the security issues which it brings.
Many people jump into crypto without any knowledge and getting disappointed when they are hacked or scammed.
That all could be prevented by some learning and protection.
Lexurdania

Activity: 840
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 12:37:37 AM

I think the real risk investing in cryptocurrency is regulation. If cryptocurrency market regulated by government, i am believe this market can growing more bigger. Regulation needed for investor trust and i am believe it will give big effect to market

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
Aragorn_125

Activity: 448

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 01:57:24 AM

I also think that  lack of understanding the new technology is a big problem and the security issues which it brings.
Many people jump into crypto without any knowledge and getting disappointed when they are hacked or scammed.
Naivety, laziness and greed are the main enemies of a novice investor, any sane person will first study everything and only then begin to invest, understanding the whole risk

Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:23:05 AM

Naivety, laziness and greed are the main enemies of a novice investor, any sane person will first study everything and only then begin to invest, understanding the whole risk
It is important to know everything first before you jumped in and place your money, lack of knowledge and not being bothered to look from both side of this industry always place investors at risk, needs to take time learning everything first and what is the reason to believe not just because someone said so, but witnessing the reality and focusing in such advantage will lead you to lesser stress investment.

People who knows how to deal properly with any market situations are people who invest wisely, they can always be calm whatever movements or trend is ongoing around, as they knew or anticipate that things needs to happen but the end result will still give them positive outcome.
rodney0404

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:28:26 AM

For me, the real risk of Crypto as a translator is the projects that did not pay or reward us, translation is a tough job especially if you're working in a ton of documents. We, translators are risking time and effort in an unknown reward.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:45:26 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2019, 03:01:56 AM by eaLiTy

there is no risk using crypto money as long as you don't convert all your life saving in to virtual money, must take this world as gambling, nothing is guaranted.
There are many risks involved when it comes to cryptocurrency, keeping your coins safe and secure is a big task and some silly mistakes can cost your entire wallet to be drained out without your knowledge and the volatility and selecting which coin to invest are all big risks as you never know what the future holds for majority of the coins, the top few coins will sustain a longer period, i would not take risk and invest into anything else other than bitcoin.

For me, the real risk of Crypto as a translator is the projects that did not pay or reward us, translation is a tough job especially if you're working in a ton of documents. We, translators are risking time and effort in an unknown reward.
Just look out for fake projects and scammers and you will get plenty of them here.
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 04:10:33 AM

The risk are scattered everywhere when people wants to invest to crypto, like the risk of scam coin, the risk of dropping the price and no chance to recover anymore and other says that the security of your coin is at risk. The word risk in crypto is too broad to elaborate but these are the basic risk that people can encounter.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 04:34:29 AM

I think the real risk investing in cryptocurrency is regulation. If cryptocurrency market regulated by government, i am believe this market can growing more bigger. Regulation needed for investor trust and i am believe it will give big effect to market
Regulation is not including on the risk that you will get in the crypto. volatility and scammer should become the main problems in here. Look at how many scumbags are using the name of crypto to steal the funds.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
jackflag

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

Glad to see you

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 07:18:33 AM

The risk are scattered everywhere when people wants to invest to crypto, like the risk of scam coin, the risk of dropping the price and no chance to recover anymore and other says that the security of your coin is at risk. The word risk in crypto is too broad to elaborate but these are the basic risk that people can encounter.

But all the same now there is much less risk than in 2018. When I bought Bitcoin for 10,000 dollars. I buy Bitcoin now too. And the price is satisfied.
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 07:42:06 AM

for me, the biggest risk in crypto currency is the risk of been bankrupt in a short period of time, like 10 minutes.
Crypto currency trading is a bigger risk but a wise investment if you can learn, and know how to do the right and proper things around the space
because in crypto currency, you can't follow speculation, but you must dyor always
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 07:44:02 AM

In every investment there’s always risk but cryptocurrency is different due to a lot of things are need to be consider and understand. Unlike traditional stocks and businesses, people involved in crypto should know what they’re doing or they should self educate themselves about the risk.
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 09:45:56 AM

Crypto is a double edged sword in investing world, it offers high profit and high risk, you can be millionaire in a few years or less than, or your investment can go red in just a few days, because crypto is volatile it's have a greater risk than investing on stock market.
sakuragi21

Activity: 286
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 10:20:23 AM

There are so many risk here in cryptocurrency the first one is for the investors because they dont know if there investment will succeed.also for bounty hunters because they work hard and then once the bounty campaign didn't succeed they won't be payed. but the real risk for cryptocurrency is the dumped of the price of altcoins and btc.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 10:27:25 AM

It will always be the user and not the technology. The lack of knowledge and understanding is really what drives the risks in any kind of industry. Let us have an anology: for instance you would want to learn how to drive a motorbike the risk of being in an accident is not to be blamed to the bike but rather your knowledge and experience on how to drive it.

I agree. I mean, many people think that since the cryptocurrency market is inclined with the use of technology, that it's easy to master, and that losses can be kept at a minimum. But, that is a great misconception that cost people so much, since they are not really giving much thought on the actions and ventures they do in the market. This market, I can say, is a silent killer, wherein it does follow that when you're tech savvy that you would immediately have the upper hand ensure success in the market. The thing about the market is that it can really turn at any moment, and the investments one made can also go down south in an instant, so if you won't make it a point to be alert and equip yourself with the knowledge and weapons you need, you would sure experience loss after loss.
moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 11:26:20 AM

the most obvious risk is the loss of the trade that you do or lose the assets that you store in your Wallet.
of some of the risks that some people including me have experienced some of these risks.
I have also lost the assets that I have and losses from the trade that I did.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: