Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:04:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you HODL because you believe the price will go up? Or are you lost too much?  (Read 1467 times)
Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:49:50 AM

Most times, I hold because I trust so much in the asset(s) and believe it would well on the long run. And very few times I'm forced to hold as the asset has lost value and selling off in huge lost isn't ideal as well.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Yusuf77

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 12:27:32 PM

As for me I still hold as I believe that it will rise again probably. I already earned on crypto and withdraw my investments. Money that are on hold now is the part of earned ones.
Anyway I don't want to lose these coins too. So I gave it a chance till the beginning of next year I think.
yes maybe you can wait until next year if the end of this year the price you want does not appear or you can sell it with a small profit if the coins you hold are less promising. no loss if we process it properly and correctly.
yanetriwidia

Activity: 229
Merit: 2

∞ HYPNOXYS | A Backed Protocol To Decentrali

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 12:55:38 PM

Most times, I hold because I trust so much in the asset(s) and believe it would well on the long run. And very few times I'm forced to hold as the asset has lost value and selling off in huge lost isn't ideal as well.
yes i'd believed in crypto , so i choice HOLD all time , if the price down i just HOLD until my assets go back to normal
i trust next year the crypto will going to bull , because end of this year many crypto make some sideways

∞ HYPNOXYS | A Backed Protocol To Decentralize The Chatting Industry
visit : www.hypnoxys.com
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:23:20 PM

As for me I still hold as I believe that it will rise again probably. I already earned on crypto and withdraw my investments. Money that are on hold now is the part of earned ones.
Anyway I don't want to lose these coins too. So I gave it a chance till the beginning of next year I think.
yes maybe you can wait until next year if the end of this year the price you want does not appear or you can sell it with a small profit if the coins you hold are less promising. no loss if we process it properly and correctly.
This is usually we do we hold because we believe on a certain project that it will increase again. Holding is also good as long we are patient and continue to believe on. Yes we can wait anyway by waiting for the increase we can gains profit at all.
dat.ho12492

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 01:29:45 PM

I hold because I believe the price will get better in the future, I see that bitcoin got so many potential that still unrevealed, and actually bitcoin got a lot of supporters, but because of the unclear regulation, some of them become hesitate to adopt bitcoin, I am an early adopter so I already making profit, I only cash out when I need the money, so no matter what is the price I already satisfy
I believe that in the beginning, most people hold for the same reason, they believe that bitcoin will have the potential and achieve greater value in the future, then they will get a lot of profits and maybe even become millionaire with as many people have done. But a very sad thing is that over time, the value and what bitcoin is showing goes against all expectations, everyone lost and they stuck at a very high price, and they can only hold to wait for recovery, loss is too much, they no longer have enough confidence in bitcoin

▀▀▀▀▀█████████   CRYPTON          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬                    
▬▬          Revolutionary Cryptocurrency Exchange
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:36:53 PM

Both, i still holding my btc because i belief it will be back and if i sell it now i will lose so much conpared last year.
paparexon0414

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:37:05 PM

Before i hold my tokens and bitcoin, believing that it will go up (as a newbie back then). I just read articles regarding a particular coins. This speculation is so catchy that i believe that holding my tokens/coins for a certain time will give me a big profit. But in the end i just lost a thousand (in our currency). Im not saying holding is not a good idea but if you believe in your own coins, just hold. Eventhough i lost from holding i still hold some tokens and waiting for its boost in no time.
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 02:09:28 PM

Actually, I have still hold because now crypto market goes to down everyday,and I know many people like this hold now this time. Actually we can not loss everything our money and absolutely holders people.we always want to big profitable. especially I looked it in this last year month I hope Bitcoin price will going up soon.
nicolos99

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 02:15:52 PM

I wonder if you HODL because you believe the price will go up? Or are you lost too much already so you don't see any reason to sell because you won't be satisfied with the money you will cash out?
I have this self-conflict for a few months already
Honestly to tell that i will Hodl cz i believe in Bitcoin.And i will suggest you to hodl BTC as long as you can.I know that not always situation will be ideal and we have to hold on the bad times too.Think for long term Smiley
Prettyme

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 02:22:49 PM

I wonder if you HODL because you believe the price will go up? Or are you lost too much already so you don't see any reason to sell because you won't be satisfied with the money you will cash out?

These past few days weeks or months it was difficult for us to take a risk because we already experienced a lot of failures in dealing with the dump of cryptos. For me still firmly HODL my tokens because I have still the hope that one day cryptos will go up again and a lot of investors,  traders and bounty hunters would deal with crypto again.

cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 02:23:10 PM

I've been doing this since late 2013. I sold a portion of my bags for a profit in January. Would of been stupid not to, but I have consolidated the rest of my bags and put the funds into projects I think have the best potential. Hope you guys are doing the same.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
yowelfree

Activity: 94

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 02:46:32 PM

Bitcoin has not been stable and i believe that bitcoin price will go up. I suggest that there is no need to sell when you have lost too much.

▂▃▅▆ BOLTON Coin (BFCL) ▆▅▃▂
▬ The Challenge that makes your dreams come true ▬
֍ ֍ [https://bfclcoin.com/]֍ ֍
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 03:17:05 PM

I've been doing this since late 2013. I sold a portion of my bags for a profit in January. Would of been stupid not to, but I have consolidated the rest of my bags and put the funds into projects I think have the best potential. Hope you guys are doing the same.

Well hopefully those projects end up with good results for you dude. I still have majority of my portfolio in btc which sadly is at a loss. No harm for me though since i'm still looking at a year or two or now for my btc holdings.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 03:21:00 PM

Of course, both your assumptions are taken into account. We keep our coins and tokens because we believe that the cryptocurrency market will still rise, but on the other hand, this is the most optimal solution in this situation, when the cryptocurrency has fallen in price by more than 70 percent and has been stagnant for almost a year.
The cryptocurrency market develops cyclically, and since it was a normal market decline, it will definitely recover.
pixie85

Activity: 2156
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 03:31:06 PM

I haven't lost anything. Most of my coins were earned not bought with fiat and I don't care about their fiat value much. I'm not going to spend my coins until there are ways to spend. I don't want to exchange it all into fiat first, I want to really use coins daily. That's what I'm waiting for and I know that by the time I'm able to Bitcoin will be worth more than its ATH today.
dr.cheema

Activity: 826
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 03:54:18 PM

Well i can't forget last year when Bitcoin price was at around $20k and ETH, ripple other cryptocurrencies price was high.
I am expecting Big rise in prices like last year, that's why i am here holding tokens and coins.
Haha another reason yeah i lost to much money..  Cheesy
RonF

Activity: 98

HODL is the key to wealth

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 04:04:50 PM

I've got alot already but if not I would put in, say, $100 per month or so and simply keep doing that - not so much money as to make a difference in the life I live but enough to score a large sum should Bitcoin rise to high amounts like 1/2-million dollars as it could in the next ten years.

HODL is the key to wealth
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 04:06:08 PM

I am in the middle of both the situations you mentioned as i am into bitcoin since 2016 so i am laready in profit but fairly down from the ATH which we saw back in december 2017. So i dont see any point in selling now and i am hoping the price will bounce back up soon.
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 04:27:10 PM

The point is the same you are holding because you already lose some of your money, meaning the action is to hold and wait for the price to come up again in the market because you have the belief that the price will be good soon.
Amevalentine

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 04:38:42 PM

I think that modeling is a way of holding back to plant not to harm or not to profit but instead to make a big profit the next day
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: