Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 12:17:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bounty Hunters Hate KYC !!!  (Read 93909 times)
dominos

Activity: 283
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:07:56 PM

What i know,  KYC means Know Your Customer ! Bounty hunters are there to Support ICO Project to spread the word about the project .. BUT as soon as the Project manager mention KYC then many  Hunter run away  ! Why? Is it  because  people  don't want review their identity  for security  reason  or people  are joining campaign  with bot software .. 
Maybe that's because there is many bounty campaigns and when you have to fill KYC to all of them you just risking that your identity can gone into some bad hands and your identity can be used to some crimes.
cudora
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:12:24 PM

Because there are a lot of cheaters among the bounty hunters, that are trying to trick the managers and to get more rewards. On the other hand it is pretty unsafe to send your personal information to an unknown project.

Ambers

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:22:15 PM

Bounty hunters do not like KYC because in most cases this is a common fraud, sometime they are forced required to provide their documents, but fraudsters use them for their own gain or to sell. None of the participants of the bounty likes to disclose his anonymity because it is his right.
wizardcrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

www.daxico.com

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:28:44 PM

There is no regulations of any sort in the blockchain industry yet and that's why many project team remain anonymous. These set of bounty that remain anonymous most often demand for kyc which is not really fair to hunter since there are lot of fraud on the internet where users identity are use for criminal activities and no hunter can identify these set of people because of the numerous compaign they have participated in . Secondly no be wants to promote a scam protect that might Tanish their image in the public.

bitcoinst

Activity: 1708
Merit: 651

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:50:24 PM

I think the root cause is that a huge number of bounty hunters are multi-accounts, and for them it is very painful to pass identification.
The second reason is the rotten ICO market, honest hunters fear that their documents will fall into the wrong hands.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
zabir.brutov

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:50:49 PM

I can understand bounty hunters because they usually complain this issue, when there was no bounty campaign announced and after the end of the token sale, the team members suddenly announce a KYC process for bounty participants.
d_fitrie

Activity: 589

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:53:24 PM

I don't hate KYC because investors also use KYC to purchase tokens on ICO, but I recommend using KYC only for good ICO and not ICO scam
some members avoid KYC for privacy reasons and don't want the data to be misused
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:55:25 PM

What i know,  KYC means Know Your Customer ! Bounty hunters are there to Support ICO Project to spread the word about the project .. BUT as soon as the Project manager mention KYC then many  Hunter run away  ! Why? Is it  because  people  don't want review their identity  for security  reason  or people  are joining campaign  with bot software .. 

I would say its because people like to cheat with multiple accounts Smiley Take a note on bounties that have KYC , you will see how many people participate compared to the ones that don't have kyc Smiley I could give many examples and its always like that . There is so many greedy people that even once i notice guy with 6-7 accounts participating in bounty . You can trace cheaters by looking at Ether adress and where tokens go . There is some cheaters who hide it ofcourse . Thats kinda sad compared to honest hunters :/
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:56:47 PM

I don't think it is even legal to ask for KYC by some private people
Most of that ico are coming from unregistered companies
Docs scan for some stupid tokens we even don't know to who we are giving out docs
So maybe first ico has to show us his docs
Scan of your docs
I am avoiding giving my docs to some unknown guys
I know some very legit ico done by real companies they never asked for KYC from bounty hunters
In fact it is first warning in a case of ico

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:02:04 PM

What i know,  KYC means Know Your Customer ! Bounty hunters are there to Support ICO Project to spread the word about the project .. BUT as soon as the Project manager mention KYC then many  Hunter run away  ! Why? Is it  because  people  don't want review their identity  for security  reason  or people  are joining campaign  with bot software ..  
The KYC check for bounty hunters is a disguised way of cheating by unscrupulous ICO teams. This is a way for the bounty hunters to earn the tokens earned by them if the KYC is checked at the end of the ICO or even after its completion. And most of the KYC checks are done in the second half of the ICO. Due to the fact that there is no uniform form for passing KYC checks, ICO teams come up with providing various information and copies of documents that we sometimes cannot provide. Therefore, KYC testing is mostly free work. Who would like it?
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:15:50 PM

There might be few reasons why they run away when they hear the word KYC. Firstly, they might probably be enrolling through multiple accounts or is some how abusing the system and might get caught if the user identity is verified. Secondly, they do not want to disclose their identity and wants to stay private. Or they are scared that their identity might get into the hand of a wrong person/scammer. Finally, they do not want to go through all those hassles of submitting ids.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
UniversityCoin

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:26:13 PM

The reasons may be completely different. Someone is afraid to show their personal data, someone does not want to become a famous person on the Internet, because your documents may be sold by dishonest people.
erkan.camli
Copper Member

Activity: 191
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 07:28:35 PM

I think many of them uses fake accounts for excess coin gains. Both side real hunters and project developers are facing problems finding the right solution for everyone.
Sanford

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:35:44 PM

KYC Gives nothing and puts me at risk. Why do I need it ? Such data in the right hands can lead to a complete disaster. I really think so. There is a black market data.
Maamejane

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:41:52 PM

Hehehehe, although most bounty hunters are worried and complain due to the disclosure of personal details that's  not all. Most are also worried since they might not be able to cheat the system when KYC is introduced.

komjhq

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:54:59 PM

Hehehehe, although most bounty hunters are worried and complain due to the disclosure of personal details that's  not all. Most are also worried since they might not be able to cheat the system when KYC is introduced.
Of course, providing personal data to Bounty companies greatly reduces the possibility of multi-account fraud. but it will be very unpleasant if someone took advantage of your personal data without your consent for evil intentions. Information about the sale of personal data of many people is often found online.
maxilopez

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:58:27 PM

I think that everything is due to the fact that you are sending your personal data to someone completely incomprehensible to a person or a group of people who afterwards can do anything with them

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
MiniMountain

Activity: 624
Merit: 101

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 08:20:41 PM

I experience the KYC problem on my previous campaigns where some bounty participants don't get their rewards because the documents they submitted was rejected and cannot go through the KYC verification which is uncool for a project since some bounty hunters works hard for it.

Absolutep

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 08:25:18 PM

There are many risks attach to giving out your identity for those you don't know all because of dome kind of rewards there are too many scammers out there looking for identity to use in scaming people.
suhardi3899

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 08:33:24 PM

Bounty hunters place more importance on their privacy, rather than selling KYC to get money. sometimes they also consider the results of handing over KYC. is the profit greater than the risk that will be obtained ...? if the risk is greater they will certainly choose no.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: