Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:02:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 [421] 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984418 times)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:53:57 AM

I think right now people should chose cryptocurrencies because of the high raising prices and bigger income from that.  Gold are not a bad investment also, but it's all depends on risks which we can get investing on both of this investments   

We can invest in both of them as bitcoin is looking good at a moment but not sure where it will land in future on the other hand gold is a safe investment and it can give good returns in long term but if you want to make more profits in quick time then you should go only for bitcoins.
if you think about long term bitcoin is most suited for that unlike gold bitcoin can still rise up double or more than that as gold will just make some
little movements but I'm not sure if that will still possible to go double on how long it will take to make it to double its value.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:30:00 AM

I think right now people should chose cryptocurrencies because of the high raising prices and bigger income from that.  Gold are not a bad investment also, but it's all depends on risks which we can get investing on both of this investments   

We can invest in both of them as bitcoin is looking good at a moment but not sure where it will land in future on the other hand gold is a safe investment and it can give good returns in long term but if you want to make more profits in quick time then you should go only for bitcoins.
if you think about long term bitcoin is most suited for that unlike gold bitcoin can still rise up double or more than that as gold will just make some
little movements but I'm not sure if that will still possible to go double on how long it will take to make it to double its value.

Bitcoin has the potential to really increase its price but we are not that certain though. With gold, it is stable that even if it will take some time, you are kind of feel secure that your investment will still be intact and may even increase its value.
corroze

Activity: 602
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:34:02 AM

Indeed with bitcoin can be twice the value of what we have, may not take too long, while gold to get a profit sometimes takes a relatively long time.
And for various business activities certainly more likely to choose bitcoin.
mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:38:25 AM

without hesitation, bitcoin. what is the use of gold reserves in the future if the paper money will be abolished? for jewelry probably but practicallity, i would choose bitcoin. in the near future bitcoin will be the prime mode of payments so gold will be outdated soon.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:56:53 AM

without hesitation, bitcoin. what is the use of gold reserves in the future if the paper money will be abolished? for jewelry probably but practicallity, i would choose bitcoin. in the near future bitcoin will be the prime mode of payments so gold will be outdated soon.

What? Gold will be outdated soon? What use is gold reserves if paper money is abolished? You do realize that long before paper money, stock markets, credit, and Bitcoin were even thought of, gold, silver, and copper were used as money? Even US dimes, quarters, half dollars and silver dollars were 90% silver until 1964 and pennies were 95% copper until mid-1983. The US dollar was at one time backed by gold and then backed by silver before it was backed by "the full faith and credit of the US government".

Japinat

Activity: 3010
Merit: 683

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 09:25:49 AM

Indeed with bitcoin can be twice the value of what we have, may not take too long, while gold to get a profit sometimes takes a relatively long time.
And for various business activities certainly more likely to choose bitcoin.
The chances of success in investing bitcoin is bigger because it's more risky and even though I know that reality I would still not gonna back down with my investment and I will give my time and effort to focus on this investment. Gold has been already stable for many years and I think all people knows about gold but only few of them has the capacity to invest, however with bitcoin anyone who are willing to risk his money has a chance to make a fortune on it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
TropicalDog17

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 09:38:46 AM

Gold is better if you want to keep your fortune for long time because its stability. But if you want to invest your money then bitcoin is a good choice
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 09:38:51 AM

I could ask you essentially the same question

Namely, what is the use of gold reserves right now when no paper (or any other) fiat is backed up by gold? So what will change when (if) paper money gets completely abandoned. I guess the answer should be rather straightforward, i.e. nothing would change. But countries are still hoarding gold, and those which already have insane amounts of it (like the US) are not going to part with it any time soon. In fact, they even refuse to return the gold that they are holding to its legitimate owners (here I refer to Germany trying to repatriate their gold from the US and failing miserably)

_Legendary_

Activity: 573
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:12:12 PM

Gold is better if you want to keep your fortune for long time because its stability. But if you want to invest your money then bitcoin is a good choice
I agree, but overall gold is better than bitcoin. The underlying thing because now all countries receive gold and even their foreign exchange is stored in the form of gold instead of bitcoin, but until now there has been no official state to save foreign exchange in the form of bitcoin.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:43:42 PM

I'm not an expert in these metals

All I can say is that palladium likely has a lot wider use in industry (for example, car making) than the other precious metals. This metal is known for its extremely high absorption capacity of hydrogen. This property allows to use the metal as a medium for efficient and safe hydrogen storage. Indeed, it may be not as efficient as liquid hydrogen itself, but I don't think many people would want to drive a car which can easily turn into a sort of "hydrogen" bomb, especially after someone actually gets blown up

Using Palladium for the storage of Hydrogen can be terribly expensive. Because it may require many ounces of Palladium, just to store enough Hydrogen to power the vehicle for 200 or 300 km. And considering the remaining Palladium reserves around the world, I have to say that they may be enough for only a few thousand vehicles at the most.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:48:31 PM

If i were you guys, i will just choose bitcoin because it is very worth it to invest our money in it because if you imagine that bitcoin just have a huge dip a few days ago and as of now, you can see that the dip is gone and the recovering phase is starting to happen and that is the magic of bitcoin over gold because in bitcoin, it is very easy to make money by just investing while in gold you need to wait a lot of time before you feel the profit.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Icoalert00

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:53:49 PM

for me as a student i prefer bitcoins because i don't really can afford the gold but bitcoin can it can help our economy in the future to reduce poverty for sure Smiley

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:00:14 PM

Bitcoin and gold are the two valuable assets that grow in value with respect to time. In specific bitcoin has a higher growth percentage whereas gold provides the better security for the investment. Right now people who have invested into bitcoin are in panic just because of the splitting. I hope the growth will continue even after August 1.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 03:24:16 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2017, 04:55:20 PM by deisik

I'm not an expert in these metals

All I can say is that palladium likely has a lot wider use in industry (for example, car making) than the other precious metals. This metal is known for its extremely high absorption capacity of hydrogen. This property allows to use the metal as a medium for efficient and safe hydrogen storage. Indeed, it may be not as efficient as liquid hydrogen itself, but I don't think many people would want to drive a car which can easily turn into a sort of "hydrogen" bomb, especially after someone actually gets blown up

Using Palladium for the storage of Hydrogen can be terribly expensive. Because it may require many ounces of Palladium, just to store enough Hydrogen to power the vehicle for 200 or 300 km. And considering the remaining Palladium reserves around the world, I have to say that they may be enough for only a few thousand vehicles at the most

I basically agree with that

But it is the same with lithium if we talk about all-electric cars. Lithium is also rather rare to support millions of electric cars. Nevertheless, palladium can still play a few important roles in the future car, i.e. not only as a hydrogen "fuel tank", but also as a catalyzer. In the not too distant future, we could fuel our cars with pure water, then split water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen with a palladium catalyzer, and then use this metal as a safe hydrogen storage medium. I guess we wouldn't actually need many ounces of it, just enough to keep the cycle going

Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:37:01 PM

I will choose gold because the price is stable
While bitcoin is very unstable
Bitcoin is stable in these days according to gold.  I would love to understand you. It is great way for me to understand you. Gold is increasing very slowly while bitcoin is increasing very rapidly(speedy,fastly). So gold having times in past. Now a day's people are interesting instead gold in bitcoins. So you should study about bitcoin.
blckhawk

Activity: 1540
Merit: 334

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:40:22 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.
I much prefer to convert my wealth on bitcoin because bitcoin has a possibiliy to become enormous price because of its unstable price. Besides I don't think that bitcoin will only exist around 5 years. Bitcoin is too you to perish and there are many things migh happen it could be an alternative payment someday hence we can't predict on what will happen in the future.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 05:08:38 AM

Bit coin and gold have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Gold while still being in the Commodities Market is something that is controlled by Steady fluctuations in the market value with supply and demand and of course with the new discoveries are being made in Africa at this moment. Bitcoin is based on nothing more than sheer and unadulterated rumor ISM game playing and information that has nothing to do with much at all.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
iamlds08

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 06:14:11 AM

I like to answer for both. I think after 10 years both maybe a lot of amount. We just don't know which will cost more.
Pakboy

Activity: 195

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 06:20:41 AM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.
There are many good qualities that the bitcoin and gold have but I will choose bitcoin rather than the gold.

Rhaizan

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 06:34:15 AM

There are many good qualities that the bitcoin and gold have but I will choose bitcoin rather than the gold.

Me too, i will choose bitcoin, bitcoin price is change, The price is different, sometimes rising, and the good for bitcoin is when you have one, its yours. no one can get it to you, unlike gold it can be obtained by others.
Pages: « 1 ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 [421] 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: