Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:36:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Be aware, so many scam coins are around  (Read 3626 times)
valter_dego

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 04:25:53 PM

Thanks for the warning, this information was useful to me. Every day scammers become more cunning and use human greed for their own enrichment. Such projects must be exposed in a timely manner.
raes

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

The First Idle Defense Blockchain Game

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 04:28:31 PM

Thanks for the warning, this information was useful to me. Every day scammers become more cunning and use human greed for their own enrichment. Such projects must be exposed in a timely manner.
many have been published but there are also more that we cannot indicate scam. most of us just found out they were scam when they finished the sale and they disappeared not registering their tokens in exchange.

███████████████████
▀██████████████████
▐█████████████████
█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████
▀▀████████████

███████████████████
██████████████████▀
█████████████████▌
█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████
████████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
▀█████████▀
▀███▀
██     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
THE FIRST IDLE DEFENSE BLOCKCHAIN GAME
TELEGRAM   ⦁   TWITTER   ⦁   MEDIUM   ⦁   DISCORD   ⦁   YOUTUBE   ⦁   LITEPAPER

██     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 06:54:05 PM

Yes, this market is full of scammers. Where money goes scammers comes. I can recalled one thing that in 2017 or early 2018 the whole ICOs market was good to invest on. But suddenly everything started to fall. One of the main reasonbehind it was this kind of scam projects. Who promote heavily their projects looks like a good one, made some fake promises , took peoples money and disappeared. So if you want to survive in this market keep your eyes open and never fall into a scam.

Samboo

Activity: 434

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 11:30:29 AM

There are many different ways scam projects employ to attract many traders and scam them. I think both newbies and experienced ones get scammed at some point of time in a way or another. Generally newbies are prone to scam projects. I have been also scammed by some projects too. Lets unite against scam projects.

mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 11:37:14 AM

1. Privcy
Privacy was a free airdropped coin which was distributed freely over the community for helping promoting the project. Later, they decide to reward more to the holder of the coin in airdrops. The more coin you hold, the more airdrop coin you get. Newbies started to buy coins for getting more airdrop coin and DEV were selling their coin. I am sure they had a lot of fake accounts participating in the Airdrop. Can you believe they scammed people in such a way? Now, the project is died, 24 hour volume is- $620 which was less than $100 couple of weeks ago.

2. Profish
Profish was an ICO which came into the exchange before the bounty end. They were listed in mercatox and used to have some fake volumes. I don't know what happened to their ICO but they sold a lot of coins through mercatox and later, the price is now 1 or 2 satoshi from 650 satoshi. This is also a dead project. They scammed people.

It is great that you want to warn the community but  your description is not that precise..
1. Here you describe that they had an airdop program, this is not uncommon. Many coins has this, this does not make a scam.
2. Again common scenario in many ICo cases, listing ,fake volume and dramatic price drop. I know this situation also for legit projects.

MCDev

Activity: 680
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 11:43:52 AM

many have been published but there are also more that we cannot indicate scam. most of us just found out they were scam when they finished the sale and they disappeared not registering their tokens in exchange.
Now that situation seems to have disappeared. The scam project is not having a chance when the IEO appears. The IEO has helped the market to revive and good projects are noticed. 100% of ICO projects at the moment are scams

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Denongels

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 11:49:22 AM

other than that, in my opinion, you should be a little careful with the IEO project because if you choose the wrong result it will not be good, for example, migrants and xcrypt see that the token is now of concern, because of the far lower price of IEO.

Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 12:19:27 PM

Now that situation seems to have disappeared. The scam project is not having a chance when the IEO appears. The IEO has helped the market to revive and good projects are noticed. 100% of ICO projects at the moment are scams
It's not totally disappeared maybe it's lessen  those scam projects due to this new system which IEO's introduce to the market, with the help of good exchange who's screening the coin before it will be listed to their exchange the scammy tricks of ICO's has been decreased, but  we should all understand that scammers are always be there and they will try every opportunities that they've got so be very careful when you are participating to this kinds of investment business.
betty11
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 12:20:42 PM

I followed up profish and I was highly tempted to baging some, after I notice a sharp dump while the bounty was still on, I quickly alerted my friends to stay clear that it may scam. Bless God I yielded to my personal counsel. Too many scam parading as IEO too. People must wise up.
sijonru

Activity: 461
Merit: 17

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 12:37:03 PM

really especially especially new coins because from last year to this year there have been many new coins that were scam or deceptive. so for all of you to participate in new coins it's better to be careful that your money is always safe and won't be lost
New coins are the easiest way to cheat because the seduction from the developer who issued the coin provides a very promising picture on the accompanying platform so that many investors are interested, especially those who pursue capital gains.
If you are not observant and immediately invest money in the platform, chances are the money will be lost because the developer intentionally launches coins for fraudulent purposes. So from that awareness must be increased so as not to be trapped in an empty dream.

pankowri

Activity: 728
Merit: 63

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 01:54:48 PM

Yes you are right, there are many scam coins or tokens are around and they are also promoting and marketing their project in here. Though there has a scam section where many decent members work to caught those projects which have stolen others assets and want to do scam in future.

Actually, investor is getting huge lose for such kind of work if they do mistake. So we need to be careful more and before investing, we need some research about the project. Henceforth we will able to prevent from such things

yazher

Activity: 2198
Merit: 586

You own the pen

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 02:03:47 PM

These people will not run out of tactics to scam innocence investors, every time they caught with their sweet lies, they come up with a new strategy to extort the people's money.

Thanks for this warning. this is useful to prevent such acts.

Most people who don't take the preventative measures are always prone to this kind of fraud. that's why reading some post like this will make us aware of what's their idea of scamming people.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 02:07:05 PM

my friend also experienced ico scam like that, he was interested in investing in the ico because the discount private sale was very large, but not long after the private sale was closed, the ico developer team began acting weird, often they were silent when asked regarding the development of the ico program, in the end the ico program completely vanished

Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 02:12:50 PM

Thank you. So many scams out there. I wonder what they gain by making people feel distressed and unhappy with their scams. I know about profish. A friend advised me to buy some months ago. I'm glad I didn't buy it eventually

Miy Monk
Copper Member

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 02:43:07 PM

It's true. There have many scam ico. Many investors lost their money for this. That's where the ieo came for more safety.

Chicky213
Copper Member

Activity: 476
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 08:19:57 PM

other than that, in my opinion, you should be a little careful with the IEO project because if you choose the wrong result it will not be good, for example, migrants and xcrypt see that the token is now of concern, because of the far lower price of IEO.
Crypto is all about risk, you win some and lose some. You don't expect all IEO projects to do well. You will agree with me that IEO is way better than ICO, so it is quite helpful for projects
lornadane

Activity: 529
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 05:59:59 PM

I had a big hope in Privcy coin, it looked like a different project, but then I knew they are nothing but a scammer. And, Recently I have seen the Profish bounty thread and checked in Coinmarketcap, Profish was not that bad in CMC, so, I was interested to join in their bounty campaign! But when I researched about their community and the trading volume it looked fishy to me, so, I avoided joining in their bounty! And now it's confirmed that Profish is a scam! Thank you for making this thread.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 06:04:06 PM

There allways will be scam coins, first it was ICO projects then scammers switch to masternode projects.
Today i think they lauch IEO on non popular exchanges

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
bitladen

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 07:26:01 PM

There are a lot of crooks in cryptocurrency who always try to deceive people, I personally follow the rule that I don't trust anyone in cryptocurrency

adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2019, 11:52:45 PM

This topic is very enlightening on the grounds that there are some new in cryptocurrency projects in which the aim of the team is to trick at them and steal their money through exit scams. As of late there are a lot of scams coins out there or likely relinquished by the dev. Also, yes fortunately we have a hawk eye here and getting a huge amount of scam projects.
Due diligence is more important now than everywhere it comes to making cryptocurrency investments

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: