Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:45:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is $25 XLM worth your privacy (identify).  (Read 10150 times)
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 03:08:35 PM

now there are so many decisive bounty projects to do KYC if you want to get a reward bounty ... then there is no other choice to be able to get rewards from the work we have done for several months in bounty campaigns ... as well as airdrop XLM that asks participants to complement KYC as a condition to get rewards on the Blockchain.com application / website ... so I think that they will keep the privacy that we give them confidential.
There are always alternatives for you and other bounty hunters. Bounty managers and companies can not force you to join their bounties and do KYCs. You decide to join or not join, to do KYC or not to do KYC. You can get easy money now, but in the future, you might have some kinds of risks that you even don't think of by now, or you know that but ignore such risks to get easy money.
I think that if our KYC is revealed. it can greatly affect our lives later. We will be constantly bothered by projects, and may be more complicated if it falls into the hands of bad guys. Do not be too greedy for the current money and leave serious consequences

As long as you don't just KYC, there is certainly a risk, but if you ask for a large company, it will be safe, provided that you don't risk KYC by making small money.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 10:40:01 PM

Unfortunately. we can not know the real lives of the forum members. I know some nations who have a daily wage less than $5 and they are busy with bounty hunting. Because of this fact, let them do their small tasks. It is really worth to get a 25$ XLM for their privacy, unfortunately.

Alas, yes. Many people are at the threshold of poverty, having rather mediocre prosperity, and not having the opportunity to work in a paid job. The environment pushes them to reveal their identity for the sake of money.

Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 11:10:45 PM

Speaking about the ongoing stellar airdrop by blockchain.com which started as a fair one but now requires those interested in the airdrop to pass some KYC procedures, I ask, is it worth it? We complain of Facebook, Google etc of stealing our privacy and possible selling them for profit to other companies and praise blockchain of been decentralized yet we're willing to sell our private details to some centralized organization offering services related to the blockchain technology and we think it's safer? I get it that the bear market has affected numerous newbie that came into the market in 2017 but I ask again is just $25 worth your privacy?

I suspect this moved by them as a deliberate attempt to steal users private details (identify), first they made the airdrop looks so simple and easy thereby deceiving numerous customers into believing they would get free $25 after they have trapped their victim, they then introduce kyc to steal their identity.

Selling our personal privacy documents is very risky dude, this is what I always said here that never join in an airdrops requiring KYC it is too dangerous and we never know where their gonna use it, and for sure they will sell it to other company and use it at for illegal purpose. It will only fine if they offer you 500$ and up but not 25$.
Razerglass
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 11:15:20 PM

Sending personal documentation details for $25 worth Stellar is same as going outside for finding a broker who buys a cheap paper for small amounts in my opinion. I love privacy but treating the crypto investors like this is not acceptable by my side. Breaking the rules have penalties for each company but these companies know the rules and play with rules of the house. It is not going to be ok if these people go to send their documents in the future.

██░                                             
 ▓██▓░                                           
  ▓█████▓▒░                                  ░▒██░
    ▓███████▓▒░                           ░▓▓██▓ 
      ▒█████████▓▒                     ░▓████▓   
        ░█████▓████▓▒                 ▓████▓░   
          ░▓███▓▓▓▓███▓░            ▒██▓▓█▒     
             ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒         ░███▓▓█▒       
               ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓       ▓███▓▓█▒       
                ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒   ▒███████▓         
                 ░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                   ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒                 
                    ▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░     
                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   
                   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   
              ▒▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ░   
         ▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░                   
|
|
🛵 Connecting Travellers All Around The World 🛵 

Socially Powered Search Engine for the Travel & Tourism Industry
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
One-Pager
Ann Thread
|
Medium
Youtube
Instagram
coaprotet
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

KNL Ecosystem - Invest. Trade. Earn.

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 03:35:19 PM

If you ever took part in an IEO, ICO, STO, Bounty or an Airdrop you should have come across the requirement of passing the KYC process to get your rewards. This is nothing more than another airdrop with great value.

🌱 KNL Ecosystem 🌱                                                                                                                                         
                     Invest. Trade. Earn                  SECTORS OF TOKENIZATION  | Agriculture, Real estate, Oil industry, Fintech, Other industries   
                                                    /                                                      Telegram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Medium | Btt
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 07:26:02 PM

Is $25 XLM worth your privacy (identify).

You are linking your identity only to those $25. Nothing else. You dont link it to your salary or. Well you probably already linked that in past. and is mouch bigger figure probably then $25.  

$25 is worth different to different people. For some is not worth the time, for others it is worth.
Christinebeauty
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 07:27:56 PM

Blockchain wallet airdrop was even better if you compare it with those new projects who just organize airdrops to steal people's identity and supplied some shit coins to them. Crypto is gradually moving from centralization and it is so sad

styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 07:31:06 PM

No chance, no, definitely not worth it. I would recommend to stay away from anything that needs KYC. I know there are legitimate reasons for the requirement in many cases, but equally it is easy for fraudstres to present themselves as genuine as well. I would say don't do it.
krb91

Activity: 254
Merit: 10

Streamies Rocks!!!!

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 10:55:37 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2019, 10:06:26 AM by krb91

In my opinion, No! I remember trying to signup for it only for me to realize that it required ID identity verification. This discouraged me because I believe privacy is not negotiable, regardless of the financial gain attached to it. If there's a security breach, Think of the millions of users personal information that'll be leaked. In order to protect the crypto community, platforms should desist from requiring Identity verification.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 11:38:22 PM

Its very sad that such a big platform like blockchain.com will make users to provide their identity for just $25 XLM.  For  me, I will not provide my details for even 1 million worth of any crypto coin. You can't really tell what they will be using your details for.
fosamede
Copper Member

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2019, 11:45:04 PM

I do not think 25 USD is worth your privacy. It will give the government full access to your cryptoassets since the government can easily conpell a third party to submit the details of their customers. It will lead to all sorts of abuse, restrictions and control by government
KuraJamban

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2019, 12:36:40 AM

Speaking about the ongoing stellar airdrop by blockchain.com which started as a fair one but now requires those interested in the airdrop to pass some KYC procedures, I ask, is it worth it? We complain of Facebook, Google etc of stealing our privacy and possible selling them for profit to other companies and praise blockchain of been decentralized yet we're willing to sell our private details to some centralized organization offering services related to the blockchain technology and we think it's safer? I get it that the bear market has affected numerous newbie that came into the market in 2017 but I ask again is just $25 worth your privacy?

I suspect this moved by them as a deliberate attempt to steal users private details (identify), first they made the airdrop looks so simple and easy thereby deceiving numerous customers into believing they would get free $25 after they have trapped their victim, they then introduce kyc to steal their identity.
I think this just a reward for people that already finish their Verification method. I'm not calling this for an airdrop that you must join in it.
The main reason people doing KYC is to increase their swap limit on Blockchain wallet. For the airdrop, I consider it more as a gift.

Musekay

Activity: 260
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 04:42:14 AM

I don't think it's worth it. Your ID is who you are and letting it go for $25 for me i don't think it's worth it.

///    ApeSwap.finance    ///
                Stake now for over 900% APR!               
Zulkifli BI

Activity: 277
Merit: 22

lumintoken.com

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 10:54:47 AM

I will give anything if asked for my identity for the sake of something that can make money for me ... because all this time I have never felt harmed by any party after I filled out KYC or gave my identity to the airdrop or bounty campaign... so for me I don't think too much about negative people who ask for our KYC ...

●●●●●●●●[Lumintoken - First Direct Democracy Over Monetary Policies]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Discord◂ | ▸Twitter
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 07:07:03 PM

Is $25 XLM worth your privacy (identify).

You are linking your identity only to those $25. Nothing else. You dont link it to your salary or. Well you probably already linked that in past. and is mouch bigger figure probably then $25.  

$25 is worth different to different people. For some is not worth the time, for others it is worth.
$25 doesn't sound much but multiple times of $25 is a different story. Many people made a fortune from this airdrop of XLM by cheating on KYC. Even if they didn't cheat, then I agree with you that $25 is a decent amount to many people, especially in third world countries, when they care less about their identity over many other financial concerns.

But you dont link you identity to your wealth. You link it just to those $25. If I have 1000 BTC and i apply on that exchange and KYC there, my 1000 BTC wallet was not KYCed. Still no oen knows whose that wallet is. What people will know is that I own $25 of stelar.
maximumcoin

Activity: 487
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 12:56:33 PM

I think that if our KYC is revealed. it can greatly affect our lives later. We will be constantly bothered by projects, and may be more complicated if it falls into the hands of bad guys. Do not be too greedy for the current money and leave serious consequences
There are always risks of data leaks, such as recent drama on Binance. Therefore, I don't want to take risks and I think other people should not take risk with your identities by verifying KYCs in order to get airdrops. Yes, we all should avoid KYCs as one of airdrop requirements, if we can have other ways to get money. There are so many things we can do to get money, from crypto, or beyond crypto, then using earned money to invest back in crypto. Safety in long run is the most important thing to consider, not $25, or $50 at the moment.

asder250

Activity: 708
Merit: 103

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 01:17:51 PM

Better 25$ for selling ID than getting nothing and lost identity through a hack  Grin.
See more about the last Binance KYC hack: https://thehackernews.com/2019/08/binance-kyc-data-leak.html.

DavethaMan

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 01:28:01 PM

Not at all. We got crypto mainly for better privacy in the first place, giving up ypur privacy for a measly 25 bucks is just completely backwards in that regard.
SolarWindMiningCompany

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 03:43:01 PM

It might just be worth it considering the parties involved (blockchain and stellar lumens) which are widely considered as a legitimate company ready to abide by the non disclosure laws of the kyc to a third party. Besides, many people even do these kyc for less or nothing these days

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
satriagedhe

Activity: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 04:05:23 PM

If depends on your personal financial situation and where you live.

There are places in the world, such as Venezuela, where you can live one motnh with 25 USD.

If you live in a rich country, I doubt you should take kyc

just agree with this , if the country like that i think money was better than their identity  , also i think blockchain was good enough to make sure it safe our data .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: