Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:50:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 [367] 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984414 times)
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:37:11 AM

looks price bitcoin for now, both of them very good for investment..
but i still prefer with gold, because gold have real fisik and prce always going up
The price of gold is far from always going up. It's less volatile, however it does experience some decent long-term volatility in both directions. Gold used to be available for something like $1.7k/ounce, but now it's trading in the mid $1.2k if I remember the last spot value I saw correctly.

While having physical things is always a plus, Bitcoin, in today's world so far, is pretty good overall for what it is supposed to do.
As the price of the gold is not that volatile compared to the bitcoin but gold has been the option for safe investment and that is because gold was the precious thing  that people store and save and use for purchase at some point for a really long time, and it stayed that way for thousands of years, and I think that as time goes by we will see the bitcoin having the same situation as gold.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:08:07 PM

but i still prefer with gold, because gold have real fisik and prce always going up
The price of gold is far from always going up. It's less volatile, however it does experience some decent long-term volatility in both directions. Gold used to be available for something like $1.7k/ounce, but now it's trading in the mid $1.2k if I remember the last spot value I saw correctly.

While having physical things is always a plus, Bitcoin, in today's world so far, is pretty good overall for what it is supposed to do.
As the price of the gold is not that volatile compared to the bitcoin but gold has been the option for safe investment and that is because gold was the precious thing  that people store and save and use for purchase at some point for a really long time, and it stayed that way for thousands of years, and I think that as time goes by we will see the bitcoin having the same situation as gold.
I can't see that bitcoin will follow the footsteps of gold because first of all gold is a physical item and it can be keep even if there is a war going on and you can still save it even there is no internet connection or electricity while bitcoin cannot do that. And second one bitcoin is just a internet thing and even though it is not popular as well as gold, the network of bitcoin is now slow in terms of its confirmation so how slow it will be when there is a bunch of holders and investors of bitcoin? So for me there is no chance for bitcoin to stay even at least a hundred years.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 09:16:18 AM

You seem to be severely misinformed

And you may want to actually take a look at the gold price chart for the last 50 years. You will see that if we take a long enough timeframe, gold will be as volatile as any other asset out there (Bitcoin included). For example, in 2011 (if I'm not mistaken) gold reached an ATH (without adjusting for dollar inflation, i.e. in absolute values) of over 1,800 dollars per ounce, and in the next couple of years it lost well over 30% of its value. Next time check the facts

aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 11:53:43 AM

Since Bitcoin is still basically new and hasn't really gone mainstream yet, we are still in the early stages of it's growth. I think there is a lot of potential for Bitcoin whereas gold is already established and it is less likely to have a huge increase in value. Basically Bitcoin is riskier, but has more potential for a big increase in value.
Bibite

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 01:57:07 PM

bitcoin is good if you are looking for quick profits or if you are a strong believer of the bitcoin potential and you are sure the price will be more high in some months or years. Gold is good if you are looking to secure your assets for a 5-10 years period and want to be safe
Haladay

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:04:52 PM

Since Bitcoin is still basically new and hasn't really gone mainstream yet, we are still in the early stages of it's growth. I think there is a lot of potential for Bitcoin whereas gold is already established and it is less likely to have a huge increase in value. Basically Bitcoin is riskier, but has more potential for a big increase in value.

That is really true. Even its 7 year old background, we're still in the very early stages of bitcoin. It has a good potential. Then let's see what the future bring us.
stergium

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 08:30:26 PM

bitcoin is good if you are looking for quick profits or if you are a strong believer of the bitcoin potential and you are sure the price will be more high in some months or years. Gold is good if you are looking to secure your assets for a 5-10 years period and want to be safe
yes that is very right to say that bitcoin can give you a very quick profit, because when the price of bitcoin start increasing then it goes very high in no time and can give you a good profit.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 08:42:57 PM

It depends on what your definition of safe is. If you only look at cold hard profits, then 'securing' money into gold might not even be that rewarding. If you look to use gold as hedge, then you in the same time can skip that step, and head over directly to Bitcoin since it basically offers exactly that what gold offers, but then in a modern way. I personally will always prefer Bitcoin over anything else when it comes to investing, store of value, using it as a hedge, etc.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 08:59:54 PM

That is right that in the future the price of bitcoin will increase much high  because bitcoin is in its initial stage but as you are seeing that the demand and use of bitcoin is increasing everyday so it is not a risky currency but is a safe currency and it is proved from that last year.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 11:02:41 PM

I think it would be more difficult gold in store for the physical form? would be easily stolen too, if you save a lot of gold? different when you save a bitcoin, no matter how much it will be easily stored and flexible
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 04:58:01 AM

I think it would be more difficult gold in store for the physical form? would be easily stolen too, if you save a lot of gold? different when you save a bitcoin, no matter how much it will be easily stored and flexible

There are many ways you can secure your gold if you want and at the same time people can hack and steal bitcoins. There are few incidents that people lost bitcoins in exchanges. I believe that we should not worry much about how to store but we need to consider how much these products can grow over the time. I prefer to invest in both of them and more in gold and small investment in bitcoins,
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 05:37:08 AM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.
I would prefer to choose bitcoin, it is because of the volatility of bitcoin can give us more profit every now and then. In every movement of bitcoin there is an opportunity ahead for the traders to buy and sell in the market. While in Gold the motion is very slow though there is a guaranteed that it will increase the value too.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 06:07:28 AM

It's true, both of them are good investments but since most of the people doesn't know much about bitcoin. The advantage of investing on it is good because we are still considered as few in the market but once newcomers started to invest, it will be hard to get along with it already as the competition is going to be tough and the price will be higher.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 06:59:19 AM

I think it all depends on the economic conditions of each of us. if we only had a little money, then gold is not the best investment option. because even though the price of gold is more stable but price increases each year only 10% -20% every year. under conditions of those people who only have a small capital should choose bitcoin as an investment.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

vrm86

Activity: 676

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 08:59:41 AM

I think it all depends on the economic conditions of each of us. if we only had a little money, then gold is not the best investment option. because even though the price of gold is more stable but price increases each year only 10% -20% every year. under conditions of those people who only have a small capital should choose bitcoin as an investment.

To gain more profit with little investments you need to take higher risk. If someone has small capital, it doesn't always mean that it's not worth a lot for that person (e.g. this could be savings from several years). It depends on perspective and situation. If you could deal with eventually loss, go for BTC. Otherwise - gold.
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 09:48:29 AM

Obviously I would convert it to Bitcoin. I have many reasons to believe in bitcoin even after 10 years. First thing, Gold is an element which is precious, shiny and used as highly traded ornament but I believe the craze about it in next 10 years won't last that much as it is today! The 10 years from now would be DIGITAL world where there will value to digital stuff. People may not be interested in physical stuffs anymore. Gold may become talks of past and may drop in it's value drastically.

On the other hand in such digital world bitcoin will take place of safest investment and medium of trading the stuff around the globe. Due to increase in it's useful volume it will get more evaluation for it's price. Computing will increase a lot in the future and bitcoin will be more into picture frame. The clear vision of this can be seen today also. As you said 5 years passed away like sand in hand!

So for me Bitcoin is the only way to convert my money and store for next 10 years. :-)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 10:34:58 AM

Obviously I would convert it to Bitcoin. I have many reasons to believe in bitcoin even after 10 years. First thing, Gold is an element which is precious, shiny and used as highly traded ornament but I believe the craze about it in next 10 years won't last that much as it is today! The 10 years from now would be DIGITAL world where there will value to digital stuff. People may not be interested in physical stuffs anymore. Gold may become talks of past and may drop in it's value drastically.

On the other hand in such digital world bitcoin will take place of safest investment and medium of trading the stuff around the globe. Due to increase in it's useful volume it will get more evaluation for it's price. Computing will increase a lot in the future and bitcoin will be more into picture frame. The clear vision of this can be seen today also. As you said 5 years passed away like sand in hand!

So for me Bitcoin is the only way to convert my money and store for next 10 years. :-)
I don't think that just after 10 years, the world will be that advanced like people will like digital stuff and abandon physical stuff. The the question is, what will happen to the fiat or physical money? I don't think that bitcoin will be king after 10 years because there is still a lot of things to happen and we can't see what will happen in the future. Gold will still here after 10 years and it will become more expensive than now just like what will happen in bitcoin.
ekoice

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 11:16:44 AM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.
I would definitely chose bitcoins.Gold cannot give as much returns as bitcoin in the next ten years.As far as security is considered,bitcoin works in a secured block chain system and no need to worry about our investments.Even when we consider about transporting gold or bitcoins,bitcoins could be easily sent to any parts of the world quickly unlike gold which has serious security issues for sending.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 12:07:45 PM

I will choose bitcoin over gold as to make profits from gold I need to wait for a longer time and price of gold is also stable so holding it too long can be really boring for me as I am very much interested in making quick profits which is possible only with bitcoin.
Gold can't even be called an investment that's what i think because the price is change is really stable and in order for us to double our investment with gold it can take more than 20 years while in bitcoin to double our investment i think the max time would be 2 years.
i think we can also called it as investment. but the income that we can get from bitcoin is very limited. because we can expect a very little change in the price of bitcoin and we have to wait for a long long time.
I agree from few weeks the price of bitcoin isn't increasing a lot but that totally doesn't mean that it will show no progress in future also. And the change in price of bitcoin isn't little at all. If you invest in gold it will take years for an increase. But bitcoin isn't like that at all. Bitcoin is being accepted in man places now so increase is price will occur many times in a month now.
queen0608

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 12:14:45 PM

Bitcoin, absolutely.In the history of money, gold has always been very unsafe. Bitcoin in terms of security advantages over gold, bitcoin is better than gold reserve currency.
Pages: « 1 ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 [367] 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: