Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:40:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it ok to lock your bounty for 4 months  (Read 21564 times)
Henisusan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 11:18:06 PM

They locked the Bounty because of poor market conditions. Maybe this is their strategy to keep prices good and not collapse. Maybe you should be patient until they reopen the Bounty token.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 11:27:00 PM

OP their is no other option as you have got lock-in bounty, which you have to follow it, it all depends on the quality of the token/coin success and how they are going to promote their project. If it is good then you will get good returns if not forget it and move on to other project.
kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 04:51:57 AM

It is indeed sometimes annoying. However, the team did not want to sell the coin at a low price so that lock them to avoid massive sales can make prices fall. not to mention on the condition that Crypto is indeed too bad this will result in any coin that appears or just finished ICO into fall and far from the expected value.

Atang Sulaeman

Activity: 910
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 05:06:36 AM

for the locking of a token or coin by the founder is a natural thing, because they think to
stabilize the price released, because there are so many examples if a coin or token is directly
released in the market, bounty hunters sometimes sell it even though the price is very well below the ICO price
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 06:10:04 AM

This is one of the reasons why ICO is not my favourite ,why would they do that? I'm guess they did that out of fear that dumpers will make the price crumbles,but still this doesn't safe the project from dumpers ,I believe if the teams behind the project trust there work they won't have to worry about the price at all as market is not already in good shape

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 06:18:53 AM

for the locking of a token or coin by the founder is a natural thing, because they think to
stabilize the price released, because there are so many examples if a coin or token is directly
released in the market, bounty hunters sometimes sell it even though the price is very well below the ICO price
But they are wrong at this case, remember whatever how long you lock the token and if there will no a lot of liquidity in the market that support the buy order and that will be useless. the developer must put the main attention to get a lot of liquidity. this can prevent anything.
Laxus215

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 06:27:43 AM

Ok I received my liker coins this month but unfortunately, I would have to wait for 4 months or the month of May before they let me trade their token, do you think this is ok they never mentioned that they are going to lock for 4 months during the bounty period, what's your thoughts on this?

This is their thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5061763

This is ridiculous to lock tokens for four months if they have not mentioned on their bounty thread or informed hunters earlier about locking of tokens. They are doing this becuase they fear hunters might dump their tokens when launched on the exchange. There are some projects who did the same thing & when launched on the exchange their values got dumped because of pre-sale buyers who dumped token on the exchange. Take example of Hyperquant, Gamestar, Fiicoin etc due to this bounty hunters earned amount as per ICO price drops significantly by 80% to 90% which is not fair for hunters. Its better next time confirm about is there any locking period or not??, else your hard works will be worthless.

LUGHUL

Activity: 387
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 06:34:49 AM

Maybe they want to prevent dumps on their tokens. And in market conditions like this it is the best decision from dev.

▼ mindsync.ai ▼
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
△ Join now △
Nggedebus

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 06:38:59 AM

Ok I received my liker coins this month but unfortunately, I would have to wait for 4 months or the month of May before they let me trade their token, do you think this is ok they never mentioned that they are going to lock for 4 months during the bounty period, what's your thoughts on this?

This is their thread
I think that is OK, perhaps they still need to prepare for the market listing or they are waiting until the market reach a stable state, cause as we know the market today is still so low and so much fluctuated.
Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 07:05:05 AM

This is their thread

It's really up to the project team before tokens gets unlocked.
They're just protecting their token price as we are in the bear market and releasing it now will be detrimental for the price of their token.

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
shamc
Copper Member

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 07:19:59 AM

These kind of decisions should be made public at the start of the bounty campaign. It's bad when at the end they suddenly decide that bounty hunters should not get paid until everyone else has dumped

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 07:53:21 AM

Bounty is of course very dependent on the market, if the market is still red like in 2018 then we cannot get income from the bounty, and what we can do is hope that strict regulations will be made immediately on ICOs.
Bravext
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 08:24:57 AM

It depends on the agreement before the bounty activities started, if they stated this rule before the campaign started, then it's cool, I am participating in a bounty that would lock the tokens for 3 months but I do not mind because it was stated from the beginning.
CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 08:32:10 AM

it was bad, I had experienced the bounty token locked for 6 months and after the token was unlocked the project was lost and worthless. we must be careful now not to meet a project like that again

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
Bagani

Activity: 375
Merit: 18

send & receive money instantly,w/out hidden costs

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 08:34:28 AM

This is their thread
If its the projects team decision, we cannot do anything about it. We just have to accept it and wait for it to unlock. Its their strategy to avoid dump of their token and let the investors freely trade their tokens in this time span.

eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 08:36:17 AM

I've been waiting for my one bounty and didn't received any.

These projects are still thinking that the market conditions isn't favorable to them to dispose and distribute their tokens.
nreal

Activity: 932
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 08:49:14 AM

Not quite perfect, but at least they paid you the token, and planned to list it on an exchange. That is acceptable.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 09:00:36 AM

If it's part of their strategy then you can't anything about it

That's not fair. In the end, it should have the right to save money for a coin that it invests. I think just because of these arbitrary practices, the ICO will end and the STO will begin.
SwiggHeart

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 09:10:22 AM

This is their thread
They might just wanted to reduce the dump activity once they get listed on an exchange, that's why they lock the tokens to be traded in anywhere exchange.
judeafante (OP)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 09:57:26 AM

Come on people they have Total supply:  1,000,000,000 LK and the bounty hunter allocation is 5,000,000 not even 3% of the supply, where did they get the idea that 5 million supply can disrupt a volume of 1 billion I don't know this is the first time I joined a token that was locked this long.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████