Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:46:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FlutterCoin FLT Proof Of Transaction Cash Back for Sending & Recieving  (Read 368012 times)
kikeda

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:23:52 PM

There are just too many coins coming each day and people start chasing quick profits, that is normal. If your coin is not expected to go at lease 5x in the next few weeks, then money gets moved out of it.

You see a coin move from 100 sats to 2000 in a couple of weeks and you then wonder why it falls later to 700, well a lot of people who bought at 100-150 cashed out and moved to the "next big thing". That does not take anything from the value of FLT in the long run.

And to give you an example with BTC, who do you think made the most money out of BTC, the people who chased quick profits and sold their few K quickly or the people who hold through the years?

spot on fed.  Wink
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
speedminer

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 01:51:21 PM

After running a dedicated pool for half a year... decided to stop since the pool fees/donations don't cover the costs I'm making.
Therefore, please withdraw any coins you have left on our pool by the end of May 19th or these will be lost.

Or if anyone 's interested in taking over for a small donation in BTC, please send me a PM on bitcointalk.

Thanks for all who mined with us!

iCoin mining pool @ : http://speedminer.org
FLT mining pool @ : http://flutter.speedminer.org
NLG mining pool @ : http://gulden.speedminer.org
SwedishGirl

Activity: 392

Looking for shmexy coins!

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:07:08 PM

OMG, this coin is sooooooo sexy! I found 3rd sexy coin in just a few hours! OMG, I am soooo happy!
ozie

Activity: 239
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:29:18 PM

Once People realize that PURE PoS has some security issues that FLT addresses by keeping PoW the probably will stop bitching about it.
Seems PoT also add some security which is really great.

Im with FLT since the very beginning and i must say i am very impressed which the skills of thekidcoin. He seems to really know what he is doing.
He may lack some social skills but i personally like his way of commenting things here in the thread  Grin

Please also ask yourself why there is still no Clone of Fluttercoin.
I personally believe its because this shit is so next level none of the random copycat devs understand it.

I wont give up my front row in this truly innovative coin. Keep up the good work!
LeBarton

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:35:32 PM

Once People realize that PURE PoS has some security issues that FLT addresses by keeping PoW the probably will stop bitching about it.

Im with FLT since the very beginning and i must say i am very impressed which the skills of thekidcoin. He seems to really know what he is doing.
He may lack some social skills but i personally like his way of commenting things here in the thread  Grin

I personally believe its because this shit is so next level none of the random copycat devs understand it.

I wont give up my front row in this truly innovative coin. Keep up the good work!
+1 for the innovation of the coin

And I like his social skills when it comes to deal with whiners/price manipulators  Grin
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:35:48 PM

There are just too many coins coming each day and people start chasing quick profits, that is normal. If your coin is not expected to go at lease 5x in the next few weeks, then money gets moved out of it.

You see a coin move from 100 sats to 2000 in a couple of weeks and you then wonder why it falls later to 700, well a lot of people who bought at 100-150 cashed out and moved to the "next big thing". That does not take anything from the value of FLT in the long run.

And to give you an example with BTC, who do you think made the most money out of BTC, the people who chased quick profits and sold their few K quickly or the people who hold through the years?

But BTC was the first coin and has the monopoly. I support coins like FLT and im holding, but honestly who knows if in 1 or 2 years they will even be alive compared to BTC.

thekidcoin (OP)

Activity: 308

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:42:26 PM

OMG, this coin is sooooooo sexy! I found 3rd sexy coin in just a few hours! OMG, I am soooo happy!

I strive to bring the sexy...

1MYL967PR52xiNtqSP9WphRvPzKZDjBdxn
some1ell

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:42:54 PM

But BTC was the first coin and has the monopoly. I support coins like FLT and im holding, but honestly who knows if in 1 or 2 years they will even be alive compared to BTC.

+1
thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:44:28 PM

+1 for the innovation of the coin

And I like his social skills when it comes to deal with whiners/price manipulators  Grin

LOL I aim to please.  Its like those restaurants where the waitress yells at you, and you keep going there because of the shtick

Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:49:50 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 04:04:38 PM by Halofire

Why do ppl keep saying that Pure PoS coins have security flaws?

edit: I have an idea like 'staking holes', but i want to hear what others think.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
homeiss

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:07:03 PM

I personally worry about transactions grinding to a halt with pure POS coins. If most people have their coins on an exchange and the rest of people don't have their wallet open staking coins the network is going to stop moving...

By leaving POW go forever, as well as having POS and POT we have the strongest network in the crypto world. The fluttercoin network should never stop and should be near impossible to 51% attack.

That's my understanding anyway.

Pass the Flutter: F7PjYAf7stemsejKHWarkjC1sb5FqbsnhZ
Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:08:02 PM

If I'm not mistaken WC, BLU, and XBC are 3 coins that recently had issues with security because of pure POS.  I'm sure there are others.  1400 XBC were stolen from Poloniex due to some form of 51% attack or injection.  They had to increase deposit and withdraw confirmations to 1200.  I do not support these coins so I do not remember the full details.  Maybe someone else can chime in.
chris20131111

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:17:38 PM

Whoo hoo. Just scooped up 16k Flt for cheap.
thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:23:15 PM

edit: I have an idea like 'staking holes', but i want to hear what others think.
what if all stakeholders had coins at exchanges, or didn't have their wallet open?

Any idea what would happen?

There are other holes as well for sure. 

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:51:13 PM

what if all stakeholders had coins at exchanges, or didn't have their wallet open?

Any idea what would happen?

There are other holes as well for sure. 

Only my thoughts, idk if right or wrong:
if they didn't have wallet open, others would stake faster and more frequent, i'd think. You're basing on 100% unity, if all wallets offline or
if all stake holders had coins at exchanges. Coins at exchanges could fork or attack through staking would be possible, but that's why exchange wallets don't PoS. Kinda bad to take the coins off the PoS network, but the point of PoS is to keep in your own wallet, not the exchange. I'm sure there will be times where this gets dangerous, but to locate this hole in the time period given of it's existence (like a wormhole), I think it would be hard to manipulate.

Again, only thoughts. But am I getting close or haven't I got a clue still?

Facts I know: Most pure pos coins still run pow, at low network hashrates. That's the main hole I was thinking, as asics come out, they will dwarf the existing network hashrates, until the network hashrate adopts asics of it's own. Other hole is the transition from pow to pos, since most coins won't be staked depending on mincoinage, but this hole is one time event and is temporary.

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 04:56:21 PM

If I'm not mistaken WC, BLU, and XBC are 3 coins that recently had issues with security because of pure POS.  I'm sure there are others.  1400 XBC were stolen from Poloniex due to some form of 51% attack or injection.  They had to increase deposit and withdraw confirmations to 1200.  I do not support these coins so I do not remember the full details.  Maybe someone else can chime in.

WC PoS was coded incorrectly resulting in it never kicking in to start securing the blockchain. The "afterhours" PoW hashrate dropped so low, 51% was inevitable. To re-secure, pools opened WC mining back up at the 10WC per block as was coded. It's still paying 10 to my knowledge. All pure pos have ''afterhours'' pow, btw.

thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:04:18 PM

WC PoS was coded incorrectly resulting in it never kicking in to start securing the blockchain. The "afterhours" PoW hashrate dropped so low, 51% was inevitable. To re-secure, pools opened WC mining back up at the 10WC per block as was coded. It's still paying 10 to my knowledge. All pure pos have ''afterhours'' pow, btw.

No they don't

BC doesn't, QTM doesn't.

thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:05:53 PM

PoW blocks are rejected...

LeBarton

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:08:54 PM

To my knowledge, Colossuscoin was the first 100% PoS coin but they had a lot of pain to get it working. Dunno if it works that good as I haven't followed that coin for a long time now.
thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:18:50 PM

To my knowledge, Colossuscoin was the first 100% PoS coin but they had a lot of pain to get it working. Dunno if it works that good as I haven't followed that coin for a long time now.

Its super easy to convert PPC or NVC or any PPC clone into a pure PoS.  Its only a few lines (not even lines - really just numbers).  Which is why some people were upset when I called a few coins which I will not name pure "clones" - but its the truth.  Its just a few changed parameters to stake age and rejecting PoW blocks.

Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: