Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:44:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CosmosCR [$CYBR] 🌌Virtual reality world, NFT's, Data solution#blockchain  (Read 32209 times)
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 03:55:18 PM

The Project will still have its best time, apparently, we have a rise of AI, VR and other technologies with great possibilities, but still much to explore. Hold on even if your collection is not successful, as it is something for future large-scale application

The problem is that I've yet to usee and AI or VR application to have a huge success, maybe because people want simple things ad those are still too complicated to get in (you can also see this with crypto adoption in general)

That's exactly the reason why I hope that the development in general focuses more on mobile VR. I mean, who hasn't a smarphone nowadays. If ony half of the people who have one would also use it for VR applications we wouldn't talk about adoption here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mrboot (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 06:43:29 PM

BTCest wishes for the special days crypto community!

Mainstream, not yet. My ordered headset was delivered yesterday.
Unfortunately I had to realize that my smartphone does not have a gyrosensor and a borrowed one from my child not enough power
to look the CosmosCR demo fluently on their website.
But i can already play a little bit with the headset and borrowed smartphones from my friends when they visit me.

Cool

If possible do not bother with cardboard, you are going to have a pretty bad experience. Especially if you have a very cheap cardboard headset, the lenses are really bad and it is uncomfortable to wear.

One step up would be a Oculus Go or WMR for about 200 euro.

Are these things wireless or could a sudden movement rip the cable out of it? I'm curious how convenient to use these things have become meanwhile.

Oculus go is great and wireless

I can't wait to build a blockchain educational planet for all the users of URAllowance. I've got another onslaught of questions.....

1.) Can a planet be accessed directly upon logging in without having having to travel through Cosmos.

2.)Say I have built a planet that has multiple user created shops and other ways that users have discovered to monetize their time spent on my planet. I would want to promote it through a marketing campaign.
    a.) Would I be able to promote direct access to the planet from a third party or external login?
    b.) Would I be able to allow only members from another platform?(require them to also hold a membership to my app)
    c.) Will there be any ERC20 integration options for use only on a specific planet?

3.)This is where my third question would go.

Let me asnwer this

1) We're thinking about ways like giving people jump points to their favorites, but we're not sure opinions are welcome
    -Also we are thinking about letting websites allow it on their website on condition that they accept $CYBR as payment methode (combined or solo)
     ( like a ghost mode version so people wont connect with other people but still can see the store, this is one of our secret ideas though  Grin Roll Eyes
       this can be super usefull for companies that want to use their platform and their website at the same time.)

2)  a.) See answer 1, but we are not sure about this yet we will have huge discussions with the community about this after the ICO phase.
          We have some ways ideas that still give our platform prio over other applications.
     b.) Yes this is how communities and VR forums etc can be created that people actually need to sign in. (or in your case be already a member)
     c.)  We will make our own erc20 integration that people can use for their projects.  Do you mean your own token ?

Could you make some concept art for this? I am having a hard time to picture how will this be implemented or look like when it launches.

Concept are might be not the best representation of the eventual product i posted a picture not long ago (will find it and edit this post). But you can also check our
website and click on the goggles and see a small webvr demo. Just keep in mind you will see a small city we will be much bigger and more servers supporting it this
is just a really small demo running on one server.

Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 07:29:40 PM

The Project will still have its best time, apparently, we have a rise of AI, VR and other technologies with great possibilities, but still much to explore. Hold on even if your collection is not successful, as it is something for future large-scale application

The problem is that I've yet to usee and AI or VR application to have a huge success, maybe because people want simple things ad those are still too complicated to get in (you can also see this with crypto adoption in general)

it's also the fact that headsets are really expensive so far.unless they get cheaper you won't get a huge market.

I believe in a few years they will, not very drastically cheaper but pheraps more affordable. At the moment the problem with top vr headset is that require a top pc as well

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 08:12:27 PM

We're in talk with some groups and people, but the platform first need to evolve more and we need to prove to be better for them and we will that just need time.

We actually are even talking to some other companies that do company courses in first aid and safety trainings for european ships. Now creating the simulators and flying people
over to a specific location cost the companies a lot of money and time.

So this is just an individual developers? What about somebig serious companies and publoshers like Electronic Arts, Ubisoft etc?
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 11:54:50 PM

So this is just an individual developers? What about somebig serious companies and publoshers like Electronic Arts, Ubisoft etc?

I do not want to burst your bubble, but I am pretty sure they would rather create their own platform than use someone else's platform. Just like they do with game distribution platforms, building their own after starting on Steam.
king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:34:40 AM

I do not want to burst your bubble, but I am pretty sure they would rather create their own platform than use someone else's platform. Just like they do with game distribution platforms, building their own after starting on Steam.

Yes, platforms are like networks. If you attract enough users you win big. This is why everyone wants to have their own but there will be very few winners when the dust settles.
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:59:15 AM

Yes, platforms are like networks. If you attract enough users you win big. This is why everyone wants to have their own but there will be very few winners when the dust settles.

You cant expect big players to play by your rules but if this grows big enough, some big company might buy it and use and develop it by themselves which would also mean a huge chance for a profit later on.

Mrboot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 01:49:39 PM

I am delighted with the possibilities of CosmosCR, which is so large-scale and beautiful will be able to immerse completely in the virtual world, while providing a number of innovative features! I am interested in the country of origin of the project?

We're a official dutch registrated company (The Netherlands).

Everyone as promised a more extended article about the land parcels in the cosmos universe!

https://medium.com/cosmoscr/the-virtual-world-of-cosmos-3adecb51410d

Every feedback is appreciated!

Great summary of the virtual land and how it will be used. I actually had come up with a question that I was going to ask here but this article answered it. Regarding the districts..... Good call. I also like that land parcel NFTs will be relocatable if the owner decides to change it's usage. Will it require purchasing the new parcel that the owner wants to relocate to? 
is a very interesting article the land parcels could be a form of long-term investment in the virtual world, i hope that the initial 50000 land parcels can be increased later if there will be a great demand, so during the ico investors can buy land at the price of 5 eth each, i am very tempted...

The relocatable land and the prevention from dead land is a big innovation part of the project and not that easy to solve actually. We wont tell how we solved this cause we want to be the first to launch this system.

We will increase the land but really slowly with approx 1 land parcel a hour in a Dutch auction, all raised tokens will go to a non profit foundation where people can propose projects to improve the VR world in exchange for tokens on delivery. To increase adoption long term.

The value of land parcels will probably be in two parts 1) scarcity and 2) location.

We think virtual land will be really in demand and thats why we will reward our ICO participants with them first. They are the ones making it possible and we will never abandom them.
Mrboot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 01:56:54 PM

I am delighted with the possibilities of CosmosCR, which is so large-scale and beautiful will be able to immerse completely in the virtual world, while providing a number of innovative features! I am interested in the country of origin of the project?

The possibilities are endless i just hope they will manage to attract enough users for platform to really show all the true potential. I hope 25 % for marketing will be enough.
If they managed to attract many users the possibility of their platform to be successful, in this case we suggest they make the platform work well and showed tremendous usefulness to users, as well as provide gifts for a refferal, I think it would work to attract more.

Actually i can give one spoiler on this, we will have a referral program in the ICO, but we dont want to let everything be about the ICO yet, First week of January we decided to announce the ICO and the requirements. Before that and before the ICO we want to strenghten our project and really share all our ideas without giving away our secrets.

The possibilities are endless i just hope they will manage to attract enough users for platform to really show all the true potential. I hope 25 % for marketing will be enough.
If they managed to attract many users the possibility of their platform to be successful, in this case we suggest they make the platform work well and showed tremendous usefulness to users, as well as provide gifts for a refferal, I think it would work to attract more.

We're not going anywhere we will make this possible, but the ICO will be a tremendous boost in development, that's why we having the ICO. People are really sceptical about ICO in general, but actually its a really good idea just abused by a lot people.

Maybe a great idea!

People in The Netherlands are more than welcome to visit our office and try out some VR with us, ofcourse they need to contact me, but this is how open we're for the community.
Mrboot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:18:59 PM

Well at start of all technology it's hard, look at bitcoin in 2013 (when i joined) it was not that secure and adopted as now exchanges just dissapeared and many coins around then are just gone now.
Exchanges like coinedup where simple exchanges that people now would never trust, but we didnt have a lot.

VR and AI will be big many companies are invested in VR and understand that they dont it for a high ROI now.

Dont forget people many of the creates NFT, also need a platform one day.

Mainstream, not yet. My ordered headset was delivered yesterday.
Unfortunately I had to realize that my smartphone does not have a gyrosensor and a borrowed one from my child not enough power
to look the CosmosCR demo fluently on their website.
But i can already play a little bit with the headset and borrowed smartphones from my friends when they visit me.

Cool

If possible do not bother with cardboard, you are going to have a pretty bad experience. Especially if you have a very cheap cardboard headset, the lenses are really bad and it is uncomfortable to wear.

One step up would be a Oculus Go or WMR for about 200 euro.

Solutions like cardboards are something would harm vr in long term. Because people will try them and think this tech is sucks and will avoid vr systems at all.

Not necessarily, my device has cost 50 €, so it is not really a "card" board and even if it is not perfect, I get to know the basics.
That makes me curious rather than deterred. After all, I also know that the development is still in its infancy.
And do not forget that companies like the New York Times sent 1 million cardboards to their subscribers. (https://investors.nytco.com/default.aspx?SectionId=cd9b6ddf-fd02-4549-a050-ed04febf7e89&LanguageId=1&PressReleaseId=59b67d11-31a4-4f7a-a761-ec9e70d11f97).
In this way, till July 2016, around 16 million Google Cardboards have come into circulation.
That is not to be underestimated.

Cardboard are the first step to VR and i see them as a huge marketing tool. We might need to review this for CosmosCR! Thanks for another idea.

it's also the fact that headsets are really expensive so far.unless they get cheaper you won't get a huge market.

I believe in a few years they will, not very drastically cheaper but pheraps more affordable. At the moment the problem with top vr headset is that require a top pc as well

I think the high end will always stay expensive, but the ones that are now high end will than be cheap and they are already insane now. People cant imagine the experience.

We where on Crypto Friday with a small stand showing people VR, and off all no one said damn this is awefull EVERYONE was super impressed and some contact us about details of the
equipment cause they would love to buy it.

We're in talk with some groups and people, but the platform first need to evolve more and we need to prove to be better for them and we will that just need time.

We actually are even talking to some other companies that do company courses in first aid and safety trainings for european ships. Now creating the simulators and flying people
over to a specific location cost the companies a lot of money and time.

That would be great and that's a great aim for sure, but we have to be realistic in this period. We dont have the project complete yet so they cant build on it yet.
So we pref to focus our current time and resources at the product.

We have a growing team with now over 11 people for the company and 6 extra in marketing. We didnt do any ICO or presale before so all this is coming out of my own pocket
and well the market isnt really optimal  Roll Eyes . We believe we will form great partnerships cause our project will be great.
Mrboot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:47:22 PM

Well eventually if they want to create a game on our platform they are more then welcome, at this stage thats just a dream. Also i think if we had partnerships with companies like EA and Ubisoft
than we would probably not even have an ICO, just release a full dpos chain with a pow period.

Sadly we dont have this luxury, but we will have great things comming we're not scared of that.

Yea but we're a platform that is kinda in a small unique innovative niche.

You cant expect big players to play by your rules but if this grows big enough, some big company might buy it and use and develop it by themselves which would also mean a huge chance for a profit later on.

If companies copy your tech that means your doing exremly well. We're raising not a huge amount of money if we are at that stage that would mean that probably the ICO participants will
be super happy about what we did and made. Also many companies focus on centralized systems cause that can earn you much more.

We make a non profit foundation that raise all the money after the ICO (selling land etc. and NFT) , cause we dont need more money to create it after the product should be improved not our pockets. This is something a big company can never compete with or would do probably.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2828
Merit: 605

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 09:06:36 PM

the vr is still to be explored and still has to show all its potentialities, cosmoscr is a very interesting project and i think that if the team will be successful through marketing to have many users at the launch of the platform,project will be a success comparable to second life...
crypt0sc0pe

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 09:43:03 PM

Merry Christmas to all community!

Some questions from Russian thread:

If the dynamic world will grow, the number of territories and owners in this world will increase. And what is the point of acquiring territory, and even in the virtual world? What is the monetization of this whole venture? What is the project ROI?
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 12:27:39 AM

What do you think about VRChat and do you think they are a competitor to CosmosCR? Are you targeting the same demographic or does CosmosCR offer features that will get VRChat users to move to CosmosCR?
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:15:39 AM

That would be great and that's a great aim for sure, but we have to be realistic in this period. We dont have the project complete yet so they cant build on it yet.

We have a growing team with now over 11 people for the company and 6 extra in marketing. We didnt do any ICO or presale before so all this is coming out of my own pocket
and well the market isnt really optimal  Roll Eyes . We believe we will form great partnerships cause our project will be great.

Why you have so long roadmap (Alpha in Q3 and Beta in Q4 2019)? You started developing product already or will start after ICO?
Simss

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:20:21 AM

and well the market isnt really optimal  Roll Eyes . We believe we will form great partnerships cause our project will be great.

Why you have so long roadmap (Alpha in Q3 and Beta in Q4 2019)? You started developing product already or will start after ICO?
That is common in coins created by ICO.
We know that ICO collects money from investors and if it doesn't collect money, then it could be that the making of BETA failed. LOL

Cryptocurrency is hard, man!
martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:40:39 AM

We know that ICO collects money from investors and if it doesn't collect money, then it could be that the making of BETA failed. LOL

Yes, that is the difference between IPO and ICO.
You can conduct an ICO regardless of the progress of your project. So the dangerous thing that usually happens in crypto market is there are many ICO projects be created without knowing their market or just putting the "global" market statistics without knowing if there are enough people who want their projects and will specifically use them.
Theyre just about to find the market with the ICO funds, do trials and errors with ICO funds.

So we need to know the answer of magisterr's question above, that will be a very important information.
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 09:22:24 AM

You can conduct an ICO regardless of the progress of your project. So the dangerous thing that usually happens in crypto market is there are many ICO projects be created without knowing their market or just putting the "global" market statistics without knowing if there are enough people who want their projects and will specifically use them.
Theyre just about to find the market with the ICO funds, do trials and errors with ICO funds.

So we need to know the answer of magisterr's question above, that will be a very important information.

This is a good point. If the project hasn't started coding yet this would be a big disappointment for many people as you usually expect the founder to be a coder so that there is at least something ready before you collect the money.
omwibya

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:33:49 AM

the vr is still to be explored and still has to show all its potentialities, cosmoscr is a very interesting project and i think that if the team will be successful through marketing to have many users at the launch of the platform,project will be a success comparable to second life...

let's see if the headsets become cheaper and the technology gets mass adoption. that's what's going to push VR projects forward.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
Mrboot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:40:07 AM

This is a good point. If the project hasn't started coding yet this would be a big disappointment for many people as you usually expect the founder to be a coder so that there is at least something ready before you collect the money.

Good questions people, we already started and like you see we have pretty tight ETA's. Now its mostly about testing and finding the best solutions for the problems, the coding will be a lot work but not the problem at all. Designing the complete framework that is much harder and time consuming.

This is not a long roadmap, dont forget we dont just make a copy paste project. We're creating everything from scratch including the data sharing system (we will release an article soon about this the CTO is working on this now). And all different aspects that need to be combined and optimised so it can last for a decades not be absolute in a year.

We think our data sharing system will give us a big advantage over competitors.

This takes a lot planning and work, we could already have something online that doesnt work properly just to raise money, but would that make sense in the long term.

Just as extra addition we will work in a Agile Scrum methodology, so the ETA's on the roadmap are the big components but a lot will be delivered in iterations to keep the community involved and get fast feedback. This is also great for the complete community cause it keeps them happy.

We cant write everything in the roadmap, cause that wont make sense. Think about avatars design and interaction, Setting up first city inc roads, parks, public buildings. This are things that will also be done just not listed on the roadmap.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: