Bitcoin Forum
July 25, 2024, 02:56:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 161 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MZC][SHA-256] MAZACOIN *First Sovereign Currency* ANDROID WALLET AVAIL.!!  (Read 278339 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
torot

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:29:50 PM

lol whats this shit  Huh I left mazacoin to rest for one week, now I come back and its at fucking 800 satoshi?? What a joke haha. Should have sold this shit..... I know now someone will comment "10k before next friday" yeah yeah i have heard that every single day for hte last three weeks...... (except for this week, wasnt onlline ....  Wink )

Actually... it's funny, but you don't know how right you are... we are all waiting on this champ today:

https://twitter.com/BryanMaiden77/status/442361237137924096

"Drink You Piss for Mazacoin" hero
Pretty much his EXACT claim

But I bet he'll switch piss to apple juice while off camera though... liar

49er.miner

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:30:31 PM

crickets...................... Embarrassed

still waiting for a plan of action..........
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:35:18 PM

lol whats this shit  Huh I left mazacoin to rest for one week, now I come back and its at fucking 800 satoshi?? What a joke haha. Should have sold this shit..... I know now someone will comment "10k before next friday" yeah yeah i have heard that every single day for hte last three weeks...... (except for this week, wasnt onlline ....  Wink )

Actually... it's funny, but you don't know how right you are... we are all waiting on this champ today:

https://twitter.com/BryanMaiden77/status/442361237137924096

"Drink You Piss for Mazacoin" hero
Pretty much his EXACT claim

But I bet he'll switch piss to apple juice while off camera though... liar

0.0002 Satoshi ?  Ok thats 0.000000000002 BTC . Thats diffucult , but this coin could hit that by next week  Grin Grin Grin   If there is a coin, which can fall so much, then its Maza.

In 3 days degradation to LTC market, then a quick dump to 1 Latoshi and finally trading at Dogemarket.
neilh

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:38:48 PM

crickets...................... Embarrassed

still waiting for a plan of action..........

Unless the block reward is tweaked or Payu releases some good news from the council,
no plan right now is going to help. We have too much flooding the market and not enough
buyers!
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:56:49 PM

Hmm... down again. It'd be nice to one day check the price and see it has gone up for a change.

I believe Payu did say he had a radio spot today, and might get a chief to come out and support the coin, although wouldn't mention his name for fear of trolling against said chief. If they promote this somewhere, besides some random youtube video that most won't see, it could help. They really need a better website/blog and a person over here keeping people updated.

A fork is needed to reduce miner rewards, but boxxa seemed against that. No idea why. One weird thing I noticed in chat last night was when boxxa was asked if he kept track of the price -- Boxxa claimed he had a lot of coins, but didn't worry about the price.  My first thought was: who cares how many coins you hold,the idea should be that the creators of the coin want to support a high price, so the premine isn't a complete waste.

It sort of felt like Boxxa and Payu weren't exactly in sync, or at least didn't communicate nearly enough. Again, just the impression I got, and I could be completely wrong.
49er.miner

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:01:49 PM

so when are they  distributing the 1000 mzc to the ppl?

at current rate that comes out to $5 each resident

maybe they need to give more than 1000mzc to make a difference..

any way to do that??

still waiting for plan of action.....

poornamelessme

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:06:24 PM

so when are they  distributing the 1000 mzc to the ppl?

maybe they need give more than 1000mzc to make a difference..

Don't know, but expect it'll be a while. Little point until the price is higher. And they are sort of limited to whatever the premine total is as to what they give away, I expect. They can't just make up a big number, as they won't have enough coins to cover it. Which is why I found it so odd that they weren't more concerned about the price.
insanid

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:08:11 PM

Even though I just lost about 2 BTC with MazaCoin I still did well with it, and I made a profit off of my initial investment. I can't be that upset, but man it sucks so bad to see this coin tanking so hard. I honestly don't think MazaCoin is a scam, but there are so many people out there who are putting all of their energy into spreading FUD about this coin that it's causing the coin to tank badly. I would have held out longer if it weren't for the fact that yesterday the coin lost almost 50% of its value. These are not small figures we are talking here. It makes me sad to think that this MazaCoin idea may never see its true potential because of all the negativity.

When the Sun Times article came out and made me realize most important selling point of this coin is false, price was at 4k and falling. The high was somewhere at 20k, I believe.

So no, as much some may blame me, I didn't have a lot to do with the price action. Some impact, sure but it was on a strong down spiral by itself. Keep in mind this coin was most profitable SHA2 coin to mine just few days ago and miners are heavy dumpers.

Admittedly the reason I bought this coin in the first place was because I was told by a friend that it was adopted as the official currency of the Lakota people. Apparently a lot of others did as well. It's just the drama with this coin is so overwhelming that it seems like it's a losing battle, and I can't keep investing in this coin when the price is dropping so much per day. It's sad. It really is.
49er.miner

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:11:46 PM

even if the price goes up from buyer interest....

then the miners increase because of profitability...

then the miners dumping ensues...which put downward pressure on the price again..

still waiting for plan of action......
insanid

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:14:37 PM

so when are they  distributing the 1000 mzc to the ppl?

maybe they need to give more than 1000mzc to make a difference..

any way to do that??

still waiting for plan of action.....

You know what's interesting? I contacted Payu about a week ago because I have an idea on how to get widespread adoption of MazaCoin to the Lakota people through free smartphones and cell phone plans via freedompop.com. In the message I sent him, I went into full detail about what his biggest barrier is (technological), and how he could contact this company to get his people using free smartphones and thus the MazaCoin Android wallet. I even mentioned to him in IRC that I sent a message to him about it, and that I hoped he would read it. He never got back to me. I have no idea what his plans are to get the MZC to the people other than what was said about the Free Lakota Bank.
49er.miner

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:19:00 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 06:30:29 PM by 49er.miner

i have no comment.....

wow just went to the freedompop website very interesting but you still gotta pay for phone....

actually you can bring your own phone too...interesting

the snowden phone is very interesting
zeded

Activity: 192
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:31:25 PM

watching my money burn Smiley looks nice

can this please be the bottom so i can make my money back? thanks
Miner232432

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:46:32 PM

Wow, this coin is just 2 weeks old already holds n record: Burning so much money in such a short time, like no coin before.  Wtf from 18000 to under 800 in just 10 days ? WTF ?  Shocked

Thats 2250% los ...

I don't quite understand, it seems the more positive news about the coin the more the price falls.

Yes it was overhyped at 18k but to fall so far in such a short time is incredible and I wonder if there's something nefarious going on behind the scenes to force such a fall.

I'm holding though, I bought in at 10k, 5k and now trying for 800 then I'll just forget about the coin until summer and see where it's at. If I've lost out then so be it, it's one of the risks we take when we buy this made up money which can't actually be spent on anything other than more made up money

I am blunt, don't like it ? Too bad
poornamelessme

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:53:36 PM

You know what's interesting? I contacted Payu about a week ago because I have an idea on how to get widespread adoption of MazaCoin to the Lakota people through free smartphones and cell phone plans via freedompop.com. In the message I sent him, I went into full detail about what his biggest barrier is (technological), and how he could contact this company to get his people using free smartphones and thus the MazaCoin Android wallet. I even mentioned to him in IRC that I sent a message to him about it, and that I hoped he would read it. He never got back to me. I have no idea what his plans are to get the MZC to the people other than what was said about the Free Lakota Bank.

I asked last night how they plan to implement the payout, and I may be mistaken, but could have sworn boxxa said they plan to have people register for it? Not sure how that would work exactly. If anyone has a chat log, it may be in there somewhere.

The phone idea could work, but is freedompop supported in their area?

To me, the logical way to do these sort of nation giveaways (not just maza) would be for community projects and perhaps small businesses. Use enough coin to provide something, get it made, then later on, use it for something else. That way you avoid the dump that will undoubtedly occur when most people get free cash (or free crypto, I should say), and get around the issue of giving it to every single individual. Since there is a trust already for maza, I'd think it make logical sense.

If the coin sinks enough, perhaps that is the way they'd have to go.

1000 maza ... here is your $1-$5, and please buy a $50 phone so you can use it.
Or just bundle it up into higher amounts, and do something for the community.
torot

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:59:33 PM

Wow, this coin is just 2 weeks old already holds n record: Burning so much money in such a short time, like no coin before.  Wtf from 18000 to under 800 in just 10 days ? WTF ?  Shocked

Thats 2250% los ...

I don't quite understand, it seems the more positive news about the coin the more the price falls.

Yes it was overhyped at 18k but to fall so far in such a short time is incredible and I wonder if there's something nefarious going on behind the scenes to force such a fall.

I'm holding though, I bought in at 10k, 5k and now trying for 800 then I'll just forget about the coin until summer and see where it's at. If I've lost out then so be it, it's one of the risks we take when we buy this made up money which can't actually be spent on anything other than more made up money

I suspect its the early adopters. I can't explain but I have a hunch its one of those times you know?

They know something and getting out.

And screwing us all in the process.

PiggyM

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:02:43 PM

Old Android cell phones are cheap..  If you want the people to get phones start doing a cell phone donation program. how many people do you know that have old and still perfectly useable cell phones tucked in a drawer somewhere?

you can put the phones in Wifi only mode and use them as pocket tablets. if you just need them for the wallet app any old Android phone running 2.3 (gingerbread) and up will work for that application.

basically...
Team up with electronics recyclers, cell phone shops, and electronics stores. Ask you fellow geeks and co-workers. you should not have any trouble getting a few hundred phones donated.

lensgrabber

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:04:25 PM

Boxxa claimed he had a lot of coins

We'll he's at least 52k down as of last night.

From twitter..

"Remember to verify your inputs. Just sent 52K MZC to an address I don't have the private key for and it is gone forever."

Everybody say OUCH at the same time.
torot

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:05:47 PM

I asked last night how they plan to implement the payout, and I may be mistaken, but could have sworn boxxa said they plan to have people register for it? Not sure how that would work exactly. If anyone has a chat log, it may be in there somewhere.

The phone idea could work, but is freedompop supported in their area?

To me, the logical way to do these sort of nation giveaways (not just maza) would be for community projects and perhaps small businesses. Use enough coin to provide something, get it made, then later on, use it for something else. That way you avoid the dump that will undoubtedly occur when most people get free cash (or free crypto, I should say), and get around the issue of giving it to every single individual. Since there is a trust already for maza, I'd think it make logical sense.

If the coin sinks enough, perhaps that is the way they'd have to go.

1000 maza ... here is your $1-$5, and please buy a $50 phone so you can use it.
Or just bundle it up into higher amounts, and do something for the community.

"Here's $3 bucks for you" -- you kidding ? that's an insult !

testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:06:14 PM

Black coin fixed its problems and now is running.
I hope the same destiny for us Smiley
torot

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:09:13 PM

Old Android cell phones are cheap..  If you want the people to get phones start doing a cell phone donation program. how many people do you know that have old and still perfectly useable cell phones tucked in a drawer somewhere?

you can put the phones in Wifi only mode and use them as pocket tablets. if you just need them for the wallet app any old Android phone running 2.3 (gingerbread) and up will work for that application.

basically...
Team up with electronics recyclers, cell phone shops, and electronics stores. Ask you fellow geeks and co-workers. you should not have any trouble getting a few hundred phones donated.
Unfortunately old phones have shitty battery and new apps don't work. Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 161 »
  Print  

Jump to: