Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:16:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 242 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][THC] The Hempcoin (THC)  (Read 388968 times)
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 05:06:00 PM

hahahaha still not fixed wallet??? What is the excuse now??? Tongue this is a joke Undecided

POW/POS are the most complicated coins to program. I think thats the excuse. lol

Yeah but there's got to be other working sources out there that could be used to help fix the problem.
It's been a very long time since POS broke with no clear signs of progress. It's too bad but there doesn't seem to be a real future for THC Sad

Lemons: Is there anything you can show us? Seems like Tim/OP is completely gone.

Not sure if you are blind but the future for THC looks great. Do you see what fartbags has been posting? Personally I am happy POS isn't working. POS is garbage, for rich people who want to get richer. Not cool.

Anyway, thanks for ruining my THC accumulation at 20 sats whoever you are!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 05:20:28 PM

News:

I'm talking with CDT Cassubian DETK. They have located a hemp farmer in Poland for me. We are looking at options for getting $5,000 USD to produce a shipment to Canada of a 1% THC Hemp Vodka with a hemp stalk instead the bottle.

@Joint Force is going to run a Crypto X for this once he is finished with that stuff.

20 BTC -> Ethereum (If it ever gets released) -> Crypto X -> THC Hemp Coin

We have come up with a pretty nice idea to convert BTC to other cryptocoins without using bittrex while also providing jobs for people!

Looking forward to this!  Grin

Fartbags, has been on the cutting edge of cool stuff!

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 05:24:14 PM

I invite you all to join the weed + crypto discussion and vote here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1004621.0
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:28:54 PM

I invite you all to join the weed + crypto discussion and vote here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1004621.0

THC The Hempcoin is the best! DUH! LOL

bocyaj

Activity: 1325
Merit: 302

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:46:29 PM

and things start looking up for hempcoin again, liking the good news.

unfortunately, i don't have any good news yet for the pool. :-( I have not had much chance to work on recovering it lately. 

Was quite disappointed to see that it seems the SSD ( brand new, i might add ) for the server seems to have died....sigh.  still going to try and see if I can grab anything off it, ideally I would like to get the MPOS config files as I spent a lot of time on them, as well as get into the DB to see exactly how many coins I owe everyone.  Rest assured, everyone will get their coins.... if I cant get the DB, you will most likely get more than you had. :-)

hate to put a downer on the good news... but felt obliged to send out an update ( or lack there of) on how the pool recovery is going.

if it helps, i can put together a solo-mining tutorial if people would find it useful.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
Play now

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:54:51 PM

Why aren't there more pools for THC? It seems so weird.

Is it as simple as messaging OCminer and getting it on suprnova.cc?

Maybe it is that easy... Can every message him and ask for a THC pool. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=43526

If there is only 1 pool. That pool would mine all the THC. The pool would take their 2% and be really happy.

Msg ocminer and ask for a pool. Tell him that his pool would make him a lot of THC.

bocyaj

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:21:10 PM

great idea and message sent.

rest assured this will not delay the recovery of the hempfield pool.  I have always wanted to have more than one pool for Hempcoin.  If anything this has encouraged me to get moving on it. 

Hoping to have some time this weekend to get cracking on it.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
DEPOSIT
BONUS

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
Play now

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Joint Force

Activity: 804
Merit: 500

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 08:31:01 PM

rest assured this will not delay the recovery of the hempfield pool.  I have always wanted to have more than one pool for Hempcoin.  If anything this has encouraged me to get moving on it.  

It's hard to maintain these cryptocoin wallet and server things when its not a full time job. As you can see with hemp.cash and hempchain.info, both of them break sometimes and need to be fixed too.

I hope you can get warranty on replacing your SSD after you recover the files on it.

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:34:49 PM

rest assured this will not delay the recovery of the hempfield pool.  I have always wanted to have more than one pool for Hempcoin.  If anything this has encouraged me to get moving on it.  

It's hard to maintain these cryptocoin wallet and server things when its not a full time job. As you can see with hemp.cash and hempchain.info, both of them break sometimes and need to be fixed too.

I hope you can get warranty on replacing your SSD after you recover the files on it.

Yeah its true! hemp.cash hot wallet breaks lots because the wallet.dat file gets too big... I think that is why it breaks

@bocyaj, Do you know how to reduce the wallet.dat files size. Like remove all the transactions stored in it? Or like do something magical to it?

When hemp.cash went viral in Indonesia, the wallet became 25MB in 18 hours and crashed hempcoind. hempcoind could not start again with that wallet.dat file.

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:40:51 PM

With a pool solving so many blocks and sending out payments every 10 minutes or so, the wallet.dat file must get big really fast.

Joint Force

Activity: 804

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 08:54:56 PM

News:

I'm talking with CDT Cassubian DETK. They have located a hemp farmer in Poland for me. We are looking at options for getting $5,000 USD to produce a shipment to Canada of a 1% THC Hemp Vodka with a hemp stalk instead the bottle.

@Joint Force is going to run a Crypto X for this once he is finished with that stuff.

20 BTC -> Ethereum (If it ever gets released) -> Crypto X -> THC Hemp Coin

We have come up with a pretty nice idea to convert BTC to other cryptocoins without using bittrex while also providing jobs for people!

Looking forward to this!  Grin

Fartbags, has been on the cutting edge of cool stuff!

I'm trying to build a system for allowing people to run "DAOs". My main goal is to create crypto jobs. It looks possible right now.

