Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:01:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it ok to lock your bounty for 4 months  (Read 21564 times)
sends1

Activity: 756
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 06:43:15 PM

I think as a bounty hunter you can only wait for the distribution of tokens, they usually reduce the risk of dumping on the cmiiw's token.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MirclIX

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 06:45:37 PM

It seems to me that in such a situation it is difficult to do something.
The developers thus decided to further stir up interest in their project.
I really hope that you get what you deservedly earned.

[ Z ] ZooomEx◾ 0%  trading  FEE    CRYPTO EXCHANGE
███████ (❪ https://www.zooomex.com/ ❫) ███████
tmpwhore

Activity: 343
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 06:48:48 PM

There is a bad situation on the market now. The project's strategy doesn't let you to dump their coin while the whole market is falling. When the situation will be more patient you will sell your tokens.
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 06:53:17 PM

It wouldn't be a bad idea to lock the bounty for a few months, as some time the market is a very bad situation, so releasing the token in such a situation would be very bad for the project. So, it would be better to lock the token for a few months and then release it when the situation is a little better.

Sanderion

Activity: 434

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 06:58:35 PM

This happens not only with tokens earned from bounty programs. Many ICO projects delay issuing tokens for up to six months! Some projects change the conditions for unlocking tokens for early investors and so on. You should not worry much about this, these are the realities of the market. Now it's best to be patient and not to spoil the reputation of projects.

ninja811

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 07:02:23 PM

After the cryptocurrency market recovers completely and gains its former glory, you can get the desired profit from these coins.
In the meantime, do not despair, in this situation you have to wait.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
yescrypto

Activity: 319
Merit: 2

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 07:23:17 PM

I think locking it should not be a problem as long as the whole token is being locked so why worried, but if it is to be that only the bounty distributed tokens are locked then there is a problem which need to be dealt with with the organizers. Because how on earth someone will work and sell at valueless prices.

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 07:58:14 PM

I think it's okay the decision of the developer is for the good of the project. As long as the smart contract is locked not even the ICO investors can trade their tokens. You need to bear with the developer as they have the best intention to locked the tokens. You need to be patient as 4 months it's not too long.
el_lobo
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 08:36:42 PM

Ok I received my liker coins this month but unfortunately, I would have to wait for 4 months or the month of May before they let me trade their token, do you think this is ok they never mentioned that they are going to lock for 4 months during the bounty period, what's your thoughts on this?

This is their thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5061763
That is not a nice decision from the team, but they can decide that.
It would have been fair if they had said that from the beginning.
But as written, they have the right to decide this.
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 09:34:16 PM

This is normal. Apparently the team decided therefore to keep the coin from falling. Some projects simply delay listing on the stock exchange, and some freeze tokens.

Denton

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 09:42:22 PM

Yes, the team should have warned about this at the very beginning of the bounty company. Maybe they did it for good purposes for the project, but it's not good to announce it at the very end. Because someone may not be ready for this and do not agree with these conditions.

pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 09:50:36 PM

I personally don't think it is good or OK to lock bounty tokens for that long, because most bounty hunters participate in bounties for a living, so locking the tokens for that long will affect. Also any bounty that wants to lock up bounty hunters tokens should state it as part of the rules for the bounty so that we will be fully aware of it and can decide whether to participate or not.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 09:52:10 PM

This is normal. Apparently the team decided therefore to keep the coin from falling. Some projects simply delay listing on the stock exchange, and some freeze tokens.
Team have rights to do so but it doesn't mean same thing to prevent possible dump. Bounty hunters are not usually investors and locking bounty rewards have more advantages than disadvantages.
Quintrix

Activity: 259
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 10:10:01 PM

If it's part of their strategy then you can't anything about it

It's a bad precedent for all of us bounty hunters what if they do not announce it and then they lock the coin for 6 to one year and everybody is doing it I don't think bounty hunters will be interested to promote ICO anymore, consider them as scamming the bounty hunters.

Aponkye1

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 10:20:37 PM

This is one of the great concerns in the crypto community currently and it seems most participants always get cheated. Ideally it is not fair to do this but bounty hunters have also been seen to dump tokens when listed so currently most pojects bring up lock period to sustain the value of their tokens. I believe when bounty hunters stop dumping tokens this trend of distribution might change.

sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 10:23:41 PM

after all, you got some token for your work, that is worth a lot. the four months go by and you have your pay safely. since many ico projects do not pay anything at the moment, you can be happy if you get something. that sounds tough, but that is the reality on the ico/bounty market right now.
kopisusu

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 10:52:32 PM

This is one of team's strategies in maintaining prices in market because indeed many ICO coins are currently experiencing huge price decline when listing and in my opinion it is fine, you better follow development of the project on telegram
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 10:55:48 PM

Ok I received my liker coins this month but unfortunately, I would have to wait for 4 months or the month of May before they let me trade their token, do you think this is ok they never mentioned that they are going to lock for 4 months during the bounty period, what's your thoughts on this?

This is their thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5061763
Since we are on a bear trend I think its good for the project to hold it for now since it will just become useless if they push it through. Don’t worry because if its a good project, you will gain more so be patience. The problem here is that, they don’t tell it in the first place but still its better to wait than nothing.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 11:11:25 PM

Is that the new strategy of the bounties that they aren't allowing the bounty participants to dump their tokens?

I have read it when I'm surfing somewhere and I think it's one of their preventive ways to stop most of the dumping session. They take all the blame of dumping to the bounty hunters so I think that's part of their plan.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 11:17:09 PM

It is not okay if the term was not mentioned before the start of the bounty, this is ICOs breaching terms of agreement but because there's no regulatory body they get away with it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: