Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:20:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bounty Hunters Hate KYC !!!  (Read 93909 times)
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 05:48:10 AM

What i know,  KYC means Know Your Customer ! Bounty hunters are there to Support ICO Project to spread the word about the project .. BUT as soon as the Project manager mention KYC then many  Hunter run away  ! Why? Is it  because  people  don't want review their identity  for security  reason  or people  are joining campaign  with bot software .. 
KYC checks are additional and not the most pleasant duties for bounty hunters. Because it is carried out, as a rule, at the end of the ICO, the ICO team is interested in the fact that we did not pass it and in order not to pay the earned tokens. Therefore, I am not joining ICO signature campaigns that require KYC verification.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
Jating

Activity: 2940
Merit: 808

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 05:49:18 AM

Indeed, now many bounty hunters use KYC (Know Your Custumer) if they want to get bounty results, actually it was KYC to avoid double accounts that were done by bounty hunters, but it made the hunters uncomfortable, because they were afraid their personal data was misused .

I agree, and you really don't know what's going to happened to your personal data because there are numerous reports that there are a lot of leaking going on in the dark web, so its really not comfortable if you're a bounty hunter.

But not all bounties require or enforce KYC though, so for bounty hunters its better if you clear up with the campaign managers if KYC is needed before joining.
_IRMAN
Copper Member

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 06:18:38 AM

BUT as soon as the Project manager mention KYC then many  Hunter run away  ! Why? Is it  because  people  don't want review their identity  for security  reason  or people  are joining campaign  with bot software .. 
when the manager's bounty announces KYC, many cannot do it because most of the bounty hunters commit multi-account fraud, so they have difficulty doing KYC
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 06:28:02 AM

It's for privacy reasons, never liked the idea of crypto+kyc thing anyway and they shouldn't asking for kyc unless absolute necessity.

For ICO investments I understand but for bounties I don't. When was bounty payout $1k+?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Jaggi90
Copper Member

Activity: 476
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 06:40:24 AM

Bounty Hunters are not afraid of KYC. If they really want to promote the project , they don't have any problem with KYC. But ,if the project is scam , then there is chance of leaking their identity which is not good thing.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 06:41:02 AM

Crypto currencies supposed to be anonymous and I don't see the need to submit our identity because even if we used other people's identity nobody will know it, and its very dangerous to submit our identity to unknown site, identity theft is one of the hardest problem to solve
durudara

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 06:49:55 AM

with the many people who use the bounty and they are greedy to get prizes that is where the KYC program appears and indeed our identity is very important and vulnerable but on the other hand, they require us to fill it if we want to get a prize. I only hope that in the future there will be better system improvements so as not to harm both parties.
Kang Bahar

Activity: 504
Merit: 115

Silent Reader~

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 07:05:35 AM

Bounty hunters are not investors, but people who help to promote crypto projects to raise funds. Because I am sure, without bounty hunters, the marketing of crypto projects will have a bit difficulty in promoting the project.
So why is KYC as if necessary for bounty hunters?!

There was a latest scam platform that stealing thousands of identities from the bounty participants.
Nah. This is what I feared if I as a bounty hunter must complete personal identity on bounties which have the KYC system.
And I think, not all bounty hunters who hate KYC are had of multiple accounts that are used to cheating in bounty programs, but because they avoid things that are not desirable like that.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 07:10:51 AM

There is mixed reasons why peoples run away. Most of they i think multiaccount owners.
On the 2nd place i am put persons who dont have passports or not 18 year old.
I am also dont like kyc, one time one scam project give me onetime try for completing kyc and then reject it without any explanation

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 07:16:31 AM

What i know,  KYC means Know Your Customer ! Bounty hunters are there to Support ICO Project to spread the word about the project .. BUT as soon as the Project manager mention KYC then many  Hunter run away  ! Why? Is it  because  people  don't want review their identity  for security  reason  or people  are joining campaign  with bot software .. 
As bounty hunters, they want to keep their privacy and are unwilling to be discovered. I also don't like KYC projects. The general process is complicated and difficult to pass.

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
thaliaand

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 07:18:46 AM

Literally, KYC (Know your customer) is clearly intended for investors who buy (customer) tokens / coins from a project or ICO, while bounty hunters don't make purchases.
Our identity is something valuable and personal. Submitting identity documents to other parties is of course at risk. Not to mention we are not even clear the party can be trusted or not. Another reason is, the rewards of the bounties that we follow are not commensurate with giving up our identity. Who will give their identities for a couple bucks? I won;t
coin8coin8

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

False Moon

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 07:22:25 AM

In any case, it is very dangerous to present your identity information in order to get a little bit of profit, and in 2018 the bounty hunter is almost extinct because of the serious decline in the market.

Loser
Dilireba

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 07:34:59 AM

I don't hate KYC, and also don't like it too. KYC helps to eliminate cheaters, it's good. What i hate is unclear rules, and they break the rules.

░▒▓ DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI ▓▒░
░▒▓ A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments ▓▒░
░▒▓ https://dfinance.co ▓▒░
Nnedaddy1
Copper Member

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 07:44:13 AM

I think the main reason why bounty hunters are not comfortable with kyc processes is because in most cases the reward is normally not more than $100 .
So for them to submit their private details for that amount seems not sensible to them.
tisoysoy
Copper Member

Activity: 362

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 07:45:14 AM

For me, I hate bounties does have required KYC because aside from hassle to comply its also seems you got stolen your data privacy unto others. And you're not sure if you really get the bounty rewards after done KYC. I already experience this scenario, until now i didn't yet received my token after completion of KYC since November.
martabaktelor

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 07:46:49 AM

Not all Bounty participants hate KYC. From my experience, KYC is a good procedure. However, some projects use KYC for Bounty participants. After Bounty participants pass KYC, they don't get tokens. And there are already many ICO projects like that, so they hate KYC.
BitcoinCazh

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 07:48:46 AM

i think thats just rule was created from develop, and i think we all bounty hunters their say to ass investor, because after end sale that project we got the coins its like we invest so maybe their want to know who is the holder from investor and bounty hunters
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 08:09:45 AM

Bounty hunters would not have rejected kyc, if not for some scammers who steal people's identity, which is a risky thing if I may say.
Then, there is also a general notion that bounty hunters are not investors, but promoters. Meanwhile kyc is done mainly to combat money laundering, peradventure there is a case of such. So bounty hunters are just promoters and not bringing in money to invest, so there is no reason why they should do the kyc.
Ridwan.P

Activity: 411
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 08:24:50 AM

right. there have been many answers that say if that person does not have KYC on his account. and I agree with that. what is the difficulty of giving an identity card? they will not abuse. in fact, I prefer if the bounty requires KYC. no fraud occurred in the bounty.
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 08:32:30 AM

Bounty hunters would not have rejected kyc, if not for some scammers who steal people's identity, which is a risky thing if I may say.
Then, there is also a general notion that bounty hunters are not investors, but promoters. Meanwhile kyc is done mainly to combat money laundering, peradventure there is a case of such. So bounty hunters are just promoters and not bringing in money to invest, so there is no reason why they should do the kyc.

Actually, that's true. Bounty hunters are just mere promoters and not really investors of the project. So in my opinion, they should not be required to complete the kyc process. Most bounty hunters would be earning only few bucks from that bounty program. And a lot don't want to undertake such process, because they don't know where their ID cards end up with. You'll never know where they will use it aside from their platform. Remember, a lot of projects ended up as crap or scam. So who will use your personal data then?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: