Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:33:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984418 times)
jamieb81

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 05:06:54 PM

Both, because both are very valuable in my opinion, where the price of gold is sometimes the price goes up so does bitcoin.two invaluable

I would say 25 % for gold which is for a long term and slow profit but 75 % for bitcoin with a lot of market research and keeping myself updated for a good profit in short span of time then making a capital out of those profit and investing 50% of it into bitcoin and 50% into trading for that even it ends up in failure it will be the capital made up of profit but it will never happen as bitcoin has gained stability with few fluctuations.
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 09:47:21 PM

Bitcoins easily. Who invests in gold these days? Only people 50+ in my experience.

When my generation, the Millennials, wants to invest in a safe haven assets some time in the future, I think they will go for an asset that is more limited, transportable, divisible, fungible, easier to secure and easier to trade than gold, namely BTC. Not to say that bitcoin has greater potential than gold, which seems to go nowhere in terms of value.

i think people still know gold rather than bitcoin because they can see the physic of gold than bitcoin and we can see that gold is the best investment for them. but if they know about bitcoin, i think they will choose bitcoin than gold. and if bitcoin is introduce to more people, maybe bitcoin will become famous as the same as gold too.
to me i think both are good options. but still i will chose bitcoin, as bitcoin can give me a good profit as compare to gold because gold has a very stable price and there is a very little change in the price of bitcoin.
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 10:25:20 PM

Both, because both are very valuable in my opinion, where the price of gold is sometimes the price goes up so does bitcoin.two invaluable

Most of those who are new to bitcoin or not aware of bitcoin would choose gold due to the stability of gold but who have more knowledge about bitcoin and have done enough research about bitcoin will go for bitcoin because the percentage of profit in a short time which you can earn with bitcoin is way higher than what you can get as profit from investing in gold even after years. But there are some safe players like you who will prefer both which is really good.
agamasrori

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 12:07:56 AM

Most of those who are new to bitcoin or not aware of bitcoin would choose gold due to the stability of gold but who have more knowledge about bitcoin and have done enough research about bitcoin will go for bitcoin because the percentage of profit in a short time which you can earn with bitcoin is way higher than what you can get as profit from investing in gold even after years. But there are some safe players like you who will prefer both which is really good.
people who knew about bitcoin will fear the volatility of bitcoin. but I think it depends on amount of capital owned, if it only had a small capital then choose the gold will not be sufficiently profitable. but if you choose bitcoin then the profit that can be obtained is very much.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
RedX

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 02:43:48 AM

For me I still go with gold. No doubt that even if it takes a millenium gold will still be valuable. Unlike bitcoin, there could be an instance that some coin would take over it and takes its place. Gold are very precious and its source is unlimited.
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 03:04:02 AM

For me I still go with gold. No doubt that even if it takes a millenium gold will still be valuable. Unlike bitcoin, there could be an instance that some coin would take over it and takes its place. Gold are very precious and its source is unlimited.
Gold has never been surpassed by any form of investment AFAIK, but bitcoin is still new and has a lot of potential. We who believes in the future of bitcoin are putting our money and effort on it as with a small amount of investment, it can give us a good return when the success will continue.
Also, with bitcoin we can have an active early thru day trading which for me not possible with gold.

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 03:37:21 AM

Gold= Nature Made
Bitcoin= Computer Generated crypto currency
For me when we're talking about long long term. I'll choose gold cause it's been around in this world long before us. If a catastrophy will happen that will cause the whole internet to be down. Bitcoin will be no more.

Smart thinking. Indeed it is basically something that is not made in a way that is natural, then someday will decline (missing). The difference in gold and also the bitcoin does exist at creation and also on the price. But for now it would be much better or benefit when we use gold for the long term and also the bitcoin for short, for if we can't utilize things will be much worse

youdacapt

Activity: 1834
Merit: 295

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 04:07:05 AM

Gold= Nature Made
Bitcoin= Computer Generated crypto currency
For me when we're talking about long long term. I'll choose gold cause it's been around in this world long before us. If a catastrophy will happen that will cause the whole internet to be down. Bitcoin will be no more.

Smart thinking. Indeed it is basically something that is not made in a way that is natural, then someday will decline (missing). The difference in gold and also the bitcoin does exist at creation and also on the price. But for now it would be much better or benefit when we use gold for the long term and also the bitcoin for short, for if we can't utilize things will be much worse

We have entered the digital era, issues such as internet destruction will always evolve to be refined and will not happen. I believe completely against bitcoin for long term. It all depends on our mindset to technological progress. I myself also save some gold and land property, but it was only for micro investment.

As long as our mind is still running, we must continue to manage bitcoin as much as possible. Bitcoin be great is because the full confidence of its users.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 05:43:41 AM

if there is a choice bitcoin or gold I definitely would choose bitcoin, because now it harganyta has started to increase every year always go up, and the market was also now many users. This is a business opportunity in the current era
That's true gold barely gives 1-2% returns per year sometimes it also gives us loss while bitcoin has proven to provide better returns after each year plus it is being recognised by more people daily that also gives a huge bump in the price. If it continues like this I can guarantee that by end of 2017 bitcoin will be 2000$+ for sure.

The primary reason why there is good profit coming from bitcoin compared to gold is its age. Bitcoin is still young and has still a good potential to increase more in value. While gold is a very old commodity and that is why its price is stable and if there is an increase it will be in low percentage only. Another thing is that gold supply is very high compared to bitcoin which has limited supply and with this the higher the demand the higher the price of bitcoin will be.
So that's the main purpose and the only reason why bitcoin was introduced because it was made to make an alternative to gold. And it isn't our fault if gold has more supply plus it's old if someone is planning to invest in gold instead of bitcoin and also if you see the awareness more people are aware of gold instead bitcoin but still bitcoin is better
mastermold

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 03:32:43 PM

Bitcoin - gold will hold its purchase value if something goes wrong with the US dollar, while bit coin will skyrocket if something goes wrong with the US dollar. 

Bitcoin will probably skyrocket and gold will hold steady even if things are fine in the US due to everybody already knowing about gold, and adoption of bit coin driving prices.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 04:30:24 PM

Bitcoin - gold will hold its purchase value if something goes wrong with the US dollar, while bit coin will skyrocket if something goes wrong with the US dollar. 

If something is ever going to happen with the US dollar, then gold will obviously become the main form of hedge/currency that people will fall back to. Bitcoin on the other hand might surely gain value, but what's this gain worth when the US dollar for whatever reason becomes worthless? Nothing I believe. Gold will always remain the preferred solution for the majority of the people. This will most likely never change.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 05:00:16 PM

If something is ever going to happen with the US dollar, then gold will obviously become the main form of hedge/currency that people will fall back to. Bitcoin on the other hand might surely gain value, but what's this gain worth when the US dollar for whatever reason becomes worthless? Nothing I believe. Gold will always remain the preferred solution for the majority of the people. This will most likely never change.

Exactly, majority prefers Gold than Bitcoin, mostly because they are unable to believe the potential of Bitcoin or unknown to it. But I think it have a possibility of changing and both may be equivalent in importance among peoples. At the moment people believe Gold more than Bitcoin, but profit hunters will stick with Bitcoins.
scarface

Activity: 350

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 07:19:24 PM

Exactly, majority prefers Gold than Bitcoin, mostly because they are unable to believe the potential of Bitcoin or unknown to it. But I think it have a possibility of changing and both may be equivalent in importance among peoples. At the moment people believe Gold more than Bitcoin, but profit hunters will stick with Bitcoins.

There are very few people who knows about bitcoin so they invest their money in gold as they are seeing gold since its inception and comparatively bitcoin is very new as a currency and also as a form of investment so people don't have that high level of faith in bitcoin as they can have in gold but once they come across through the potential of bitcoins they will surely start diversifying their investments in both gold and bitcoins.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 07:49:25 PM

Bitcoin will probably skyrocket and gold will hold steady even if things are fine in the US due to everybody already knowing about gold, and adoption of bit coin driving prices.
That is a perfect logic for anyone who will be confused in between both of them. Now the time of gold is finished when traders will earn from it. Now gold is used only for jewelry while bitcoin is a better option for traders. They will earn a high profit from bitcoin which was not possible with gold.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 08:10:05 PM

Both are good at there own way, but btc price goes much higher than the gold, reason why people trust gold it is existing from the centuries and changing the mindset of the people are not so easy, As we all know btc is decentralized so becoming much popular among the public is difficult but still we can say that it will become the best option for the btc users.

thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 08:28:50 PM

Both are good at there own way, but btc price goes much higher than the gold, reason why people trust gold it is existing from the centuries and changing the mindset of the people are not so easy, As we all know btc is decentralized so becoming much popular among the public is difficult but still we can say that it will become the best option for the btc users.

The supply of gold is not limited so it will never go to extreme high level in future but the bitcoins are very limited and that makes it unique as when demand will get higher in future it will have huge impact on the higher price of bitcoin and if people understand this then they will start investing in bitcoins.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 09:06:31 PM

Both are essential in this life. Gold is like it has gain the trust of the people, it is very secure to use, btc is not much popular among all  that is the difference rather than from both we get the benefit. however my personal opinion you need to invest in btc as well gold so that you get benefit from all the way.  
kennyS

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 09:08:07 PM

bitcoin
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 11:04:05 PM

Bitcoin - Someone can hack you, rob you, scam you, you can lose wallet because fire, flood, earthquake, you can lost passwords, private keys, send to wrong address etc.

Gold - Someone can steal it from you.

So - gold.
Well bitcoin is intangible so you cant hold it but you can store it and you can save it. Has great price and can be mined by everyone. It can be scammed, it can be hacked but you cant rob it because as I say it is intangible unlike gold.
Gold is tangible which is really its disadvantage. Can be robbed, can be spotted and be observed. Hijacked and other words for rob and steal. But it has stable price which is a good asset for investing.
GMPoison

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 01:21:02 AM

Bitcoin - Someone can hack you, rob you, scam you, you can lose wallet because fire, flood, earthquake, you can lost passwords, private keys, send to wrong address etc.

Gold - Someone can steal it from you.

So - gold.

Depends on what you're after.

If you're investing to take a chance on making huge returns, bitcoin is the way to go despite all of the negatives.

If you're investing to take far less risk for far less profits and simply want to diversify your net worth, gold is easily the way to go.
Pages: « 1 ... 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: