Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:14:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FlutterCoin FLT Proof Of Transaction Cash Back for Sending & Recieving  (Read 368012 times)
chris20131111

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:43:44 PM

My friend called me and told me to sell everything to buy flutter before Friday. What is this announcement about on Friday?

Why don't you ask your friend?

LoL, I believe in Fluttercoin but no way would I sell all my coins im holding and dump into one coin only. Unless they are pointless P & D coins that you know will never be around for the long term.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
apcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:10:13 PM

My friend called me and told me to sell everything to buy flutter before Friday. What is this announcement about on Friday?

Just did, Andriod wallet he says.
dekdek

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

| TeamFLT | Trader & Investor |

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:10:52 PM

300 members giveaway at http://fluttercointalk.com/  
15 prizes of 2,000 FLT!   Cheesy
84 to go! Enjoy  Wink

kikeda

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:34:58 PM

Only kid knows.. Smiley
zitaox

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:59:29 AM

let me see what  would happan this friday
FreebieZoner

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:10:21 AM

Only kid knows.. Smiley

All this wait for announcement is getting kind of tiring, just announce the freaking development already.

My GOODies
GOOD GdW7XLTFByH1AU5dZjA2MEewRaTMzek5sw
imbecileee

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:11:55 AM

dekdek

Activity: 98

| TeamFLT | Trader & Investor |

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:25:32 AM

SwedishGirl

Activity: 392

Looking for shmexy coins!

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:24:37 AM

Only kid knows.. Smiley

He has already said that he's working on the first ever android wallet with working PoS. He's also said that coin maturity time will be decreased and PoT will also work on top of PoS. He also hinted that PoW could now be removed completely. For his MAJOR ann on Friday I am really hoping for something that was not already mentioned or I will be disappointed Smiley
EL_Sago

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:51:53 AM

i have a feeling TheKidCoin will not disappoint us Smiley
CryptoAddict

Activity: 115

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:53:51 AM

Does Proof-of-Transaction have any potential for real useful application?

I mean, is the purpose of this algorithm just to be some kind of game where people send FLT to each other back and forth ?

whats stopping one individual from setting up several wallets and adresses and just send his own coins between them?

The way PoT is designed now seems to encourage this type of foul play
WompRat

Activity: 232

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:43:07 AM

I mean, is the purpose of this algorithm just to be some kind of game where people send FLT to each other back and forth ?

whats stopping one individual from setting up several wallets and adresses and just send his own coins between them?

This is usually the first thing everyone asks and is discussed in the faqs.  The short answer is that this type of activity is supposed to disqualify you from proof of transaction rewards, but cost you a transaction fee.  I am not sure how substantially tested this is though.

I am starting to become increasingly sure that PoW is a major fuck up, maybe not in conception, but in actuality leads toward centralisation of mining, centralised points of failure, coins eating each other for hash rate and transaction fees becoming unsustainably high as block rewards halve and miners struggle to make a profit.   PoS is not much better with the added disadvantage that there are very few incentives for new entrants

I am trying to find out more about proof of transaction because it may be the one thing that can keep this crypto bubble afloat. 
SwedishGirl

Activity: 392

Looking for shmexy coins!

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:48:20 AM

Of course it's useful. Just imagine merchants accepting payments in FLT and just by doing that, they get all their fees back as well as some extra coins on top. Now imagine you are a merchant that operates on a 5% profit margin and is paying 2% fees for credit cards. You can increase your profits by 40% for every buyer that chooses to pay you in FLT instead of CC. As a buyer you also get the chance to get some money back by hitting a PoT block when you make your purchase, so that is an extra incentive to choose FLT and not some other payment option.

As for gaming the system, it was already discussed and it's not possible to cheat as this disqualifies you from PoT. A lot of people have tried and so far nobody has succeeded.

PoT is nothing like a game to encourage people to send FLT to each other. It's designed as an economical stimulus for both buyers and sellers as well as an extra layer of block-chain security.
kikeda

Activity: 364

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:00:20 PM

Only kid knows.. Smiley

He has already said that he's working on the first ever android wallet with working PoS. He's also said that coin maturity time will be decreased and PoT will also work on top of PoS. He also hinted that PoW could now be removed completely. For his MAJOR ann on Friday I am really hoping for something that was not already mentioned or I will be disappointed Smiley

LOL same here.. Smiley
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:30:35 PM

Only kid knows.. Smiley

All this wait for announcement is getting kind of tiring, just announce the freaking development already.

+1

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
chris20131111

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:35:05 PM

Anyone elses wallet stop syncing at block 77629?
chris20131111

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:40:29 PM

Nevermind, somehow my time got changed on my computer when I had a power outage last night.
CryptoAddict

Activity: 115

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:58:42 PM

Of course it's useful. Just imagine merchants accepting payments in FLT and just by doing that, they get all their fees back as well as some extra coins on top. Now imagine you are a merchant that operates on a 5% profit margin and is paying 2% fees for credit cards. You can increase your profits by 40% for every buyer that chooses to pay you in FLT instead of CC. As a buyer you also get the chance to get some money back by hitting a PoT block when you make your purchase, so that is an extra incentive to choose FLT and not some other payment option.

As for gaming the system, it was already discussed and it's not possible to cheat as this disqualifies you from PoT. A lot of people have tried and so far nobody has succeeded.

PoT is nothing like a game to encourage people to send FLT to each other. It's designed as an economical stimulus for both buyers and sellers as well as an extra layer of block-chain security.

I can see how it could be useful in theory, and one of the reasons i'm investigating more is that i'm considering adding FLT as a payment option to a ecommerce project im working on. Main problem is obviously the fact that average joe has no idea wtf FLT is and even less idea how to convert $ to FLT. Ideal scenario would be if customer can pay in $ and it gets converted  FLT and sent to my wallet.. but in such a way so the customer doesn't have to leave my site.. basically, whats really needed is a payment gateway like the one bitpay offers, but for FLT..  or maybe it's possible to somehow use bitpay and auto-trade the coins for FLT, but i'm not sure if this process would be effective with PoT.. any ideas?

I'm pretty sure i saw this kind of gaming going on here, maybe even in this thread actually.. Maybe the intention is not to encourage that behavior, but if it's possible and worth it then people will do it and I can't blame them, problem lies in it being possible in the first place. Though I have no clue if whatever they had going on was worth it.

Fluttercoin website has this in the PoT FAQ:

"In order to protect the integrity of the proof-of-transaction reward system, certain limits are in place. Only a limited number of tx's are considered, and within each tx, only a limited number of addresses are considered.  This makes generated automated proof-of-transaction rewards nearly impossible without a great deal of luck."

So there is no protection if someone just creates a new adress for each transaction ?
chris20131111

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:31:33 PM

I can see how it could be useful in theory, and one of the reasons i'm investigating more is that i'm considering adding FLT as a payment option to a ecommerce project im working on. Main problem is obviously the fact that average joe has no idea wtf FLT is and even less idea how to convert $ to FLT. Ideal scenario would be if customer can pay in $ and it gets converted  FLT and sent to my wallet.. but in such a way so the customer doesn't have to leave my site.. basically, whats really needed is a payment gateway like the one bitpay offers, but for FLT..  or maybe it's possible to somehow use bitpay and auto-trade the coins for FLT, but i'm not sure if this process would be effective with PoT.. any ideas?

I'm pretty sure i saw this kind of gaming going on here, maybe even in this thread actually.. Maybe the intention is not to encourage that behavior, but if it's possible and worth it then people will do it and I can't blame them, problem lies in it being possible in the first place. Though I have no clue if whatever they had going on was worth it.

Fluttercoin website has this in the PoT FAQ:

"In order to protect the integrity of the proof-of-transaction reward system, certain limits are in place. Only a limited number of tx's are considered, and within each tx, only a limited number of addresses are considered.  This makes generated automated proof-of-transaction rewards nearly impossible without a great deal of luck."

So there is no protection if someone just creates a new adress for each transaction ?

About the payment part, isin't that why we all voted to get FLT on coinpayments.net? So people can pay with FLT easily?

The part about trying to game the PoT system. That game we were playing was a long time ago when PoT wasn't nearly as easy as it is now and also the rewards were a lot higher back then. We all were sending 501 FLT back and forth and to my knowledge, no one ever hit PoT at all with all those exchanges. PoT has since been updated where its a lot easier to get PoT now but with a way smaller reward and Kidcoin also said he made it even more harder to game the system so in general, I don't think anyone will be able to game the PoT system at all. Not to mention the reward is not very much and you would end up spending more in transfer fees than you would in getting PoT. Maybe Kidcoin can explain further but its already been discussed multiple times throughout the thread so he may not.
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:01:23 PM

Only kid knows.. Smiley

Not sure why you would be disapointed because those move are powerful.  The end of PoW alone is very nice I would say.  No need to try to overhype with invented "future" bullshit like many devs do.  Ok, I admit, I would enjoy if the Kid annonce that they hired Nathalie Portman to promote FLT. 
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: