Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:03:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Organized crime in bounties...  (Read 1477 times)
Trollinator (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:22:03 AM
Merited by tk808 (5)

Scamming bounties has become a new source of income for organized groups of scammers. Groups with developers on their payroll are using software to create thousands of bots and dumping them in airdrop bounty to collect 100’s of thousands of dollars in bounty tokens. Airdrops may not seem like much, but when you have 20K fake accounts receiving 10-20 tokens, it’s a huge payoff.

In addition, these groups are paying copywriters a few hundred dollars to write 3-4 articles and then google translating them in many languages and posting under many fake accounts. Often using newbie BCT accounts to protect the higher ranking accounts they created to put in signatures campaigns.

This kind of scam has started to flourish because the bounty managers who manage the projects are too lazy or inexperienced to watch out for these scammers.

Bounty hunters get a bad reputation because of these scammers. Also projects can’t  get quality work because good bounty hunters don’t want to waste their time, since their hard work will be diluted by scammers.

So to protect yourself when doing a bounty:
1. Watch all activities and report scamming to bounty managers ASAP
2. Google your own articles to see if someone has posted it under their account.
3. Don’t waste your time with airdrops

To the admins
1. Check everyone who enters the bounty.
2. Updates stakes frequently so scammers know you are watching.
2. Don’t be lazy, put in the work...

I hope this was helpful...
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
makadaka

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:25:29 AM

this is extremely bad as people who want to earn honestly tokens simply cannot compete with bots and get a penny for the bounty campaign. it should not be

▐ █   CoinFast |█   https://coinfast.io/ ))
World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
●● ▬▬  [  Join the Whitelist  ]  ▬▬ ●●
Trollinator (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:27:13 AM

this is extremely bad as people who want to earn honestly tokens simply cannot compete with bots and get a penny for the bounty campaign. it should not be
It really is, but most people have no idea what’s happening. They think bounty hunters are lazy, but we are not!! It the scammers and bounty managers who are lazy.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 11:36:49 AM

They shouldn't be that difficult to detect, if they're using bots for sign-ups etc.
If the campaigns are actually somewhat decent, they can easily figure out the patterns of these bots and just deny them any payouts automatically.

That said, some campaigns just do not care. They're just in it for a quick money grab and they'll just pay out tokens to these bot farms.
Probably because it's cheaper for them than actually trying to fix it.

Trollinator (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:41:48 AM

They shouldn't be that difficult to detect, if they're using bots for sign-ups etc.
If the campaigns are actually somewhat decent, they can easily figure out the patterns of these bots and just deny them any payouts automatically.

That said, some campaigns just do not care. They're just in it for a quick money grab and they'll just pay out tokens to these bot farms.
Probably because it's cheaper for them than actually trying to fix it.
That’s very true!! Scam projects don’t care. However, there are also some honest projects who go into an ICO thinking they can manage the bounty themselves based on their corporate marketing experience; NOT KNOWING that bounties in cryptos is a different animal. They aren’t prepared or experienced to deal with scam bot making developers who have been in cryptos much longer.
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:56:41 AM

It is easy to detect the fake entries but the campaign managers are lazy, or they don't want to do it. Because bounty managers are not moderated, only tag from DT members is not enough, so when theymos still doesn't want to control this, it still happens.
Trollinator (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 12:03:53 PM

It is easy to detect the fake entries but the campaign managers are lazy, or they don't want to do it. Because bounty managers are not moderated, only tag from DT members is not enough, so when theymos still doesn't want to control this, it still happens.
Well, can’t blame any of the BCT moderator for this. This kind of problem exists in any online forum. A good idea is to have projects registered their bounty with the forum; and pay a small fee. Then give the project a “red trust” account to tag these scammers when found, so that the BCT forum admins don’t have to waste their time chasing scammers.
payjoe93

Activity: 499
Merit: 268

PAYJOE93 DESIGN SERVICE

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 12:16:04 PM

It's all depends we choosing a project.. If you want a good quality bounty, just follow the most trusted bounty manager, find project who have a strict rules for participant (strict rules have possibility to avoid who cheat on bounty).

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Trollinator (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:08:11 PM

It's all depends we choosing a project.. If you want a good quality bounty, just follow the most trusted bounty manager, find project who have a strict rules for participant (strict rules have possibility to avoid who cheat on bounty).

I totally agree. The scammers use their fake accounts in the groups to complain and confused the real people
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:08:54 PM

thread carefully. this days scamming scheme is getting much sophisticated.
CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:16:43 PM

I also notice that,I'm not sure but probably KYC for bounty hunters can helps with this problem, cheaters are everywhere and unfortunatly we can't get rid of them all.
gwaposakon

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:19:41 PM

This is not surprising. Opportunities in crypto are quite big, so, steadily it is also becoming a medium for syndicates to deceive and exploit financially other people. Having a great deal of knowledge about what you are joining is very important so you will not be used by these scammers.
bellamente

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 01:25:31 PM

Now Airdrop conducts Stellar (XLM) in conjunction with blockchain.com. I think it will be the biggest fraudulent airdrop.

What do you think why they spend airdrop?

ije07

Activity: 1414
Merit: 250

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:40:36 PM

it is really a fraudulent act that must be stopped immediately because it will harm other participants because there are several airdrop programs that distribute the prize equally for all participants and if the number of participants is large then the prize that will be received by each participant is very little and of course it's a loss for participants who only have one account

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
memecoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:51:10 PM

I suggest you think again when you believe too much about them, because it is simply not possible for them to be so good without profit. But anyway this is the good way that I see from your comment and You should be more careful with yourself.

Am I spamming? Report me!
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 01:54:49 PM

These are the reasons why I never join bounties that do not protect their bounty hunters, there is bounty campaign that you will need a verification before you can join this is good they can easily trace who are cheating their bounty campaign, I hope all bounty managers will apply this.

baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:56:38 PM

It's good to sign up for projects where there are trusted managers who have not fooled people so far. I know that this method does not give a chance to the debutants who are well intentioned, but it is a measure of protection for us, the bounty hunters.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitc0000

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:08:28 PM

I totally agree. The scammers use their fake accounts in the groups to complain and confused the real people
Yea ~ I've seen so many things like that. There are too many scammers in the bounty campaign and I think the best solution is that every person who wants to participate in a bounty needs to post proof at bitcointalk

Sadari3
Copper Member

Activity: 155
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:12:53 PM

there must be special software that prevents scammers from using bot accounts to follow bounties, experienced bounty managers usually have a way to detect bounty participants who use multi accounts.
swiftbits

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:13:55 PM

This is my first time knowing those things! I think scammers would really do everything for a huge amount of money even it took a lot of effort
I encountered a bounty spreadsheet flooded by fake information for telegram campaign, probably a scammers doing.

▀▀█▄
     ▀▀██▄▄██████▄████▄
      ▄▄███████████▀█▄
  ▄█████████████████▄█▄ ▄
 ▀  ▀██████████████▀▀█████
   ▄██████▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▀█▀
 ▄███████▄▄█▀               █
█▀▀ ▀██████▀                █
    ██████▄█▌              ██
   █████████             ▄██▌
    █▀ ▀█████ █▄ ▐▄  ▄█████▀
         ▀███████ ██▄▄███▀