Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 01:59:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 161 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MZC][SHA-256] MAZACOIN *First Sovereign Currency* ANDROID WALLET AVAIL.!!  (Read 278327 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
49er.miner

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:12:52 PM

well 3 dollars you can buy 1 super lotto and 1 powerball and the chance to win millions....
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:16:44 PM

Old Android cell phones are cheap..  If you want the people to get phones start doing a cell phone donation program. how many people do you know that have old and still perfectly useable cell phones tucked in a drawer somewhere?

you can put the phones in Wifi only mode and use them as pocket tablets. if you just need them for the wallet app any old Android phone running 2.3 (gingerbread) and up will work for that application.

basically...
Team up with electronics recyclers, cell phone shops, and electronics stores. Ask you fellow geeks and co-workers. you should not have any trouble getting a few hundred phones donated.

Too complicated, you've got to make the coin fit with the people, you can't expect people to carry around some knackered old phone just to be able to use your coin.
Croak

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:17:56 PM

Black coin fixed its problems and now is running.
I hope the same destiny for us Smiley

Blackcoin didn't fix shit.  The whales fixed it, temporarily.  It's a Mintcoin clone, and POS coins are ideal for slow pump and dump, since there's no miners to inject large quantities of fresh supply to slow the pump.

It'll have the same fate as Mintcoin as well.  If you're in, have those stop losses ready, it's going back down and when it does its going down hard and fast.
PiggyM

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:19:35 PM

Old Android cell phones are cheap..  If you want the people to get phones start doing a cell phone donation program. how many people do you know that have old and still perfectly useable cell phones tucked in a drawer somewhere?

you can put the phones in Wifi only mode and use them as pocket tablets. if you just need them for the wallet app any old Android phone running 2.3 (gingerbread) and up will work for that application.

basically...
Team up with electronics recyclers, cell phone shops, and electronics stores. Ask you fellow geeks and co-workers. you should not have any trouble getting a few hundred phones donated.
Unfortunately old phones have shitty battery and new apps don't work. Sad

apparently you missed the point. if you just want to get the Android app to users any "shitty" phone will work. im not saying to give everyone a phone that works for multiple purposes. just something that runs the wallet. In return on that kind of investment you are getting technology to people who would otherwise not have any technology at all. it may be a shitty phone to you but it is a free gateway to the technological world for the less privileged.

neilh

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:20:18 PM

Blackcoin didn't fix shit.  The whales fixed it, temporarily.  It's a Mintcoin clone, and POS coins are ideal for slow pump and dump, since there's no miners to inject large quantities of fresh supply to slow the pump.

It'll have the same fate as Mintcoin as well.  If you're in, have those stop losses ready, it's going back down and when it does its going down hard and fast.

Taking out your arse bud!
49er.miner

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:24:48 PM

right now the coins fundamentals need to be readjusted...

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:26:14 PM

apparently you missed the point. if you just want to get the Android app to users any "shitty" phone will work. im not saying to give everyone a phone that works for multiple purposes. just something that runs the wallet. In return on that kind of investment you are getting technology to people who would otherwise not have any technology at all. it may be a shitty phone to you but it is a free gateway to the technological world for the less privileged.

One of the problems with the phone idea is logistics. It's a pain enough to distribute crypto, but now one would also need to distribute thousands (10s of thousands? how many people are there in lakota) of phones? A couple of hundred phones sound nice, but what about those who don't get one?

The bigger problem is at this point, why even bother? Unless maza gets to at least 10-20 cents per coin, 1000 maza will be worth less than even a junky, throwaway phone. They'd be better off selling the old phone and forgetting about the $3 worth of maza they were just given.
Croak

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:27:11 PM

Am I?  You expecting that BCpool to save it?  It's part of the slow pump, I reckon.  Buy shitloads of cheap BC for a few hundred satoshi each, have a nice fat stock, then start slow pumping BC to get interest up.  Get people to give you scads of hash power that you point at real, profitable coins, pay them in that cheap BC until the supply runs out, then watch the market crash and burn.  It's got Ponzi written all over it.
moonman787

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:35:01 PM

I'm glad a lot of us can at least agree on the coin's price point needs to be higher in order for this whole endeavor to work. This should be Payu's main concern. Worrying about anything else at this point is moot. The foundation of this project needs to be the coin's price.
49er.miner

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:38:28 PM

agreed....like building a house with solar panels on a bed of loose sand....

while sitting there going what color should we paint the house??

testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:40:03 PM

I'm glad a lot of us can at least agree on the coin's price point needs to be higher in order for this whole endeavor to work. This should be Payu's main concern. Worrying about anything else at this point is moot. The foundation of this project needs to be the coin's price.

Totally agree with you
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:50:08 PM

A large part of the problem is credibility and a large part of that is Harris.

He is making hyperbolic claims that just provide others (me) a stick to beat him with.

He should be promising less and then exceeding expectations.

That "first sovereign currency" garbage is still at the top of this thread and the questions will keep being asked until it's gone.

That's without the other, dubious Payu stuff, he's a liability.
lensgrabber

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:52:29 PM

Totally agree with you

How could you take a coin that is worth .005 usd now and make it into a currency people want to use?  I think the perfect target would be $1 or at minimum .50.  What could possibly be done to turn it around that much?   The alternative is to use 1000 mazacoins for a hot dog and drink. Most non technical people don't want to do that type of math.
flipstyle (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:53:36 PM

Unfortunately we're in free-fall mode, boys.  I agree...Payu DOES need to be concerned with short and medium term pricing as well...as even a week in the crypto community can mean an eternity and make or break a coin.  Hopefully someone is reaching out to him and letting him know this.  I still do have faith, but sometimes its best to cut your losses, pull out, and (if so inclined) buy more back at a lower price point.  There just simply is not any ample purchasing interest to drive prices up right now.  Have patience, for I think this still has long term potential...but at the same time always be realistic in your expectations and realize we're in the wild wild west.
flipstyle (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:56:49 PM

By the way, can anyone please rejog my memory and let me know what price maza started out on the exchanges?  Because I will be loading it up if it ever approaches...I cannot for the life of me fathom how it could fall below that, especially since the coin is actively being pushed.
neilh

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:58:02 PM

Am I?  You expecting that BCpool to save it?  It's part of the slow pump, I reckon.  Buy shitloads of cheap BC for a few hundred satoshi each, have a nice fat stock, then start slow pumping BC to get interest up.  Get people to give you scads of hash power that you point at real, profitable coins, pay them in that cheap BC until the supply runs out, then watch the market crash and burn.  It's got Ponzi written all over it.

I don't want to hijack this thread because it's about Maza, so please post
in the BC thread.
49er.miner

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:58:50 PM

remove all "official" is step one.....

i have been saying that for the last week...

you gotta take ammo away from the fud spreaders....

but at the same time we cant be too hard on them but they do need to accept criticism and advice..

and stating that they do not have time to come on this forum afraid of trolls shows lack of will...

but i will hold back for now and wait i leave you with this....

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt
neilh

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:59:12 PM

By the way, can anyone please rejog my memory and let me know what price maza started out on the exchanges?  Because I will be loading it up if it ever approaches...I cannot for the life of me fathom how it could fall below that, especially since the coin is actively being pushed.

If I'm not mistaken it was around the 150 sat in the first couple of weeks.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:59:38 PM

Unfortunately we're in free-fall mode, boys.  I agree...Payu DOES need to be concerned with short and medium term pricing as well...as even a week in the crypto community can mean an eternity and make or break a coin.  Hopefully someone is reaching out to him and letting him know this.  I still do have faith, but sometimes its best to cut your losses, pull out, and (if so inclined) buy more back at a lower price point.  There just simply is not any ample purchasing interest to drive prices up right now.  Have patience, for I think this still has long term potential...but at the same time always be realistic in your expectations and realize we're in the wild wild west.

We brought up price with Boxxa and Payu last night, repeatedly. We brought up ideas about forking and reducing miner rewards. They said they weren't concerned or interested. Perhaps after a day or two of more dropping, they'll change their minds a bit.

So no need to reach out to him and let him know, as he must know by now. What they do about it is the question.
flipstyle (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:05:50 PM

neil: thanks bud.  So it is still eons higher than it's initial public offering.  Small consolation to those who invested higher, but putting everything into perspective....

We brought up price with Boxxa and Payu last night, repeatedly. We brought up ideas about forking and reducing miner rewards. They said they weren't concerned or interested. Perhaps after a day or two of more dropping, they'll change their minds a bit.

So no need to reach out to him and let him know, as he must know by now. What they do about it is the question.

That's kind of...disappointing.  But again...they're the ground troops actually out there, so if they're not showing concern..that can only mean one thing: that they're 110% sure in their efforts and ultimate goal.  Let's hope that they are correct...though I think their approach could definitely be re-worked...but it's all a matter of opinion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 161 »
  Print  

Jump to: