Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:35:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think altcoins will be used for in the future.  (Read 21884 times)
NordBoeeren (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 12:04:11 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2019, 09:20:39 PM by NordBoeeren

I recently got involved in a altcoin that you will actually be able to use for something else then just trading. MCPC will launch soon, coin specs just came out. It's a mn coin that will be used for buying prepaid phonecard in Croatia and phone accessory, and the expand to more European countries.
I'll put in a link if anyone wants to check it out Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5080600.new

update on the coin i mentioned, the blockchain and Masternodes are up and running and it is starting to take of, so if there would be a time to look in to the project that time would be now!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NordBoeeren (OP)

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 12:12:59 AM

On another topic, who do I have to blow to get some merit on this forum,lol ? seriously it is hard to get anywhere on this forum, but I'm quite good with VPS and masternodes and I am willing to help for some merits.
Lalafell

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 08:21:28 AM

Nowadays many altcoin has been created and all of them have different purposes so I think altcoin will also have use in the future like bitcoin. As a matter of fact many altcoin are already have use right now and some of them can be use in exchange stuff in online.
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 03:15:59 PM

The only place I think altcoins has a future in is gambling, normal gambling but first and foremost e-betting.I can not see how it will take over  from normal currency's in the world of buying or selling any other goods then btc. The main reason I think this is that nobody wants to be that guy that bought two pizzas for 10000 btc 5 years from now, so i cant really see what else it has a real future in. But that is only my opinion, What do you guys think?

Some altcoins will be used it some ways of making life easy, but I know that a lot of it will be useless and will have no use at all.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 03:57:50 PM

I still think banking is the number one place it needs to be implemented on. There are banks that is trying to figure something out with Ripple and trying to find a way to connect all bank accounts around the world with the blockchain of ripple in order to make sending money a lot quicker, a lot more secure and a lot cheaper but it is moving at a glacial speed for now.

The moment banking is really putting blockchain to the test and actually getting a great result from it, other places will start to adopt that same thing as well, when you tell any company "HSBC and Citi all use this software" it will be much much easier to convince them. Medical centers, pharmacies, sports, gambling, real estate and many more like that have a huge spot that blockchain could actually fill.
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 04:00:41 PM

In my opinion this will indeed be returned to the community where they really need it or not and feel helped or not because they themselves will determine the blockchai

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 04:17:40 PM

IMO, it's difficult to see altcoin can be use in restaurant except it's popularity as high as bitcoin.
Even ETH that already reach 2nd position, I'm seldom to see any merchant that accept ETH.

That's why I consider altcoin are not real because they are "copy cat" from bitcoin at the first time !

Smiley
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 05:22:27 PM

Nowadays many altcoin has been created and all of them have different purposes so I think altcoin will also have use in the future like bitcoin. As a matter of fact many altcoin are already have use right now and some of them can be use in exchange stuff in online.
Not all of them having different purposes if you notice most of them are having the same repeated purposes.
When there will be no uniqueness among altcoins, we cannot expect them to be surviving.

Yes, all altcoin may be used in the future but only very few but definitely not all the coins that we are having right now.
harleymasters

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 09:02:45 PM

From my personal point of view, I totally disagree with your opinion. The introduction of bitcoin in 2009 brought a new future to the world's financial system. The meaning of the birth of bits is to minimize the inflation that can cause harm to individuals with economic potentials that are not strong enough. Bit will make the world flatter like google and facebook are doing
Crystal Method

Activity: 61

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 02:39:58 AM

The only place I think altcoins has a future in is gambling, normal gambling but first and foremost e-betting.I can not see how it will take over  from normal currency's in the world of buying or selling any other goods then btc. The main reason I think this is that nobody wants to be that guy that bought two pizzas for 10000 btc 5 years from now, so i cant really see what else it has a real future in. But that is only my opinion, What do you guys think?

I think most of altcoin will be useless in the future and be used for nothing. But I guess there will be some coins that will be useful.

Now there are a lot of garbage in the crypto field after the 2017, I think in the near future most of the altcoins will die and we will have the deal only with real projects with real engine.
anggi

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 08:33:00 AM

of course my mind is different. gambling is not the only place for altcoins in the future. even for now, every altcoin has their own development, whether it's in real estate, program development, and other things. it certainly will make it easier for us to use altcoins in the future.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 11:45:48 AM

of course altcoins will still be used as currency purpose and as well as an asset purpose . nothing wont change on them even if how many years will passed .  the only changes that we will see is their values because in the future all cryptos including altcoins will surely pump  based on the rumors .  many have claimed that when more cryptos are mined , their value can also increase plus the adoption can also become wider after the sec/etf approves bitcoin  .
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 01:21:01 PM

Facebook-coin (no oficial name yet) will be used for most simpl(ier) payments around the world in messenger and whatsapp

omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 02:07:24 PM

Most of the altcoins are developed to solve one ecomical or societal problem.  I believe that most of us do read the whitepaper of must of the projects that we do develop and how those projects could be used to solve one problem or the other.  In future most of the altcoins you see today will be like shares and stock and the altcoin market will be like stock market.
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 07:49:26 PM

Facebook-coin (no oficial name yet) will be used for most simpl(ier) payments around the world in messenger and whatsapp

Trusting only some altcoins will not be helpful for your future because the investment that you are made me also be not valuable in the period of future that's why saving your money will also be very important for the future but it will not happen in all time some of the long term investment also be profitable in sometimes.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 08:30:44 PM

In future alts will be used for the exact same reason they're 'used' today - to get more dollars.

People say 'there's no way there can be more alts'. I think it's only just started to get warmed up. There'll be so many shitcoins peddling shit that it'll make our heads spin. You'll need a staff of thousands to keep you informed.

Soon enough there'll be a two tier market. There'll be blue riband exchanges that only the decent ish coins get on and stay on. Everything below will be scrabbling around in the nether regions of the internet ferociously snapping at scraps.

There's a little glimpse of that on this very forum. Compare the Bitcoin sections to shitholes like the bounties section. It's a hurricane of incomprehensible junk that will never amount to squat yet people will continue to lap it up.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 02:41:10 AM

Some altcoins will be used it some ways of making life easy, but I know that a lot of it will be useless and will have no use at all.
Useless did you think? You mentioned that some altcoins have a function to simplify work and life? of course that altcoin has that function will survive in the future, for example Ethereum. Ethereum has a platform for ico investors, and of course this facility will always be used until the future, so Ethereum will remain useful until the future
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 05:56:23 AM

Yes, altcoins will be used in future because already you can see there are some coins being using by some retailers in different countries like Singapore, Venezuela, Malta and in the coming days this adoption will still increase more in the market.
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 08:34:09 AM

Trusting only some altcoins will not be helpful for your future because the investment that you are made me also be not valuable in the period of future that's why saving your money will also be very important for the future but it will not happen in all time some of the long term investment also be profitable in sometimes.

come on. you have to use punctuation. I didn't understand one sentence, of those 4 or 5 or how many that you wrote there

manggis97

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 08:33:44 AM

Alot of project  that make crypto easy to use for daily transaction, just like pundi X.  By use this device we can make payment in crypto to buy good and service.  I think mass adoption of crypto will keep continue and blockchain technology will give more benefits.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: