Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:47:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it ok to lock your bounty for 4 months  (Read 21564 times)
alberdina

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 07:16:00 AM

We must be patient and you must also understand because market conditions are still low. We can see that in 2017 many projects were successful, even to get tokens it didn't take long. Because at that time the value of coins increased and they were not afraid of Dumps. And for now, many ICO projects that secure prices remain stable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Indai24

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 07:23:29 AM

This is a good move for the project to lock bounty tokens to protect the price and prevent dumping because some bounty hunters once they receive their token they will immediately dump and the price will go down.

I get your point. But, once they distribute the token to the bounty hunters, they should not be the one to decide what will the bounty hunter do with their tokens. They are out of the business if the bounty hunters will dump their token immediately. I personally don't agree with locking your tokens.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 07:53:42 AM

It is normal now that there are many bounties that delay months of payment on the grounds that the market is not good and now they need something new to be able to get a big profit

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 08:18:40 AM

This is a good move for the project to lock bounty tokens to protect the price and prevent dumping because some bounty hunters once they receive their token they will immediately dump and the price will go down.

I get your point. But, once they distribute the token to the bounty hunters, they should not be the one to decide what will the bounty hunter do with their tokens. They are out of the business if the bounty hunters will dump their token immediately. I personally don't agree with locking your tokens.

Indeed, developers team must want to protect early investor from dumping. If bounty reward not locked, developers team worry hunters will dump the token in any price and it makes investor lossing their portfolio value. I think its normal if developers team lock the reward for protection
jpnl0006

Activity: 480
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 08:25:34 AM

Its a strategy that most projects implement so as not to let bounty hunters dump the coins for the best interest of the coin the the developers lock down the coin
arwani1985

Activity: 817
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 08:28:01 AM

Today's average bounty payments are not clear. lots of delays even cutting allocations. It is very detrimental to the bounty hunters who hope that they will benefit greatly here
StatesManG
Copper Member

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 08:35:03 AM

If the team or project decided to lock token, there is nothing you can do about that. They might have their reasons of locking up token, maybe to prevent dumping. The bad side is that the project didn't mention this when running bounty.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
universal3ee

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 08:35:53 AM

Ok I received my liker coins this month but unfortunately, I would have to wait for 4 months or the month of May before they let me trade their token, do you think this is ok they never mentioned that they are going to lock for 4 months during the bounty period, what's your thoughts on this?

This is their thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5061763

If it is say before hand or when something unexpected happen it is still acceptable. If you give it a thought that if the ICO make their coins tradable at bad time the coins that you get might not worth anything at all and once it is trade-able in exchange all the other people in the campaign will want to sell away their token at the same time as well and high possibility that the coins value will drop to a low very fast before you are able to do anything about it. Personally i also hate this lock up but if you think deeper you might agree to their lock up also.

━  ━━  ━━━       colletrix       ━━━  ━━  ━        [ I E O June 2019 ]        ━
Bridging the Physical and V (https://www.colletrix.com/#/)
Mysteryla

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 09:34:18 AM

I have seen a project team that says that bounty tokens will be paid in the next 6 months after sales, this is not even talking about being locked. It means that the tokens will not be paid until after the six months end. They had announced it at the start of the bounty, which i feel is fine. Unlike some projects team that just postpone indefinitely. No prior announcement and no update.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 02:50:13 PM

Now this happens all the time, because the projects are trying to survive in a bear market. In order to keep the price of the coin, the developers postpone the distribution of coins, or block them on your wallet for a certain period of time.

I think this is the right decision. We should care not about our own benefit, but about the success of the project, which in turn leads to our enrichment. This can be compared with a forced hold strategy that will bear fruit.
Cryptmuster
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1209

Glory To Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 03:24:22 PM

Not to say of course that this is normal, but it happens all the time, and it can last much longer than just a couple of months, it can last for half a year or a year. Sometimes it can even be good when a project is well developed and after paying a token it is very expensive.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Goodvalony

Activity: 616
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 03:55:06 PM

what a wonderful project. i wish i saw the bounty. it looks nice. i love educational projects. personally. projects like Odem. the reason behind the lock is to avoid people selling off unnecessarily which i believe you know. kindly wait after the four months for usage. it is worth keeping serious. 
PattersonRaquel

Activity: 116
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 04:14:05 PM

That is their rule so you should accept it. They declared this when they launched the campaign. This is normal and you can see it everyday. Instead of selling them immediately, you can hold them longer to wait for a large pump to appear.

▂▃▅▆ BOLTON Coin (BFCL) ▆▅▃▂
▬ The Challenge that makes your dreams come true ▬
֍ ֍ [https://bfclcoin.com/]֍ ֍
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 05:07:06 PM

Not to say of course that this is normal, but it happens all the time, and it can last much longer than just a couple of months, it can last for half a year or a year. Sometimes it can even be good when a project is well developed and after paying a token it is very expensive.
well, that is normal. sometimes a project will climb its investors first. but, normally it's 3 months, but maybe 4 months waiting doesn't mind, as long as it's clear. the most important thing was already informed from the start
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:19:07 PM

To lock bounty for 4months is quite  unfair to bounty hunters if same is not done to ICO investor, thou have observe that bounty hunters do dump token ones it hit the exchange and this usually have a negative impact on the project, other strategy can be use to guard against dumpers thank locking the bounty.
frost_wind

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 10:27:41 PM

Ok I received my liker coins this month but unfortunately, I would have to wait for 4 months or the month of May before they let me trade their token, do you think this is ok they never mentioned that they are going to lock for 4 months during the bounty period, what's your thoughts on this?

This is their thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5061763
If it was agreed in advance, then this is normal. When you start work in a bounty campaign, you accept the conditions on which it is held. But if during the campaign a bounty pool suddenly changes or payments are frozen indefinitely and this was not provided for by the rules, then this is absolutely not normal and I think that this situation should be given to the public on the forum

jcmansah7

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:30:20 PM

Locking up bounty rewards is actually to prevent huge dump when listed on exchanges but i believe it was unfair of the team to have suddenly change the rules of the distribution. Even though they have the right do so i believe they could have better communicated this with the bounty participants other than slamming it down their throat like that.

ovcijisir

Activity: 1492
Merit: 326

🐪

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 10:49:33 PM

Locking up bounty rewards is actually to prevent huge dump when listed on exchanges but i believe it was unfair of the team to have suddenly change the rules of the distribution. Even though they have the right do so i believe they could have better communicated this with the bounty participants other than slamming it down their throat like that.

This can be problem, but there are ways to prevent dump and bounty huters form selling all tokens all at once.

aziziasa

Activity: 316
Merit: 1

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:32:25 PM

In recent months many ICO projects have locked coins for prizes. And this is very disappointing for Bounty participants. But we also have to know the reason why they locked Bounty coins for a very long time. This is done to protect the price of coins to remain stable and there is no dump.

━  ━━  ━━━     colletrix     ━━━  ━━  ━
Revolutionizing the IP Industry via Tokenization
━      [ I E O June 2019 ]      ━
bangjoe

Activity: 1428
Merit: 687

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:38:04 PM

the goal might be to avoid dumping when the market is bearish but even so, they must first notify all the owners of the tokens
but are you sure that the development team doesn't give notifications? do you always monitor it? maybe you don't read the notification about locking the token
sorry, that is only possible

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███