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 10:12:07 AM

Hey guys,

thanks for your kind PM's, I've added a pool for you:

https://thc.suprnova.cc

Happy mining !

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 06:22:40 PM

Hey guys,

thanks for your kind PM's, I've added a pool for you:

https://thc.suprnova.cc

Happy mining !

Thanks! You are by far the best pool operator in the world.

I'm hoping for big things after 420. It would be nice to see a few pools, fixed POS and a bigger community soon!

bocyaj

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 06:39:13 PM

awesome ! That was quick.

definitely a top notch pool operator ocminer.

thanks !

PM me your thc address and ill send you a thank you gift.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
DEPOSIT
BONUS

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
Play now

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
blakeaholics

Activity: 312

Graphic Designer & Programmer

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 07:30:10 PM

hahahaha still not fixed wallet??? What is the excuse now??? Tongue this is a joke Undecided

POW/POS are the most complicated coins to program. I think thats the excuse. lol

Yeah but there's got to be other working sources out there that could be used to help fix the problem.
It's been a very long time since POS broke with no clear signs of progress. It's too bad but there doesn't seem to be a real future for THC Sad

Lemons: Is there anything you can show us? Seems like Tim/OP is completely gone.

Not sure if you are blind but the future for THC looks great. Do you see what fartbags has been posting? Personally I am happy POS isn't working. POS is garbage, for rich people who want to get richer. Not cool.

I'm not denying that what fartbags has been doing is great and I applaud him, and everyone else who has kept THC going for so long, but without an active dev/OP where do we go?

It doesn't matter if POS is good or not, what matters is we seem to be lacking an active developer and/or someone spearheading the project. There either needs to be a takeover or get Lemons and Tim back on board.

Also how is POS garbage? Its not like THC has a crazy high POS rate and its probably better on the environment than POW. It makes sense at this point in the game to at least offer it alongside POW.

Either way there needs to be people somewhat in charge of the coin to keep things going.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 09:30:10 PM

I'm not denying that what fartbags has been doing is great and I applaud him, and everyone else who has kept THC going for so long, but without an active dev/OP where do we go?

It doesn't matter if POS is good or not, what matters is we seem to be lacking an active developer and/or someone spearheading the project. There either needs to be a takeover or get Lemons and Tim back on board.

Also how is POS garbage? Its not like THC has a crazy high POS rate and its probably better on the environment than POW. It makes sense at this point in the game to at least offer it alongside POW.

Either way there needs to be people somewhat in charge of the coin to keep things going.

I agree POS would be good. It would save coins and extend the POW mining phase.

I still believe there is going to be an massive pump on BTC or another coin will blast off and catch BTC. Once that happens there will be so much attention on crypto and so many new devs come on the scene looking to get in on good cryptocoins.

BTW... if there is ever a serious problem and the community wants to switch things up, I still think this transparent coin swap with forward compatible wallets would work like a charm:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=880220.0

I'm sure the community could come up with a bounty and some dev could have a completely different coin code base set up ready to switch over to.

AFAIK, @with the lemons! is still working on the the code to fix POS. It is March Madness, exams will be over soon. There will be lots of time for all the university students to start working on coins.

with the lemons!

Activity: 589

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 12:02:02 AM

I still believe there is going to be an massive pump on BTC or another coin will blast off and catch BTC. Once that happens there will be so much attention on crypto and so many new devs come on the scene looking to get in on good cryptocoins.

BTW... if there is ever a serious problem and the community wants to switch things up, I still think this transparent coin swap with forward compatible wallets would work like a charm:

I'm sure the community could come up with a bounty and some dev could have a completely different coin code base set up ready to switch over to.

AFAIK, @with the lemons! is still working on the the code to fix POS. It is March Madness, exams will be over soon. There will be lots of time for all the university students to start working on coins.

To share some development news:
I tried using Orbitcoin as base. However, it turned out to be really slow and buggy. It's really hard to find coin with good code.
Does someone know good Scrypt POS coin which is fast and not buggy?
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 09:22:47 PM

To share some development news:
I tried using Orbitcoin as base. However, it turned out to be really slow and buggy. It's really hard to find coin with good code.

I started a topic to find the best PoW+PoS coin. NobleCoin looks impressive:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1006633.msg10923906#msg10923906

I didn't specify scrypt. I was hoping one of the choices listed would have scrypt PoS.

groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 10:55:50 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2015, 01:39:27 AM by groggin

BCC/BTCTALK/TALK whatever, bitcointalkcoin is PoS and works excellently when the bockchain is moving, which is not all the time these days.  is scrypt and was mined for a month or 3

CASH? not much experience with it but seems ok.

ECCoin? seems to stake fine  <good dev, might be helpful

GHC - ghostcoin same as last two above. note it is not the more recently released GHOST

HBN - hobonickels  <  'nother good dev

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:00:57 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2015, 11:15:51 PM by groggin

maybe we should change the ticker to HEMP. every time i see THC in the news they get the ticker wrong.

it is listed on comkort (voting list) as 420. i created a ticket about that months ago (and refreshed it a week or so ago) but there it is
-edit- i got that wrong they had it: THC Cannabiscoin ... oh well

we were in the news today - is this as huge as i think?

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-enthusiasts-invited-join-decentralized-anonymous-state/

and it points to this

http://www.otcmarkets.com/edgar/GetFilingHtml?FilingID=10396341

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 242 »
  Print  

Jump to: