Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:40:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread  (Read 49489 times)
Fenboy

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2020, 05:18:35 PM

I would like to remote access my 2x Apollo’s. What ports do I need to forward?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mickeykool

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 03, 2020, 07:28:01 PM

Heads up for those that have the node running on your apollo. I have not checked mine in weeks but today I went to check on the node and etc.  For some reason it stopped but my miner was still working.  Not sure how long it was offline. 

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2020, 08:11:35 PM

Heads up for those that have the node running on your apollo. I have not checked mine in weeks but today I went to check on the node and etc.  For some reason it stopped but my miner was still working.  Not sure how long it was offline.  

mines at 28 days but still shows online. but it is a good idea to check regularly.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
2FastMiner

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 05:09:37 PM

Just checked on mine today.  Completely shut down.  No fan. No blinking lights. Not mining. It was down almost 12 hours.  No idea why.  Could someone be remotely shutting it down for malicious reasons?
torynfarr

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 11, 2020, 03:26:54 PM

After a power outage this past Monday, the miner on my Apollo will no longer start. The node starts just fine, but the miner is offline and fails to start... with no error messages displayed when I attempt to start it. I've tried fully shutting down the Apollo, disconnecting the power, and powering it back on - but the miner never starts (only the node starts).

My Apollo (and the official PSU) is on a pretty hefty surge protector, so I don't think it sustained electrical damaged. (Plus, it seems unlikely that electrical damage would leave the Apollo partially functional like this).

My guess is that the issue was caused by it failing to shutdown properly during the outage (during which time the power flickered on and off several times).

Any ideas? Do I need to reimage the SD card and start over?

I'm running Apollo Web v0.1.0 beta.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2020, 03:29:36 PM

After a power outage this past Monday, the miner on my Apollo will no longer start. The node starts just fine, but the miner is offline and fails to start... with no error messages displayed when I attempt to start it. I've tried fully shutting down the Apollo, disconnecting the power, and powering it back on - but the miner never starts (only the node starts).

My Apollo (and the official PSU) is on a pretty hefty surge protector, so I don't think it sustained electrical damaged. (Plus, it seems unlikely that electrical damage would leave the Apollo partially functional like this).

My guess is that the issue was caused by it failing to shutdown properly during the outage (during which time the power flickered on and off several times).

if the node is working - I would leave the usb drive alone as it stand now, and just try re-imaging the sd card.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
June 11, 2020, 09:14:02 PM

Yea if the power went in an out multiple times the SD card probably got corrupted. A re-image should fix it.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
torynfarr

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 05:50:27 AM

Yea if the power went in an out multiple times the SD card probably got corrupted. A re-image should fix it.

Yep, re-imaged the SD card and the problem was solved! Thanks for the advice! "ComEd... you owe me 0.01 LTC for a day or two of lost mining!" 😉
jarvisparvis

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 02:22:00 PM

Ive had my batch 1 since day 1 and has always been a sturdy little machine with relatively few glitches. Since upgrading the MCU to enable node support ive had problems.
I have a feeling its because the MCU runs hot and causes problems i.e network disconnects and then the machine fails. It seems to happen when the MCU hits 45 degrees at about 1hour even in ECO.

Tried with out node and still no luck, downgraded to image 1.29 and still the same. Finally replaced the original MCU and every things fine again obviously with out node support though.

So now running back on 1.29 image with original batch 1 MCU and its running sweet even in turbo mode the MCU bearly reaches 27 degrees. Compared to the Masternode version which runs upto 45 degrees and then glitches the machine.

Is this something software could fix i.e change the parameters to let the MCU run hotter if thats what is does, or make it run cooler.

Thanks sticking to no maternode batch 1 setup until further advice.
iDisturbia

Merit: 6

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 03:27:34 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

Ive had my batch 1 since day 1 and has always been a sturdy little machine with relatively few glitches. Since upgrading the MCU to enable node support ive had problems.
I have a feeling its because the MCU runs hot and causes problems i.e network disconnects and then the machine fails. It seems to happen when the MCU hits 45 degrees at about 1hour even in ECO.

Tried with out node and still no luck, downgraded to image 1.29 and still the same. Finally replaced the original MCU and every things fine again obviously with out node support though.

So now running back on 1.29 image with original batch 1 MCU and its running sweet even in turbo mode the MCU bearly reaches 27 degrees. Compared to the Masternode version which runs upto 45 degrees and then glitches the machine.

Is this something software could fix i.e change the parameters to let the MCU run hotter if thats what is does, or make it run cooler.

Thanks sticking to no maternode batch 1 setup until further advice.

Any device running additional background / foreground services requires additional resources.

Apollo is a small device with an absolute min amount power (RAM, CPU etc). So running it as node pushes it even further - plus higher temp.

I ran mine with node for a while (batch 2) and noticed was getting more invalid shares than before! It was also running a little hotter. So, I stopped it.

Certainly if it was making some amount of respectable LTC, I would take one for the team of giant LTC miners for sure!!

Those who mine like 50+ LTC / day, they should purchase as many Apollo as Futurebit can produce and run their own nodes to help secure the LTC world!
VictorGT

Activity: 748
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 12:03:06 AM

Great thank you so much jstefanop for all the work !
Here is a feature request for next update :

For example, I'd like to have the possibility to set the miner on balanced mode from 07:00PM to 07:00 AM and on another mode for another amount of time set in hours.

What do you think ?

This would be very nice... By night (cheaper electricity) FULL MODE, by day ECO mode... Please jstefanop, think about it...

People (like me) with high electricity prices need this. And this will be a new feature no other ASIC has (pro miners don't need this, but hobby/home miners need it). Sure you are trying to build a "different miner" Wink.

Don't forget this, please. Not sure if easy to add this feature. I have kwh price about 0,10 € with sunlight. About 0.05 € by night. You know  Wink.
vsc-miner

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 05:19:59 PM

@jstefanop

Are full LTC nodes getting any rewards for validating transactions? maybe a silly question or already answered before. Thanks
almartins

Activity: 47
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 09:08:03 PM

Great thank you so much jstefanop for all the work !
Here is a feature request for next update :

For example, I'd like to have the possibility to set the miner on balanced mode from 07:00PM to 07:00 AM and on another mode for another amount of time set in hours.

What do you think ?

This would be very nice... By night (cheaper electricity) FULL MODE, by day ECO mode... Please jstefanop, think about it...

People (like me) with high electricity prices need this. And this will be a new feature no other ASIC has (pro miners don't need this, but hobby/home miners need it). Sure you are trying to build a "different miner" Wink.

Don't forget this, please. Not sure if easy to add this feature. I have kwh price about 0,10 € with sunlight. About 0.05 € by night. You know  Wink.

I emphasize that this option is very important.
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1605
Merit: 1568

精神分析的爸

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 09:22:05 PM

Are full LTC nodes getting any rewards for validating transactions? maybe a silly question or already answered before. Thanks

No, you don't get any reward for running a LTC full node.
You are validating blocks and their transactions only for the integrity of your local blockchain copy not for anybody else. Though once you are synched people can also download blocks from you.

vsc-miner

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 08:48:33 PM

Hummm, interesting, so my full node is not validating transactions from everyone else even when connected to the publicj network? If I do not make transactions on my own then what is the point? how is that we are helping the network?

No, you don't get any reward for running a LTC full node.
You are validating blocks and their transactions only for the integrity of your local blockchain copy not for anybody else. Though once you are synched people can also download blocks from you.

VictorGT

Activity: 748
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 09:58:05 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2020, 10:13:26 PM by VictorGT

Hummm, interesting, so my full node is not validating transactions from everyone else even when connected to the publicj network? If I do not make transactions on my own then what is the point? how is that we are helping the network?

Of course, no. Only fullnodes+mining add transactions to the blockchain (this means full nodes from pools, and private big miners doing solo-mining).

Full nodes whithout mining only helps by checking blocks (blockchain integrity), and spread them to the network.
Fenboy

View Profile
June 29, 2020, 06:00:17 PM

I would like to remote access my 2x Apollo’s. What ports do I need to forward?

Thanks

Can anyone help with this.  Huh

I have forwarded port 80 but get stuck on the setup page, even though the Apollo is working (for months)
Afrosaxon

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 03:59:34 PM

Hey there. I've run into a problem after adding 2 additional units. I was able to setup the 2 new units and can see their dashboards, but now I am unable to access the dashboard for the first unit. I can see it is still mining at the pool it was set to but I cannot get to the dashboard. I used Angry IP scanner and can see the two new units listed but the first unit is not on the list.
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2020, 06:17:42 PM

Hey there. I've run into a problem after adding 2 additional units. I was able to setup the 2 new units and can see their dashboards, but now I am unable to access the dashboard for the first unit. I can see it is still mining at the pool it was set to but I cannot get to the dashboard. I used Angry IP scanner and can see the two new units listed but the first unit is not on the list.

CHECK YOUR ANTIVIRUS--

Your AV software may be blocking the graphics update pushed from the Apollo.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
Afrosaxon

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 13, 2020, 04:57:03 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2020, 05:22:02 PM by Afrosaxon

CHECK YOUR ANTIVIRUS--

Your AV software may be blocking the graphics update pushed from the Apollo.       --scryptr

Thank you.

I need to flash my SD card on two of the units after some suspected corruption due to a prolonged power outage. I downloaded the img file and etcher.io and was able to flash the cards successfully. When I powered on the two units one of them made a small sound and then stopped with no lights visible. The other unit started up lights flashing and the fan stuck in high speed. I have been unable to tell it to stop running so I turned it off.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: