Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:17:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bounty Hunters Hate KYC !!!  (Read 93909 times)
ryap12

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:03:43 AM

What i know,  KYC means Know Your Customer ! Bounty hunters are there to Support ICO Project to spread the word about the project .. BUT as soon as the Project manager mention KYC then many  Hunter run away  ! Why? Is it  because  people  don't want review their identity  for security  reason  or people  are joining campaign  with bot software .. 

I tell you the truth buddy from what I have observed. In every bounty, there are numerous entries made by a single participant farming the token rewards. Is not that fair for the company and for the participants? That person could easily sell-off what he got and affects the market price. I believe those who are complaining may be hard for them to pass KYC but I actually like it to reduce the risk of making the token/coin into a shitcoin. There may be no more hard dumpings. And passing KYC for me is simple as long as you follow what is ask.
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 06:27:22 AM

Its not the bounty hunters only. In Fact i think the whole crypto industry hates KYC. KYC is actually against the whole theme of crypto industry. It makes it difficult, kills anonymity and brings the industry under the govts and institutions which is being hated by all the community.
Enzo05

Activity: 938
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:28:11 AM

If the bounty manager will tell about KYC in the first week of bounty then its good but if KYC will be applied at the end of bounty campaign then its like unfair to some bounty participants . I dont see any wrong with it because I know it helps to minimize cheaters.
Maady
Copper Member

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:38:47 AM

After doing bounties for more than a year, I found two main reasons for this:

1. Bounty hunters do not want to trade their identity for a small piece of stake.
2. Some bounty hunters are illegal immigrants and do not have proper ID documents, hence they know that they won't be able to pass KYC and their effort is wasted.
3. Some bounty hunters are cheaters.  They use multiple accounts to participate in a single bounty to earn more.
Where did that logic come from? any data or proof about illegal immigrants doing bounties or you telling this from personal experience?  Cool

@asriloni its very concerning for Bounty participants. what is the name of the scammy platform. would be great if you name this platform .

There was a latest scam platform that stealing thousands of identities from the bounty participants. That should be the problem and bounty hunters get a two choices for that. Participated by put your personal identity on the risk or not.
goaldigger

Activity: 2394
Merit: 357

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:43:17 AM

Why investors turns to bitcoin in the first place? Because of its decentralized system and anonimity. So do you think they would like to give informations to someone they didnt know and didnt sure about even to just bounties ? Ofcourse not. Added that its hard to trust internet people nowadays.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Bagani

Activity: 375
Merit: 18

send & receive money instantly,w/out hidden costs

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:43:37 AM

Yup, most of them dont trust the management on the project because they think that they will sell their identity and it is not safe. And the other reason is there are few of bounty hunters who uses multiple accounts on one campaign.

kiwoh123

Activity: 309

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:55:46 AM

some people just worry about their identity because maybe their identity could be misused because that is there are many bounty hunters who don't like KYC, I was the same before I really hate KYC but I need money and if I don't do KYC I won't get payment then now I'm used to doing KYC
Ostonian

Activity: 912
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 08:22:45 AM

I have several options for this. Firstly, for the kind of salary that bounty hunters receive, no one wants to reveal their identity. Secondly, many have several accounts, and one person and he will not pass KYC for everyone, so they go to other projects.
But on the other hand, if the earnings from the bounty campaigns are decent, then it will make sense to go through KYC.
iancortis

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 09:20:36 AM

What i know,  KYC means Know Your Customer ! Bounty hunters are there to Support ICO Project to spread the word about the project .. BUT as soon as the Project manager mention KYC then many  Hunter run away  ! Why? Is it  because  people  don't want review their identity  for security  reason  or people  are joining campaign  with bot software .. 

because most of them have another account, so they can use multi-account when the project has not KYC required. but if there is, no choice,  1 account for a bounty hunter can enter the game. so, maybe they hate and get annoyed with KYC things.
KKH84

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 09:38:06 AM

I have several options for this. Firstly, for the kind of salary that bounty hunters receive, no one wants to reveal their identity. Secondly, many have several accounts, and one person and he will not pass KYC for everyone, so they go to other projects.
But on the other hand, if the earnings from the bounty campaigns are decent, then it will make sense to go through KYC.

I agree with you, I think the thing that underlies KYC for bounty hunters is that many of the bounty hunters have multiple accounts, but on the other hand there are many bounty hunters who question the security of their identity, so many are reluctant to do KYC, with the risk of losing prizes from work they.
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 09:50:38 AM

Probably due to the cumbersome issues of KYC and not wanting to give their information to anyone. Make most bounty hunter hate KYC, because in the internet age, personal information can be used anywhere
Coffeehot

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 06:49:19 AM

everyone does not want their privacy to be exposed. However, the project team requested KYC in order to prevent the bounty from being abused.it is reasonable. I think the best way is to be a reliable third-party KYC company that can serve all the bounty projects. in this way, we only need KYC once

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
vanjava
Copper Member

Activity: 370

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 07:18:56 AM

I am a bounty hunter and I respect KYC during distribution. but I will not give up my identity, because it is very dangerous and I am afraid my identity will be used. I'd better follow a bounty that doesn't use KYC.

wxganz

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 01:56:12 PM

Because a lot of bounty hunters use multi-accounts. They do not want to spend a lot of money on the purchase of passport data on the black market.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
NynaHoney

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 02:47:17 PM

I don't hate KYC, but I don't like KYC and don't take projects that need KYC because I feel this is very annoying, after long
following the bounty and only one more step getting results but then there are requirements for KYC, this often frustrates me
Osayo

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2019, 02:56:49 PM

It is because no one wants to review his identity since we cannot say for sure all ICO projects are real. It will be a risk giving your information to someone you don't know or cannot locate.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
RomertL

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 03:04:53 PM

Only cheaters with multiaccounts running away from KYC. When you are honest with everyone and just doing a bounty, you won't be agains KYC if it needed to claim your rewards.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

trash321

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 03:10:11 PM

I have already spoken my opinion and I think it is necessary to add the fact that most people today are trying to deceive all this KYC process all the same because today it is possible.
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 03:16:17 PM

If the bounty reward is small then it is not worth giving our personal details, especially if it is not a registered company. They can walk away and sell it on the black market, you wouldn't be able to call the police - the ICO team probably used fake profiles themselves.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 03:19:35 PM

I don't really trust KYC at all but for the sake to claim my share I'm oblige to do so. I think KYC for bounties are becoming mandatory nowadays due to bunch on cheaters flock in the bounty system and degrading trust between companies and influencers, but I only hope that informations that they had gathered will not fall in bad actors hands.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: