Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:22:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Organized crime in bounties...  (Read 1477 times)
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 06:53:54 AM

I am forever reporting fake scammers and thieves who steal my content and my username and one even made a telegram using my profile photo as well and impersonating me. This is so ridiculous. If they go through all this effort to scam, why not make a frigging video or article themselves and post, are they so stupid or lazy? I sometimes am ashamed to say I am Asian also as most scammers are coming out of Asia as well. Mostly the bounty gangs are Vietnamese, I notice form their emails.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:54:45 AM

They shouldn't be that difficult to detect, if they're using bots for sign-ups etc.
If the campaigns are actually somewhat decent, they can easily figure out the patterns of these bots and just deny them any payouts automatically.

That said, some campaigns just do not care. They're just in it for a quick money grab and they'll just pay out tokens to these bot farms.
Probably because it's cheaper for them than actually trying to fix it.
Some bounty manager are very lazy in checking out cheaters in bounty programme and that is the reason why it is very easy for this cheaters to go away with this. most importantly ones they see that a bounty manager doesnt do alot of work in analysing work before allocating token then he will be their target they will be using bot to sign up in every campaign he/she is managing. I have experienced this in the past. despite that i reported that someone my work, the BM still go ahead to allocate token for such stolen work.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:05:33 AM

Really? wake up your dreaming!! not worth the effort the rewards are far too low for any self-respecting Boss to waste his time on a few dollars for 2 months work.
Can you quote up who are you waking for that post? Such a cut comment of yours, and of course, all of the bounty hunters are very upset and disappointed on a few dollars only. But it does not mean we need to stop doing bounty hunting, as I can see on yourself ( your account ) that you are continue to wear avatar and signature from a crypto project. That's why the author do this thread to encourage all of us to report those shady works of others, such a dirty people who want to take advantage of others. We need to do an alternative solution on this issue.

I was referring to the OP not yours by the way. I think it is ridiculous to speculate that organised crime is going to be bothered to try and scam a few dollars from bounty campaigns that take 2 - 3 months of collection. The rest of us are picking up tiny amounts from our efforts but my hope is that they will flourish in the next Buill phase.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
HEvangelista

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:04:35 AM

I have a friend who says that there is this certain project or company that supposedly should have already gave the tokens or coins to them but 5 months has passed and the tokens has not been given yet. So he does not really know whether he should pursue it or just forget about it because the chat room on telegram has no replies and also bans who gives FUD at that chatroom. It even asked KYC for the bounty participants. Tragic really.
Ducky1

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:49:53 AM

Unfortunately, this situation has been observed for more than one month. Bounty managers should deal with such situations, as they take responsibility for the bounty campaign.

.█
                             .-███
                           .-███-███
                         ..███.   ███
                        .███.      ███
                      .███.         ███
                    .███-            ███
                  .███-               ███
                .███:.                 ███
              .███*.                   .███
 ████████████████████████████         .███████████████
 ███......................███.      .███-...........███
 .███                      ███.   .███-             .███
  .███                      ███ .███:.               .███
    ███.                    .██████.                   ███
     ███.                   .████.                      ███
      ███                  .█████.                      .███
      .███               .███. ███                       .███
        ███.           .███-    ███                        ███
         ███.        .███-      .███                        ███
          ██████████████         -█████████████████████████████
                    ███.                    .███
                     ███                  .███
                      ███:              .███
                       ███-           .███
                        ███.       .-███
                         ███.    .-███
                          ███  ..███
                          .███.███
                           .████
                            -█
.CARTESI.📱.LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS.
                               .█
                             .-███
                           .-███-███
                         ..███.   ███
                        .███.      ███
                      .███.         ███
                    .███-            ███
                  .███-               ███
                .███:.                 ███
              .███*.                   .███
 ████████████████████████████         .███████████████
 ███......................███.      .███-...........███
 .███                      ███.   .███-             .███
  .███                      ███ .███:.               .███
    ███.                    .██████.                   ███
     ███.                   .████.                      ███
      ███                  .█████.                      .███
      .███               .███. ███                       .███
        ███.           .███-    ███                        ███
         ███.        .███-      .███                        ███
          ██████████████         -█████████████████████████████
                    ███.                    .███
                     ███                  .███
                      ███:              .███
                       ███-           .███
                        ███.       .-███
                         ███.    .-███
                          ███  ..███
                          .███.███
                           .████
                            -█
tuthienloc92bk

Activity: 364
Merit: 34

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:04:12 AM

You sound like a scam account trying to stop the word from getting out!!

Date Registered: March 31, 2018. You joined Bitcointalk forum earlier than me. But you still think what I said as from a scammer try to get the rresponsible people out of my way? LoL. "bitcointalk.org can stop scam ICO" if you have ever read what high rank members and oldest members said in that thread, you will understand what I said. Unfortunately, that thread was deleted. But you will still receive a result while search by google. I wish you will become a legendary of all bounty hunters of Bitcointalk forum after changing this scam world.
cryptosmoker

Activity: 581
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 03:07:48 PM

That's why I don't join on those campaign with a low rank campaign manager or even a copper member with a low rank. I usually join on campaign with at least senior rank btt account. And Yes, sometimes the bounty manager or the campaign manager is also a victim for such a long period of time. This crypto community is composed of different kind of mind ( people ) but always keep on your mind that more of us want money and money and money than a project.

That's why we need to know all of the information about the project before joining, right?
We do not only need to know about the project's potency, the team, the manager is also important here so we will not get trapped then.
yanesna3

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 04:09:08 PM

Very useful article, I think it would be interesting to create a separate forum where participants could only give to us some information about companies that turned out to be scammers.
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 04:24:33 PM

Countless methods of abuses to the bounty that we can mention here from those bounty abusers, some of them manage to take some peoples username here to join bounty or airdrop then they use their own wallets to profit without the consent of the original owner, some of them abuse the registration system, doubling their entries with different usernames, telegrams, and URL to look legit but the owner is just one man, managers need to restrict the registrations like posting some authentications to bitcointalk and double checking.

BTCreward

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:08:56 PM

This is indeed one of the worst factors affecting the lives of bounty hunters. But I can see that such scams are not so much, as in most cases, people just have a few accounts. I think almost every bounty hunter has a second account.

seyola89

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:52:00 PM

It's so bad that some people love to earn from unreasonable or lazy tasks and try to live off other people genuine works. This is why many bounties nowadays require KYC before you can receive your rewards.
ramsankadirov1345

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:55:25 PM

I think for beginners this article will be a good grant how it is possible to struggle with swindlers. I when notice something similar always I contact the manager. But happens so he doesn't answer or ignores. In such cases I don't see sense to participate further in the project.

mohammedmattar

Activity: 448
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 10:06:53 PM

In one campaign I told the admin (from the team) in the Telegram room
There are huge robot entries
He told me that our campaign manager was a professional and would handle it
"Then let's get a free job and they will not get stakes

So far nothing has been deleted
That was about two weeks ago
All in all, it is up to the awareness of the campaign manager and the hunters together
Because in the end their joint work.
Astermony

Activity: 373

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:31:13 PM

It's all depends we choosing a project.. If you want a good quality bounty, just follow the most trusted bounty manager, find project who have a strict rules for participant (strict rules have possibility to avoid who cheat on bounty).

It is the best strategy to lessen the chances of falling into a trap but cannot be avoided in some cases because of scammers had also strategies on how to convince managers to work for them, as I 've said it cannot be avoided but at least it was minimal.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:40:25 PM

It's all depends we choosing a project.. If you want a good quality bounty, just follow the most trusted bounty manager, find project who have a strict rules for participant (strict rules have possibility to avoid who cheat on bounty).
I agree with you. We must really filter the bounties that we have to join in order not to waste our time and effort in helping the project to be successful by doing our tasks. About the Bounty Manager, that's a good factor but we should also do the work on researching about the bounty to join. If a Bounty fails, it is not the Bounty Manager's fault I think. Strict rules are okay for me if it will scammers to come in.
Mishgan27

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:44:44 PM

it's sad that bounty hunter has to fight the crooks now. and often managers are removed from the company for a small mistake and the scammers remain. that's not fair. I value my work and don't want others to steal from me

✘  EXCOLONY   |▌  YOUR PLEASURE IS OUR INNOVATION
|███   White Paper  [  JOIN our ICO  ]  ANN Thread   ███|
Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Github  |  Reddit
hongus

Activity: 736

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:45:49 PM

Now there are a lot of worthy managers who do the full job of finding fraudsters. Of course, a small ICO is faced with such a problem. Yes in the cryptocurrency world there are a lot of scammers  Sad

markieeeloy

Activity: 296
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 02:07:56 AM

If this matter has a proof, then this is a serious matter that can be forward to the team of the ico campaign. This is a big unbalance and a big unfair to the bounty hunters that is honest with their work. Can anyone have a better idea that may be able to catch the users that are doing these?

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Maknae09

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:10:39 AM

this is extremely bad as people who want to earn honestly tokens simply cannot compete with bots and get a penny for the bounty campaign. it should not be

Basically, there are some people who randomly joins a telegram group and try to devastate its members through a link tha they send. Primarily a Phishing site where the accounts and personal info's of the members are stolen and even their money.

▃ ▄ Ternion  ▀▄▀  Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway ◥◤ ICO Start: 01 OCT 2018 (http://www.Ternion.io/)
Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 01:45:28 PM

Scamming bounties has become a new source of income for organized groups of scammers. Groups with developers on their payroll are using software to create thousands of bots and dumping them in airdrop bounty to collect 100’s of thousands of dollars in bounty tokens. Airdrops may not seem like much, but when you have 20K fake accounts receiving 10-20 tokens, it’s a huge payoff.

In addition, these groups are paying copywriters a few hundred dollars to write 3-4 articles and then google translating them in many languages and posting under many fake accounts. Often using newbie BCT accounts to protect the higher ranking accounts they created to put in signatures campaigns.

This kind of scam has started to flourish because the bounty managers who manage the projects are too lazy or inexperienced to watch out for these scammers.

Bounty hunters get a bad reputation because of these scammers. Also projects can’t  get quality work because good bounty hunters don’t want to waste their time, since their hard work will be diluted by scammers.

So to protect yourself when doing a bounty:
1. Watch all activities and report scamming to bounty managers ASAP
2. Google your own articles to see if someone has posted it under their account.
3. Don’t waste your time with airdrops

To the admins
1. Check everyone who enters the bounty.
2. Updates stakes frequently so scammers know you are watching.
2. Don’t be lazy, put in the work...

I hope this was helpful...

Some managers are to blame for acts like this. There are some managers that have devised means to prevent acts like this. For instance, some of them have decided to introduced the use of proof of stakes, which is also useful in curbing any scam attempt.
Then for mangers who manage lots of bounty programmes, if they feel they cannot effectively management the works before them with the available manpower, they should get more helping hands, in order to allow for proper monitoring.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: