Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:37:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto as a payment method for goods: what to expect in 2019  (Read 17310 times)
babarian

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 02:36:44 PM

I hope that in 2019, the implementation of the use of bitcoin as a crypto currency that can be used for global financial transactions can continue to grow and more and more countries are accepting and legalizing bitcoin, so the price of bitcoin does not continue to deteriorate as it is now.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 08:36:23 PM

It depends on which country you are referring to, it is already being used in venezuela and soon many other countries will follow. Iran is going to issue it's own version and Russia is planning the same thing too.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 08:51:25 PM

I expect merchant adoption to contract. If there's any expenditure necessary to keep a crypto payment option available, most merchants are going to get rid of it. No one's buying, let alone spending. The high point for merchant adoption was 2014. It's been downhill pretty steadily ever since.
argon76

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 08:59:48 PM

About next year it is difficult to say something. But in the near future, crypto will obviously replace or become on a par with the dollar, etc. Already, you can see how they are being introduced into various platforms.
Kelvinikke

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 08:10:45 AM

The crypto market has been in a very downward slide despite great adoptation of blockchain solutions and also accepting cryptocurrencies as a medium of payment on various platforms. Even though many are packing i am very optimistic that this year is going to be a good year for us to see a rise in the crypto market.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Moshaid
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 09:23:29 AM

At the moment now, lot of project are struggling to open the payment gateway due to the market downtrend. But am optimistic about what the future tends to give concerning the payment gateway.

► BLOCKBURN ◄ ★WHERE CRYPTOCURRENCY AND ONLINE GAMING MEET★ ► BLOCKBURN ◄
───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●─[   ABOUT US   ]─●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───
Website◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸CoinMarketCap
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 03:59:56 PM

I'm wondering what's your opinion on the goods purchased in currencies other than euros or dollars, say crypto. I'm aware it's being used as a regular currency in various fields now. There are, for instance, lots of successfully run marketplaces based on crypto out there. 
Over the past year, the market capitalization within crypto soared to the Moon.  Unfortunately, it's been a bear trend for a while now and no one can say for sure when it's gone. However, I am still thinking there's some light at the end of the tunnel - new market, pretty few competitors, great potential. So it's high time to become an active user.

So that begs the questions: Your thoughts on crypto as a payment method? Any progress achieved in the upcoming year?
There is also the trouble of changing money from bitcoin to your bank account with ease. That is why shops do not accept bitcoin that easily, we need a global company that makes changing bitcoin to fiat very easy and that way we can turn the bitcoin payments to a regular thing.

If a company figures out a way for a shop to accept bitcoin, even not accept bitcoin but just accept payments with debit cards or mobile phones, we can mange to pay with our crypto while they receive fiat, the middleman will be making money from the buyer of course but allowing us to spend bitcoin and let the shop decide if they will receive bitcoin or fiat INSTANTLY will allow us to use it in many more places. Until that day we are bound to just use it on places that accept bitcoin.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 257

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 05:31:23 PM

The crypto market has been in a very downward slide despite great adoptation of blockchain solutions and also accepting cryptocurrencies as a medium of payment on various platforms. Even though many are packing i am very optimistic that this year is going to be a good year for us to see a rise in the crypto market.
Means of payment,still we are not anywhere near it just thousands of shit projects were created and claiming that they are going to be the future of payment system but none of them are even not completing their ICOs successfully so investors and the people who want to hold are not getting any interest now so better to hold now than focusing on its payment method.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Chikitita2004

Activity: 560
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 09:41:45 PM

Actually there is this marketplace platform for major cryptocurrencies that held an ICO 2 years ago. Their goal is to find merchants that will be selling their goods in their platform just like in ebay and Amazon but they will be accepting cryptocurrencies as payment. I been keeping an eye on this project, but because of the current status of cryptocurrency in general they are not much progressing. I really do wish these giant online markets will also open to cryptocurrency as a mean of payment.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
Kimi80

Activity: 750
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 10:30:33 PM

I don't think that it would be much different in 2019 than it is now. If it is going to be some sort of payment method it should be easy to use for everyone and with crypto at this stage it is not. Crypto non-users are much bigger community than we are, they should get in possession of coins so they could use it... Sounds little complicated. It will change by years, not in 2019.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 11:37:18 PM

I don't think that it would be much different in 2019 than it is now. If it is going to be some sort of payment method it should be easy to use for everyone and with crypto at this stage it is not. Crypto non-users are much bigger community than we are, they should get in possession of coins so they could use it... Sounds little complicated. It will change by years, not in 2019.
I also think so.It's still too early to say that there will be great changes will take place in 2019 seeing the market is still in bearish trend.Bitcoin as a payment method might only be fully achieved once there will be a mass adoption that will take place.And it will only happen if all the people learn to open their minds for bitcoin.

Akagum
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

SIGMA by HYDRA X

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 02:05:39 AM

Progress is being made actually, I believe in no distant time from now Cryptocurrency would be generally accepted as a medium of payment for goods and services.
If this is achieved, user participation in Cryptocurrency would be increased.

JRoa

Activity: 528

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 02:27:38 AM

I'm not surprised when I found out that bitcoin can now be a mode payment to buy goods and services. Customers and consumers deserve better transactions and that's why they became interested to use bitcoins.

Kahoy01

Activity: 481

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 03:43:11 AM

Due to the rapidly growth of the cryptocurrencies, there are now merchants who willing to accept it as medium of exchange. The only reason why there are few business that are afraid to accept cryptocurrencies because of its volatility. I am sure that they can manage the risks if they fully understand how it works.

Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 05:50:35 AM

Paying for goods and services are what we really desires for public adoptions.  Bitcoin will come to light and be used by everyone if it can become stable like money.  I believe that blockchain technology is far better than any for of payment during transactions but it is somehow not stable.
outside today

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 07:46:36 AM

I'd like to know more about marketplaces' processes. How goes the payment? Is there a possibility to track the package?
QuickMaths

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 08:07:47 AM

Recently I bought a compact Fujifilm camera on MT, the seller easily makes contact, which is very pleased. In addition, easy payment.
56 nights (OP)

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 08:24:26 AM

I'd like to know more about marketplaces' processes. How goes the payment? Is there a possibility to track the package?
There are several payment options, but I chose the most suitable one for myself. The main point is that you don’t transfer the currency immediately to the seller, but create a smart contract. You throw a crypt on a smart contract, it is stored there until the moment you receive the goods, as soon as you confirm receipt - the crypt will be sent to the seller. If we talk about tracking, both sides are watching the movement of goods and the release of funds to the seller.
eatwhatyoukill

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 08:38:40 AM

There are several payment options, but I chose the most suitable one for myself. The main point is that you don’t transfer the currency immediately to the seller, but create a smart contract. You throw a crypt on a smart contract, it is stored there until the moment you receive the goods, as soon as you confirm receipt - the crypt will be sent to the seller. If we talk about tracking, both sides are watching the movement of goods and the release of funds to the seller.

This payment system reminds me of escrow-deals. Three parties take part in such a transaction: the seller, the escrow service and the buyer. But the essence is the same, the money is finally transferred to the seller’s account only upon confirmation of receipt of the goods. As for me, it makes no sense to bother with the bank, MT and so easy payment.
Bear_Cub

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 08:49:50 AM

I read the discussion and have a question. What cryptmarketplaces are reliable there? Was it worth investing in crypto at all and buying goods using it?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: