Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:20:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PCN] ProCoin: ♕ Get Some! ♕ | Build A Service - Get A Bounty - Web Wallet  (Read 45574 times)
aleks648

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

Bounty Manager

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 01:29:49 PM

SUMPOOL miners in here? If it is, I hope you can support me, an up and official communication. . . thanks

The source was online before launch which was my mistake.  This caused mining to start before the coin had even been launched so we had to change the code and then make it public again right at launch.  This caused any coins mined before launch to be out of date and not worth anything, as the only way to make the launch fair was everyone starting at the same time (including me).  Right now any updates/issues are being posted to this thread (especially the first post) so that everyone's up to date.
Please can you release an updated wallet daemon that behaves normally?  Please see the information detailed in this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=511678.msg5705576#msg5705576 and act upon it.  The daemon does not function normally.

Thanks

Aleks

Bounty Manager http://t.me/aleks648
sumpool

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:30:47 PM

SUMPOOL miners in here? If it is, I hope you can support me, an up and official communication. . . thanks

The source was online before launch which was my mistake.  This caused mining to start before the coin had even been launched so we had to change the code and then make it public again right at launch.  This caused any coins mined before launch to be out of date and not worth anything, as the only way to make the launch fair was everyone starting at the same time (including me).  Right now any updates/issues are being posted to this thread (especially the first post) so that everyone's up to date.

Since it is your first mistake, then how do you not earlier informed me that I promptly closed mining. And I have always been miners mining pond behavior, and only a small amount of mining. . Most mining are your users after the launch of a large number of mined out. Such a loss is the biggest miners.

I hope you can properly deal with this loss。。。。
ProCoin (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:34:29 PM

The source was online before launch which was my mistake.  This caused mining to start before the coin had even been launched so we had to change the code and then make it public again right at launch.  This caused any coins mined before launch to be out of date and not worth anything, as the only way to make the launch fair was everyone starting at the same time (including me).  Right now any updates/issues are being posted to this thread (especially the first post) so that everyone's up to date.

Since it is your first mistake, then how do you not earlier informed me that I promptly closed mining. And I have always been miners mining pond behavior, and only a small amount of mining. . Most mining are your users after the launch of a large number of mined out. Such a loss is the biggest miners.

I sent a PM to every pool owner about this issue before launch letting them know that an updated source would be supplied just before launch.

If you didn't receive that message please let me know:

Subject: ProCoin pool
Sent to: sumpool  on: March 13, 2014, 03:23:10 PM
ProCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:44:30 PM

The source was online before launch which was my mistake.  This caused mining to start before the coin had even been launched so we had to change the code and then make it public again right at launch.  This caused any coins mined before launch to be out of date and not worth anything, as the only way to make the launch fair was everyone starting at the same time (including me).  Right now any updates/issues are being posted to this thread (especially the first post) so that everyone's up to date.
Please can you release an updated wallet daemon that behaves normally?  Please see the information detailed in this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=511678.msg5705576#msg5705576 and act upon it.  The daemon does not function normally.

Thanks

Aleks

Hi Aleks.  We're working on that and will release an update as soon as we have it.  As far as I understand right now this seems specific to how the coin works with MPOS and it seems a number of pool owners have seen issues like this before and fixed it for themselves, but I'll also be looking to avoid further issues altogether by updating the source.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  I've numerous updates/additions to the coin planned and have put fixing this issue at the top of the list.
SuperSta

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:44:59 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 01:59:34 PM by SuperSta

We will also say that the following pools were too damn lazy to make their own news pages and basically copied ours. Do you really want to mine with Pools who are too damn lazy to do a simple of job of making their own news page. That's up to you but we recommend you stay away from pool owners who cant make up their own stuff and steal from others:

https://pcn.forkpool.com/
http://pcn.sumpool.com/

Lol!  Grin
You realy think it is important?
Your pool do not have SSL, live chat with admin, hashrate. I think lazy you.

We appreciate your opinion but our pool is FREE, we are paying for the server ourselves and setting up the pools for you without asking anything in return. Not only that, every so often we give bonuses to our miners, sometimes even up to an extra 5% in payouts for EVERYONE.

So you're telling me, we're lazy, as we don't want to pay for SSL from our pockets, and we dont want set up live chat with admin and that has to be monitored 24/7.

We are offering a certain service. We offer FREE pools, and sometimes we even pay you to mine with us, but we're not going to fork out extra money for SSL and live chat with admin at this time. If you want those extra features, join a pool with those features and pay the likely 1-3% fee. If you want a FREE pool, where any donations we get and sometimes when we're feeling happy we give back to our miners upto 5% for everyone and separate block finders bonuses for the big hashers, then Lifeforce should be your choice.

As for copying the above news pages, we think it's just a bit unfair thats all however we will see it in a different light: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So to the above pool owners of those 2 websites. We thank you.

obeziana

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:59:22 PM

We will also say that the following pools were too damn lazy to make their own news pages and basically copied ours. Do you really want to mine with Pools who are too damn lazy to do a simple of job of making their own news page. That's up to you but we recommend you stay away from pool owners who cant make up their own stuff and steal from others:

Lol!  Grin

We appreciate your opinion but our pool is FREE, we are paying for the server ourselves and setting up the pools for you without asking anything in return. Not only that, every so often we give bonuses to our miners, sometimes even up to an extra 5% in payouts for EVERYONE.

So you're telling me, we're lazy, as we don't want to pay for SSL from our pockets, and we dont want set up live chat with admin and that has to be monitored 24/7.

We are offering a certain service. We offer FREE pools, and sometimes we even pay you to mine with us, but we're not going to fork out extra money for SSL and live chat with admin just yet, till we have a following of miners who like Lifeforce. If you want those extra features, join a pool with those features and pay the likely 1-2% fee. If you want a FREE pool, where any donations we get and sometimes when we're feeling happy we give back to our miners upto 5% for everyone and separate block finders bonuses for the big hashers then Lifeforce should be your choice.

As for copying the above news pages, we think it's just a bit unfair thats all however we will see it in a different light: Copying a form of flattery. So to the above pool owners of those 2 websites. We thank you.

Bullshit!
I have seen these pools earlier in this thread than you came.
And i dont see fee on other big pools (dogehouse fastpool and other), very more miners setup donate fee.
I think you slander  Angry

sumpool

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:59:46 PM

I sent a PM to every pool owner about this issue before launch letting them know that an updated source would be supplied just before launch.

If you didn't receive that message please let me know:

Sent to: sumpool  on: March 13, 2014, 03:23:10 PM

Sorry, where is it, I really did not receive. If I have received, why would I do that, that's not white useless mining it?
azz365

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 02:01:38 PM

keep an eye on it!
aleks648

Activity: 230

Bounty Manager

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 02:02:09 PM

Thanks

Aleks
Hi Aleks.  We're working on that and will release an update as soon as we have it.  As far as I understand right now this seems specific to how the coin works with MPOS and it seems a number of pool owners have seen issues like this before and fixed it for themselves, but I'll also be looking to avoid further issues altogether by updating the source.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  I've numerous updates/additions to the coin planned and have put fixing this issue at the top of the list.

Thanks, however this is not an issue related to MPOS, it is related to the coind client being unable to display unconfirmed coins by any method of RPC call.  We have a work around at crunchharder but I wouldn't call it a fix as it requires hacking the code and occasional manual intervention.  We spent about 6 hours digging through your code last night until 4am to figure out the root of the MPOS issue as referenced here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=511678.msg5705576#msg5705576.  If you need some help then drop us a line at crunchharder.

Thanks,

Aleks

Bounty Manager http://t.me/aleks648
SuperSta

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:13:27 PM

Lol!  Grin

We are offering a certain service. We offer FREE pools, and sometimes we even pay you to mine with us, but we're not going to fork out extra money for SSL and live chat with admin just yet, till we have a following of miners who like Lifeforce. If you want those extra features, join a pool with those features and pay the likely 1-2% fee. If you want a FREE pool, where any donations we get and sometimes when we're feeling happy we give back to our miners upto 5% for everyone and separate block finders bonuses for the big hashers then Lifeforce should be your choice.

As for copying the above news pages, we think it's just a bit unfair thats all however we will see it in a different light: Copying a form of flattery. So to the above pool owners of those 2 websites. We thank you.

Bullshit!
I have seen these pools earlier in this thread than you came.
And i dont see fee on other big pools (dogehouse fastpool and other), very more miners setup donate fee.
I think you slander  Angry

What's bullshit?
I have seen these pools earlier in this thread than you came? <-- Not sure what this means, but ok.

There are many pools out there that are charging no fee and might have better features but these will be for certain coins only not for every new alt coin that comes out and every new pool has to start somewhere. We have chosen a NO FEE path.

If you have any more issues or questions, feel free to PM me. If you want to reply with more insults, we rather you didn't. Either way, we wish you the best of luck in all your endeavours.

Lifeforce.info
majorminers

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:16:00 PM

So when is PCN going on an exchange?  Grin

ProCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:29:03 PM

Thanks

Aleks

Thanks, however this is not an issue related to MPOS, it is related to the coind client being unable to display unconfirmed coins by any method of RPC call.  We have a work around at crunchharder but I wouldn't call it a fix as it requires hacking the code and occasional manual intervention.  We spent about 6 hours digging through your code last night until 4am to figure out the root of the MPOS issue as referenced here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=511678.msg5705576#msg5705576.  If you need some help then drop us a line at crunchharder.

Thanks,

Aleks

Hi Aleks.  I've been in touch with Paul and just sent him a message.  I'm in touch with other pools and here's the reply I received from one:

Hi,

You're welcome.

I rewrote the MPOS PHP payout schemes so they worked. I personally didn't see any bug with the 'coin' and assume it is a problem with MPOS. Other people had the same problem with other coins yesterday so it is probably an issue with the latest MPOS pull.

Thanks,
ProCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:42:13 PM

Sorry, where is it, I really did not receive. If I have received, why would I do that, that's not white useless mining it?

Please let me know as soon as your pool is back online and I'll add it back to the first post.  The message I sent to pool owners before launch is below.  If you have any further questions at all please let me know.  Thanks.

March 13, 2014, 03:23:10 PM
To: sumpool

Hi

Thank you very much for setting up your ProCoin pool.  I've added a link to the pool in the first post of the launch thread.

Please note however we're making a small change to the source and have taken it offline until launch.  The source will be back online as soon as this coin launches and your pool may require a very slight change to work successfully with the coin.  Hope that's okay, and let me know if you have any questions or need any further details.

What I can do actually is put the slightly amended source back online around 20 or 30 minutes before launch and let you know as soon as it's available, if that might work?

Thanks very much.
SuperSta

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:52:26 PM

Please can you release an updated wallet daemon that behaves normally?  Please see the information detailed in this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=511678.msg5705576#msg5705576 and act upon it.  The daemon does not function normally.

Thanks

Aleks
Hi Aleks.  We're working on that and will release an update as soon as we have it.  As far as I understand right now this seems specific to how the coin works with MPOS and it seems a number of pool owners have seen issues like this before and fixed it for themselves, but I'll also be looking to avoid further issues altogether by updating the source.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  I've numerous updates/additions to the coin planned and have put fixing this issue at the top of the list.

Thanks,

Aleks

Hi Aleks.  I've been in touch with Paul and just sent him a message.  I'm in touch with other pools and here's the reply I received from one:

Hi,

You're welcome.

I rewrote the MPOS PHP payout schemes so they worked. I personally didn't see any bug with the 'coin' and assume it is a problem with MPOS. Other people had the same problem with other coins yesterday so it is probably an issue with the latest MPOS pull.

Thanks,

This issue has been investigated by various parties for past coins. As Aleks said, the issue does not lie with MPOS. Hacking MPOS to force it to work shouldn't really be the answer to this situation. This coin and certain others in the past have been taken from a specific base source. That base source lacks the CoinD GetBalance "" functionality. So all coins released from that code inherits the same issue. The answer here is to fix the source code. Hacking MPOS will leave pool owners open for a whole host of errors. I would not advise it unless you know exactly what you're doing.

If you hack MPOS and force payouts to make it work. It might work for a short time, but what happens if you get an orphan or two. You might end up paying out these orphans and if there are no checks in places to prevent this, this will come out from the pool owners pockets. There might be a number of issues with hacking MPOS to make it work. Do so at your own risk. You've been warned.
Siggi84

Activity: 131

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:17:57 PM

A BlockCrawler for the ProCoin is now available ...

http://www.coincrawler.de/pcn/

greeting
majorminers

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:25:57 PM

A BlockCrawler for the ProCoin is now available ...

http://www.coincrawler.de/pcn/

greeting

Awesome contribution! Great to see the community growing.

thekekk

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:54:46 PM

dif stable i hope it remain like that

BTC: 1AqwCAprjKRniThdxvCDx1TMPUYsqd8ig7
EAC: eYqPmqv3AiB12Z5b2MMpNm1vXtVPnp5PPX
e-token: e4ViTyRpJF9whLiKtLaAranijfeoTrww4u
sumpool

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:06:59 PM

Please let me know as soon as your pool is back online and I'll add it back to the first post.  The message I sent to pool owners before launch is below.  If you have any further questions at all please let me know.  Thanks.

Hi

Thank you very much for setting up your ProCoin pool.  I've added a link to the pool in the first post of the launch thread.

Please note however we're making a small change to the source and have taken it offline until launch.  The source will be back online as soon as this coin launches and your pool may require a very slight change to work successfully with the coin.  Hope that's okay, and let me know if you have any questions or need any further details.

What I can do actually is put the slightly amended source back online around 20 or 30 minutes before launch and let you know as soon as it's available, if that might work?

Thanks very much.

Where do you send? Email it? Oh, did not receive
majorminers

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:17:35 PM

Hi

Thanks very much.

Check your Private Message box here on Bitcointalk. That's where private messages (that don't need to appear in public posts) should go.

Click on 'My Messages' in the top menu on this page.

sumpool

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:42:57 PM

Please let me know as soon as your pool is back online and I'll add it back to the first post.  The message I sent to pool owners before launch is below.  If you have any further questions at all please let me know.  Thanks.

Hi

Thank you very much for setting up your ProCoin pool.  I've added a link to the pool in the first post of the launch thread.

Please note however we're making a small change to the source and have taken it offline until launch.  The source will be back online as soon as this coin launches and your pool may require a very slight change to work successfully with the coin.  Hope that's okay, and let me know if you have any questions or need any further details.

Thanks very much.

Check your Private Message box here on Bitcointalk. That's where private messages (that don't need to appear in public posts) should go.

Click on 'My Messages' in the top menu on this page.

I see it now, there was indeed such a message, but too late to see, how to do? Such important information if you can send e-mail I would like to not have this problem and now the problem is that I have a lot of coins inside the pool needs to confirm payment, this how to do it? This does not handle well, I have no way to re-run  the pool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: