Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:05:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CosmosCR [$CYBR] 🌌Virtual reality world, NFT's, Data solution#blockchain  (Read 32212 times)
Mrboot (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 01:19:28 PM

I've seen several VR projects that are somewhat similar to this one and has varying features and I wanna know what will be this project's greatest advantages over its competitors.

I think many of these vr projects are still on their infancy, they have plan on papers which may differ from what actually the result will be.

Yea totally agree, we think its really important to really put the foundation as perfect as possible, this needs much more planning than people actually think. Making a NFT is easy.
But think about solving this.

- People losing PK with land parcels on it.
- Content that is offensive for many people (easy to solve centralized, but we are creating a decentralized virtual world) True ownership is a asset.
- Rules in the virtual metaverse.
- Dynamic land system.
- Making it easy for people to create without programming knowledge.
- Data sharing to make the virtual world work as good as possible

Solving things like this will give us advantage in the future, but are not live in the present.

Uhh, you are right, it seemed easier than it really is.
If you can solve point 2 and 3 of your list you even can transfer it in the real world and making it a better place.  Wink

We have ways to solve point 2, but the problem making decisions decentralized takes much longer then centralized. 
Point 3 will start with a basis and evolve over time together with the community.

Really? Even this counts as security?

I didn't think this before. But in SEC point of view, every ico is security. And people mostly buy these things to gain profit at some point, not spend in-app. If they would spend in-app, they would probably wait for the full version.

The chance is big yea, and you better not kick the Bull. We can make fancy models that reduce suppy with 90% and burn and pay dividend, but our goal is much better! Get adoption for the platform and that bring value on its own.
We really want this to serve as a utility token for the platform.

Aren't you based in Netherlands and probably not accepting any US citizens in ico.

So you are out of SEC's juristiction area which means they can't touch you.

We're indeed a dutch based and registrated company. We dont accept US and Chinese citizens in the ICO.

I dont think it's that easy, cause eventually the whole product need to be global and that include people from the US and China.

1) We want to be accepted on exchanges and exchanges dont list security's (if they do this can suddenly change in the future).
2) People from the US are allowed to buy utility tokens, just in the ICO it's different. If you make a dividend/burn system this can still be considered a security.
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 04:10:47 PM

I've seen several VR projects that are somewhat similar to this one and has varying features and I wanna know what will be this project's greatest advantages over its competitors.

You are right. VR tech is not even evolved in the centralized space yet.
I think many of these vr projects are still on their infancy, they have plan on papers which may differ from what actually the result will be.
mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 05:53:30 PM

Yea totally agree, we think its really important to really put the foundation as perfect as possible, this needs much more planning than people actually think. Making a NFT is easy.
But think about solving this.

- People losing PK with land parcels on it.
- Content that is offensive for many people (easy to solve centralized, but we are creating a decentralized virtual world) True ownership is a asset.
- Rules in the virtual metaverse.
- Dynamic land system.
- Making it easy for people to create without programming knowledge.
- Data sharing to make the virtual world work as good as possible

Solving things like this will give us advantage in the future, but are not live in the present.

Our greatest advantage is our system, but we are not done designing and developing it. We know we can make it now its our job to make it as great as possible.
We understand people hear that probably a lot, but if we had this already complete and as perfect as we plan it, we would be miles ahead of everyone and we would never ever sell tokens for this price range.

What we're creating is super cool and we see it as a new way how to use the internet in the future.

This is the point that is missing right now in crypto, we're lucky that some projects are working on it, making tools like what we have for creating websites tigh now  (for example WYSIWYG softwares like dreamweaver)

Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 09:17:27 PM

We're indeed a dutch based and registrated company. We dont accept US and Chinese citizens in the ICO.

I dont think it's that easy, cause eventually the whole product need to be global and that include people from the US and China.

1) We want to be accepted on exchanges and exchanges dont list security's (if they do this can suddenly change in the future).
2) People from the US are allowed to buy utility tokens, just in the ICO it's different. If you make a dividend/burn system this can still be considered a security.

You said before you do not want $CYBR tokens to be securities.

You probably are aware of the Howey Test. A transaction represents an investment contract if a person invests his money in a common enterprise and is led to expect profits solely from the efforts of the promoter or a third party.

What ways could there be for a person looking to profit off $CYBR tokens without violating the Howey Test?
cevap

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 10:03:05 AM

I dont think other VR projects managed to find a stable connection and implementation of crypto in their platform and are struggling to compete with non blockchain projects. CosmosCR will face a tough job to stand out but they are certainly on the right path.

Mrboot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 12:59:13 PM

We released an article about fungible and non fungible tokens.

https://medium.com/cosmoscr/fungible-tokens-vs-non-fungible-tokens-why-nft-is-instrumental-in-the-future-of-blockchain-c5192cc46aad

More articles about the project will come on Monday.
Mrboot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 01:06:36 PM

You probably are aware of the Howey Test. A transaction represents an investment contract if a person invests his money in a common enterprise and is led to expect profits solely from the efforts of the promoter or a third party.

What ways could there be for a person looking to profit off $CYBR tokens without violating the Howey Test?

Ofcourse we know the Howey Test, well that way every coin (including btc) will be a security, but we clearly stated in the term of condition and papers that everyone need to agree on before purchasing the tokens that the tokens
are utility tokens for our platform. Some lines are still blurry and probably will untill the ICO's are fully regulated at this stage we do everything that is required to be a legit ICO.

Thats also why we have a Law firm as partner and we hired them to review every step of the ICO. Their name is Watson Law and are also situated in the Netherlands.
Mrboot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 01:09:36 PM

I dont think other VR projects managed to find a stable connection and implementation of crypto in their platform and are struggling to compete with non blockchain projects. CosmosCR will face a tough job to stand out but they are certainly on the right path.

There are some projects doing really well already, and without the blockchain projects like a metaverse can never let you have your own assets that you control (full ownership). Thats the biggest advantage and
the reason why many people are also in cryptocurrency. We have some cool things in store, but we will only announce them when the community already grown more and we announced the officiele ICO date.
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 01:13:07 PM

Ofcourse we know the Howey Test, well that way every coin (including btc) will be a security, but we clearly stated in the term of condition and papers that everyone need to agree on before purchasing the tokens that the tokens
are utility tokens for our platform. Some lines are still blurry and probably will untill the ICO's are fully regulated at this stage we do everything that is required to be a legit ICO.

Thats also why we have a Law firm as partner and we hired them to review every step of the ICO. Their name is Watson Law and are also situated in the Netherlands.

How exactly is this Howey Test performed? Would it be enough when a popular Youtuber mentions CosmosCR in a video about, let's say, 'the next top ICOs of 2019',  to get deemed as a Security token?

Since almost everyone who invests in an ICO is only doing it because he expects a (financial) profit from it, it is gonna be hard to convince anyone of investing when you aren't allowed to promise these profits.
Mrboot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 01:16:49 PM

How exactly is this Howey Test performed? Would it be enough when a popular Youtuber mentions CosmosCR in a video about, let's say, 'the next top ICOs of 2019',  to get deemed as a Security token?

Since almost everyone who invests in an ICO is only doing it because he expects a (financial) profit from it, it is gonna be hard to convince anyone of investing when you aren't allowed to promise these profits.

To be honest the ico that promise huge profits are the ones you need to be carefull off. Your never allowed to promise profits, cause what if it doesnt happen (look at the bear market now some ico's are down 90%) You dont
want any lawsuits against you.

Patience and adoption brings value and demand for the token/coin. Dividends, burns etc should be done with extreme cautions and good advicement from a legal team.
omwibya

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:42:23 PM

To be honest the ico that promise huge profits are the ones you need to be carefull off. Your never allowed to promise profits, cause what if it doesnt happen (look at the bear market now some ico's are down 90%) You dont

Patience and adoption brings value and demand for the token/coin. Dividends, burns etc should be done with extreme cautions and good advicement from a legal team.

hear hear, too many people are letting greed get in the way of their brain. thanks for being a voice of reason.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
sge99

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 03:20:57 PM

I admire with the team's  candid approach to this discussion which I seldom see in most crypto projects doing an ICO. I mean this community should be built with trust among members and the enthusiasm to deliver together this awesome platform powered by the blockchain.

I, too, like this careful and reasonable approach which somehow has also become a necessity. Nowadays investors are looking for reliable projects with trustworthy teams and don't believe just hyped projects anymore.

bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2856
Merit: 605

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 04:07:22 PM

Someone with the knowledge should do a comparison table with all the competitors. These are always a nice read.
Yes this is very important . There are 2 things that I believe will be the key to success in business, uniqueness or special thing and different target market.
yes for the success of a project is not enough that this is valid and well-structured but also serve for example unique characteristics/features and an aggressive marketing campaign aimed at interested users, and in the specific case of cosmoscr let's say a smooth and fast 3d graphics engine...
nobytes

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 04:17:06 PM

No continuous burn system or buy back token system implemented?

Creator of this token is a legendary member on this forum, i think he is aware of how important this is.

Burning tokens is not a good idea you will most likely be considered a security instead of a Utility token. You can burn unsold tokens though, just not on regular basis.
Same count for a buy back program most likely cause it gives people Expectations of Profit.

We're a utility token and we focus on main adoption that will drive the price, every extra additional rewards need to be reviewed really well and discussed with our lawyers.

I don't understand how the token burning would make this a security. But constant token burning would probably be an annoyance when dealing with coinmarketcap and the total amount of the tokens
Mrboot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:12:57 PM

hear hear, too many people are letting greed get in the way of their brain. thanks for being a voice of reason.

Thank you, we appreciate all feedback and we're happy to always discuss situations like this cause it's important together we buidl the future of cryptocurrency
and this not only count for our project, we really love all legit projects and are really excited about the future (although the market atm doesnt reflect that).

How exactly is this Howey Test performed? Would it be enough when a popular Youtuber mentions CosmosCR in a video about, let's say, 'the next top ICOs of 2019',  to get deemed as a Security token?

I admire with the team's  candid approach to this discussion which I seldom see in most crypto projects doing an ICO. I mean this community should be built with trust among members and the enthusiasm to deliver together this awesome platform powered by the blockchain.

You got this so right! Our goals are keeping the community happy and involved while we buidl a great platform.

How exactly is this Howey Test performed? Would it be enough when a popular Youtuber mentions CosmosCR in a video about, let's say, 'the next top ICOs of 2019',  to get deemed as a Security token?

I, too, like this careful and reasonable approach which somehow has also become a necessity. Nowadays investors are looking for reliable projects with trustworthy teams and don't believe just hyped projects anymore.

I'm an investor myself and that learned me a lot over last few years in cryptocurrency. The market evolved a lot cause it changed a lot compared to even a year ago.

Someone with the knowledge should do a comparison table with all the competitors. These are always a nice read.
Yes this is very important . There are 2 things that I believe will be the key to success in business, uniqueness or special thing and different target market.
yes for the success of a project is not enough that this is valid and well-structured but also serve for example unique characteristics/features and an aggressive marketing campaign aimed at interested users, and in the specific case of cosmoscr let's say a smooth and fast 3d graphics engine...

We're working on a own infograph, but we are always available for questions if someone would like to make a comparison graph. At this stage we pref. creating articles
and content.

No continuous burn system or buy back token system implemented?

Creator of this token is a legendary member on this forum, i think he is aware of how important this is.

Burning tokens is not a good idea you will most likely be considered a security instead of a Utility token. You can burn unsold tokens though, just not on regular basis.
Same count for a buy back program most likely cause it gives people Expectations of Profit.

We're a utility token and we focus on main adoption that will drive the price, every extra additional rewards need to be reviewed really well and discussed with our lawyers.

I don't understand how the token burning would make this a security. But constant token burning would probably be an annoyance when dealing with coinmarketcap and the total amount of the tokens

Burning tokens can make it an calculated investment like for example dividend. with burning tokens we mean tokens that get burned based on for example revenues not unsold tokens.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 12:36:54 AM

Like others said, people are going to want to buy in to make a profit regardless of the assets being called utility tokens. But I think you also gave the answer to my question on this page, that is, with non-fungibles, in the same way collectibles are not securities but can become valuable.
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 07:53:21 AM

Burning tokens can make it an calculated investment like for example dividend. with burning tokens we mean tokens that get burned based on for example revenues not unsold tokens.
[/quote]

Yes, regular token burning is basically the same as paying a dividend. By doing this you reduce the supply which in turn leads to an increase in value of the remaining tokens. A slippery legal slope.
beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 09:11:01 AM

I didn't think this before. But in SEC point of view, every ico is security. And people mostly buy these things to gain profit at some point, not spend in-app. If they would spend in-app, they would probably wait for the full version.

The chance is big yea, and you better not kick the Bull. We can make fancy models that reduce suppy with 90% and burn and pay dividend, but our goal is much better! Get adoption for the platform and that bring value on its own.

Aren't you based in Netherlands and probably not accepting any US citizens in ico.

I don't think exchanges would make a problem about accepting a token with a burn program or buyback program because most of the exchanges applying this for their tokens. Like binance and kucoin. And also they are accepting others too for example utrust.

But it would be problematic for US people buy and use at one point which would something you don't want as i understand.

Mrboot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 10:38:18 AM

Yes, regular token burning is basically the same as paying a dividend. By doing this you reduce the supply which in turn leads to an increase in value of the remaining tokens. A slippery legal slope.
[/quote]

I don't think exchanges would make a problem about accepting a token with a burn program or buyback program because most of the exchanges applying this for their tokens. Like binance and kucoin. And also they are accepting others too for example utrust.

But it would be problematic for US people buy and use at one point which would something you don't want as i understand.

Better to prevent something than to cure it, Some exchanges like Bittrex already changed this.
It can suddenly be that exchanges starting to delist coins with security (features) to prevent claims etc. We would never want this
cause that would be awefull for the end product! Better to create a system where people get rewarded for performing tasks that benefit the metaverse.
mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 11:07:41 AM

Burning tokens doesn't guarantee the value to go up, that's for sure, supply can be of one token but if it has no real value I don't see its valuation can go up (like the Aurora token, it's worth nothing despite the supply)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: