Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:38:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it ok to lock your bounty for 4 months  (Read 21564 times)
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 02:50:48 PM

Teams that do this must give no exception to bounty hunters alone, Investors of certain size of token should also be controlled. such token must be listed on exchange at least at the second month of the lock into the 4th month before unlock. Sometimes it is mere deprive of bounty hunters, if investors can trade.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
triangles

Activity: 566
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 03:12:28 PM

I once met a project that made a lock on a reward bounty is a dealcoin the reason is because they prioritize investors but still in the end the project falls, and it looks like locking is the wrong choice
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 03:25:26 PM

Personally, I am ready for the part of the tokens I received to be blocked for a period up to one year maximum, provided that the token does not fall in price during this time, or on condition that the developers buy out the token from me in a year for a price not less than on the ICO.
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 03:34:04 PM

Same thing happened to me last year when I did iconic bounty on bountyhive platform. They never mentioned locking during campaign till towards the ending. To make it worse, locking period was to last about 7 or 8 months. Meaning latest last November we should have our tokens unlocked but lo and behold! Team is nowhere to be found. Project abandoned or just basically, scammed! It is just part of the things we bounty hunters face. Try not to be dejected and work on other bounty projects. Good luck mate!

gendang_cinta

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 03:47:36 PM

I once met a project that made a lock on a reward bounty is a dealcoin the reason is because they prioritize investors but still in the end the project falls, and it looks like locking is the wrong choice
if the project is good then there is no need to lock the token especially for months. so it's likely that the project is bad if it locks your gift. or that's just an excuse because they don't want to immediately announce if the project really fails.
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 03:49:07 PM

They most likely just to make sure that they don't want their coins has low value once hits to the exchanges, like most of new coins do. Yea, it sounds really unfortunate to lock your payment and you can't get your money after your "hard" work. But, it's not all their fault.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 03:54:57 PM

Some projects fear that their tokens value will be dumped after listing on exchanges so they implement certain drawbacks like "locking" in order to protect the value of their coins. However, I agree that they should have informed you earlier about their plans but it is what it is...

Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 03:56:51 PM

I have liker token and I didn't realize that they locked it because I never have intention to sell it. Because of current market condition, I have no problem even if they locked it and just 4 month, in the crypto world maybe it just short of time. I have experienced many token without locked that never good in the market. So personally I will enjoy liker coin with hoping their strategy will work to make better price.

Really? do you think that's best approach to control price dump? Okey lets assume your liker tokens where locked for 4 month for every participant, and depending on the token allocation to this bounty - it could huge amount or not, then it is time to releas to to all participants, dont you think it will still affect price in a way?

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
vhns222

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 04:01:05 PM

Yep sometimes it happens but they do this because of market situation, as most of the hunters would dump tokens but they must do this with early investors too.

alonelyorange

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 04:04:09 PM

I hate with some bounty campaign reward lock for several months later, many bounty campaign reward always lock their token giving for bounty participants about two or three months and open it after price dump and lower.
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 04:32:10 PM

I hate with some bounty campaign reward lock for several months later, many bounty campaign reward always lock their token giving for bounty participants about two or three months and open it after price dump and lower.
there is nothing wrong if some bounty campaigns still lock their tokens a few months after distribution because I think that is only part of the strategy so that the price of the coin at the exchange does not collapse and does not make many investors lose.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 05:45:12 PM

Ok I received my liker coins this month but unfortunately, I would have to wait for 4 months or the month of May before they let me trade their token, do you think this is ok they never mentioned that they are going to lock for 4 months during the bounty period, what's your thoughts on this?

This is their thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5061763
Blocking received new tokens in our wallets is not very pleasant, however, believe me, this is not the worst option at this difficult time. The fact that you received a token and the project will develop, this is already a great rare success in our time. Almost all new tokens that fall on the stock exchange fall in price, sometimes thousands of times. Therefore, I am not even interested in the price of a new token on the stock exchange, because I know that selling them now is not profitable. Therefore, I would not be worth worrying about blocking tokens in the wallet; the ICO team thus saves them from depreciation.
uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 06:06:02 PM

Ok I received my liker coins this month but unfortunately, I would have to wait for 4 months or the month of May before they let me trade their token, do you think this is ok they never mentioned that they are going to lock for 4 months during the bounty period, what's your thoughts on this?

This is their thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5061763
Blocking received new tokens in our wallets is not very pleasant, however, believe me, this is not the worst option at this difficult time. The fact that you received a token and the project will develop, this is already a great rare success in our time. Almost all new tokens that fall on the stock exchange fall in price, sometimes thousands of times. Therefore, I am not even interested in the price of a new token on the stock exchange, because I know that selling them now is not profitable. Therefore, I would not be worth worrying about blocking tokens in the wallet; the ICO team thus saves them from depreciation.

Exactly! The receiving of bounty tokens now is big luck.
Maybe they give a gift to you that hold your tokens. It's probably in May their cost will be higher

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 06:18:37 PM

If you think 4 months is long enough, i have to wait for almost a year. I finished my bounty on April 2018, and I just got my token on Desember 2018, and now the token hasn't even release in the market. It's annoying if they made you wait but then again, they have their own strategy so that their price won't drop and ruin their price in the market. You just have to be patient.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 06:40:35 PM

It is not ok, but do you have other options? I don't think so, because bounty hunters have to wait in order to receive their reward. Nothing more can be done.
dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 07:04:50 PM

On the one hand, this is true, since with this action the project will secure the course of its token, but in such cases it is necessary to initially notify the participants of the company’s bounty about such actions, but on the other hand, for 4 months, no reward will be wanted.

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
moonblocks

Activity: 714

3... 2... 1... Launch!

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 12:43:29 AM

If you weren't informed of this condition up front it's not really fair but the terms and conditions for bounty campaigns generally tend to change at any given time even without prior notice and there's not a real lot you can do from a legal point of view so just be patient and you should receive your rewards

79b79aa8d5047da6d3XX

Activity: 660
Merit: 101

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 12:53:33 AM

Yes because those are scam projects and no matter how they do, their projects will fail. I really hate those projects because we have wasted a long time but we have to keep waiting when the rewards continue to be locked.

LiquorBan

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 06:44:02 AM

This is a good move for the project to lock bounty tokens to protect the price and prevent dumping because some bounty hunters once they receive their token they will immediately dump and the price will go down.
kakawin

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 06:52:57 AM

The project is trying to avoid a sharp decline in the price of the token. This is good for the project, but unfair to bounty hunters. Most likely, you just have to put up with it, because it is connected with the state of the crypto market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: