Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:56:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FIGHTING AGAINST ICO SCAM  (Read 1058 times)
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 12:37:42 PM

what should we do with the SCO ICO? by not investing in the project?
there should be a continuation of the law to those who commit this fraud. isn't this a very clear fraud and theft?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 01:05:03 PM

Creating a thread like this to keep posting just any project that one feel is scam might not be too good, because some people might abuse it.
Take for instance, someone who is not satisfied with a project, out of so many participants. He might come to spread a fake news about a genuine project.
I think it is best to use the scam session of the forum to report such project individually with reasons.
pleci

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 02:27:46 PM

I understand how difficult it is to find ICO that has a future in many other ICO projects. in general we aim to develop projects to get prizes for tokens or we can develop our own products. Unfortunately in 2018 there are many ICO scams that are very worrying for investors. we need people who have serious ideas and projects in the future.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 04:08:05 PM

Creating a thread like this to keep posting just any project that one feel is scam might not be too good, because some people might abuse it.
Take for instance, someone who is not satisfied with a project, out of so many participants. He might come to spread a fake news about a genuine project.
I think it is best to use the scam session of the forum to report such project individually with reasons.
When people say it is a scam, it is not just a hunch. It is just really a scam ICO and therefore, there is a proof already they are a scam ICO. People will not randomly report any ICO without providing some proof therefore, their claim wouldn't be valid after all. Mostly bounty hunters will report on such scam ICO after finding out that they really wouldn't pay for the participants after all.

SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 04:15:39 PM

This thread will be helpful for all of us bounty hunters and investors. This market really does have a lot of scam projects and i think it's one of the reasons why crypto has a bad image for some people.
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 04:16:57 PM

I support this thread since i am once a victim also of ico scamming but i cant put the name since they are totally vnished so theres no sense of being bitter mentioning their name

I will bookmark this so i have references for future investing and bounty hunting,lets bump this guys for many users may share their experiences on how this scammers move
chits

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 03:15:09 PM

Unfortunately, many ignore elementary ways of identifying fraud, preferring to be on the list of deceived. I still want to believe that in the near future a control body will be created to combat fraud, using funds from a percentage of bounty companies for example
jolle123

Activity: 190
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 03:27:47 PM

We can prevent and we can fight those ICOS that are scam, first before we invest or work on icos we make sure we  check the website or ico very well. check the team background and members, as a participant here in cryptocurrency i don't want to be scammed or fool by scammers so i will make sure to review well the project before i joined.
mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 03:52:19 PM

2018 WAS A TERRIBLE YEAR BOTH FOR HUNTERS AND INVESTORS TOO MANY SCAMS AND FRAUDULENT TACTICS USED BY CHILDREN CLAIMING TO HAVE SOME IDEA WHICH THEY NEED A FUND RAISER FOR...

As a bounty hunter.. the worse thing that can ever happen to you in the crypto space.. is promoting a scam ico unknowing to you it's a fraudulent company

I AM CREATING THIS THREAD TO HELP SPREED THE AWARENESS OF FRAUDULENT PROJECTS WASTING OUR PRECIOUS TIME AND STEALING THE HARD EARNED MONEY OF INVESTORS..

PLS KINDLY PUT DOWN THE NAME OF ANY COMPANY YOU THINK ITS SCAM AND NOT WORTH INVESTING ON AND GIVE REASON WHY IT SHOULDN'T BE TRUSTED

THIS WILL HELP BRING BACK THE TRUST WE ONCE HAD IN THE CRYPTO SPACE AND MAY ALSO GIVE LEGIT ICOS  THE CHANCE TO RAISE ENOUGH MONEY AND KICK START THEIR PRODUCT
I don't think that's going to work out. To this topic was high quality, you will need to recheck the projects that will be written by people.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 07:38:06 PM

Them biggest scammers of the year 2019

____4new .... http://4new.io ... this guys are so greedy it seems they didn't scam off enough money from investors by claiming to have a mining plant which does not exist... they decided to destroy a legit project named Airwire... Airwire.io by dumping off their token on exchange after a successful partnership... Airwire noticed what was going on and decided to call off the partnership

____swissalpmining ... http://swissalpmining.com

Alot of users may know of this one... https://shitcoinoffering.com/dead-snow-the-swiss-alps-mining-scam-ico/
 Read above article for more clarification

____Giracoin ...

Same swiss scammer  from swissalp mining...

____Tipbot .... http://tipbot.io ... Same user who scammed off users from a project named dividend in the year 2017 to 2018.. you can search out the word dividend from the search bar an see what comes out

More scam projects incoming
If Airwire could fall victim of such scam project through the partnership, it then shows how difficult it is to detect scam projects.  $new successfully listed their kwatt token. At first, i wanted to invest in their ICO. I did nit do that not because i suspected they were scammers, but my instinct was not just going with them It is such a pity that Airwire became a victim.
apitico

Activity: 571

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 08:58:45 PM

So far, there has not been a single legal ICO, I think that we all rely only on some experience when choosing an ICO to participate in its bounty company.

lornadane

Activity: 529
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 09:19:38 PM

This is not easy though, because scammers are being very smart nowadays! They copied website web design from the successful project UI and then they make an infographic ICO timeline to make people believe about their fundraising! So, better is avoid ICOs and I already start promoting only STO and ICO project who have real products or news in big media. Everyone needs to research hard to avoid scam ICO projects.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 09:23:12 PM

I understand how difficult it is to find ICO that has a future in many other ICO projects. in general we aim to develop projects to get prizes for tokens or we can develop our own products. Unfortunately in 2018 there are many ICO scams that are very worrying for investors. we need people who have serious ideas and projects in the future.
The point here is to identify that scam ICOs but wise scammers always develop their skills and they come back with different skills. Investor confidence level is down more than what we imagine imho, so only after mass adoption we can hope about bright future.
kyle999

Activity: 475

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 08:48:36 AM

We must aware always for this kind of ico scam to avoid lossing money and work from it. Let's us know one by one  for those project that have an future for our in industry.
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 09:12:12 AM

We must aware always for this kind of ico scam to avoid lossing money and work from it. Let's us know one by one  for those project that have an future for our in industry.
If you choose from new projects, it is difficult to understand which of them will survive in the future. Now is a very difficult time on the market

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
oceantiger

Activity: 308
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 09:18:57 AM

This is a great concept which will benefit both investors and bounty hunters. I congratulate you for such a vision. A regular visit to this thread will help anybody to avoid working for nothing and investing a scam project that will bring a lot of pain and sorrow.
Bostraticus

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 10:20:22 AM
Merited by TimeTeller (1)

In fact, most fraudsters are easily brought out of the shadows, which does not require any knowledge. There is a branch where suspicions are published, and I see that, as a rule, fraudsters fake photos and profiles. Therefore, each investor must first of all independently evaluate the project by analyzing the data.
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 10:40:11 AM

The only tool we have for now as investors, is our personal ability to be able to recognise scam project, until there is a regulatory body that will help to protect against them. Those who got exposed to projects of this sort in 2018, now have enhanced or improved knowledge on how to recognise some of these projects. Although, it is quite unfortunate that these type of projects are many, even much more than the genuine ones. Notwithstanding, we can still recognise them.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 10:45:14 AM

2018 WAS A TERRIBLE YEAR BOTH FOR HUNTERS AND INVESTORS TOO MANY SCAMS AND FRAUDULENT TACTICS USED BY CHILDREN CLAIMING TO HAVE SOME IDEA WHICH THEY NEED A FUND RAISER FOR...

As a bounty hunter.. the worse thing that can ever happen to you in the crypto space.. is promoting a scam ico unknowing to you it's a fraudulent company

I AM CREATING THIS THREAD TO HELP SPREED THE AWARENESS OF FRAUDULENT PROJECTS WASTING OUR PRECIOUS TIME AND STEALING THE HARD EARNED MONEY OF INVESTORS..

PLS KINDLY PUT DOWN THE NAME OF ANY COMPANY YOU THINK ITS SCAM AND NOT WORTH INVESTING ON AND GIVE REASON WHY IT SHOULDN'T BE TRUSTED

THIS WILL HELP BRING BACK THE TRUST WE ONCE HAD IN THE CRYPTO SPACE AND MAY ALSO GIVE LEGIT ICOS  THE CHANCE TO RAISE ENOUGH MONEY AND KICK START THEIR PRODUCT
Just choose an ICO from a country that has already applied regulatory requirements. Each country has own regulatory body that has impose regulations and requirements regarding ICO and other crowdfunding campaign like my country all ICO and other crowdfunding event has already legal if they acomplished the full requirements needed.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 10:55:23 AM

I think that it is best to stop investing in ICO projects for a while, and wait until a less working platform appears capable of regulating this process. Scam too much.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: