Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2019, 01:00:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79]
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL] YAAMP.COM multipool multialgo profit switch with exchange  (Read 168205 times)
Piarb

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 02:14:29 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2019, 10:26:12 AM by Piarb

this thread is for yiimp project, not a support thread for all the sites using it
HI!

first of all - thanx for your open source projects which helps miners all around the world.

im asking just couple minutes of your time to help us with very hot dispute between me and one yiimp-pool owner. today we were swearing about simple things but cant get along. 

1. my opinion is that yiimp pool just helps miners less dependent on luck. and actually pool with 1000 workers is finding new block exactly like 1000 the same solo miner. and the only difference between them - the accounting system of distribution of reward based on submitting shares. and the only purpose of shares - allow to calculate the real hashrate of worker and pay him appropriate reward.

2. my friend pool owner argues that pool is splitting the work between workers to find new block. and that the pools paying per shares because shares - is the parts of work which workers doing for pool. he told me that pool can split all possible nonce values to divide the work between miners. and that share submitted to pool is a proof of such completed work. then pool gives the miner new work.

after many hour of discussion my arguments completely run out. PLEASE help us to dot the Is!

p.s. sorry for bad english. hope you can understand my explanation
PLAY NOW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1087

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 07:49:12 AM

this thread is for yiimp project, not a support thread for all the sites using it
HI!

first of all - thanx for your open source projects which helps miners all around the world.

im asking just couple minutes of your time to help us with very hot dispute between me and one yiimp-pool owner. today we were swearing about simple things but cant get along. 

1. my opinion is that yiimp pool just helps miners less dependent on luck. and actually pool with 1000 workers is finding new block exactly like 1000 the same solo miner. and the only difference between them - the accounting system of distribution of reward based on submitting shares. and the only purpose of shares - allow to calculate the real hasrate of worker and pay him appropriate reward.

2. my friend pool owner argues that pool is splitting the work between workers to find new block. and that the pools paying per shares because shares - is the parts of work which workers doing for pool. he told me that pool can split all possible nonce values to divide the work between miners. and that share submitted to pool is a proof of such completed work. then pool gives the miner new work.

after many hour of discussion my arguments completely run out. PLEASE help us to dot the Is!

p.s. sorry for bad english. hope you can understand my explanation

pools give miners less variance on income, but "luck" doesn't change, and payments are, in the long run, slightly reduced because of pool fees.
both your points 1 and 2 are true.

Piarb

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 10:21:39 AM

pools give miners less variance on income, but "luck" doesn't change, and payments are, in the long run, slightly reduced because of pool fees.
no. it cant be both true. as you can see, im asking about pool`s code logic. specially to avoid such answers i was trying to write in pm @Epsylon3. but i have 0 Merit at this forum and cant do that. so im asking the pool developer here in this thread.   
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 10:29:29 AM

no. it cant be both true. as you can see, im asking about pool`s code logic. specially to avoid such answers i was trying to write in pm @Epsylon3. but i have 0 Merit at this forum and cant do that. so im asking the pool developer here in this thread.   

I don't see why not, please explain.

Piarb

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 10:41:39 AM

because question was not about luck. question was about can pool devide work of finding new block to parallelize calculations between workers or not? or they all just mining like solo miners but on one pools wallet and dividing only rewards?
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 10:47:30 AM

because question was not about luck. question was about can pool devide work of finding new block to parallelize calculations between workers or not? or they all just mining like solo miners but on one pools wallet and dividing only rewards?

it's the same thing.
miners all mine for a valid block, like they are solo mining.
but they submit additional, lower difficulty "shares" to get their part of the profit when someone finds a block on that pool.
the pool gives each worker a part of the space of possible solutions (not just a nonce range).

Piarb

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 11:23:01 AM

the pool gives each worker a part of the space of possible solutions (not just a nonce range).
do you see this in the source code of yiimp pool? i cant find it.
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 11:35:02 AM

do you see this in the source code of yiimp pool? i cant find it.

that's how stratum works: it gives the miner work to do, including all the stuff that must be put into the block header, to be hashed.
the miner doesn't connect to a coin daemon, so all the info must come from the pool thru stratum.
look for more info about stratum, extranonce (1 e 2), merkleroot, the block header in general.

Piarb

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 12:25:30 PM

that's how stratum works: it gives the miner work to do, including all the stuff that must be put into the block header, to be hashed.
the miner doesn't connect to a coin daemon, so all the info must come from the pool thru stratum.
look for more info about stratum, extranonce (1 e 2), merkleroot, the block header in general.
im already knew all of this couple of years ago. thats why im asking coder/pool developer how this works on pool side. my question here was addressed to Tanguy Pruvot. becouse i cant send private message to him.
batyr143

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 05:23:39 AM

Hello,   

I am contacting you on behalf of DigiByte to let you know about the latest
6.17.2 release.   
This is an important release that we request all pool operators upgrade to
immediately, as it lays the foundation for our future upgrade to the Odocrypt
mining algorithm.   

In addition there are a number of other improvements, specifically the
inclusion of all Bitcoin Core 0.17.1.   
You are now also able to run a single digibyted instance to service all mining
algorithms. If you are going to do this, any time that getblocktemplate by
your pool software, you can now submit the algorithm at that time. This
naturally saves significantly on drive / memory utilization. Alternatively you
can simply perform an over-the-top upgrade of your existing setup and things
will remain the same.   

You can download the latest stable source code from:   
https://github.com/digibyte/digibyte/tree/6.17.2   
This is also in the Master branch.   

You should _not_ use 7.17.1 branch at this time, it is the development branch
for the upcoming algorithm swap and is not ready for building / testing.   

Finally, if you get the opportunity, we would love to know what your coinbase
string is so we can add it to our Wiki:   
https://www.dgbwiki.com/index.php?title=Pools   
This will allow us to put it in to the DigiExplorer / DigiAssets explorer
later on in the year.   

If you could let us know once you have upgraded, we would greatly appreciate
your cooperation
Jake-R

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 06:35:21 AM

This day. And all days. We will remember YAAMP as the ultimate, anonymous, mining pool. I truly miss it. Thank you spam-necro guy for giving me these feels.

#SoSayWeAll
Epsylon3
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1075

ccminer/cpuminer developer

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2019, 02:41:57 PM

Hello,   

6.17.2 release.   

your cooperation

Thanks for the reminder...

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
Epsylon3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2019, 02:43:44 PM

Each pool is mining "custom" blocks, which have slighty different data (coinbase) in block.. so the hashes are different. Same apply to miners on a pool, they have some unique data by worker, unlike the "original/outdated" getwork/longpoll methods

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
batyr143

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 05:16:23 PM

Hello,   

6.17.2 release.   

your cooperation

Hello!
Can you inform me if you update wallet.
So, I could update info on https://www.dgbwiki.com/index.php?title=Pools about your pool. Thanks
CryptoSDesigner
Copper Member

Activity: 222

High quality Design for Cryptocurrency-

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 12:42:06 AM

HI Guys , please any help i have error on YIIMP Coin based on new LITECOIN source not work ,

error -8: support for 'segwit' rule requires explicit client support

how to correct config file for YIIMP , for Altcoin based on LITECOIN Source SEGWIT

my set

Thanks for help

High quality cryptocurrencies building service Discord https://discord.gg/W6mUUVM
BeeNode

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 09:32:56 AM

Hello.
April 15, we released a new coin - BeeNode.
Based on blockchain technology
Unique algorithm - HoneyComb
ASIC-resistant (Only CPU\GPU)
No Premine
Reward model: PoW\PoS

We suggest to pay attention to the coin BeeNode for mining. We are sure that it will be interesting to all users on CPU \ GPU devices.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5131731.0
Epsylon3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 04:58:56 AM

Hello,   

6.17.2 release.   

your cooperation

Hello!
Can you inform me if you update wallet.
So, I could update info on https://www.dgbwiki.com/index.php?title=Pools about your pool. Thanks

YiiMP.eu is segwit compatible for DGB, if needed, but never got segwit txes/blocks yet

for the wiki...

bubasik

Activity: 277

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2019, 12:36:26 PM

How to add YespowerR16 to Yiimp pool

http://forum.yentencoin.info/discussion/13/how-to-add-yespowerr16-to-yiimp-pool#latest

How to install the yiimp pool on the ubuntu 16.04 server and configure yenten coin (stratum yespowerr16)

http://www.bubasik.com/how-to-install-the-yiimp-pool-on-the-ubuntu-16-04-server-and-configure-yenten-coin-stratum-yescryptr16/

Fork Yiimp with YespowerR16

https://github.com/bubasik/yiimp-yespowerr16-ytn/

If you have a yiimp-based pool, you can add support for the Yenten coin.
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.