Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:24:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is CMC still safe at all ??  (Read 22985 times)
MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:15:16 PM

in my opinion there is nothing to worry about coinmarketcap because we don't put anything there because only the site used sees price but if you don't trust coinmarketcap I suggest you to use https://www.coingecko.com/id

kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:17:35 PM

You would not blame coin market cap for s scam project.
Coin market cap has a huge number of coins on its list so why would you search for a scam project.
It's top hundred coins are mostly legit project
uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 07:17:58 PM

CMC is not an exchange. It's just an information resourse. With good functionality. I use CMC api for periodical estimation of my cryptoportfolio. And it works practically without issues.

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
babicena14

Activity: 780
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:09:10 AM

You should use the CMC website as a source of information that can be used to form an idea of the project, but not as a guide to the purchase and selection of the project. In any case, the best solution is always to conduct your own research project.

nlaara12

Activity: 238
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 10:54:08 AM

Though many are beginning to doubt the credibility of CMC,though it has done a good job so far but somethings might not appear to be right abut CMC now.I just hope CMC can clean up the house.

imusify  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
DiscordProduct DemoO3 Wallet :: Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper  ❰  ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN  ❱  Explainer Video
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:55:10 AM

Actually i'm not heard about CMC is safe or not. But for it is safe and we can see some of the altcoins on their have no value or volume maybe it is failed or gone away and that was the time CMC will be remove of it.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:58:34 AM

I’m starting to worry about coinmarketcap lately, after series of deceit and spammish activity
The following are my observed reasons

1. Many dead projects still on cmc

2. Market cap is fake Cox many projects which have seized to trade adds up to the market cap

3. Cmc doesn't verify authenticity of projects before listing it

4. CMC now have ads of fake icos on their website thereby leading people to scammers

Funny enough so many NOOBS believe anything and everything dey see on cmc to be authentic

Let me stop here and anyone against it should bring a proof to counter it
Or offer more options
Until now, CMC has become the main benchmark in seeing coins that are listed and circulating in the crypto world. in my opinion CMC is still the best because it presents various important information on a coin. There is no website platform that has the same quality as CMC, for me we have the right to choose and determine the best website. If someday there is a website that is better than CMC, we will all choose the best.
consideritdone

Activity: 602
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 11:48:18 AM

https://www.coingecko.com/en should be considered
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 12:30:54 PM

Yes I observe that many dead projects are still listed on cmc but really we don't have any other complete website for crypto like cmc so for now let's keep the endurance alive
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 12:36:10 PM

I’m starting to worry about coinmarketcap lately, after series of deceit and spammish activity

2. Market cap is fake Cox many projects which have seized to trade adds up to the market cap

4. CMC now have ads of fake icos on their website thereby leading people to scammers

Funny enough so many NOOBS believe anything and everything dey see on cmc to be authentic

Or offer more options
Why do you blaming CMC , its all our fault why we dont do some researched about the project before we invest, and the advertising issue was not a big deal since CMC is just advertized it to get some payment or to generate income, we must act accordingly before we invest to minimized the risk of being scam do a little researched my suggestion is just look for another data and insight platform if you dont trust CMC.
RasenShuriken

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 12:37:26 PM

I don't think coinmarketcap will just stay like that, the developer of the coinmarketcap need to take a response from it. It is not very safe since there are so many coins are dead and most of them are shits. even at the top 100 there are so many shits coin.
kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 12:42:15 PM

Actually i'm not heard about CMC is safe or not. But for it is safe and we can see some of the altcoins on their have no value or volume maybe it is failed or gone away and that was the time CMC will be remove of it.
CMC should eliminate underdeveloped pennies and without trading volume, it will be better because it will help investors avoid shitcoin. I think CMC is currently unable to do this because they have made a commitment to list those coins and certainly in the future Coinmarketcap will have the necessary selection to eliminate bad things related to this market

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
sammy21

Activity: 672
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 12:43:04 PM

I don't think coinmarketcap will just stay like that, the developer of the coinmarketcap need to take a response from it. It is not very safe since there are so many coins are dead and most of them are shits. even at the top 100 there are so many shits coin.
how can shitcoin be registered on cmc? whereas to be registered in CMC we know that we need to require a number of conditions including trading or already registered in exchange. at the moment there may be many coins that are dead, and they should no longer be registered in cmc. and cmc must make a standard for that..

MEXC Português  |  Trade Anywhere with the MEXC App
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   SIGN UP   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   [      Twitter      ] [    Telegram    ]   █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 12:48:47 PM

Coinmarketcap is only for getting more information about a project you find interesting enough to want to invest, but should your investment goes bad i don't think cmc should be held responsible for that, however, cmc can try to eliminate all redundant project which have not been active with development of token in any form to filter out bad ones. The list of tokens in cmc is large with 40%-50% not active.
CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 01:32:40 PM

I can actually relate with these concerns, especially where it has to do with the ads, have seen certain cryptos that turned out scam being advertised on their platform, I think they should put a disclaimer on those adds so investors won't take those ads hook line and sinker that, as per deleting inactive coins, I have seen that happen

Jose Mourinho

Activity: 583
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 01:49:54 PM

If we are compare with exchanges directly, the data displayed by CMC is inaccurate, some are too large and vice versa, maybe they have a special purpose to get profit and influence the public to buy or sell coins that they have.

pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 01:54:11 PM

Coinmarketcap lists a lot of coins, but then again there are stupid traders and investors who keep on buying these coins. My main issue right now with CMC is that they should exclude fake volumes from shady exchanges.
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 02:08:17 PM

I think you have to understand what CMC is for its use. Don't ever make CMC a relevant source when you want to invest.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 02:17:59 PM

Or offer more options

You can use an alternative resources. Guys from openmarketcap done a great work for example. You even can watch for data difference in comparison to CoinMarketCap https://openmarketcap.com/exchanges/difference

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 02:27:09 PM

Well, I see CMC kind of like wikipedia.
It is great for general information and knowledge but a terrible place for accurate, legitimate info.

All CMC does is use an algorhythm to gather data to be displayed.
So it isn't really cmc that is scamming, it is just that crypto value is much more complicated than just gathering data.
And since it averages it all out and bases the value off of btc, there are innacuracies as well.
As far as old, dead coins being listed, you need to realize that blockchain tech never really dies.
It is a distributed open source ledger that anyone can use.
so as long as even one person is mining or maintaining nodes, it doesn't ever die.
Even if no one does that, it can be picked up anytime

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: