Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:58:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is $25 XLM worth your privacy (identify).  (Read 10150 times)
yingfeng

Activity: 910
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 06:28:55 PM

If you passed KYC for ICO and Bounty, then nothing prevents you from going pass KYC to get XLM. Otherwise, it is not necessary to upload your documents for $ 25.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄       
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████   
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████   
  █████████████████████   
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████     
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ifychuks
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 07:05:09 PM

You are talking about $25 XLM, what do you now say about airdrops or bounties that ending giving $5 reward after mandating participants to go through KYC. It's just so crazy in this space.
miklesm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 07:22:42 PM

I think 25$ is a good price for completing KYC in case this information will not be used by the third parties, but it is impossible to be checked.
dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 07:32:08 PM

Of course not! Your personal information is not worth 25 dollars. It costs much more, but on the other hand, the platform can be understood. It expands the client base and pays for it.

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
Mrsparks

Activity: 406
Merit: 5

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 07:38:17 PM

This is the level of deterioration that the blockchain community has gotten to.. I understand that KYC/AML are put in place to meet up with regulations but now we see start-ups offering services that do not require KYC/AML asking for it.. The blockchain community even have identity projects such  civic..Rather they refuse to use blockchain identity platforms.. They want our data for their personal use.. It's saddening..

[     I C A      |      icacoin.com      |      IEO is live on Sept 2019     ]
━ ━━━   The Revolution of Digital Advertising   ━━━ ━
Mrcharles
Copper Member

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 07:40:13 PM

There are diverse opinions concerning this airdrop. In my opinion, if you have nothing to be scared of, you can participate and get the 25$ which happens to be substantial for some persons. Some persons believe that their privacy worths more than the airdrop, in such situations its best to abstain from the airdrop. But I doubt if blockchain would be using the information for any illicit dealing.
AlekseyCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 07:45:51 PM

I think that this operation is not worth it to give is not clear to whom your personal data which are much more expensive.
StreakW

Activity: 1189
Merit: 107

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 07:50:16 PM

$25 if not worth, and i think not all people who join in this airdrop put right information, And even put right information not one can guarantee we will receive coins, because i have many friend, he join in this airdrop put right information but he not receive it

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 07:50:54 PM

Maybe it worth for people who can live months with 25$ if the airdrop is available for this countries. I hope that the identity will be safely stored and no one will use it for any bad scope.
wesk1212

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 08:51:57 PM

Maybe it worth for people who can live months with 25$ if the airdrop is available for this countries. I hope that the identity will be safely stored and no one will use it for any bad scope.
Yes, it is very interesting what will happen to personal data. It seems to me that they will use and there are certain risks. Sad

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 03:43:04 AM

Speaking about the ongoing stellar airdrop by blockchain.com which started as a fair one but now requires those interested in the airdrop to pass some KYC procedures, I ask, is it worth it? We complain of Facebook, Google etc of stealing our privacy and possible selling them for profit to other companies and praise blockchain of been decentralized yet we're willing to sell our private details to some centralized organization offering services related to the blockchain technology and we think it's safer? I get it that the bear market has affected numerous newbie that came into the market in 2017 but I ask again is just $25 worth your privacy?

I suspect this moved by them as a deliberate attempt to steal users private details (identify), first they made the airdrop looks so simple and easy thereby deceiving numerous customers into believing they would get free $25 after they have trapped their victim, they then introduce kyc to steal their identity.

Obviously not worthy. I saw this airdrop last month and just ignored that.
We should not give your identity only for $25, we should do it like big investor.
Big investor doing KYC because it has a potential to gain big profit later, not for peanuts.

Error 522

Activity: 216

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 06:25:06 AM

Has everybody received their XLM?   Myself and a friend have not received ours.
N0sferatu

Activity: 386
Merit: 78

[insert coin to continue]

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 07:26:19 AM

Speaking about the ongoing stellar airdrop by blockchain.com which started as a fair one but now requires those interested in the airdrop to pass some KYC procedures, I ask, is it worth it? We complain of Facebook, Google etc of stealing our privacy and possible selling them for profit to other companies and praise blockchain of been decentralized yet we're willing to sell our private details to some centralized organization offering services related to the blockchain technology and we think it's safer? I get it that the bear market has affected numerous newbie that came into the market in 2017 but I ask again is just $25 worth your privacy?

I suspect this moved by them as a deliberate attempt to steal users private details (identify), first they made the airdrop looks so simple and easy thereby deceiving numerous customers into believing they would get free $25 after they have trapped their victim, they then introduce kyc to steal their identity.

Remind that most people gave away their data for free in the past. So, acutally, this is one of the few moments people got actually paid for their documents!  Wink

entebah

Activity: 1548
Merit: 153

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 08:17:15 AM

I think for now there are a lot of fraud cases from Airdrop participants, so to limit that KYC is needed, so that it is fair and equitable, so there is not too much cheating.

hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 08:31:40 AM

I think for now there are a lot of fraud cases from Airdrop participants, so to limit that KYC is needed, so that it is fair and equitable, so there is not too much cheating.
well, i think this is a blockchain problem. I think it's quite natural, we know that blockchain gives us a lot of surprises. but, to find out customers, or users, I think it's natural to use Kyc. besides, there is a bonus for those who do it for $ 25
nwosuchristabe2
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 09:18:46 AM

The issue of privacy could be very dicey, and should be taken with utmost seriousness. The personal information of people can be used for several illicit purposes when it gets to the wrong hands. Everyone should be very careful of the airdrop and bounties which ask for privacy information, it could be used to bring ones years of hardwork to nothing. I believe blockchain doesn't have intension of using the information for illicit activities, but we all need to careful.
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 09:27:04 AM

The issue of privacy could be very dicey, and should be taken with utmost seriousness. The personal information of people can be used for several illicit purposes when it gets to the wrong hands. Everyone should be very careful of the airdrop and bounties which ask for privacy information, it could be used to bring ones years of hardwork to nothing. I believe blockchain doesn't have intension of using the information for illicit activities, but we all need to careful.
Many people now do not understand how valuable their data is. and they take part in many of the air drops where you need to pass on the identity verification

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 09:33:05 AM

snip

When it comes to cryptocurrency, I wouldn't give my data for $1000000000 dollars. Crypto was made to be anonymous and for me as it stands that will always be the case.
It's not all about being anonymous. If anonymity was the only reason for which you aren't giving any data, then people who have no problem with their identity, meant if they didn't do any illegal activity, then can give their identity for $25?
It's matter when the people who are receiving the data isn't going to compromise your identity. It's about being compromised.
Mrcharles
Copper Member

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 09:47:52 AM

In my opinion, blockchain is aware of the  privacy policy in existence and would abide by it, making the possibility of selling of personal information impossible. I believe if the privacy policies are abided, then people have no cause to worry. Due to the various issues we've heard in the past, it's normal for people to worry and be unwilling to give out their privacy data.
Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 10:14:11 AM

I feel somewhat disappointed with blockchain on this. Why requesting the KYC? Also, I believe for them to be offering $25 as payback for the KYC means they also have a sort of monetary or material profit to make with those KYC information or documents. That is where I am more curious about their trick.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: