Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:46:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF Quark  (Read 2975 times)
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 06:05:40 AM

Quark has avg Orphan blocks around 5% and as high as 16% (just yesterday)

Quark getting forked is just a matter of time.  really, and once it does, no one will trust it anymore.

Put your money where you can trust, like Megacoin.

who would listen to some ass clown noob the woke up to crypto yesterday. I have already 50k Megacoin that is enough, some have 250k or more. It is a great coin, one of the best tech devs on here. However i still hold a far larger % qrk the guys at the core are very skilled at things way more important that the coin code. Did you not see that ADT  just moved complete chains? The coin tech is great but that can easily be changed. Getting a community and dedicated core/ services is way more important. Yes mega has a good community too compared to most.

Mega is a good alt, qrk is better in my opinion. You won't win fans over to mega from qrk... that just will not happen. You are doing mega no favours at all. Mega has a reasonable upside, qrk has a huge upside potential more so that 90% of coins on here. Most alts < mega < QRK.

99% of the time you see a qrk critic.... that's right they just heard about crypto... found they missed qrk....got jealous and upset....started moaning.

I really wish noobs were contained in their noob jail like before .... a few weeks in there before released into the wild.

The only people moaning about qrk have little to no qrk............but wish they did Smiley That is the most true statement you will hear on here period.

funny thing is there is a whole new world out there , we are 1 month into our stabilization period, i.e 6 months for distribution ~ 6 months for stabilization ~

I hope that in future we can work with other quality crypto currencies,  form political blocks , i have no problem with that at all , the only problem is finding other Quality Crypto.

They are out there, and i'm not talking about merging Dev team or anything spammy like that, I'm talking about in the preferable sphere where it makes business sense.

Payment systems , ATM's mico businesses .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:08:41 PM

one pool is responsible for ~95% of the global hash rate?

It's been that way for months. Nobody in the Quark community seems to care ...or care enough to do anything about it.

You obviously are not following look here http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/comments/1xa0gb/fundraiser_quark_foundation_pool/
reRaise

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:13:49 PM

Put your money where you can trust, like Megacoin.

Again, I take Quark over MEC all day. It was the first which made multiple hashing algorithm big. Its one of the biggest hashing family. Also it's infrastructure and community is much better than mec. It is also added to www.VaultofSatoshi.com, www.Bongocoin.com, MuCoWa multi wallet and soon https://moolah.io one of the rising Payment systems. These platforms only add potential Cryptos and MEC is nowhere to be seen.

Quark also has a EURO payment processor already. The introduction video of MEC was very amateur, where Quarks does projects very professionally, it has it's own press team, designers team, it's foundation. Everything is getting organised. You can see it in their Reddit that they care. Quark has the image to go big, especially it's name. It's name imo is apart from Bitcoin the best name of all Cryptos even Intel has called it's processor Quark http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/quark/intel-quark-technologies.html

They are now doing a Thunderclap and have more than 60,000 social reach already. These things for me are the signs that Quark will stay.

Support the THUNDERCLAP
https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/9706-let-s-reinvent-money-together
Bigeyeone

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:17:09 PM

Looks like a pump and dump, quacks like a pump and dump, chances are it's a pump and dump

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
reRaise

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:19:17 PM

^^ This happend with all Cryptos, it's not an only Quark thing. Look at Litecoin/Peercoin/Namecoin even Bitcoin the whole alt scene went bearish. What's your point? At least it's far more ahead of the useless PMC you are begging for in your signature Cool
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:27:47 PM

Looks like a pump and dump, quacks like a pump and dump, chances are it's a pump and dump

of course it's a pump and dump , the coin was instamined.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Bigeyeone

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:38:02 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 12:48:31 PM by Bigeyeone

^^ This happend with all Cryptos, it's not an only Quark thing. Look at Litecoin/Peercoin/Namecoin even Bitcoin the whole alt scene went bearish. What's your point? At least it's far more ahead of the useless PMC you are begging for in your signature Cool

Did I hit a nerve or what ? looks like it, since you had to resort to a personal attack after I showed you a graph with facts, yeah pmc is useless as a currency all right, about as useless as quark and I admit I been pumping it for personal gain not because I really think one day it is going to replace FIAT currency and bring down the global bankster cartel and all that other fantasy bullshit you quark pumpers are trying to sell to naive noobs  Wink

Quark value went from almost zero to 75 million $ in 1 month and the next 3 months it went down to 10 million where it is now, if that not a pump and dump then nothing is.

reRaise

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:44:18 PM

No it wasn't you can't really say it's instamined according to the comments below which were made on July 22 on the official Quark topic at Bitcointalk, 1 day after it was released.

- "there was no instamine. I mined my first block at around 300sh with my little Xeon cluster, and it was already pretty hard to catch a new block. It was much much easier to get Primecoins for the first three days with the same cluster."

- "I got about 100k in the first hour and another 100k in the next 12 hours. Not really instamine. After the first hour the difficulty drastically changed things. Considering blocks are 2048 coins thats not that many. I did the same with YAC, and XPM when they came out."

You had 6 months time, not Quarks fault you were too busy attracting people to buy Litecoin to wash off all the dump Max Keiser did on your head with his Litecoins  Cheesy
reRaise

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:47:52 PM

Did I hit a nerve or what ? looks like it, since you had to resort to a personal attack after I showed you a graph with facts, yeah pmc is useless as a currency all right, about as useless as quark and I admit I been pumping it for personal gain not because I really think one day it is going to replace FIAT currency and bring down the global bankster cartel and all that other fantasy bullshit you quark pumpers are trying to sell to naive noobs  Wink

Yeah right it's useless that's why it has tons of clones and names after it. Nothing wrong with pumping, Bitcoin gets pumped all the time, it's all right when it's a potential coin and Quark is one. Get some knowledge on it before talking crap lol
Bigeyeone

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:49:44 PM

Yeah right it's useless that's why it has tons of clones and names after it. Nothing wrong with pumping, Bitcoin gets pumped all the time, it's all right when it's a potential coin and Quark is one. Get some knowledge on it before talking crap lol

Really fanboy? let me ask you one thing, what have you ever bought with quark ? lol

reRaise

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:59:38 PM

Really fanboy? let me ask you one thing, what have you ever bought with quark ? lol

You know that Quark has a Quark > Euro payment processor? Recently Bitgild has accepted to use this payment processor and guess what it sells gold and silver. http://www.qrk.cc/merchants/

Second www.bongocoin.com, vaultofsatoshi.com, MuCoWa.com, LitePaid.com soon Moolah.io all have like 5/6 top Cryptos added and Quark is one of them

Yes i bought Clothing and Jewellery with Quark. It's time to lose the ego because Quark is really here to stay.
Bigeyeone

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:02:09 PM

You know that Quark has a Quark > Euro payment processor? Recently Bitgild has accepted to use this payment processor and guess what it sells gold and silver. http://www.qrk.cc/merchants/ I don't see PMC have such thing.

Second www.bongocoin.com, vaultofsatoshi.com, MuCoWa.com, LitePaid.com soon Moolah.io all have like 5/6 top Cryptos added and Quark is one of them, do you see PMC in there?

Yes i bought Clothing and Jewellery with Quark. It's time to lose the ego because Quark is really here to stay.

loose the ego huh ? , man you really need a mirror  Grin

reRaise

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:04:27 PM

You know that Quark has a Quark > Euro payment processor? Recently Bitgild has accepted to use this payment processor and guess what it sells gold and silver. http://www.qrk.cc/merchants/ I don't see PMC have such thing.

Second www.bongocoin.com, vaultofsatoshi.com, MuCoWa.com, LitePaid.com soon Moolah.io all have like 5/6 top Cryptos added and Quark is one of them, do you see PMC in there?

loose the ego huh ? , man you really need a mirror  Grin

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:05:31 PM

Quark value went from almost zero to 75 million $ in 1 month and the next 3 months it went down to 10 million where it is now, if that not a pump and dump then nothing is.

Try putting the graph on 90% of alts up there next to that one a take serious look.

The same noobs calling qrk instamined and pushing mint and black and they were mined to full mint about 150x faster.

THE ONLY PEOPLE MOANING ABOUT QRK ARE THOSE THAT HAVE NO QRK

Bigeyeone

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:15:30 PM

Try putting the graph on 90% of alts up there next to that one a take serious look.

The same noobs calling qrk instamined and pushing mint and black and they were mined to full mint about 150x faster.

Well that is kinda my point quark just like all the other altoins lol, just pump and dump BS, now I dont mind pump and dump away, hell I even made a little BTC with the big quark pump in december.

But what really bothers me with Quark is the extraordinary bullshit koolaid the quark pumpers are trying to sell, like it really really special, more secure, better then bitcoin , the global banking cartel worried about quark etc, even with the transaction maleabilty issue the major quark pumper digital industry used this to pump quark, putting some disinformation out there that if mt.Gox had quark on their exchange instead of bitcoin, that this would have never happened. It is all just getting totally unreal with you quark pumpers.

reRaise

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:43:28 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 01:54:34 PM by reRaise

Well that is kinda my point quark just like all the other altoins lol, just pump and dump BS, now I dont mind pump and dump away, hell I even made a little BTC with the big quark pump in december.

But what really bothers me with Quark is the extraordinary bullshit koolaid the quark pumpers are trying to sell, like it really really special, more secure, better then bitcoin , the global banking cartel worried about quark etc, even with the transaction maleabilty issue the major quark pumper digital industry used this to pump quark, putting some disinformation out there that if mt.Gox had quark on their exchange instead of bitcoin, that this would have never happened. It is all just getting totally unreal with you quark pumpers.

Do you need ELI5? He is saying that mtgox didn't wait for BTC to confirm which takes 10 minutes and the scammers/hackers took advantage of that, with Quarks case it would be 30 seconds so it would be much harder to pull it off.

Another advantage of Quark might be in this case it was compared with darkcoin, Darkcoin's block generation time is 2.5minutes (150seconds), while Quark is 30 seconds. Which means that Quarks algorithm with an element of randomness (unpredictability) will have to be cracked in 30 seconds to create a double-spend fork, while for Darkcoin this window of opportunity for the attacker is 5 timeslonger: 150 seconds with no element of randomness**. If you take all these factors into account, Quark is still the most secure - it's not only about the number of hashing functions."

** Quark is using 9 rounds of hashing: while using 6 rounds from Blake, Blue Midnight Wish, Grøstl, JH, Keccak and Skein it adds 3 more rounds of hashing randomly: so the computer doesn't know whether it will be Keccak or Grøstl or Blake. And that's one of the uniqiue beauties of Quark. Unfortunately, Darkcoin or Qubitcoin don't do that: the computer remains certain about which hashing function will be used.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 01:51:22 PM

kids kids kids all these big mining words  !

run along a play with some Scrypt N factors. 

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Bigeyeone

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:59:16 PM

Do you need ELI5? He is saying that mtgox didn't wait for BTC to confirm which takes 10 minutes and the scammers/hackers took advantage of that, with Quarks case it would be 30 seconds so it would be much harder to pull it off.

Another advantage of Quark might be in this case it was compared with darkcoin, Darkcoin's block generation time is 2.5minutes (150seconds), while Quark is 30 seconds. Which means that Quarks algorithm with an element of randomness (unpredictability) will have to be cracked in 30 seconds to create a double-spend fork, while for Darkcoin this window of opportunity for the attacker is 5 timeslonger: 150 seconds with no element of randomness**. If you take all these factors into account, Quark is still the most secure - it's not only about the number of hashing functions."

** Quark is using 9 rounds of hashing: while using 6 rounds from Blake, Blue Midnight Wish, Grøstl, JH, Keccak and Skein it adds 3 more rounds of hashing randomly: so the computer doesn't know whether it will be Keccak or Grøstl or Blake. And that's one of the uniqiue beauties of Quark. Unfortunately, Darkcoin or Qubitcoin don't do that: the computer remains certain about which hashing function will be used.

Transaction malleability has noting to do with double spending and receiving money without waiting for a confirmation, it is about being able to change the transaction ID, to fool dumb people or people with dumb software that a transaction did not happen when it in fact did happen. Quark is just as vulnerable as bitcoin to transaction malleability, it was just shameless disinformation in order to pump quark.

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 02:01:42 PM

yes i certainly 100% did do that , and it was great don't you think?

: D

Also, of course would have helped if the retard  running the exchange wasn't a paid off thief, but why would i say that publicly?

After all this fat chump effectively handed the Crypto market on a silver platter to the BRICs nations.

so why would anyone dislike that guy, i'd shake his hand. (ask him for a cut of his 1000+ BTC)

as for the "more secure" etc, you will not hear that from me, but i don't run a decentralized market so how can I control any of that ?

by definition,  literally any definition Quark's economics and algorithm is superior as a "digital store of value" and "payment system" than Bitcoin.

again will i say that openly in public, nope with out the general Bitcoin protocol we all have nothing so we owe it ultimate respect, but there are things that you can not test on a  white-paper, free market multidimensional aspects that you can't effectively predict, you would literally have to look into the future to do that.

and the final evolution of the algorithm has arrived , and its Quark.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 02:08:13 PM

I can confidently say that the Quark algorithm (variants) will slowly or quickly take over Crypto currency.

there is no secret and there is absolutely nothing large forces in mining can do about it.

The easy to code in complexity will soon be tinkered with similar to the Scrypt N factor -

so a Dev will cook up:

1. Pick hash algos. (or groups)
2. Pick Random function(s)
3. Shake and Bake

mine with GPU and CPU.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: