Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:52:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it ok to lock your bounty for 4 months  (Read 21564 times)
Babbylily1112

Activity: 247
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 09:45:21 PM

I find that not good at all and the most annoying part is that it won't be stated prior to beginning of the campaigns only when it has ended and your token received, you will hear a different story

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Invigorated

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:53:03 PM

Unfortunately no! Most projects tend to treat bounty hunters poorly, putting in place so much restrictions and limiting how bounty hunters get their tokens as well as what they do with such tokens. Most times, these tokens are locked and release when the project value must have dumped hugely. Locking tokens is always heavily felt by bounty hunters because they are the ones normally targeted. These projects forget that, their success depend in huge part to the success of bounty hunters.
Uju4real
Copper Member

Activity: 349
Merit: 0

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:53:22 PM

I think the essence of it is to prevent bounty hunters from dumping immediately after listing thereby crashing the price if the token but they have failed to understand that investors equally dump too

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:55:12 PM

Bounty campaign now a days is not profitable ( working at least 2 months and you will receive a couple of bucks only )... so, 4 months is too short, I think you need to lock it for a couple of years until the revise of a new market.
Janevinex

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:56:17 PM

During this time, I think that investors will start selling their tokens and their price will still fall, so for bounty hunters it will be bad.

Well, few people pay attention to the hunters , I think in this case nothing can be done as just wait, because the rules set by the project itself (

━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━    (  (  (    What is MAST?    )  )  )    ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━
━━  ━   ( ( (   MAST.eco   ) ) )   ━  ★ ATO ★ ━ ━━
Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:58:23 PM

It is longer that most projects but bounty participants have to go with whatever rules are set by the admin team. Still better than many bounties that do not pay for many months.
Corer

Activity: 210

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 10:30:34 PM

This is the most annoying part of Crypto that I hate, you lock tokens so bounty hunters doesn't and when it finally over dumps, you unlock. Isn't it annoying

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[    IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━[/center
Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 10:33:27 PM

Ok I received my liker coins this month but unfortunately, I would have to wait for 4 months or the month of May before they let me trade their token, do you think this is ok they never mentioned that they are going to lock for 4 months during the bounty period, what's your thoughts on this?

This is their thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5061763
This is not the first time, a project has did this thing. This is one of their strategy to avoid bounty psrticipants to sell their token quick after receiving it.

Chomsy
Copper Member

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 10:40:15 PM

This locking of tokens for such long period is becoming the trend now. It's not fair to allow someone work without noting the locking if tokens in the terms of service. It should be stated at the beginning of the bounty.
Chomsy
Copper Member

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 10:42:45 PM

It is longer that most projects but bounty participants have to go with whatever rules are set by the admin team. Still better than many bounties that do not pay for many months.

Going by the rules is if such rule is stated at the beginning of the bounty, then when implemented the hunters won't have anyone to blame. But bring up the rules at the end? C'mon, we are all human beings.
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 10:48:23 PM

Ok I received my liker coins this month but unfortunately, I would have to wait for 4 months or the month of May before they let me trade their token, do you think this is ok they never mentioned that they are going to lock for 4 months during the bounty period, what's your thoughts on this?

This is their thread
There are lots of projects exhibiting this act these days.
They know if such condition is stated before or during the campaign, a lot will not go for it and those that are already into it, might opt out.
What they are telling you invariably, is that you do not know how to hold, therefore it will be done for you.
REYVAN

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 10:54:22 PM

I see the red line "they are never mentioned that they are going to lock for 4 months during the bounty period". Every project has its own policies, I understand your feelings, but they do have the right to change policies that they think are right, of course this is part of the strategy. There is nothing you can do to change it, my advice, try to make peace with your feelings and accept reality. You are not the only one who has experienced something like this, and this is not the only project that makes a policy of locking rewards for tokens for bounty hunters.
B.
Copper Member

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 11:12:40 PM

it was a long time but in my opinion it was still within reasonable limits, it would not be a big problem the most important thing is that developers would actually place their coins on the market, and should when they first put coins in the market, their coins should already have good prices because their project should have experienced rapid development

coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 11:26:21 PM

The team can decide how they will distribute their tokens if there will be a lockup period or not.
The ICOs do not want their tokens to be dumped and they could decide for a delayed  distribution in several phases to different investor groups to avoid that everybody get their tokens at the same time.
Bounty hunters are usually at the end of the distribution.
Saisher

Activity: 2296
Merit: 175

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 12:54:25 AM

But in reality when it hit the market the token is 50 to 90% lower than the actual ICO price, so the bounty hunters will sell or trade their coin at a lowest possible price and if they are unlucky there will be buy order anymore of the token, and if things will get worse, the developers already left the project.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Siti Nurbaya

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 01:38:44 AM

The token is locked for several months, but if the project is real and works well, I don't think it doubts, especially later on the token can also help you in the education they will offer. Be patient with team decisions because indeed current conditions cannot be predicted well.
malphite534

Activity: 319

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 01:41:38 AM

This is their thread

You are very lucky because your tokens locked only in 4months opportunately my tokens at PGC or Paygine get lock for 1year to enter our tokens into trading platform.
tranquangvinh

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 01:43:37 AM

This is their thread
I have joined many bounty and they also lock in for several months like that, it is their strategy to increase the token value and many ICOs are applying it.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 01:58:50 AM

This is their thread
That is normal because the project team want to protect the supply and price in the market. 4 months is short for you to wait. I have a coin and a year now never sell because voting where it is going to list is not finish yet. You have nothing to do if it is extended because if the coin is not listed on the market, it stay no value at all.

duongdaiduong

Activity: 289

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 03:26:13 AM

Before that, there were quite a few projects to carry out the token bounty.
This has 2 cases:
1. After 4-5 months, the price of tokens may increase at that time (the market recovers).
2. The token price will decrease (This is almost the default when the tokens list exchange)
You should be patient.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: