Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:31:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for someone to create/modify software for this forum [5500+ BTC]  (Read 165567 times)
Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 07:02:41 PM

Quote from: Icoin on July 18, 2012, 09:37:58 AM
BTW
The Bitcoin Development Team allready use REDMINE
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=80019.0
why the guys have to pay for a service at bettermeans.com when they could have the same tools on bitcointalk avalable for free?
Not to discourage you or anything, but the development actually uses GitHub's issue tracker. The thread you linked is for the testing project.

You are right.Thanks for correcting me.
I suggest this plugin:
Github Hook Allow your Redmine installation to be notified when changes have been pushed to a Github repository.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 02:43:15 AM

Quote from: Icoin on July 18, 2012, 09:37:58 AM
BTW
The Bitcoin Development Team allready use REDMINE
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=80019.0
why the guys have to pay for a service at bettermeans.com when they could have the same tools on bitcointalk avalable for free?
Not to discourage you or anything, but the development actually uses GitHub's issue tracker. The thread you linked is for the testing project.

You are right.Thanks for correcting me.
I suggest this plugin:
Github Hook Allow your Redmine installation to be notified when changes have been pushed to a Github repository.

I still don't really understand what Redmine has to do with a forum reimplementation. Do you mean to manage the development process?
Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 03:21:19 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2012, 11:34:06 AM by Icoin

I still don't really understand what Redmine has to do with a forum reimplementation. Do you mean to manage the development process?

Not only manage the development process. Yes that would be one of the possible functions, but allso to provide a real platform - A Hub for comunication, education and development around cryptocurrency. There are many project at the moment what use bitcointalk as there main info and comunication side, but they have only limited options since this is a smf based forum.

In fact bitcointalk, as i understand it, works basicaly as a information-, comunication-, education- and development-hub between all the various projects and efforts around cryptocurency. The forum is allready now structured and this structure is portable. To see redmine as a pure replacement for a forum is the wrong viewpoint. It is more like an basic framework that allows to be extended with functions and tools theymos demanded on the inital post in this thread and would open up a whole new perspective of possibilities for this comunity.

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 03:42:31 AM

Not only manage the development process. Yes that would be one of the possible functions, but allso to provide a real platform - A Hub for comunication, education and development around cryptocurrency.
I setup BitGit to track all the various git repos relating to Bitcoin, originally planning to expand it to a bug tracker - but never really found one I liked (nor really have the time to manage it). Launchpad seems ideal (it would even let you express that a bug affects numerous projects), but it only supports Bazaar Sad

mr_gant

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 07:43:45 AM

PMed.
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 04:13:25 AM

I updated the specification:
- Added "Overview of problems with SMF".
- Certain languages are only preferred, not required.
- Using a database abstraction layer is allowed, but not preferred.
- Link to final hashing scheme.
- Added tags as a required feature.
- Added drafts as a required feature.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
live627

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 05:02:36 AM

I'll update my bid soon.
mr_gant

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 11:10:46 PM

After looking more closely at the mess that is SMF 2, I'm leaning towards something like http://vanillaforums.org/ as a better option. Architecture is significantly better, for one, which is especially important given the amount of customisation this project would require.
M4v3R

Activity: 607

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 07:11:59 AM

If the bid process is still open, I would like to enter. Why you should choose my bid?

- I have 10 years of web development experience (been coding back in PHP 4.0 days). In this time I have sucessfully done many small and big projects, from complete solutions for translating software (uTorrent Translation System), whole websites (Xilfee.eu - a website for language tutors and students, with quite big student/host database and many user features) and Bitcoin related projects (BitMarket.eu). I'm a code purist, I care much not only if my code works, but also, if it's readable, reusable and simple to read (KISS and DRY);
- I'm very familiar with HTML/CSS for templating (doing CSS design even back then, when tables were kings), Javascript (used XMLHttpRequest way before Ajax term was coined by Garrett in 2005; now I'm very familiar with libraries like MooTools and jQuery), and PHP (writing PHP5 code, because it's OO model and functions give you much flexibility and actually enhance code readibility);
- I don't work alone. I think it's safe to assume that if you put the bid in the hands of one person, the project will most likely fail. Forums software is a big project, and one person alone is not enough to deliver quality product. I work with at least two more people - designer and HTML/CSS coder, which speeds up the work a lot.
- I'm a member of this community since the beginning. You can check my history to see if I'm trustworthy Smiley.

Because I work in a team, 3000 BTC for this project seems reasonable. This would be done over the course of 2-3 months, plus few weeks for testing and bugfixing. Should you have any more questions, please ask here or send me a PM.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 08:17:23 AM

I would like to say that anyone  who is going to completely write a forum project out of thin air is most probably gonna finish bad. We could all do that. But why to reinvent the wheel? Just to meet with common problems that had already been solved over and over by people more experienced than us?

There are several forum projects that could be easly expanded to meet the admin requests for this forum. These are, in my mind and in order of preference:

#1 XenForo: light and with a minimal set of state of the art features. It would be my bet in case i would do this project.
#2 Vanilla Forum: even lighter. It's anyhow missing some of the features that are really useful on xenforo, such as user notifications FB-style.
#3 IPB: heavy but not for this slow. Well coded and solid like a rock. It has an amazing feature set, it's the only one who could compete with vBulletin on this level.

So this is my bid:
# 500-1000 bitcoins. I would like to have a fair reward for this, but i don't want it to be at a fixed rate. If the community will be happy with my work they will better compensate it. The other way around too. Also, i don't want to work for nothing. As far as i know it's possible that when i will receive that amount the exchange rate will be 1B=0.1€. That would be unfair for people putting such an effort on this.
# I would use XenForo and expand it on the missing features. That's all. You can look at XenForo to see what you are missing as of now on this old board.
# I will provide link to websites i coded privately
# I will work part time on this, sending the code i wrote weekly to the admin of the board. It could take 3 to 6 months at the speed i work. I'm not a full time developer, nor it's the thing i love more from life. I would do this project only to help the Bitcoin project, whom i have belief in.
# English is not my mother language. I'm italian, and i'm really poor on spoken english. Take that into account.

This is my first post as non-Newbie, so Hello Everyone!

Regards.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 04:24:14 PM

This thread is quite comic after all this time.

It should be clear to anyone that the admin is not willed to proceed in the next future, and i still keep losing time on checking this looking for a feedback.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
mr_gant

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 04:41:19 AM

This thread is quite comic after all this time.

It should be clear to anyone that the admin is not willed to proceed in the next future, and i still keep losing time on checking this looking for a feedback.

+1. I agree that it's reasonable to expect feedback.
live627

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 04:46:12 AM

theymos is away this weekend, FYI.
VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 04:07:03 PM

I bid that I will take IP.board and change it according to your needs for 500 BTC, It's a great board with lots of possibilities and I have several years of knowledge and work with it. I suggest that's the best and cheapest approach for you. If the admin is interested I will provide more info.
1nject0r

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 09:15:35 AM

You need vbulletin ? or what but i suggest admin dont give contract to anyone instead of big company two reason

maybe they can put malicious code or backdoored

if u need to build forum contact cyber dept of paKistan or tell me i will give u info

two reason to choose govt agency

1) they will always monitor your forum
2) if any hacker tries to exploit site they will blocked access
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 09:18:05 AM

You need vbulletin ? or what but i suggest admin dont give contract to anyone instead of big company two reason

if u need to build forum contact cyber dept of paKistan or tell me i will give u info

No thanks.

1nject0r

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 09:19:59 AM

No thanks.

am i talking with you ?
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 09:21:24 AM

No thanks.

am i talking with you ?

No one will use a forum created by a government agency. Sorry.

1nject0r

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 09:29:14 AM

No one will use a forum created by a government agency. Sorry.

You right but everyone knows the reason behind the hacking how many forum were hacked in past

Bitcoin is gonna be biggest company so they should secure themselves by using secure things instead of using SMF >> MYBB >> VBULLETIN >> PHPBB >> VANILLA >> FUD FORUM >> USEBB OR XENFORO

every forum has its own vulnerability bitcoin team need security not h4xing
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 12:47:14 PM

It's a forum.... Smiley not your online bank...

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