Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:27:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bounty Hunters Hate KYC !!!  (Read 93888 times)
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 11:36:27 AM

What i know,  KYC means Know Your Customer ! Bounty hunters are there to Support ICO Project to spread the word about the project .. BUT as soon as the Project manager mention KYC then many  Hunter run away  ! Why? Is it  because  people  don't want review their identity  for security  reason  or people  are joining campaign  with bot software ..  
With the possibility of your IDEA can be stolen by the scammer and then is it a good idea? A bunch of scam icos have asked KYC but the disappear after that. So, who will responsible for that problem?
This has already happened in so many times if you were including in the old bounty hunters.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 11:36:45 AM

What i know,  KYC means Know Your Customer ! Bounty hunters are there to Support ICO Project to spread the word about the project .. BUT as soon as the Project manager mention KYC then many  Hunter run away  ! Why? Is it  because  people  don't want review their identity  for security  reason  or people  are joining campaign  with bot software .. 

I think all of the above, but this is a decentralized community and we should kept our privacy, so many companies come and go with our identity and we do not know what happen to our sensitive details, this is someting alrming to any industry not only cryptocurrency.

siupang2

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 11:41:34 AM

But without KYC bounty hunter will abuse the bounty program, and it's not only a few, lot of bounty participant is disqualified for cheating for do things like that, otherwise bounty participant don't want to sell their privacy to unknown people for security reason but without it bounty participant cannot get their payment, maybe it's the risk to do bounty. If you want to be paid then take it or if you don't want to just leave it
fakegurutu

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 11:44:34 AM

What i know,  KYC means Know Your Customer ! Bounty hunters are there to Support ICO Project to spread the word about the project .. BUT as soon as the Project manager mention KYC then many  Hunter run away  ! Why? Is it  because  people  don't want review their identity  for security  reason  or people  are joining campaign  with bot software .. 

bounty hunters hates KYC because for them it violates their rights to be anonymous in the world of cryptocurrency, isnt crypto about being anonymous? but for some, theyre doing kyc to avoid those who abuse like registering an alt accounts.
prororo
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

SIGMA

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 11:47:45 AM

I guess because they are afraid that their identity will be misused to commit fraud or anything else, and also there are some of them who cheat because they use a lot of accounts to join bounty campaign so they don't want to do KYC.

KAR9821

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 11:49:55 AM

People don't like the idea of uploading documents in the internet specially if it's not a government website. There is always a risk of someone stealing the data and selling it.
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 11:50:03 AM

I think most people joining bounty campaigns are young ones who do not yet have the documents needed to submit for verification. Or maybe some are afraid that their identity might leak and be stolen by others. this is the reason why these people stay away from bounty that requires KYC
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 11:53:39 AM

I think privacy is more important than bounty rewards. In these days bounty hunters not getting a large number of rewards. Then bounty hunters are not going to provide KYC documents for small rewards. Another thing is there are so many scam projects. Some scammers are looking to steal KYC documents. With those reasons, KYC documents and privacy are more important than bounty rewards.
lizarder

Activity: 1554
Merit: 877

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 11:54:34 AM

in my opinion, there are several reasons why bounty hunters hate kyc, first because their data is afraid of being misused, secondly because they are cheating and with kyc there seems like they can't do the action if there are kyc, thirdly they hate them because the process is too complicated and sometimes their data often rejected when doing kyc

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 12:02:41 PM

I think it's because they can really take off the mean thing about crypto and blockchain and that would be sending anything anonymously.
Escf4

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 12:02:52 PM

Most bouty participants cheat in several ways and so if they are asked to perform Know Your Customer process with they find it difficult to do so since they cannot use the same identification card for different username. It would be like a work in vain and this is the reason why most of them don't like KYC.
There are really participants that will cheat in bounty campaign submitting multiple accounts , so some bounty managers and the bounty team requires this KYC to be submitted  and this will cause revealation of some multiple accounts, so the bounty hunters would hate this kind of requirement for some bounty campaign, for their identity will be divulge and known through this KYC.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 12:07:15 PM

because based on my experience, we are very difficult to approve by the ico team. even though we have uploaded the correct file and have complied with the Kyc rules, but still rejected. that's my reason why I really hate kyc.
Volk-05

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 12:10:54 PM

It often happens that we are told about passing KYC only after the end of the bounty, and in order to pick up the reward we sometimes have to pass!
soramon

Activity: 983
Merit: 100

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 12:11:03 PM

Well thats right i dont want to send my personal data to people that i dont know. I have no idea what will they do with that information. Another reason is so hard to get pass the kyc. I have fullfil the term and condition but still rejected.

eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 12:39:11 PM

I hate KYC for the reason that it can be used for fraudulent transaction. Beside bounty hunters are not investors,  is not anymore needed for non investors. I am just wondering that even the airdrop participants were required to do KYC for a $5 value? Come on, it is not worth your identity to be on the line.
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 12:43:02 PM

The main reason is that most of the bounty hunters are joining with lot of their alts so when KYC is asked they are not able to give KYC verification for their alts so they just skip this ICO , some dont like to reveal their identity so they also skip. As most of the ICO are not reliable and they use this KYC to scam others so this is also the main reason why bounty hunters dont want to give KYC for ICO projects.
Meryn

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 12:43:30 PM

not because they fear the security of their identity. but because they don't have an identity for their account. many have copied the link. they use someone else's like bitcointalk username, bitcointalk profile link, telegram username and others. using KYC is the right step to reduce cheating.

Georgiyk

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 12:53:59 PM

Headhunters against  KYC because sending a  confidential data, to anyone, for a few dollars sounds somehow not attractive. In some cases, sending your data does not guarantee 100% payment.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 01:00:00 PM

KYC is contradictory with cryptocurrency decentralized nature. It is just not bounty hunter that refuse KYC verification but the majority of cryptocurrencies community aren't likely to support that. Bitcoin works without any needs of 'middlemen' why should we don't maximize it. The cryptocurrencies community was growing in the spirit of anonymity and privacy, KYC verification is definitely taking those away.
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 01:04:18 PM

Because no one want to sell identity for 5$.

You correct mentioned - Know Your Customer. We are more employees than customers. We get payed for job that is done.
That´s it.
KYC not for Hunters, my motto
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: