Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:21:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Lesson from bear market  (Read 23420 times)
Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:54:18 PM

I don't think there is any worse thing can be happened anymore Smiley. ETH and BTC price at the moment are very low and I don't think they'll be able to fall anymore. At the moment, I think we no need to worry too much about bear market anymore, we just need to be patient and wait till bullrun happen Smiley

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fayoling

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:58:41 PM

The lesson was very harsh, but showed that there is no need to be greedy and expect perpetual growth, you need to be able to take profits on time

halisakal

Activity: 625
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:59:39 PM

BE PREPARED FOR THE WORST: In this bear market,I have learnt that the worst could happen,so we should always prepare for the worst.Many have lost up to 80% of their portfolio to this bear market because they are not expecting the worst to happen,unfortunately,they are caught up in it.If they had prepare for the worst,they could have done something about their portfolio at the beginning of the bear market.
DECISION BASED ON PAST EXPERIENCE MAY NEVER BE THE RIGHT ONE:It may be risky to base your decision on assumption.At the beginning of this bear market,there was a lot of assumption,many so sure that before we close our eyes and open,bull run will be here.Nobody ever expect the bear market to be this long,so, many decision made base on this assumptions as lead to frustration today.
In crypto,today you are up and tomorrow you are down.
To those caught up in it,you can only hope for the best,don’t give up.

hello! i think you made an essential list, i like the part about past experience. A controversial point but if we look deeper, it holds the truth no doubt. it is the same as in real life. thank you!
felissss500@gmail.com

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:06:26 PM

anyway, most people that did not have experience in trading - now have an idea about the behavior of prices in a bear market.
and once again I am convinced that the forecasts give absolutely no guarantees, no one expected such a prolonged fall

mehmet312

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:08:27 PM

We learned much things from this long bear market, first of all we must not do hodl everytime, there is a lot of person who are doing just hodl and losing big money because of this, if we understand something will be bad, we mustn't wait and sell without fear, we are just thinking everything will increase but dont think like this anytime and sell if it should be done.
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:35:16 AM

It is important to be conscious that in crypto anything could happen so we don't get caught up in it.Crypto is full of up and down.
Every market is full of ups and down and there is nothing anyone can do about it. It happens to stock markets and any other market you can think of, so I do not see how cryptocurrency market should be an exception and the fact that it is decentralized even makes it more volatile.

The most important thing is to know how you can handle yourself with the market trends, and even if you cannot, try as much as possible to keep your focus on the long term no matter what. However, it is not a bad idea, to learn one or few things about how to trade long term markets and take advantage of the trends.
daicavung

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 08:54:17 AM

anyway, most people that did not have experience in trading - now have an idea about the behavior of prices in a bear market.
and once again I am convinced that the forecasts give absolutely no guarantees, no one expected such a prolonged fall
No one wants the bear market as long as it is, and now everyone is trying to be patient and waiting for the market to recover, so I'm also trying to be patient, I just hold ETH and I Expect a lot on this coin at the end of 2018, eth prices may reach $ 1000

CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 09:17:01 AM

One of the best lessons was never to trade btc against alts and back to btc, always to save profits in fiat, In bear market, was learnt that most lows eventually becomes the next high and for every market that leaves its previous support, should just be sold in loss and prepare for another entry. Holding was never rewarding.

dutechman

Activity: 199

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:57:44 AM

The bearish market taught me that:
(1) crypto like any other market curve is not always linear, it's a wave. Meaning that, there are time when market will smile at you and there are time when it will frown at you. When you are gaining from the bull market, always remember it can be forever, so prepare all the time any form the market might take

(2) life is not like bed of roses, there are ups and downs in life, when you are faced with any of these sides, just know that it's not going to be permanent. Have a right attitude towards and re-strategize.

2017 crypto market and that of 2018 are unparalleled lessons all must learn from.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
matico

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:05:01 AM

There are many lesson learnt from 2018 cryptocurrency bearsh market. The important lesson i have learnt so far is to never trust what people say but what people do. The whole speculation about bitcoin rising up to $50000 was false and misleafing. I have been burnt, but I have learnt my lessons!

iTradeBit

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:22:24 AM

You are right. Thanks.
wojteks102

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:33:54 AM

Biggest lesson from the last bear market for many people is that Bitcoin is still the king of cryptocurrencies and even if you are optymistic about altcoins, you need to have at least 1/3 of your crypto portfolio in BTC  Cool
john_nautica

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:39:14 AM

BE PREPARED FOR THE WORST: In this bear market,I have learnt that the worst could happen,so we should always prepare for the worst.Many have lost up to 80% of their portfolio to this bear market because they are not expecting the worst to happen,unfortunately,they are caught up in it.If they had prepare for the worst,they could have done something about their portfolio at the beginning of the bear market.
DECISION BASED ON PAST EXPERIENCE MAY NEVER BE THE RIGHT ONE:It may be risky to base your decision on assumption.At the beginning of this bear market,there was a lot of assumption,many so sure that before we close our eyes and open,bull run will be here.Nobody ever expect the bear market to be this long,so, many decision made base on this assumptions as lead to frustration today.

sometimes the worst markets now make people tend to be frustrated, this can be used as a moment to stay in control and maybe buy when the position is low. for coin owners who have been trapped into a low position I suggest that they never give up and focus on getting profit

nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:43:24 AM

I am sad to think about the reality versus expectation, imagination versus reality. It is easier to say be prepared while the problem is not at the present. But when we are in actual situation our preparation to handle the problems was gone because of worry and the effect of panic. We became aggressive to sell the tokens than to hold and wait for more good things to come. Never give up is a form of hope than being hopeless.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 07:57:28 AM

Every market is full of ups and down and there is nothing anyone can do about it. It happens to stock markets and any other market you can think of, so I do not see how cryptocurrency market should be an exception and the fact that it is decentralized even makes it more volatile.
Yeah, and that is one thing we need to always realize and know that in most cases, we just have to either know how to adjust with the trends based on our decisions, or at least try as much as possible to be patient enough to wait and be focused on the future. Bear trend will always be a thing in every market, and it is not something that has to do with only the cryptocurrency market alone, so in every case, it is either you know how to trade, to be able to take advantage of it, or understand it is a normal thing but what is important is to concentrate on what the future holds.

There are many lesson learnt from 2018 cryptocurrency bearsh market. The important lesson i have learnt so far is to never trust what people say but what people do. The whole speculation about bitcoin rising up to $50000 was false and misleafing. I have been burnt, but I have learnt my lessons!
The main lesson anyone should be learning when it comes to bear market is that there is no cause for alarm and it is a normal thing for the market to experience every now and then, depending on the previous condition that led to it in the first place.  We also have to understand for most people who keep saying it has taught them not to HODL for too long, to also realize that when you are trading the market without knowledge because you want to take advantage of the fluctuation, you are setting yourself into more trouble of losing even more than you can imagine.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
nezzard

Activity: 434
Merit: 100