Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:43:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CRAPTOPIA all ur coins are haX0red  (Read 20695 times)
four3200

Activity: 1246
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 05:38:34 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2019, 05:57:22 PM by four3200

Very few could grade above it's level in terms of transparency.

What do you mean here? Let's be honest, no centralized, closed source exchange could ever be really transparent at all.

CRAPTOPIA broadcasted exactly and per account what they were holding.

Articulating the sum total in each account, exactly for post haxor accounting, would be beneficial.  

Cryptopia was 1 of few exchanges to actually publish the docket of coins on deposit.

It was the most glass of houses.

The tragedy here is the most transparent of blockchain exchanges still fuck'd it up.

■▐ ▎▬▬▬▬▬▬ 8 YEAR CROWDSALE▐ ▎■BUY UNO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▐ ▎■
bigDog9kiloasicTALKTop-apocalypse#420jfa#PR0#form#coin#POSpoll#simpleDEX #open🐢
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 05:59:27 PM

Very few could grade above it's level in terms of transparency.

What do you mean here? Let's be honest, no centralized, closed source exchange could ever be really transparent at all.

CRAPTOPIA broadcasted exactly and per account it was holding.

Articulating the sum total in each account, exactly for post haxor accounting, would be beneficial.  

Cryptopia was 1 of few exchanges to actually publish the docket of coins on deposit.

It was the most glass of houses.

The tragedy here is the most transparent of blockchain exchanges still fuck'd it up.

Cryptopia has always been actually very good except with shit coins getting forked out. I would not have expected this to have happened in this way.

If it really is an internal job that will be shocking.

Who has the real figure of the hack yet. I keep seeing 30M then 3M .... ? 50M? 5m?

They obviously did not bother taking the low value low volume shit coins anyway so most of the penny traders will be okay if they reopen and allow trading to continue or withdrawal of peoples coins.

Are they still trying to see exactly what was taken or they now know?

sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 08:39:08 PM

that are not good news for cryptopia. i was always very happy with cryptopia and liked to use it. to read that they were hacked is really sad.
blokklanc

Activity: 226
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:29:58 PM

We should not hold our funds on exchanges as they could be hacked any time and not all the exchanges refund their
customers in such situations.  Hardware wallets like Ledger Nano or trezor are the safest solution for storing your funds.
  Only the funds for trading should be kept on exchanges.

▄ ◤ HyFi ◥ ▄
▐░ DeFi & CeDeFi Marketplaces ░▌ (https://hyfi-corp.com)
cajuelan

Activity: 197
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:47:22 PM

This really a sad news, I hope this will be a lesson to people who leave funds on an exchange, i loss 32$ worth of ETH. But i don't feel guilty because this is all my fault..  Sad

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 11:04:14 AM

Now you need to wait for announcement from the exchange. I hope that they will return all the stolen funds to their users.
Getting an exchange hacked doesn't mean they want to steal their user coins and they can make that money in the long run or even more, You never know who is the hacker, an entity or the exchange.
Esterklu

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 09:50:50 PM

As i understand they stole just ERC20 tokens. It is sad story and a reminder that the coins need to be stored only on the wallet, the private keys of which you own yourself.
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 04:52:55 AM

Now you need to wait for announcement from the exchange. I hope that they will return all the stolen funds to their users.
Unfortenly, most likely this is a game over for Cryptopia. Who knows, whom is a real hacker, maybe Cryptopia owners just stealed user funds by themselves and all this news is only fairy tale. Now is not an easy time for a little exchanges and they want to survive anyways.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 08:21:17 PM

Getting an exchange hacked doesn't mean they want to steal their user coins and they can make that money in the long run or even more, You never know who is the hacker, an entity or the exchange.
But cryptopia looks shady for few months and now most of the people expected there is a hack happened.Lot of veterans habe suspicion that they did by themselves for exit scam without much bad name for the brand but anyway all the people who kept their funds at that exchange forget about it and move on it is unlikely to get into you.
four3200

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 04:33:02 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2019, 10:28:11 AM by four3200

Now Know little Vloggers are ranting on Craptopia.
Coincide with Grin and Constantinople ETH fail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0M2G4BtqhY
Bobby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKmZ4rMaETc
possiable she a chick

You can follow their thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1669443.0
I'm not use them yet, I'm still in watching, but sooner I will use their service. Looks like their developer active on this forum, but I can't say it's legit.

Seems like they have already do a regulation: cryptopia limited.

Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:02:15 AM

But cryptopia looks shady for few months and now most of the people expected there is a hack happened.Lot of veterans habe suspicion that they did by themselves for exit scam without much bad name for the brand but anyway all the people who kept their funds at that exchange forget about it and move on it is unlikely to get into you.
probably because im just a small trader, i actually find their service good, when i withdraw funds it actually send the funds a second later, i didn't expect this to happen, this would serve me as an example to not keep funds in exchange.
four3200

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 10:10:01 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2019, 10:55:51 AM by four3200

Still Waiting... [skeleton.gif]

It maybe near time to report to NZP the exchange has having stolen all our coins (because they have effectively) and at least it would force them to release a detailed statement of the situation.

https://online.police.govt.nz/  "Missing Property" report station
https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/5392901?backurl=%2Fcompanies%2Fapp%2Fui%2Fpages%2Fcompanies%2Fsearch%3Fmode%3Dstandard%26type%3Dentities%26q%3DCryptopia

I maybe daft, but if someone steals a candy bar from Circle-K, it is common practice to shutter the doors for weeks while Law Officials twittle twattle about the "on-going" investigation?

https://elementus.io/blog/cryptopia-hack-transparency/

Nobody seems to know:

How the theft took place: How, when, and where were the funds taken?
    How much was lost: Cryptopia has not disclosed how much was stolen. Media reports on the total value of stolen assets range from $3m to $13m.
    The current status of the stolen funds: We've seen a few blips about exchanges freezing stolen funds, but nothing on how much was frozen or where the rest of the funds sit.

This hack impacts thousands of people who have funds in Cryptopia's custody. While Cryptopia may have their reasons for remaining quiet, we think it's important for the facts to be known.

four3200

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 01:05:06 AM

service thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1669443.0

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 02:26:30 AM

probably because im just a small trader, i actually find their service good, when i withdraw funds it actually send the funds a second later, i didn't expect this to happen, this would serve me as an example to not keep funds in exchange.

Keeping funds online isnt bad as long as you know that the wallet or exchange is legit  and you dont also need to blame yourself if ever they got hacked because its an accident anyway and its not your fault  , its also not their fault because they arent lacking of security precuations  . its just hacker are more smart than regular individuals  .

I know cryptopia before and they were totally legit so theres no chance that they could turn into scam  .
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: