Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:15:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Be aware, so many scam coins are around  (Read 3629 times)
Robotbitcoin22

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 12:08:10 PM

I think that now you can select any project and it will be a Scam. The era of ICO has passed.I was very disappointed with the CryptoPolice project. Go to IEO.

Don't think that all projects are scams, yes, there are a lot of projects nowadays. but I'm sure there are still good people in an ico who can afford to pay investors. views may be negative but our thoughts must always be positive, and hopefully cheats will be rewarded.
arnoldrimmer

Activity: 358
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 12:14:23 PM

Now that most of the people are well aware of scam ICOs, scammer has found another way to scam people. I have observed 3 projects till now which I will list here and give you a highlights how they scam people, specially the newbie.

1. Privcy
Privacy was a free airdropped coin which was distributed freely over the community for helping promoting the project. Later, they decide to reward more to the holder of the coin in airdrops. The more coin you hold, the more airdrop coin you get. Newbies started to buy coins for getting more airdrop coin and DEV were selling their coin. I am sure they had a lot of fake accounts participating in the Airdrop. Can you believe they scammed people in such a way? Now, the project is died, 24 hour volume is- $620 which was less than $100 couple of weeks ago.

2. Profish
Profish was an ICO which came into the exchange before the bounty end. They were listed in mercatox and used to have some fake volumes. I don't know what happened to their ICO but they sold a lot of coins through mercatox and later, the price is now 1 or 2 satoshi from 650 satoshi. This is also a dead project. They scammed people.

3. Helios Protocol- Be aware
Helios Protocol is now airdropping coin to their community. This attract my eyes when I see user vectisitch was vouching the project. He was a moderator in privcy, so, there's no doubt that both of the project are from same person and this helios shit is also going to scam money. I want to alert you guys not to invest in this scam project.
Here is the vouching comment- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5118682.msg50087444#msg50087444

Thanks for this information,  yea I noticed most people were scanned through this method and a friend of mine inclusive which he lost a great deal of money on it but the fact remains that most of us are actually scammed cos of our greed to acquire and make more project and in the process you forget to monitor the project and keep acquiring more tokens which might finally turn to shit bit not withstanding there are still good projects out there

► HackenAI ◄  ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦  ► HackenAI ◄
───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───
Facebook◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
coinmaster241

Activity: 672
Merit: 32

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 12:32:18 PM

1. Privcy
Privacy was a free airdropped coin which was distributed freely over the community for helping promoting the project. Later, they decide to reward more to the holder of the coin in airdrops. The more coin you hold, the more airdrop coin you get. Newbies started to buy coins for getting more airdrop coin and DEV were selling their coin. I am sure they had a lot of fake accounts participating in the Airdrop. Can you believe they scammed people in such a way? Now, the project is died, 24 hour volume is- $620 which was less than $100 couple of weeks ago.

You are too rash in commenting, you should understand what is happening in the project. like privcy, I think it's still in the development stage because admin, dev, mod are also still active in there formulating something big to bring the project forward

Activity: 350

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 12:47:57 PM

Yes that's the truth. There are so many coins which have been created in cryptocurrency. Mind you not all of these coins are good. Some may be good while others may be scam so its very important to know more about the coins you want to invest

desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 12:53:49 PM

I began to think that maybe there would be no more bounties and ICOs here and see all change but scammers will continue to grow over time.

And why should scammers be less? We are still only dreaming about regulation, which means we are in the same place where we were in 2016-2017. It is up to us to identify the project scams and prevent participation in it.

Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 01:03:39 PM

The crypto industry has been prone to scam for the past years now. A lot of people just create tokens without any purpose and they will raise fund then run away with investors money. One have to be very vigilant in the crypto industry because scammers are on the parade on a daily basis.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 01:15:59 PM

I rephrase this and say be aware everytime because scam coins are always around
Which means there has to be a steady information source for each investor to ensure wrong decisions are not made
i agree, we always have to be careful with anything we want to invest, each of every altcoins in this market can be scam that easily fraud us, so no matter what we try to find information carefully, there will always be a huge risks before we invest in cryptos, but if we want to have profit that is the risk we must take before investing in new altcoins from ICOs
Investing in the dominant cryptocurrencies can be a wrong decision depending on the investment amount and market conditions. Scam projects always found a way to scam other people's money and this will go forever.
Kezacky

Activity: 745

https://goldeth.io/

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 01:18:49 PM

Yes that's the truth. There are so many coins which have been created in cryptocurrency. Mind you not all of these coins are good. Some may be good while others may be scam so its very important to know more about the coins you want to invest
yes we also know that all cryptoqurrency is not necessarily good to invest, so we need to do more detailed research before investing so that we do not incur large losses if the invested coins have good developments or coins that are already popular in the market.

awakpane

Activity: 1274
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 01:44:35 PM

Right. Thanks for the information. During this time I found many circulating fraudulent coins. in fact I have suffered a great loss due to investing in fraudulent coins. I hope in the future I will not repeat the same thing and be able to recognize the good coins and avoid cheating coins.
Snowworker

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 05:08:09 PM

The primary issue of our marketplace now is the bunco undertakings that make coins, which finally get aloof not essential. I anticipate that this desire actually be a bankable occupation, largely whether you instantly try to make method that desire be captivating in the forthcoming.
amaterazu

Activity: 407
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 05:29:27 PM

Be careful in determining ICO projects, because that is very important if you do not want to lose investment money. Every ICO project that we will follow, of course, you have to be vigilant and check. Hopefully by 2019 more projects will succeed.

█▐ ▏  DDCT  ▕ ▌   https://digitaldollarcoin.com/   ▕ ▌█
∎∎∎∎    The etherMillennium Coin of the Century    ∎∎∎∎
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 11:10:44 PM

if you don't want to be scammed by scam coins then you don't have to gambling on every investment you make on a new project, there are so many proven success projects with their coins that have good value and potential. so for what you are investing in a new project that will only make you continue to feel afraid and worried, if you do not have the ability and skills to research every new project, then you should only invest in famous coins on the market

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
galundan9

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 11:37:23 PM

Be careful in determining ICO projects, because that is very important if you do not want to lose investment money. Every ICO project that we will follow, of course, you have to be vigilant and check. Hopefully by 2019 more projects will succeed.

there are many projects that have the potential to be successful now but they have no chance to be able to attract investors' trust to be able to invest in their ICO projects, because the current situation is that the market is still in a downturn and there are many ICO scams in circulation, so those who the potential to achieve success chooses to step down or pause their ICO while waiting for everything to improve.
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 11:55:05 PM

I personally gave a percentage of ICO projects that appeared, scam ICO = 45%, ICO who did not get investors = 40% and successful ICO = 15%.  All of us must be aware and understand that crypto is a high-risk investment, make all decisions your own decision without intervention from others.. so be careful  Wink

Dagdadar

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 03:48:09 AM

Good from yr 2018 the amount of the bunco currency are actually accelerando thither are so various bunco ICO's that are actually touched of immense dim sum that we feel, and possibly any additional ico or scammers having a superlative chance to scammed others, we actually require to be many carefull this age bunco currency are in all places and we buoy possibly release our resources whether we are loss to lay out on bunco currency
Chinsmokers

Activity: 403

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 04:32:00 AM

It is true that so many scam Altcoins  that are around, so when investing you have needed to know all information about of the coins after of that you have to buy.
ansarose1

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 05:06:47 AM

Thanks for this thread pal. Wes hould be aware of those coins that are just scam. Maybe now we forum users should double check and pick what are we going to promote and join a project, we might know that we already join and promote a scam projects. So we should be carefull.
zauna35

Activity: 812
Merit: 287

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 05:18:54 AM

you seemed to be sleeping for a long time, and then suddenly woke up and saw the light)) yes, there are a lot of fraudulent projects around us ... a huge section was created on the forum, if you drop in there you will be terrified by the number of fraudsters https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0 ) so that you have unmasked a drop in the sea)
saint_casanova

Activity: 234

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 05:28:28 AM

if you don't want to be scammed by scam coins then you don't have to gambling on every investment you make on a new project, there are so many proven success projects with their coins that have good value and potential. so for what you are investing in a new project that will only make you continue to feel afraid and worried, if you do not have the ability and skills to research every new project, then you should only invest in famous coins on the market
I think they know the risk of those 'scam coins' but like you said, they want to gamble with it to make high ROI.
cryptolove.143

Activity: 246

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 05:36:14 AM

Wow, there are a lot of very good tips here coming from different traders and crypto holders. I definitely learned a lot! Asides from everything that has been mentioned here, asides from the team, background, etc. I also look at if a project was able to completely previous rounds of sales because that will tell the course of their fund raising. An example would be this collectible+AR project that was able to sell out their private sales already. And it's actually better to go with IEO's these days as it provides more security to people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: