Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:01:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will SEC approve BITCOIN ETF ?  (Read 22421 times)
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:01:35 PM

i dont think so, until right now the bitcoin is not give any good news for the user and the people that know about bitcoin, legality of bitcoin are ambigous in some country.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cc80aa

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:36:49 PM

we hope so, it is the time to regulate bitcoin to be legitimate and noone is hesitating it. ones bitcoin etf is approve have a big impact in the bitcoin community not only have advantages but disadvantages as will. lets wait the final decision the application.
vgk88

Activity: 728
Merit: 130

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:48:55 PM

I think that this year the SEC will not approve of ETF. My opinion is that the need for ETF is greatly exaggerated. I think that now it is much more important to popularize the blockchain among the population of the planet and to adopt the correct laws.
shadyrifles

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:09:10 PM

I am sure the approval of Bitcoin ETF by SEC will bring the crypto market to that position where the whole cryptocurrency world will be back on the right track. This would be interesting to see the decision by SEC.
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 04:15:40 PM

Bitcoin Exchange Traded Funds is not the only factor that cause a bull run in cryptocurreny market but other things such as the way investors sees bitcoins as an investment asset or how government and legal authorities reacts to bitcoins.
LastHope99

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:30:40 AM

SEC will approve anything related to btc, but only if it's financially reasonable for SEC. So it's possible in 2019, but hardly until crypto bottoms in.
Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:03:15 PM

Approving Bitcoin ETF may take longer time than expected because Bitcoin and other major altcoins still have high volatility and the they speculative according to the SEC. 

TheLoser

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:05:06 PM

I think the SEC will not approve the ETF in 2019, until Bitcoin becomes a widely popular cryptocurrency in the whole world and does not find its use in financial state structures.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:19:21 PM

Smiley Smiley Smiley
If Sec accept Bitcoin ETF , we can expect the huge bull run for the market .
What do you think ? Will Sec accept bitcoin ETF ?
Theres no acceptance that will happen so expect nothing about ETF

If the sec will accept this cryptocurrency they should have done this long time ago

For how many times did we lose this opportunities or maybe not,instead this has been planned to just let us expect but the truth is theres nothing for us..just a blind tomorrow for acceptance of this damn ETF so lets not become another victim of expectations
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:26:23 PM

no, SEC will most probably reject this ETF and any new ETF in the near future for about a year or two and will not change their stance against bitcoin and its ETFs anytime soon.

and no even if they approve this ETF there will not be any "big" bull runs because you can not change the trend with a simple news. what you can do is that the news can speed up the process. for example now we are in a fixed trend of accumulation then soon after a small rise followed by testing of resistance. and then we have bull run if the resistance is broken.
what positive news can do at this point is that it can speed up the accumulation to reach its end and the "small" rise to begin.

Yeah, I can see your point and I agree with that. ETF is just another one of those news that people hype. Even if it gets approved, nothing will really change. Bitcoin is still in development mode where people might not accept it, not to mention what happened last year which gives a bad look at Bitcoin.
dewildance

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:57:56 PM

This year? I don't think so! It's not going to happen any year. There might be something next year. I think SEC is waiting for something.
lalabotax

Activity: 1526
Merit: 132

BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:06:51 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2021, 01:42:58 PM by lalabotax

-snip-

and I agree with you, but every possibility can happen instead.
and until now we always discuss for the SEC and do not have clear certainty even the official decision. and this will not have a major impact because when a day of growth occurs on the market, the SEC will not have a control over its decision

H1N1

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:29:05 AM

Smiley Smiley Smiley

We cannot depend on the SEC decision to hoping the bull market in this year. Just hope many peoples come to cryptocurrency so it will create more public awareness about cryptocurrency. The bull market will come if there are many peoples join crypto, without hoping the approval of SEC about bitcoin ETF.

adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:55:20 AM

How many times we have heard that the SEC already denied those proposals?

I guess its time to move on and don't put the attention to it as it will bring a bull run in the market. There's more other better way to see the market on bull again.

like what?

Is almost everyday I always heard about SEC SEC and SEC again from the news, BTT discussion, or telegram group chat. SEC is shit, I tired hoping Bitcoin ETF will be approved by SEC...
Why we should depending on SEC and this f*cking ETF. Bitcoin before dealing with SEC everything is fine, many big investors and big company interested in Bitcoin...

After Bitcoin dealing with SEC, FUD always coming and makes many new investors leaves and forget about Bitcoin. That's why Price of Bitcoin keep dropping...
th3nolo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 669

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 11:22:16 PM

Smiley Smiley Smiley

I don't think we gonna get an ETF of bitcoin accepted anytime soon, even the SEC doesn't know what to say about bitcoin ETF and they're trying to extend.

Just check this..
https://coinidol.com/final-bitcoin-etf-decision/

▄██▄
   ▄██▄      ▀█▀▀     ▄██▄
   ▀██▀▄  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▐███▀
       ███████████████
      ████████▀▄▄▄▀████
 ▄▄  ▐███▀▄▀██▄▀▀▀▄█████  ▄▄
████▀█████▄███▀▀█████ ██▀████
 ▀▀  ▐███▄███ ██ ████ █▌  ▀▀
      ▀████▄██▄▄███▀▄█▀
    ▄▄ █▀██████▀▄▄▄█▀█ ▄▄
   ████▀   ▀▀▀█▀▀▀   ▐████
    ▀▀       ▄██▄      ▀▀
             ▀██▀
⟩ ⟩ ⟩             ▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █▄
 █           ▀▀▀  █
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄
█ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀█ █
█ █ █       █    █ ▄
█ █ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    █ █
█ █ ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄ █ █
█ █ █   █  ██  █ █ █
█ █ ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ █ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
⟩ ⟩ ⟩       ▄████▄  ▄████▄
      ████████████████
      ████████████████
       ██████████████
        ▀██████████▀
██        ▀██████▀        ██
██▌   ▄            ▄   ▐██
███  ███▄          ▄███  ███
▀███▄ ▀███▄      ▄███▀ ▄███▀
  ▀████████      ████████▀
     ▀████▀      ▀████▀
     ▄   ▄▄      ▄▄   ▄
     ▀█████      █████▀
kateycoin

Activity: 882
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 11:43:42 PM

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Well as we can see there's no news about ETF approval so maybe next year we will know the result. ETF is big help to make bitcoin price move up it will give impact to people and to crypto market. Calm and just be patience.

███    TWITTER      MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Maestro75

Activity: 1932
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 02:56:34 AM

no, SEC will most probably reject this ETF and any new ETF in the near future for about a year or two and will not change their stance against bitcoin and its ETFs anytime soon.

and no even if they approve this ETF there will not be any "big" bull runs because you can not change the trend with a simple news. what you can do is that the news can speed up the process. for example now we are in a fixed trend of accumulation then soon after a small rise followed by testing of resistance. and then we have bull run if the resistance is broken.
what positive news can do at this point is that it can speed up the accumulation to reach its end and the "small" rise to begin.
I do not get your point. Are you saying if the bitcoin ETF is accepted that it would not skyrocket the price of bitcoin? I do not believe you! What moves the market is NEWS. And that  ETF will be a great news whenever it happens. It will push price out of reach like the gold ETF did years ago.
jcmansah7

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:05:13 AM

Well i can't really say for sure but from the current updates that are popping up in the crypto comunity and the approvals that are coming from different countries across the world there is hope that SEC will approve of this so let's keep fingers crossed and hope for the best someday.

jeromix
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

Ako Bayot!

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:06:53 AM

i dont think so, until right now the bitcoin is not give any good news for the user and the people that know about bitcoin, legality of bitcoin are ambigous in some country.
In fact China has imposed repeatedly strict regulations on cryptocurrency and that adds new which the China ban crypto airdrops for the reason that the Crypto Airdrops are for disguised ICO projects which the country do not like the ICO based projects results that more of it are scam. If this only ICO projects will be controlled and monitor then probably it will be lesser on having a scam activities. This should bitcoin will look after for all the projects are under bitcoin organization. Should bitcoin organization made a screening for this ICO project? It should be necessary to minimize ICO scam projects.

But, we do not really know what is the score between ICO projects and bitcoin. For now, Bitcoin has been focused only on the development of system which for now more people are launching ICO projects without getting screen from any body of concerning agency like the government or the bitcoin organization itself. So ICO led projects will have a greater chance on scamming its investors and this is what is happening right now.

So, how the ETF be approve? If it will be approve then cryptocurrency will be subject for modifications and that probably removing the anonymous features. Legalizing it like the stock market exchange did. This will help promote the cryptocurrency system and hopefully it will be like that.

denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:28:47 AM

I read from some news and articles that the deadline for the review about Bitcoin's ETF will be on February 27, 2019, and I don't really think that they will approve this because they stand firm on what they believe about the manipulations of Crypto Currencies through exchanges and about those pump and dump group that circulates in telegram. Bullrun might happen even without that ETF thing but it only depends on the community's hyping and way of thinking, if the majority of the Crypto Community thinks and believes that the Value of Bitcoin might increase and the majority of the people keeps on hodling the price of Bitcoin has a very high chance to increase because of this same idea phenomenon.

Seriously. a positive news might affect Bitcoin's value and negative news affects it too just like we have seen the past years and months. So, there is a possibility that if the SEC approves the Bitcoin ETF there might be an increase in Bitcoin's value, just what I have said if the majority of the minds of the hodlers cooperate with each other skyrocketing isn't impossible. I do really think that the SEC will not approve the ETF of Bitcoin but who knows there might be a change of heart and point of view. Cool
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: