Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:07:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You don't have to HODL  (Read 1035 times)

Activity: 438
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:24:34 PM

if we experience a loss and the asset value continues to decline, do we have to sell at a loss? I don't think so and I personally don't want to lose twice. indeed there are many people who misinterpret it, but that doesn't mean the hodl is a bad choice.
It is difficult to determine the right time to buy and sell. After many loses, I think that everyone should set the level of profit and risk reasonable acceptable. This will help them avoid big losses.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Perkovic

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:27:02 PM

Of course, you must keep a cryptocurrency in order to make money on it, but be sure to fix your profits

inMIN.it TIME BASED CRYPTOCURRENCY██
ICO Pre-Sale : October, 2018 ██
taguig
Copper Member

Activity: 479
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:28:45 PM

You have a point, every investment should have a goal behind it, you must know your exit point for profit and your entry point for future profit, it's no use holding a your coin for years and missing profit, when the right time to sell comes, sell high then buy low again that is a good strategy.
Elysio

Activity: 658
Merit: 153

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:40:12 PM

I'm not a fan of selling. The best option is to hold in the bear  market. These prices sell completely nonsense.  I'm standing in the altcoins and I don't regret standing in them. In the near future the market will rise, altcoins will rise further.
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:48:06 PM

People continue to advise using HODL strategy based on the experience of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. We can see what this strategy has led to for those who have used it. I Hawes to say that there is nothing bad, just worth considering that it may not be suitable for all coins. Only a few of them will be able to survive in such a market and will grow in value several times. Therefore, you should conduct your own research to identify which coin is capable of it, and which is not. And based on this, choose your strategy for each coin.

Handalger

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:52:11 PM

I think that now the best strategy is to buy and keep coins to a higher price.
I agree now the price is very good for shopping , and I think I can buy very quietly at this level and store in the long, I'm sure that in the future there will be a very large cryptocurrency in the top 20 !
Eildosa

Activity: 572

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:57:10 PM

Everyone advises HODLing because the market situation is very bad now and they hope that soon it will change. If you sell everything now, you may miss the profit. But I believe that this strategy can be used by those who do not have financial problems. Who can continue to live without fear that his portfolio continues to decline in value. If you need money, you can leave now. But you have to make that decision own.

evanescence

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 11:20:49 PM

People continue to advise using HODL strategy based on the experience of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. We can see what this strategy has led to for those who have used it. I Hawes to say that there is nothing bad, just worth considering that it may not be suitable for all coins. Only a few of them will be able to survive in such a market and will grow in value several times. Therefore, you should conduct your own research to identify which coin is capable of it, and which is not. And based on this, choose your strategy for each coin.
People don't advise using HODL out of generousity.
They tell that to newbies so that their bags don't lose further value.
People telling you to hold care about themselves, not you!

tuvic01
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:26:58 PM

I think the best thing to do at this stage is to hold on to your  coins. selling off will bring you down and make you loose all ur token.so the best thing to do is hold and even buy more tokens if need there is power to do so. And that remains the best thing to do
chenczane

Activity: 430
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:30:45 PM

It depends if you are happy with the price. Hodling are for those people who wants to earn more and not happy with the price. If you are satisfied, you can immediately sell it. No one has the right to stop you from selling your coin. At the end of the day, it is only you who can decide if you were going to hold or sell. The best thing to do right now is to BUY considering how cheap the prices are. You can settle for short term or long term trade depending on your needs.
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 02:58:28 AM

I disagree. Why would I sell at such a super low price? Its not that I need the capital but the price is too low to even consider selling it. I think its much better to encourage people to buy coins than telling them to sell their valued coin. It depends on the coin you were hodling though, its best to have a top tier coin to ensure quality and appreciation rate.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
aioc

Activity: 2912
Merit: 567

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:12:39 AM

You are an idiot if you will continue to hodl until the token you are holding has no value at all, there should be a specific amount or profit before you let go of the token you are holding hodling does not mean you are going to hold until the end, it should be when you need your profit or the token is not performing well anymore.

mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 03:16:31 AM

if we experience a loss and the asset value continues to decline, do we have to sell at a loss? I don't think so and I personally don't want to lose twice. indeed there are many people who misinterpret it, but that doesn't mean the hodl is a bad choice.
Indeed it may hold is not bad but this makes a lot of people just never survive and become weak hands to their coins. many who hold but do not know when they will await the outcome of the matter. much of the increase that occurred even though it is not great and it was pretty wasted. Although the strategy spelled out but hold also be wrong because it is too focused on it without any satisfaction or the desired clarity.

martabaktelor

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:24:10 AM

The hold is a simple attitude to get profits when prices have recovered or gone up. Indeed, not always Hold coins can be profitable because not all coins can grow well. But people do hold, that doesn't mean they don't trade daily or invest. But they did that too because only with that they also made a profit.
mrcastelo

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:27:56 AM

I think HODL is only good if you are able to buy in a very cheap price and the price goes slightly lower than whatyou bought. But if you bought at the all time high its better to sold it right away especially if the market is downtrend. or if you dont want to lose money better buy to dollar cost averaging.
Nggedebus

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:36:20 AM

HODL is the most misunderstood strategy in the history of mankind and probably the dinosaurs. HODLing doesn't mean HOLD UNCONDITIONALLY, it means hold until you thing it's profitable, until you think "'I've lost enough", until you need the money, until you decide to buy a different cryptocurrency, etc...

People are asking online for help and the only advice they get is "HODL", preaching it like it's the holy bible.. Stop with the non-sense and start giving people real advice.

Example of real advice: I wouldn't sell right now, but there doesn't seem to be much hope for Bitcoin in the near future, keep that in mind.

If you say that, instead of mindlessly shouting "HODL" at the top of your lungs, the person who asked will take it into consideration much more and you will actually encourage them to do more research on what the asked, because intelligence inspires intelligence. Shouting HODL inspires stupidity and ignorance.

---------------------------------------
Web Development and Web Hosting for Cryptocurrency. PM me or click the link.
My account was hacked, look here.

Different people has their own way on giving suggestion, some has their short words that hard to understand that sometimes cause a misunderstanding, and others could explain in details that are easy to understand.
That also applied when those different person saying things about HODL
Jaka.Sembuh

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:55:25 AM

all actually depend on each other's understanding because if you do not understand how to handle hold, of course you will instead get the benefits but the more severe losses that you will get because you must be able to assess and predict the coins that you have if the coin is worth hold or not.
Beldon

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 04:09:46 AM

Yes, of course we hold our coins at a certain time, for example when the market is in this condition it would be better if we hold our coins because if they sell they will lose, on the contrary if crypto is in normal condition with high coin price we can sell our coins immediately and certainly will benefit

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███    (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌    ███||
Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 06:04:47 AM

I know some people clamur for HODL not knowin what they are getting into and some don't even have another means of livelihood because we most people quit their jobs in the bull run and think the run will last forever, but if you have something else you can live on through the bear run and you believe you are holding good projects there is no need to panic and sell because history has shown us that the coming bull run will surpass the previous ones
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 06:10:13 AM

HODL is the most misunderstood strategy in the history of mankind and probably the dinosaurs. HODLing doesn't mean HOLD UNCONDITIONALLY, it means hold until you thing it's profitable, until you think "'I've lost enough", until you need the money, until you decide to buy a different cryptocurrency, etc...

People are asking online for help and the only advice they get is "HODL", preaching it like it's the holy bible.. Stop with the non-sense and start giving people real advice.

Example of real advice: I wouldn't sell right now, but there doesn't seem to be much hope for Bitcoin in the near future, keep that in mind.

If you say that, instead of mindlessly shouting "HODL" at the top of your lungs, the person who asked will take it into consideration much more and you will actually encourage them to do more research on what the asked, because intelligence inspires intelligence. Shouting HODL inspires stupidity and ignorance.

---------------------------------------
Web Development and Web Hosting for Cryptocurrency. PM me or click the link.
My account was hacked, look here.

You are very right about the blind advices and people who just hold
But what do u expect ? Do u expect whales strangers to tell strangers to sell and cut losses ? Total impossible
Have you ever heard Mccafee or crypto currency expert give better decisions ??

Crypto currency is a personal race
Do your research yourself
Make your decision yourself
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: