Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:24:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is $25 XLM worth your privacy (identify).  (Read 10142 times)
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2019, 01:35:08 PM

No, it's not worth for my privacy. That is why I don't join in those programs because I want to protect my identity. Besides that, I heard some news that telling there a group of people who have a large document of the user and they already sold the data in the black market. I don't want to see they sold my identity and I better to be selective to fills any documents in any programs. My privacy worth more than $25 and I don't want to give it for that price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Miners

Activity: 440
Merit: 100

Roobet

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 01:37:06 PM

Sure, in such nation that has blackouts and terrible crisis, $25 means lots of things.
Doing KYC and get $25 airdropped is much better than what locals have to struggle with their daily lives.
If depends on your personal financial situation and where you live.

There are places in the world, such as Venezuela, where you can live one motnh with 25 USD.
However, in better nations, don't need to be developed or rich ones, I don't think people do KYC for such $25 airdrops.
If you live in a rich country, I doubt you should take kyc

Crypt0BHunter

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 01:39:40 PM

Even if it does, I haven't received those 25$ for my KYC in blockchain.info

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 04:03:01 PM

Worth or not is depends on individual, I'm sure that a lot of people already pass the kyc to receive $25 xlm, but I think our document and privacy is not only value $25, it's risk to give our identity document to third party, but as i think if rewards value is more than $500 is worth it.
distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 04:06:08 PM

Worth or not is depends on individual, I'm sure that a lot of people already pass the kyc to receive $25 xlm, but I think our document and privacy is not only value $25, it's risk to give our identity document to third party, but as i think if rewards value is more than $500 is worth it.
you are correct, in fact blockchain is indeed paying participants airdrop xlm with nominal already set. kyc done problem seems now much of that trouble for tier 2 because verification may be too many people who follow him.

cryptoruby

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2019, 04:06:33 PM

for me its not
but i cannot talk about everyone.
Babbylily1112

Activity: 247
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2019, 04:14:24 PM

The money is too little for me to give out my personal data and even some friends I know that actually did till date haven't recieved and I just wonder what's the need then

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
leonair

Activity: 1232
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 04:33:01 PM

I thought that the Stellar platform itself is the one who are running this KYC for $25 but it's the blockchain.com a centralized cryptocurrency online wallet who recently enabled XLM on their platform. I tried to claim the airdrop from Blockchain.com though but I chose not to continue anymore because they're requiring a live webcam beside a government issued ID and I think it's so against with privacy rights even though they are legitimate ever since its inception and it seems to me that they are acting like a virtual bank now.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 04:35:41 PM

some people can sell their doc for even 10 usd, 25 usd is more than a dream for them. personally i wont sell my info for 1k usd also. i million can make me think Tongue
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2019, 05:14:28 PM

For me personally, $ 25 is not the amount due to which I will share my personal data . Despite the seeming harmlessness, this can have very sad far-reaching consequences. But I know that even here on the forum there are a huge number of people who are ready to go for it, even for a smaller amount of money.
belli4388

Activity: 197

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 05:39:20 PM

my privacy is priceless for me so i will never do airdrop, bounty or even invest in ico, ieo, sto that are going to ask for the kyc procedure

space available pm me if interested
siorapokk
Copper Member

Activity: 190
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 05:42:17 PM

I have passed the KYC and now have 25 USD worth of stellar tokens. It is awesome and I recommend to do it. It is simply free money and blockchain is one of the most trusted companies in the crypto world.
arnoldrimmer

Activity: 358

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 05:47:22 PM

Definitely not worth it and I knew of some people that didn't even get the $25 XLM after submitting their details so I just wonders what actually happened. Anyways I can't  submit my details for such flimsy amount

► HackenAI ◄  ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦  ► HackenAI ◄
───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───
Facebook◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Airbuxf

Activity: 257
Merit: 32

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 05:49:29 PM

I have passed the KYC and now have 25 USD worth of stellar tokens. It is awesome and I recommend to do it. It is simply free money and blockchain is one of the most trusted companies in the crypto world.

It isn't read some threads from last years when people lost their money when they put their BTC on blockchain.info wallet. I think such situation could happen with your ID photos when few months later they will be sold on darknet. I'm not telling that it will happen, but it can happen.
sandra_x

Activity: 574
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2019, 06:03:35 PM

Blockchain claim they do not hold your or keep your passwords/private keys. Why would they need users kyc,why do they hope to achieve with it? Having KYc of their users will create a breech in the privacy of a lot of persons since they are probably the largest wallet service provider
sammyp

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 10:31:07 PM

When I first saw the message in my inbox, I decided not to give out my identity for $25. Then problems which that potential $25 could solve currently started appearing on my mind. Sometimes we all do not have the same opportunities or privileges and what we see to be too small for us turns out to be satisfactory for others. Like someone rightly said, $25 is a huge amount of money should it be changed into my local currency.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 10:41:32 PM

Yes I know that blockchain.info has already a name but as I noticed they rejected few of them. My friend both apply kyc on binance and blockchain the result is different. Binance got accepted and verified in 24 hours. Blockchain is checking it in week to months the result is rejected looks like they are avoiding to give the airdrop  Grin

Sounds suspicious, I believe they are just collecting people's identity, anyone got paid from this site?  Seems all that reply here know someone or got rejected from that KYC verification when it was accepted on other exchanges.  I would say $25 for identity is debatable since many of bounty hunters, airdrop hunters do this for as low as 1 dollar but yes each one have their standards but I suggest stay away from this site Smiley
Golstrim

Activity: 1456
Merit: 253

Margin Trader

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 10:46:12 PM

I am ok with it. I received several airdrops by stellar, because at the beginning you could send fake KYC and it worked. Also some members of my family received it.
I always pass KYC in different ICOs and on exchanges, so I don't think it is risky

█▀▀█
██▄█
My Trading View// Trading Community // Cooбщecтвo Tpeйдepoв
█▀▀█
██▄█
Bitcoin Miners

Activity: 440

Roobet

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 11:23:17 PM

I thought that the Stellar platform itself is the one who are running this KYC for $25 but it's the blockchain.com a centralized cryptocurrency online wallet who recently enabled XLM on their platform. I tried to claim the airdrop from Blockchain.com though but I chose not to continue anymore because they're requiring a live webcam beside a government issued ID and I think it's so against with privacy rights even though they are legitimate ever since its inception and it seems to me that they are acting like a virtual bank now.
In the past, Stellar was given away so many times on exchanges for who own Bitcoin during period they gave away their Stellar.
It seems that what happened with Blockchain recently.
I don't joined it due to worry about they KYC and potential personal data leaks later, but there are some people complained about have not received their Stellar (they have not shown their proof).
So, it is just a drama from those guys, till now.

ikicha

Activity: 788

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 11:25:36 PM

The funny thing with these airdrop scheme, a lot people of cryptocurreny user try to user identity other people from non cryptocurrency user. They offered some money for around 2-4$ to do KYC to these airdrop.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: