Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:01:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it ok to lock your bounty for 4 months  (Read 21564 times)
DZU1410

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

https://saturn.black

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 12:35:35 PM

Ok I received my liker coins this month but unfortunately, I would have to wait for 4 months or the month of May before they let me trade their token, do you think this is ok they never mentioned that they are going to lock for 4 months during the bounty period, what's your thoughts on this?

This is their thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5061763
For 2016-2017, this phenomenon would be abnormal, and today many things have changed, each project dictates its own terms and there is nothing to argue with, of course there is nothing pleasant about it. But you have no choice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 12:39:02 PM

As a bounty hunter i would accept this offer. When the tokens arrive to exchanges the bounty hunter usually sells their bounty coins at the first day and the price goes down too fast. So that would be bad for everyone. I think the bounty payments should paid late or the project pays to bounty hunters in ETH or BTC.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 12:39:52 PM

Bounty manager do that for the good purposes. If you are bounty hunter you can what happen to the token and that is decreased in the first week in the market. Maybe that startegy can help for the token to maintain the price at ICO value or it will increase it.
Firefoxx
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 12:41:11 PM

Every bounty has a set of rules and guildlines that must be adhered to, if a project owner decides to lock the bounty tokens and makes this known before the bounty commences, then there is nothing wrong with that, it is wrong when it is not stated clearly before the bounty begins.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
comchien

Activity: 340
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 12:44:44 PM

I met a campaign where they locked my password for 4 months, but they informed all the hunters and I feel normal. There could be some reason for the project that the team did such.

★ HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]
✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes]✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop]✈✈✈
Buntel168

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 01:57:43 PM

I think that is a strategy from the Liker team, and bounty hunter can't do anything just wait until the token unlock. Maybe the team afraid if the token listing that price will dump.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SPORTS ICON   │   NFTs WITH THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
[     Telegram     ] [       Twitter       ] [      Discord      ] [    Instagram    ] [      YouTube      ] [      Medium      ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
AtlantaFive

Activity: 594

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 02:08:35 PM

As a bounty hunter i would accept this offer. When the tokens arrive to exchanges the bounty hunter usually sells their bounty coins at the first day and the price goes down too fast. So that would be bad for everyone. I think the bounty payments should paid late or the project pays to bounty hunters in ETH or BTC.

I agree with you when it come to this and mostly the bounty hunters sells their token quickly for a below ico price that will cause a huge dump but honestly even if they do this and they start hitting the exchange and the price goes down then maybe there is a problem with the development.

Also there's nothing to worry about if you get your token to your wallet from the campaign even if they unlock it for a several months but not too long because people might forget the value of the token.

dimonarka

Activity: 994

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 02:15:39 PM

There is nothing strange in this. It's quite normal. I have repeatedly come across the fact that projects extend the bounty company. Therefore, it remains only to wait. Sometimes it is unpleasant that they endure and prolong as you rely
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 03:33:42 PM

I think locking bounty hunters tokens for four months is very unfair especially when it was not mentioned when the bounty started. Most project team tend to blame bounty hunters for the dump of their tokens, how will bounty tokens not up to 5% of the total token supply make the project dump so hard? And they have forgotten that they have given investors ridiculous bonuses during the pre-sale and crowdsale.

I participated in a bounty and the team decided to lock our tokens for 1 month but the token was already trading at 0.02X after it was released, how is that the fault of bounty hunters? I later realized that they gave pre-sale investors 100% bonus and 50% bonus for crowdsale.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
dabenko

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 06:47:13 PM

Most times bounty participants are always I haste to sell, but despite that, some projects still make their ways to the top and they are trading above ICO prices.
I have seen projects that locked hunters' coins, yet they dumped. Most of these prone ts should learn to work on their products and project in entirety, instead of focusing on unnecessary things.
innocentone
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 06:55:21 PM

Ok I received my liker coins this month but unfortunately, I would have to wait for 4 months or the month of May before they let me trade their token, do you think this is ok they never mentioned that they are going to lock for 4 months during the bounty period, what's your thoughts on this?

This is their thread

I think if it for the improvement of the coin, then it is fine for it to be locked. I mean, you supported and work for that project right? Why not support it until the end and the decisions they have made. I think it is for everyone too.

Patrix_1

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 07:06:47 PM

I have took part in a bounty that ended in April 2018. These guys have collected their hardcap and still have not even distributed tokens. It is silly, but you were lucky, that you needed to wait only for several months.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 07:09:49 PM

Learn from experience, I have followed a bounty like that and got a few coins that happened almost the same as you. Usually, coins that are locked by the owner of such a project will not long even tend not to develop, so my suggestion is that once the coin can be traded then immediately sell all the coins because if delayed again the price of the coin will continue to decline even has no value at all.
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 07:15:52 PM

This is what most projects are doing these days. They ask for their token to be promoted and once the bounty hunters do that, they lock their tokens or make them wait till everyone sells their tokens and there are no buy orders left in the market.
Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 07:28:51 PM

I have no problem if its stated at the beginning but I think it's unreasonable for ICOs to turn around and lock bounty tokens after ICO when it was not in the initial terms.
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 07:44:21 PM

This is what most projects are doing these days. They ask for their token to be promoted and once the bounty hunters do that, they lock their tokens or make them wait till everyone sells their tokens and there are no buy orders left in the market.
Yes. Now those tokens that we earn by participating in bounty campaigns are very hard to sell. either because tokens are not traded on exchanges or because no one simply buys them

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 07:58:09 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2019, 08:18:49 PM by mrdeposit

Is not ok by me at all,  if they are to lock token after distribution that four month of locking is too much .
Recently bounty rewards are delayed according to current situation. So devs think that if they delay bounty reward, they can rescue price. But, 4 months...  I also wait for 2-3 months, but my situation was difference. They explained reason and it was sense for me.
cchub

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

Migranet ITO

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 08:32:54 PM

The most important thing is not to lock you into a campaign for more months than originally agreed without fair compensation. Locking the rewards is not a big deal.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉  [MIGRATION。SIMPLIFIED 。]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
H1N1

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 01:12:42 AM

This is their thread

I think this is because the ICO devs doesn't want hunters selling their tokens  quickly just after the sale.
They want to prevent dump by locking the token. But i think it is not necessary to lock it, because usually hunters received only small percentage.

aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 564

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 01:50:20 AM

There are some bounty campaign that will not send your stakes unless they first get listed in a good exchange after a month it's even worse than locking your coins in your wallet because you already have it in your wallet, while that other campaign did not even bother to count your stakes.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: